Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2143076 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) ... (1743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CreepyBlackpool: 11:12pm On May 20
Dam5reey:

Chai, you initially plan to use a 600w load on Tasha.
~3 hours to 4 hours, you can use up to 90% DOD on LFP.

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 12:33am On May 21
Hopefully it doesn't arise again...
I'm glad you got your pack back. Those fuel money on gen no go be here....

Amador1:

FINAL UPDATE
At long last, I got my battery back yesterday evening. The bms had to be changed and now the battery is currently working as it should. I just hope the issue doesn’t arise again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:20am On May 21
isangjohnson:

It's always good and advisable to have a moderate profile which keep Lfp within the working voltage ranges without stressing any cells.
Discharging below the knees of 3.0v for each cell is not really advisable.

Thanks for this.

In other word, Don't discharge less than 48v(which is around 9-10% Remaining), and don't exceed 58.4v when it's still charging, lastly don't Exceed 54.4v(100% Charged) when the battery is Resting (Not Charging).

Above is for 48v Battery Pack.

To get similar range for 24v(Divide above values by 2), while for 12v(Divide by 4).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:24am On May 21
Hello guys!!

So l I have access to funding for solar installations.!!!

This means as an installer, you have a client that is ready to install but can't raise the full amount at a go, or you as a user you can't raise the full amount at once but won't mind an installation that you pay small small over a period of 12 to 24 months.

Well, you are in luck. Send me a DM on Whatsapp let's talk.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oluwapoju(m): 8:40am On May 21
Good morning all

Does anyone know if genus 4.2kv/48v is compatible with lithium battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:50am On May 21
isangjohnson:

It's always good and advisable to have a moderate profile which keep Lfp within the working voltage ranges without stressing any cells.
Discharging below the knees of 3.0v for each cell is not really advisable.

Why is it, not advisable, Una self?
A company produce Cells and simulated them, charge and discharge @0.5C from 3.65V to 2.5V and the cell came out with 3000+ Cycle and dropped to 80% capacity.
The reason una dey conservative is that most of you guys are doing packs with grade B cells that are poorly balanced and matched.
3.5V to 3.1V is 90%+ DOD. you are at ~15% when cells hits 3.2V norminal

Just to be clearer.
Whether you use your pack or not will be degrading with calendar aging.
If you like using only 10AH every day from your 100AH pack, I use mine to 95AH.

at the end of 1000 days, you have used 10,000AH. while I have 95,000AH.. which is equivalent to 1000 cycles.

even if I have less capacity left I have used a lot of capacity from the batteries. So its your choice whether to use less or more.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:55am On May 21
gadgetplanetng:
Can you pls whatsapp?
I lost the email for this account.
Just reply here with the last 2 digits of your number so I know it's you
i just sent a msg on whatsapp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 8:59am On May 21
My inverter stopped receiving pv input since yesterday. No input or fault error. I put the inverter off and disconnect it from all input sources(battery and pv), yet problem persist. Discovered the pv breaker is burnt this morning(I don't know yet if that's the cause of the problem). Can anybody recommend any good dc breaker both on the battery and pv side. Thank you

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:04am On May 21
Dam5reey:

Why is it, not advisable, Una self?
A company produce Cells and simulated them, charge and discharge @0.5C from 3.65V to 2.5V and the cell came out with 3000+ Cycle and dropped to 80% capacity.
The reason una dey conservative is that most of you guys are doing packs with grade B cells that are poorly balanced and matched.
3.5V to 3.1V is 90%+ DOD. you are at ~15% when cells hits 3.2V norminal

A company produce cells and simulated them, charge and discharge @ 0.5C from 3.65v to 2.5v without data to backup your claim.
At what temperature was it charged and discharged @ 0.5C?
Drop your manufacturer test report and let's asses your grade A cells.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 9:55am On May 21
Abeg, is 10mm wire good enough to connect say 4pieces of 200ah batteries in series for 48v??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:00am On May 21
Peterlove11:
My inverter stopped receiving pv input since yesterday. No input or fault error. I put the inverter off and disconnect it from all input sources(battery and pv), yet problem persist. Discovered the pv breaker is burnt this morning(I don't know yet if that's the cause of the problem). Can anybody recommend any good dc breaker both on the battery and pv side. Thank you

You bought a fake Schneider, that place with Schneider name is removable. Try moving it sideways and it'll come out grin. I talked about the fake breaker here.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1346#120371763

I'll advice you look for Chint product to buy. It's around 7k to 16k depends on where you source from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:04am On May 21
kristien4:
Abeg, is 10mm wire good enough to connect say 4pieces of 200ah batteries in series for 48v??

Get at least a 16mm cable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:16am On May 21
isangjohnson:

A company produce cells and simulated them, charge and discharge @ 0.5C from 3.65v to 2.5v without data to backup your claim.
At what temperature was it charged and discharged @ 0.5C?
Drop your manufacturer test report and let's asses your grade A cells.

A cell Discharged at 0.5C will have a certain internal temperature due to a chemical reaction at that discharge rate.

well, that was my cells, and I use from 3.5V to 3.1V which gives me over 90%+ DOD. I don't need to post any reference, I have had my cells in good condition for over 3 years and counting, not the regular Grade B cells you guys touts around and use to make general statements!

and if you read the information on the picture you shared, you will see that 3.00v to 3.4V is where 100% capacity is, same you say don't discharge below 3.00 that is use 100% of the capacity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:18am On May 21
mctfopt:

Get at least a 16mm cable.
okay.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saxwizard(m): 10:44am On May 21
This inverter was plugged into AC power without the battery.

Now, it doesn't come up when the battery is connected. Although it lights up the LCD screen, it does not display the battery percentage or other similar information.

Although they will be taking it to the service centre, but I would like to know what could be damaged inside the inverter so I can advise the person accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WILUG: 10:58am On May 21
Looking to get lightly used felicity lithium batteries. 10 or 15kwh. Anyone available?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 11:09am On May 21
Good day all,
Please can i connect hybrid inverter of 4,000 watts max pv to total number of 4050 watt pv array. i have 405watt*10pcs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 12:26pm On May 21
abbeymighty:
Good day all,
Please can i connect hybrid inverter of 4,000 watts max pv to total number of 4050 watt pv array. i have 405watt*10pcs

Sure, it's fine. Just ensure to not exceed the VOC and Current ratings, due to weather conditions here, you wont get 405w unless for some underrated panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 12:28pm On May 21
WILUG:
Looking to get lightly used felicity lithium batteries. 10 or 15kwh. Anyone available?

Used packs go hard oo, Lithium hardly dies unless you see someone upgrading, even at that they can simply parallel with old one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 12:49pm On May 21
Zinox ipower tubular battery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 12:52pm On May 21
Except say na from Japa crew, e no go easy to find one like that. But Incase I see by chance, I go let you know...

WILUG:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 12:58pm On May 21
mctfopt:

You bought a fake Schneider, that place with Schneider name is removable. Try moving it sideways and it'll come out grin. I talked about the fake breaker here.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1346#120371763

I'll advice you look for Chint product to buy. It's around 7k to 16k depends on where you source from.
Chint only has AC components, not seen a dc part in my short RE journey. Dcs are basically hager, Schneider, tomzn I know abt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 1:19pm On May 21
2024 Huawei Avatr 11 spotted.... 2 units heading to abuja...maybe we will be like norway... Country with so much refinery products to export... But uses minimal itself.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7FZTpXCQ4l/?igsh=MTNlNWVsdDZ2Zm9tdg==

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 1:40pm On May 21
kristien4:
You can use it.
Just double it. You will get Around 16mm roughly

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 1:43pm On May 21
Amazing.. I'm yet to see Xiaomi EV model cars in 9ja.
Before the end of May, these 2 cars go don dey new owners house...

swagifted:
2024 Huawei Avatr 11 spotted.... 2 units heading to abuja...maybe we will be like norway... Country with so much refinery products to export... But uses minimal itself.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:55pm On May 21
abbeymighty:
Good day all,

You'll never get the complete 4050w anyway. Would be lucky to even get 3700w.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:58pm On May 21
swagifted:

Wonder who's supposed to handle maintenance of these cars.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:11pm On May 21
Drgreatone:

Chint only has AC components, not seen a dc part in my short RE journey. Dcs are basically hager, Schneider, tomzn I know abt.

Chint has DC. See attached picture for the Chint. See the fake Schneider

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:15pm On May 21
Dam5reey:

A cell Discharged at 0.5C will have a certain internal temperature due to a chemical reaction at that discharge rate.

well, that was my cells, and I use from 3.5V to 3.1V which gives me over 90%+ DOD. I don't need to post any reference, I have had my cells in good condition for over 3 years and counting, not the regular Grade B cells you guys touts around and use to make general statements!

and if you read the information on the picture you shared, you will see that 3.00v to 3.4V is where 100% capacity is, same you say don't discharge below 3.00 that is use 100% of the capacity.
Please, go back and check my post again. I didn't say we can't charge lifepo4 battery or discharge above the working voltage ranges. Whatever charging and discharging method you adopt is good for you.
On the issue of grade A and B cells, it's very wrong to look down on other people's choice. I've always being in the frontline here condemning the activities of labelling grade B cells as A or telling people we sell grade A cells when it's not. This is a faceless forum, coming here to boast about having grade A cells while others are having B is very wrong.
Drop you manufacturer test report and I will drop mine.
There is a link where we can contact EVE on Alibaba. There is also an email where we can reach out to EVE for verification.
If I see it and verify to be true, then I'll believe otherwise you're lying.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 2:24pm On May 21
isangjohnson:

Please, go back and check my post again. I didn't say we can't charge lifepo4 battery or discharge above the working voltage ranges. Whatever charging and discharging method you adopt is good for you.
On the issue of grade A and B cells, it's very wrong to look down on other people's choice. I've always being in the frontline here condemning the activities of labelling grade B cells as A or telling people we sell grade A cells when it's not. This is a faceless forum, coming here to boast about having grade A cells while others are having B is very wrong.
Drop you manufacturer test report and I will drop mine.
There is a link where we can contact EVE on Alibaba. There is also an email where we can reach out to EVE for verification.
If I see it and verify to be true, then I'll believe otherwise you're lying.
you get energy! grin
90% DOD is above 3.0V, you came and complicate matter!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:47pm On May 21
Dam5reey:

you get energy! grin
90% DOD is above 3.0V, you came and complicate matter!
Boss, no be energy matter be this. 90% is above 3.0v. This is a simple observation and not to look down on others. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 2:53pm On May 21
HeavenlyBang:

Wonder who's supposed to handle maintenance of these cars.
before obasanjo granted GSM licenses how many boys sabi repair cell phones? Now if you go banex abuja or computer village for ikeja i am sure there are several skilled persons for that..... I keep saying it, every year Nigeria graduates thousands of students who have studied Mechatronics... What are they doing? This is a new market for them to exploit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) ... (1743) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ndizzle(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.