Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2078311 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by baba11(m): 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
Konnektions146:

PV panels connected in series gives more voltage and static current but parrallel increases the current and static voltage.

but you are better of with a higher voltage than higher current before the Charge controller(CC).

you could connect in series to get about 105v , 8.9A and when you feed it into the CC, the controller will take the voltage it wants and does some certain level of conversion of the excess voltage to boost the current and thus more juice into your battery.(only an MPPT can take that much voltage)

E.g. from solar(105v;8.9A) -->Charge controller--54V, 15A-->Battery

Hope this helps

How you arrive at the ratings of your cc is not clear... kindly recap!!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tradeplusib: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
BRIGHTSOLAR:

Contact Auxona Energy

Thanks! youre a lifesaver grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tradeplusib: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
baba11:

How you arrive at the ratings of your cc is not clear... kindly recap!!!!

Energy is neither created or destroyed, it just changes form.

120w of power can be 12v @ 10A or 24v @ 5A ( power = voltage x Amps, note layman assumption)

For efficiency in terms of cost you are better off with lower current (A) - This means smaller cable diameter, lower breaker amperageo

Hence for higher voltage and lower amps connect your pannels in series (the voltages add up, but current stays the same). So assuming youre connecting 3 units 120watts (17v, 7.05A) in series you will have 17+17+17Volts , 7.05A

At the charge controller these are the ratings you need to match

- the max PVoc your controller can handle - this gives you an indication of how many panels you can link up in series
- Your battery bank terminal voltage - your cc needs to match this

what your cc will be doing if its an mppt is convert the difference in volt from your string of PV (e.g 140v) and your battery bank terminal voltage(24v) to useful current for charging rather than dumping it as waste if it was a pwm

hope that helps

back to sleuth mode cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 74k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

MERCURY tubular/flooded deep cycle batteries 12v 220a "comes with electrolyte level indicator covers and 1 yr & half warranty".......... @60k

Latest model 10kva servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @60k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)...

MUST POWER 2kw 12v, 2kw 24, 3kw 24v,3kw 48v , 6kw 24v,6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

Telecomm used intelligent battery chargers 24v 60a, 48v 30a.

Office used MUSTPOWER power sinewave inverter 2000w 12v ......@40k

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v, 2kva 24v, 3.5kva 24v, 5.5kva 24v) .... In Stock

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:03am On Aug 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2015
Hello house, I am in trouble o! The glass of one of my panels cracked badly; any hope of redemption? There are screws at the side of the panel and i am thinking of openning it and replacing the glass but needs the advice of house members. Advice needed urgently please!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
durodee:
Hello house, I am in trouble o! The glass of one of my panels cracked badly; any hope of redemption? There are screws at the side of the panel and i am thinking of openning it and replacing the glass but needs the advice of house members. Advice needed urgently please!!

Unfortunately, this happens quite a bit. Opening it will compromise it some have the glass bonded to the cells. if the crack is not impacting the performance of the panel try sealing the crack with clear epoxy.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
chris81964:

Unfortunately, this happens quite a bit. Opening it will compromise it some have the glass bonded to the cells. if the crack is not impacting the performance of the panel try sealing the crack with clear epoxy.
Thanks man! Any specific epoxy (brand name if possible )to use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
durodee:

Thanks man! Any specific epoxy (brand name if possible )to use?
it happened to me once. it's very simple.
buy a clear silicon gum (type used by car glass mechanics****).
Then visit a shop where u can buy a full sheet of 3mm or 4mm fully transparent glass(type used for show glass for snacks).
Cut according to the size of your panel and used d silicon gum. apply d gum moderately from all 4 sides to prevent moisture from gaining access.

do not attempt to remove the old broken glass.else u loose ur panel.
the major reason glass is used on d panel is 2 prevent moisture.

I wish I had d pictures of the stuffs. I can assure yoy that with 5k budget, your panel will be restored.

note:: performance will be reduced by a small amount. half is better than none.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2015

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 74k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

MERCURY tubular/flooded deep cycle batteries 12v 220a "comes with electrolyte level indicator covers and 1 yr & half warranty".......... @60k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@95k

MUST POWER 2kw 12v, 2kw 24, 3kw 24v,3kw 48v , 6kw 24v,6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

JOY and YASHI solar panels (mono crystalline & poly crystalline) .........@ discounted prices for any watt/volt

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v, 2kva 24v, 3.5kva 24v, 5.5kva 24v) .... In Stock

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
abunafiu:

it happened to me once. it's very simple.
buy a clear silicon gum (type used by car glass mechanics****).
Then visit a shop where u can buy a full sheet of 3mm or 4mm fully transparent glass(type used for show glass for snacks).
Cut according to the size of your panel and used d silicon gum. apply d gum moderately from all 4 sides to prevent moisture from gaining access.

do not attempt to remove the old broken glass.else u loose ur panel.
the major reason glass is used on d panel is 2 prevent moisture.

I wish I had d pictures of the stuffs. I can assure yoy that with 5k budget, your panel will be restored.

note:: performance will be reduced by a small amount. half is better than none.
Thanks! will work on the panel on or before weekend and inform of outcomes. Thanks once again, good to know that I am not alone.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
I NEED 200WATT /230WATT MODULES OF SOLAR PANEL,60A MPPT SOLAR CC......I NEED THEM IN OGBOMOSO.OYO STATE....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
temizeee:
I NEED 200WATT /230WATT MODULES OF SOLAR PANEL OF 9 PIECES,1 PIECES OF60A MPPT SOLAR CC......I NEED THEM IN OGBOMOSO.OYO STATE....ANY RELIABLE SELLER SHOULD POST THEIR PHN NUMBERS FOR NEGOTIATION AND ARRANGEMENT.

O8o six seven seven Four one two nine four

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
kiekie1:

-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@95k

JOY and YASHI solar panels (mono crystalline & poly crystalline) .........@ discounted prices for any watt/volt

gonna call you tomorrow....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2015
kiekie1:

Oga frank!

abeg do bonanza- buy one get one free. then supply me only 8 units of the L16-RE.
lols.
do have a great day.
My regards.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:47am On Aug 07, 2015
temizeee:

gonna call you tomorrow....

Thanks for the call Sir. Expect your delivery in few hours time !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2015
abunafiu:

Oga frank!

abeg do bonanza- buy one get one free. then supply me only 8 units of the L16-RE.
lols.
do have a great day.
My regards.

OK Sir, will do just that when dollar stabilizes ! Meanwhile i give reasonable discounts right now and thanks for your last patronage. I humbly expect more transactions. Gracias

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
THANKS TO KIEKIE1...I SENT HIM HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO HIM(close to a million naira) WITHOUT EVEN MEETING HIM IN PERSON BEFORE...HE DELIVERED SO PROMPTLY IN LESS THAN 36HRS.. i RECOMMEND HIM TO ANY INVERTER USERS WHO NEED SOLAR_INVERTER GOODS HE IS 100% TRUSTED AND GUARANTEED TO DELIVER WHAT YOU ORDER.
ALSO THANKS GOES TO UNCLE DURODEE. HE STOOD BY ME THROUGHOUT(don't know we are very close to each other here in ogbomoso_OYO state) GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:51am On Aug 13, 2015
temizeee:
THANKS TO KIEKIE1...I SENT HIM HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO HIM(close to a million naira) WITHOUT EVEN MEETING HIM IN PERSON BEFORE...HE DELIVERED SO PROMPTLY IN LESS THAN 36HRS.. i RECOMMEND HIM TO ANY INVERTER USERS WHO NEED SOLAR_INVERTER GOODS HE IS 100% TRUSTED AND GUARANTEED TO DELIVER WHAT YOU ORDER.
ALSO THANKS GOES TO UNCLE DURODEE. HE STOOD BY ME THROUGHOUT(don't know we are very close to each other here in ogbomoso_OYO state) GOD BLESS YOU.

I've bought over a million naira worth of goods wothout meeting Frank (Kiekie1). Only recently did I meet him. Regarding the shipping of goods after payment, he's pretty dependable. Keep up the good work Frank and let your clients always have glowing testimonies - don't ever let us down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2015
Saipro:

I've bought over a million naira worth of goods wothout meeting Frank (Kiekie1). Only recently did I meet him. Regarding the shipping of goods after payment, he's pretty dependable. Keep up the good work Frank and let your clients always have glowing testimonies - don't ever let us down.
same here, I have bought goods worth millions severally from him. including friends and family as well.
frank kie kie....I used to call him "the aggressive marketer". He remains aggressive till your goods are delivered and confirmed by u.
Keep it up bro.
we're proud of u.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin Aggressive marketer indeed!! Kiekie as always the waybill man!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 3:43am On Aug 18, 2015
Chief George please how are your Zenith batteries doing? Would u still buy them if you had achoice 2 change batteries out?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
pls i need inverter can power up to 150watts off load for 12hrs with one battery. with
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
temizeee:

Thanks for your patronage Sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
Saipro:

Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
abunafiu:

same here, I have bought goods worth millions severally from him. including friends and family as well.
frank kie kie....I used to call him "the aggressive marketer". He remains aggressive till your goods are delivered and confirmed by u.
Keep it up bro.
we're proud of u.

Thanks for the warm compliment . God bless you Sir!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
durodee:
grin grin grin grin Aggressive marketer indeed!! Kiekie as always the waybill man!!

My Oga, am 100% loyal Sir!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
emyfine08:
pls i need inverter can power up to 150watts off load for 12hrs with one battery. with

Hmmmn, I wld have prescribed a 500w modified sinewave power inverter for just 7k bt u will definitely have charging issues tho. If money aint really much prob here, i have a brandnew mercury 1kva 12v power inverter @ 25k. It charges well and has LCD display. Same with a brandnew 100a Chinese battery @ only 23k. You can call my number for supplies. Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
apart from charging system can it du d job well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
emyfine08:
apart from charging system can it du d job well

I was quite vivid & lucid in my last reply. Simply call my number boldly written on my profile for further enquiries and purchase ... Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2015

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

MERCURY tubular/flooded deep cycle batteries 12v 220a "comes with electrolyte level indicator covers and 1 yr & half warranty".......... @58k

Outback FM 80 MPPT CC.... (A month used with carton and accessories) .......@ 145k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
you number pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1703) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.