Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,983 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2146972 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) ... (1744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 2:57pm On May 21
Hybrid600:

Amazing.. I'm yet to see Xiaomi EV model cars in 9ja.
Before the end of May, these 2 cars go don dey new owners house...

that xiaomi, e de get some bad PR at the moment, people are posting videos of the car misbehaving. For now it seems BYD, Xpeng, NIO and the rest are kinging. Xiaomi already have millions of customers to market the car to, whenever they get the engineering well it will still be a sell out.... I have two xiaomi phones, xiaomi smart watch... Two Xiaomi smart TV boxes... Am rooting for them too.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 2:58pm On May 21
isangjohnson:

Boss, no be energy matter be this. Others are here to learn from us. Lol

These are typical Cell characteristics based on what you posted on that screenshot.
A standard 100Ah Cell has about 107AH capacity from 2.5V to 3.65V.
Rated capacity is from 3.00V to 3.400V so you have 100AH usable from this range.
I maintained this you can use up to 90% (90AH) of the capacity which means you are cycling within 3.40 V down to about 3.1V range.
Now is this advisable or not?

What some people have are 90AH being sold as 100AH, because it is close to 100Ah from 2.5V to 3.65V
Hence they cant recommend someone doing 90% from the batteries because it will mean they will discharge below 3.0V
Hope readers learnt something, I didn't mean any harm I just recall you build packs grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:24pm On May 21
Dam5reey:

These are typical Cell characteristics based on what you posted on that screenshot.
A standard 100Ah Cell has about 107AH capacity from 2.5V to 3.65V.
Rated capacity is from 3.00V to 3.400V so you have 100AH usable from this range.
I maintained this you can use up to 90% (90AH) of the capacity which means you are cycling within 3.40 V down to about 3.1V range.
Now is this advisable or not?

What some people have are 90AH being sold as 100AH, because it is close to 100Ah from 2.5V to 3.65V
Hence they cant recommend someone doing 90% from the batteries because it will mean they will discharge below 3.0V
Hope readers learnt something, I didn't mean any harm I just recall you build packs grin
Your advice is very well in order, Boss.
I'm always loyal grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 4:55pm On May 21
Obnoxious2001:

You can use it.
Just double it. You will get Around 16mm roughly
okay. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:17pm On May 21
mctfopt:

You bought a fake Schneider, that place with Schneider name is removable. Try moving it sideways and it'll come out grin. I talked about the fake breaker here.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1346#120371763

I'll advice you look for Chint product to buy. It's around 7k to 16k depends on where you source from.

Thanks......any installer in Abeokuta
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Amador1: 5:32pm On May 21
Hybrid600:
Hopefully it doesn't arise again...
I'm glad you got your pack back. Those fuel money on gen no go be here....

Infact no be here oooo especially from black market because of the fuel scarcity but I’m just glad my inverter is finally up and running again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 5:52pm On May 21
That sweet feeling! 😁

Amador1:

Infact no be here oooo especially from black market because of the fuel scarcity but I’m just glad my inverter is finally up and running again

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 6:43pm On May 21
Peterlove11:

Thanks......any installer in Abeokuta
Present sir. Whatsapp zero703571two38eight
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 6:49pm On May 21
mctfopt:

Chint has DC. See attached picture for the Chint. See the fake Schneider

Thanks. Seeing is believing oo. Na person tell me say na only AC breakers dem dey produce.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saxwizard(m): 7:48pm On May 21
saxwizard:
This inverter was plugged into AC power without the battery.

Now, it doesn't come up when the battery is connected. Although it lights up the LCD screen, it does not display the battery percentage or other similar information.

Although they will be taking it to the service centre, but I would like to know what could be damaged inside the inverter so I can advise the person accordingly.

My Oga’s kindly advise
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 8:11pm On May 21
Thanks!

Penuelseun:
it is necessary so as to ensure equal current draw from both batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:52pm On May 21
I know many will not agree, but it's safer to buy fairly used breakers if you can't ascertain the quality/source of your breaker.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 9:26pm On May 21
I went to kougar today to fix a bad video doorbell and saw this....

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 9:47pm On May 21
Good day all,pls my ogas should help me to size this load,it will be use daily from 9am to 5pm,no night use

1) led tv 32inches

2) orbit fan

1) ceiling fan (shot blade)

1) inverter ac 1hp

10) led bulbs (big ones 25w

I need a size of inverter, battery, solar panel and charge controller

🙏
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:03pm On May 21
obinna37:
Good day all,pls my ogas should help me to size this load,it will be use daily from 9am to 5pm,no night use

1) led tv 32inches

2) orbit fan

1) ceiling fan (shot blade)

1) inverter ac 1hp

10) led bulbs (big ones 25w

I need a size of inverter, battery, solar panel and charge controller

🙏

24v 4.2kw hybrid inverter
5kwh or 7kwh lifepo4 lithium battery
6pcs of 550w panels

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:13pm On May 21
TechGeek777:

Thanks for this.

In other word, Don't discharge less than 48v(which is around 9-10% Remaining), and don't exceed 58.4v when it's still charging, lastly don't Exceed 54.4v(100% Charged) when the battery is Resting (Not Charging).

Above is for 48v Battery Pack.

To get similar range for 24v(Divide above values by 2), while for 12v(Divide by 4).

Thanks for sharing
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:43pm On May 21
Valto:

24v 4.2kw hybrid inverter
5kwh or 7kwh lifepo4 lithium battery
6pcs of 550w panels
thank you my oga
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WILUG: 12:21am On May 22
Thanks bruv

Hybrid600:
Except say na from Japa crew, e no go easy to find one like that. But Incase I see by chance, I go let you know...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 5:42am On May 22
swagifted:

Been there before, I even bought some jinko panels from a couple of times. They a major distributor for jinko products. Jinko inverter, jinko battery, jinko panels etc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:57am On May 22
swagifted:

Jinko partners with Deye for ESS Products Extensions, They don't manufacture ESS Products at least not yet, they rebrand them.

I worked with Kougar during Covid19 to install Cisco Telepresence Systems around Abuja. Great guys.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 7:10am On May 22
Oh bobs!

swagifted:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:15am On May 22
Deye have really got a lot of partners worldwide
jonescosmos:

Jinko partners with Deye for ESS Products Extensions, They don't manufacture ESS Products at least not yet, they rebrand them.

I worked with Kougar during Covid19 to install Cisco Telepresence Systems around Abuja. Great guys.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:21am On May 22
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for sharing

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:36am On May 22
swagifted:

Money talking. Dang!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:46am On May 22
mctfopt:

Money talking. Dang!
the four battery encasing is so sexy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:58am On May 22
saxwizard:

My Oga’s kindly advise

So many things could have gone wrong. The battery provides a reference voltage for the inverter to start working and every other things flows from there. Na fry you fry am so, except it has some exceptional protection o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 9:23am On May 22
mctfopt:

Here's wishing you good luck. It should work, especially when the replacement is from them too.

So I checked on them Monday and explained my situation. But it isn't all good news jàre. Cos of the relationship we've had for a while, they know that my appliances are on solar, so if I complain of a faulty item, they know that it's most likely a factory defect and not due to misuse or NEPA surge. They've replaced for me before FOC a 32 inch TV on warranty within 2 years.

On the AC, they said they can't take it back cos it's been installed already. But they promised to help me get a buyer in no distant time. They said something however that caught my attention. That their AC sales (demands by customers) are mostly Hisense and that before they get to sell one unit LG, they've already cleared like 10 units Hisense ACs.

zeestone99:

It's sad that he got the wrong type of air conditioning unit. I too did not know LG makes different inverter ACs and energy saving is optional in some model.
I have a 1.5hp LG inverter ac that consumes about 400w plus after a while especially at night, I have seen it do 395w thereabout at some point. During the day it ramps up about 900w plus then drops to around 550w plus to 600w thereabout.

OMG! 1.5hp, and it's doing 900w peak. And that my own ńa just 1hp and even though the room is well cooled, I go dey hot for inside as I see am dey chop 1000w from my much coveted battery storage. Aswear, I don seriously miss road on top this one.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 9:38am On May 22
icjunior:

But I'm seeing the horizontal light on the AC body signifying that the "gen mode" is ON...So in your case,while the light came on,it didn't actually work?

Cos that's exactly what I had on mine yesterday, immediately I pressed the gen mode on the remote,that horizontal light came on and my inverter was able to carry it well, although the cooling wasn't as chilly...

How many hp is your unit?😁

It's one 1HP. I didn't know the Gen mode indicator comes up anywhere. The manual explicity states that no LCD info on the remote indicates if the Gen mode is on and that some models also may not have it displayed on the indoor unit. I think I'll check again to verify what u said.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 9:41am On May 22
Dam5reey1:

If you use the smart inverter AC 1.5HP.

Try this Hack if it works for you.

Use the Timer function to activate the power saver mode..
It will reduce the power to less than 600w

Set like 20 degrees and use 4 to 7 hours.
Timer is at the bottom.

Okay. I'll try this out. Although it is 1hp sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:42am On May 22
Xanderone:

They said something however that caught my attention. That their AC sales (demands by customers) are mostly Hisense and that before they get to sell one unit LG, they've already cleared like 10 units Hisense ACs.

Makes sense since Hisense is considerably cheaper. I bought a 1.5 HP Hisense inverter AC for 340k when LG 1 HP was like 385k

Also, Hisense ACs actually perform really well. LG reputation has taken a hit over the last year as well.

Las las Panasonic na baba.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xtein: 9:58am On May 22
Good morning o, I’m new to solar systems and would like to build my first one. Gotten some advice from a friend but I’ve been stuck deciding which brand of tubular batteries or solar panels to get as I was told some can be unreliable. Some brands I’ve been shown include super speed and campeon.

Please kindly suggest which brands for batteries and panels are recommended and which I should avoid. If you have an idea of the prices, that will be appreciated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 10:01am On May 22
Amador1:

FINAL UPDATE
At long last, I got my battery back yesterday evening. The bms had to be changed and now the battery is currently working as it should. I just hope the issue doesn’t arise again.

Good. Congrats. Perhaps it's BMS that's the issue with the one I also got from him. I'd just find time to open it up and just address it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) ... (1744) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: go4success(f), jrupa(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.