Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official (38520 Views)

Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers / Customs Gives Account Of Vehicles Seized Since President Buhari Came Into Power / Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2017
freeman67:

It depends on where you are. Standard Chartered is a popular bank but I am not sure its everybody all over Nigeria that knows abt it. Jaiz Bank has a Branch opp Wuse Market Abuja. They also have a branch in the same plaza/building with MTN in Gwarinpa.

All in the north shocked shocked shocked
So the auction is for northerners alone abi
Quantinue.

And please don't repeat what you just said about Standard Chartered Bank undecided
There is no basis for comparison

2 Likes

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Splashme: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2017
The fraud called Bihari and Ahmed Ali.....

Even, uptil this moment that site is still displaying UNDER MAINTENANCE

You can try......

https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction//auction/list/all

2 Likes

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Martin0(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2017
gypsey:
nigeria will never ever ever ever ever ever get better! right! so what did you find out?
which kind prayer be this nau Eh eh Nna eh firstly it will be too expensive for the average nigerian to afford because the best customer's are the average and to make every business grow u need to supply or make it affordable for the average,and secondly it more better to get 20naira everyday than to get 100naira every week as profite,u can imgine having continious profite than just having merely a week..so I have to give the business a roll up,I have to focuse on my Agriculture and animal husbandry ambition,so how is life na?
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2017
ayokellany:

Please what is the website address.
https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by zoomzoom(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2017
nurey:
for a site that has not started working? haaaaa, thanks for the info, atleast i wont waste my 1k for registration, goodluck to the lucky buyers cool

Did you also notice that it's only JAIZ BANK that is working on the platform?

How foolish this Malams think Nigerians are is what baffles me.

4 Likes

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 08, 2017
Please is the #1000 different from the Tax fee

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by bellotaofeek: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2017
chronique:
Lol. How a Jaiz bank with relatively few branches around Nigeria, suddenly became the first bank to be on the network, is still a mystery. The objective of it all is simple, to those who can think. Nigeria is just what it is.

Jaiz bank ? I am hearing the name for the first time . Why not First or even Union bank .
Awon were

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Otiwaikuku: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2017
eddie7:
The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, says no fewer than 43 persons have won the bidding of vehicles in the first 48 hours of the newly launched e-auction platform.
Joseph Attah, the Public Relations Officer, told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Wednesday in Abuja that the platform “is active and working.”
Mr. Attah made the clarification following numerous complaints from interested bidders that they could not access the Customs’ auction websites.
The Comptroller-General of Customs, Hameed Ali, on July 3 in Abuja inaugurated the e-auction platform aimed at giving all Nigerians equal opportunities to partake in bidding for seized vehicles and to increase Customs’ revenue.
“At the first day of the launching, there were technical challenges with the e-auction platform and these challenges have already been resolved.
“Potential bidders can now register smoothly without hitches.
“The first 48 hours expired at 12noon on Wednesday and already 43 persons have won the bidding including a journalist, so you can see this platform is working.
“For now, it is only Jaiz bank that is on the platform, other designated banks are having Interswitch issues and they will soon be on board as soon as they ratify the issues. So among all the banks in Nigeria na only Jaiz Islamic Bank NCS is using? I can see na only them no get inter switch problem.The fight against corruption is real but NCS never do open recruitment since over 20yeats now
I understand that today one bank will soon be on board,’’ he said.
Mr. Attah called on potential bidders to be calm and make use of the bank available on the platform for now until other banks could come on board.
“For those trying to register, they should go to the designated bank area on the platform, click on the Jaiz bank and print out the page from their system and go to the bank to pay.
“This means the person has activated with Jaiz bank and the bank can key you into the bank system to enable you pay the N1 000 administrative fee, which will be transferred to your e-wallet,’’ he said.
NAN reports that between 4:10 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday, July 5, the platform was showing “Under Maintenance’’.
The platform also gave an instruction saying: “Dear user, the server is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance or upgrade. Please refresh the page in a few minutes.’’
However, after many attempts to refresh the page by NAN correspondent, it still showed the same instruction.
(NAN)
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2017
ayokellany:

Please what is the website address.
https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Turbocharged: 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
So it only Jaiz bank thwt is working.

I see!

**The cabal is working**

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by eddie7: 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Okay ooooo. So where is it located
Because I must tell you that I have never heard or seen one shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I know of Sterling which is also a non interest bank but Jaiz

And just one bank involved at Federal Government level My Dear no matter the bank, it's doesn't look so good undecided

Telling the masses that other banks will soon join or ALL are having interswitch problems Please even the birds won't fly that. Jeez.

Same wondering & questions I've being asking too....Baba gats lots of questions to answer when he returns...we dey wat

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by MFSDW777(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
You are On point!!
Their plan is also to build up the so called Islamic bank. As you said. IT IS ALL HANDWRITING ON THE WALL!!
booz:
Jaiz Bank!!! This is an handwriting on the wall! Their plan to islamise Nigeria. Why Islamic bank? I bet you'll have to accept their terms and conditions which will include that demonic T&C you see NL Islamic section.

I urge the eternally minded brethren to stir clear of this, if the only bank available is the so called Jaiz bank and you must of necessity open an account with them!
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Ballack1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
JAIZ bank is an Islamic bank....Sharia bank
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Ballack1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
JAIZ bank is an Islamic bank....Sharia bank............... hummmm
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by millhouse: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
So interswitch only works well with jiaz bank bank (quoting d GC as he said other banks were excluded due to having problems with interswitch) very soon if u don't have an account with jiaz bank you can't do contract or biz in this country.. Islamization in the making.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Jagermeister(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
texazzpete:

But the other fellow is right. There's every possibility that these cars were sold to cronies. The site has remained inaccessible to members of the general public...and that's certainly not due to overwhelming demand since this wasn't widely publicized.

And before you start on me, I pay more taxes yearly than the vast majority of Nigerians.

It would be absolute ignorance if I try to debunk the obvious fact of what's going on. I remember stating that I'm aware of the decadence in the system.

Now my friend, we want this exercise to be a success, but then would it be? We really don't know!

I've never opened the site and that's because I'm not eligible and so I don't know what the fuss is all about.

There's a lot a lot that has been done right in this present leadership of the NCS and an awful lot has been done very wrongly.. But I tell you what, the CG is a good man and WOULD PROBABLY not be involved in any 'fraud' as you all call it. I hope you noticed the 'would probably'.

Bear in mind that I'm not Hausa and I'm Christian and so I'm speaking from an objective point of view.

My only problem with my good friend is his HYPOCRISY.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by akmome: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=dheespectre post=58237671]Now you can use your fridge, freezer, ac, iron, etc on smaller gen that doesn't power it on a normal day..

Get powerbeta..
N5500 only
0811-9387235

https://www.nairaland.com/3907711/use-fridge-freezer-air-conditioner for

hmm..... Re u sure of this? if yes, what type of generator are u referring to? and can it work on the I better pass my neighbor generator.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Cedricayus(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Jagermeister(m): 11:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
spokesboy:

What trash are you talking about? Do you think people are not intelligent enough to know all these? Why compare the garbage we have here with what operates in Britain? Merely seeing the statement that all other banks on their platform have interswitch issues except one islamic JAIZ bank should help you to understand the system we're dealing with - corrupt and dishonest. Don't you know about the Nigerian Customs? That's the area where YOU need to be educated before attacking people here.

Only poor people behave the way you have and u're one hell of a poor individual.

Did you even read my post at all?

Who did I insult? Normally, I don't reply these acts of shenanigans but I have to ask... Who are you mate?
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by spokesboy: 12:10am On Jul 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Only poor people behave the way you have and u're one hell of a poor individual.

Did you even read my post at all?

Who did I insult? Normally, I don't reply these acts of shenanigans but I have to ask... Who are you mate?
Guy, you're still spewing trash! Of course we didn't read your post, we're just unhappy about your looks. Mtcheew!!!
See lots of responses rebuffing your comment on this thread. That's the evidence that your comment is not in order.
I don't have to respond to your reference about "poor people" because that's exactly who you are - defending the right of people taking possession of another man's sweat.

2 Likes

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Jagermeister(m): 12:12am On Jul 09, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Nice bashing for the goat, if the idiot truly has an uncle/brother in the customs and such opportunity of car auction is announced to the bastard he will log in to take advantage,tomorrow you see the hypocrite cruising a car of N4m which he was opportune to pay N1.5m ,when you ask him how much he bought the car. Hew I'll be telling you he bought for N5m.

We Nigerians are hypocrites,once it does not have any bearing impact on them,they are good to go,once it's thier car that is auctioned that's when you see them misinforming people on social media telling you how custom officers are corrupt.

There are standard procedures as regards importation ,once you breach any of these procedures/guideline you will face the music,how can one import a 2015 model of a car and on papers it's written a 2011 model ,what do you expect custom to do shake your hands and congratulate you for short changing thout system ?

Thanks fam.

I quoted an individual that called a group of people he didn't know personally 'Bastards'.

I called him a hypocrite and made him understand why I did, this dude SalamRushdie has called me a lot of names.

I refrained from quoting him directly because if I did, I might have shaded him so badly that even though this might be a faceless racket, he would have felt a sting.

But then I'm a grown man so no hard feelings.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Jagermeister(m): 12:24am On Jul 09, 2017
freekick:
GOD bless you bro. Nigeria will be great.

My appreciation!
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Jagermeister(m): 12:34am On Jul 09, 2017
gypsey:
so this justifies it? what about the vehicles seized just because they felt they can. even when i was prepared to pay all the taxes? tell me have you ever imported any goods or vehicles to nigeria? I have, it's ussually a nightmare trying to clear goods at the nigerian port, they will deliberately frustrate and extort you so much you would want to forfeit your goods or vehicles, i bet you are not speaking from an experience, so CHILL!

Quote me one more time and I'll answer these stupid-ass questions.

Mr importer. I bet u're the leading importer in your entire village.

Weldone sir!
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Jagermeister(m): 1:16am On Jul 09, 2017
spokesboy:

Guy, you're still spewing trash! Of course we didn't read your post, we're just unhappy about your looks. Mtcheew!!!
See lots of responses rebuffing your comment on this thread. That's the evidence that your comment is not in order.
I don't have to respond to your reference about "poor people" because that's exactly who you are - defending the right of people taking possession of another man's sweat.

Slow down tiger. U're not getting paid for this.

Maybe I'll buy you a drink someday.

You win.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Quote me one more time and I'll answer these stupid-ass questions.

Mr importer. I bet u're the leading importer in your entire village.

Weldone sir!
as I suspected you have no reasonable or constructive response to my question.
Yes! I am the leading importer in my entire village, do you have a problem with that? angry
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Martin0(m): 6:53am On Jul 09, 2017
gypsey:
as I suspected you have no reasonable or constructive response to my question.
Yes! I am the leading importer in my entire village, do you have a problem with that? angry
kiss
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2017
Rainmania:
It's normal with a new system. Servers can be overloaded. Just cause its down now doesn't mean it didn't work. Signed up on the fifth of July everything went well. Anyways I won a bid for a Toyota corolla 2010. I'm expected to pay 25% for overcharge duties though but don't mind. This is a good development, now everyone has a fair chance to bid. It's all automated so no one can influence it. It's all about the highest bidder. Uber things loading grin
Bro Congrats ,I will need to talk to you it's very urgent.
Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by demandtruth: 3:23am On Jul 10, 2017
[quote author=Rainmania post=58245342]
https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction[/quote

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Nomidiva: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
Jaiz Bank Plc, the only full-fledged non-interest bank in Nigeria has emerged the first commercial bank in the country to integrate the Nigerian Customs Service e-auction platform.
The e-auction platform was part of the restructuring mandate initiated by the Comptroller General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) when he resumed duty in 2015. It was aimed at blocking revenue leakages thereby increasing revenue generation for the government.
After repeated tests of the e-auction platform, the Nigeria Customs has deployed the e-auction portal yesterday with Jaiz Bank as the only Bank that has successfully completed the integration process thus enabling auction transactions on the portal.
The portal is now fully networked to Jaiz Bank as the only bank that has successfully completed the integration process out of the designated Banks. This will ensure that money accruing from the auction gets to the Central Bank of Nigeria Treasury Single Account for transparency and accountability.

The platform which is highly interactive will only give access to holders of TIN. Such tax payers will log in, read the guidelines, pay the non-refundable one thousand auction fee and proceed to bid for the items on auction. Hitherto, all auction by the custom are conducted through a manual process which was identified as non-competitive and opened to abuses hence the introduction of e-auction.

Jaiz Bank PLC is a quoted public company owned by over 26,000 shareholders spread over the six geo-political zones of Nigeria. The Bank's balance sheet has grown from N12 billion in 2012 to about N68 billion, with asset financing of over N30 billion (as at end of 2016) and customer base of over 230,000 cutting across all strata of the society.

1 Like

Re: Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official by Bostin(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nigeria I hail oo, another auction has started today 12pm and close tomorrow 12pm hmmm. Truth be told,it is for carbals and not for general.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? / Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / With This Toyota Camatte Petta, Little Kids Can Now Learn To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.