Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,470 members, 7,864,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2153635 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) ... (1747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 6:20pm On May 22
mahkanjuh:
Good day fam, please on budget, which maker of 60amps Mppt charge controller is recommended? Kindly give advice sirs

Powmr MPPT 60A controller available at 102k plus free battery voltage indicator

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1701#129886503
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:26pm On May 22
alosbaba007:

Maximizing Growatt inverter, putting as much as possible panels on it.

Ok. Panels just arrived today. Growatt is on the way. Shipped from the US. WHEN it arrives I'll update.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:28pm On May 22
mctfopt:

Ok. Panels just arrived today. Growatt is on the way. Shipped from the US. WHEN it arrives I'll update.

Growatt was made in China, sent to the US then you bought from the US instead of China that is closer!
What's the catch?

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:38pm On May 22
Dam5reey:

Growatt was made in China, sent to the US then you bought from the US instead of China that is closer!
What's the catch?

Tax break. Green energy tax break. Lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:44pm On May 22
Xanderone:

So I checked on them Monday and explained my situation. But it isn't all good news jΓ re. Cos of the relationship we've had for a while, they know that my appliances are on solar, so if I complain of a faulty item, they know that it's most likely a factory defect and not due to misuse or NEPA surge. They've replaced for me before FOC a 32 inch TV on warranty within 2 years.

On the AC, they said they can't take it back cos it's been installed already. But they promised to help me get a buyer in no distant time. They said something however that caught my attention. That their AC sales (demands by customers) are mostly Hisense and that before they get to sell one unit LG, they've already cleared like 10 units Hisense ACs.

OMG! 1.5hp, and it's doing 900w peak. And that my own Ε„a just 1hp and even though the room is well cooled, I go dey hot for inside as I see am dey chop 1000w from my much coveted battery storage. Aswear, I don seriously miss road on top this one.

Abeg no sweat again inside cold o. Enjoy your ac boss. Na big Moni u use buy am

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WILUG: 9:04pm On May 22
Thanks for your response.

How can I get started building batteries?

mctfopt:

Not recommended, but you can if you don't have a choice. Anyways when you do experiment of such nature, this may likely void the warranty on any of the product. As a DIYer, you sometimes just gotta do what you gotta do and damn what follows.

But if you'll love to do this, isn't it better to build your battery? I built my battery so I can do whatever I want.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 9:53pm On May 22
mctfopt:

Tax break. Green energy tax break. Lol
How do you order from the US?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:13pm On May 22
WILUG:
Quick question for all the gurus in the house...

I'm seriously looking at changing to lithium batteries. My challenge is the cost. I've also seen people advice that you can start small and add more later.

My questions are

1. Can multiple brands be coexist? for example, if i get a good deal on a 10kwh felicity battery today, and a deal on a 10kwh blue carbon tomorrow, can I add them?

2. can multiple power capacities coexist? say I can only afford 5kwh today, and tomorrow i'm able to buy 10 or 15kwh, can I add them together? or will I be stuck with 5kwh increments?

3. What's the maximum period between such additions? if I buy a lithium battery today, Can I add another maybe in a year or two? for tubular batteries, people usually say that it's not advisable.

Thank you.

1. YES.
There is no problem mixing different battery pack in parallel provided they have the same chemistry and voltage. LFP is LFP and gets along with its family regardless of relationship (manufacturer).
2. YES.
You can use pack with different AH ratings but there are a few things to prepare for, mostly how the EndAmps/Tail current is handled which is what takes the charger from Absorb/bulk mode to Float. If you have identical bms, it's much easier but if you mix bms, trying to match all settings and functions might be difficult.
Again, you're better off getting matched and batched grade A cells with Factory Test Reports that shows the Full Test Cycle. That way you can be certain that the cells will have an identical IR throughout the working voltage range.
3. Even after a year.

You can use

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 10:22pm On May 22
WILUG:
Quick question for all the gurus in the house...

I'm seriously looking at changing to lithium batteries. My challenge is the cost. I've also seen people advice that you can start small and add more later.

My questions are

1. Can multiple brands be coexist? for example, if i get a good deal on a 10kwh felicity battery today, and a deal on a 10kwh blue carbon tomorrow, can I add them?

2. can multiple power capacities coexist? say I can only afford 5kwh today, and tomorrow i'm able to buy 10 or 15kwh, can I add them together? or will I be stuck with 5kwh increments?

3. What's the maximum period between such additions? if I buy a lithium battery today, Can I add another maybe in a year or two? for tubular batteries, people usually say that it's not advisable.

Thank you.

I will make it simple

Answer:
Assuming all the batteries have the same voltage.

Q1: Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBT8lSC25M?si=xII_3IO19-EUzd2V

Q2: Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWYtkSFkdY?si=15c8ThOuWeOJZiHG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwqJOLzo59M?si=RE8zN-MuYXONFNLs

Q3: Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTwJDrdXAeQ?si=7WKV46VbChdHcBpn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 11:10pm On May 22
Xanderone:

I understand completely. My intention is to go with what people already have empirical evidences on, as it is tabled here for instance. So dual inverter it'll be. Or maybe even the newer dual inverter type B, as someone has mentioned here.

Oh yes, just mention to them that you want LG Dual Inverter GenCool B that's the latest.

They will know that you have done your research and you know what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:26pm On May 22
zeestone99:

It's sad that he got the wrong type of air conditioning unit. I too did not know LG makes different inverter ACs and energy saving is optional in some model.
I have a 1.5hp LG inverter ac that consumes about 400w plus after a while especially at night, I have seen it do 395w thereabout at some point. During the day it ramps up about 900w plus then drops to around 550w plus to 600w thereabout.

400w? Wow! What's the name, please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by de3lar(m): 11:51pm On May 22
Drgreatone:

Update: So ended up getting a 2kva hybrid inverter early this year cos i needed my freezer powered which those ffl my story wud know. Still kept this inverter as back up and yesterday mistakenly put on the freezer on it and it powered it after a single beep. Turns out it was the fmr battery that cudnt carry my freezer. Now I av 2 inverters capable of carrying my freezer. Tempted to sell it but wit the way price of things are, its a good back up for my system.

Which brand is the 12v hybrid inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 3:45am On May 23
So I don't wanna make another terrible error, this time with a central stabilizer. I may need to get one anytime as I was able to secure a prepaid meter that has for a while been installed but not used cos it had some error codes which made me unable to load a key change code and credit. The issue has been resolved. So I discovered the voltage supply is a terrible regular 160v and seldom 180v.

I did some searches and saw Prag, A&E dunamis models (10kva) and another funny name like this (Jor-El) 😁 as in Karl Kent name.

Anyways experienced users should kindly provide some info.

β€’ Which models are tested and trusted? Few days ago, I pulled out about 4 units from storage that I last used about 6 years ago and realised they can't seem to handle the 160v input.

β€’ How durable are these things? I read one of the reviews on Konga where a buyer cursed that the Jor-El he bought didn't last more than 6 months and it stopped working.

β€’ How good are they in protecting appliances? My appliances have been safest on solar for many years now but foraging back into NEPA means I may be courting damage to these appliances from overvoltages, undervoltages and fluctuations.

β€’ Any other questions that I may have missed but that experienced users know will also be welcome.

Thanks as always.

NB: I assume 10kva may suffice for loads which I anticipate may max to around 4kva with future upgrades/addition of appliances.

I also do not intend to hook my inverter AC charging unit to anything NEPA under any conditions whatsoever. It should continue to use the solar charging abeg, to avoid stories that touch.

I've however thought about installing an automatic rapid changeover switch to handle the change from inverter to NEPA whenever the latter gets the seizure brain waves to provide supply.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:02am On May 23
kristien4:
How do you order from the US?

Have friends in the US is the best option. Or use third party shipper like https://heroshe.com/

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:13am On May 23
Xanderone:
So I don't wanna make another terrible error, this time with a central stabilizer. I may need to get one anytime as I was able to secure a prepaid meter that has for a while been installed but not used cos it had some error codes which made me unable to load a key change code and credit. The issue has been resolved. So I discovered the voltage supply is a terrible regular 160v and seldom 180v.

Stavol by Matsunaga is a better make. Go to JiJidotng and search for Stavol AVR or Matsunaga. They do make awesome servo AVR

I saw a Bluegate 20kva there too, that stabilizer can boost 130v to 220v.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primeelectronix: 6:18am On May 23
solar
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primeelectronix: 6:27am On May 23
AUTHORIZED DEALER ON JINKO SOLAR PANEL,GROWATTS INVERTER AND PYLONTECH LITHIUM ION BATTERIES

AVAILABLE ITEMS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

380WATTS FIRMAN SOLAR PANELS

475WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS
550WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS...LOW STOCK
555WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS
580WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS
625WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS...

GROWATTS INVERTERS
SPF 3000TL HVM 48
SPF 5000TL HVM P
SPF 3500ES
SPF 5000ES
SPH 3600TL BL UP
SPH 5000TL BL UP
SPH 8000TL3 BH UP
SPH 10000TL3 BHUP

PYLONTECH LITHIUM ION BATTERIES

US2000C 2.4KWH
US3000C 3.5KWH
UP5000 4.8KWH
UF5000 5.12KWH
HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL BRACKET FOR ALL MODELS OF BATTERIES
EXTERNAL CABLE KIT FOR USC(CONNECT BATTERY TO INVERTER ALSO AVAILABLE)

ALL ITEMS ARE VERY MUCH AVAILABLE AND WILL BE DELIVERED WITH EASE..

NO NEED TO RUN TO ARENA OR ALABA ANYMORE...
WE ARE HERE TO SERVE YOU SO WELL...
WE DELIVER STRAIGHT TO YOUR SITE AT A VERY FRIENDLY COST.
PRICES ARE FRIENDLY

CONTACT NUMBER...09074488146 OR SEND WHATSAPP MESSAGE WITH THE SAME NUMBER...
WE CAN DELIVER ANYWHERE...LAGOS,OYO,OGUN,BENIN,ASABA,ABUJA,IBADAN,PH,IMO ETC
WE ARE VERY ACTIVE.... TO ALL THE SOLAR ENGINEERS,KINDLY BRING DEALS AND A WARMFUL DISCOUNT AWAITS YOU.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 7:13am On May 23
The repairer has fixed the Felicity controller and he gave me 1kva inverter to be using first pending when he finished fixing my inverter, I have installed everything myself but I noticed this on my battery, the acid level on my battery gauge has gone down just for this few days I didn't charge the battery, I want to know if I can top up with distilled water at this level
osayuwamwen:
Lighting killed my inverter and Felicity controller last night, am so pained

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:15am On May 23
osayuwamwen:
The repairer has fixed the Felicity controller and he gave me 1kva inverter to be using first pending when he finished fixing my inverter, I have installed everything myself but I noticed this on my battery, the acid level on my battery gauge has gone down just for this few days I didn't charge the battery, I want to know if I can top up with distilled water at this level
Charge the battery fully first before topping it with distilled water
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 7:18am On May 23
Penuelseun:
Charge the battery fully first before topping it with distilled water

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 7:21am On May 23
I will share with you my personal experience with these servo stabs.

THEY WORK AT THE BEGINING BUT WILL GRADUALLY FAIL.

Yes, they will fail because the movable parts on that huge toroidal coil will interact with the dusts that are settling on the spindle and coil. After a while, the dust might create a short circuit on the surface of the coil and then the stab will start dropping breaker or fuse due to the explosions from the short-circuit.
I have had this issue with more than four different brands, same issue ooo. Service center guys will try to file off the affected surface and it will work well only for the fault to return after a while.
I eventually stopped taking stuff to the service centers and started opening them up first damn the warrantee, see what went wrong and decide if I should go through the hassle of lifting heavy stabs to service center every now and then.
So during my quest, I discovered that DUST IS THE WORSE ENEMY OF A SERVO STAB.

Then I switched to a relay version and I have been using it for more than 5 years and counting without a single issue.

My Advice: If you must do a servo stab, make sure it's dust proof.

Xanderone:

I did some searches and saw Prag, A&E dunamis models (10kva) and another funny name like this (Jor-El) 😁 as in Karl Kent name.

Anyways experienced users should kindly provide some info.

β€’ Which models are tested and trusted? Few days ago, I pulled out about 4 units from storage that I last used about 6 years ago and realised they can't seem to handle the 160v input.

β€’ How durable are these things? I read one of the reviews on Konga where a buyer cursed that the Jor-El he bought didn't last more than 6 months and it stopped working.

β€’ How good are they in protecting appliances? My appliances have been safest on solar for many years now but foraging back into NEPA means I may be courting damage to these appliances from overvoltages, undervoltages and fluctuations.

β€’ Any other questions that I may have missed but that experienced users know will also be welcome.

Thanks as always.

NB: I assume 10kva may suffice for loads which I anticipate may max to around 4kva with future upgrades/addition of appliances.

I also do not intend to hook my inverter AC charging unit to anything NEPA under any conditions whatsoever. It should continue to use the solar charging abeg, to avoid stories that touch.

I've however thought about installing an automatic rapid changeover switch to handle the change from inverter to NEPA whenever the latter gets the seizure brain waves to provide supply.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 7:25am On May 23
osayuwamwen:

There's nothing to top up here, battery liquid levels still very okay except you posted a wrong set of batteries

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:42am On May 23
[quote author=osayuwamwen post=130096147][/quote] no need to top up, just charge it fully and if possible carry out equalization charge on it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:46am On May 23
osayuwamwen:
Lolz, ur indicator is still higher than some of us own for here 😁😁😁
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:28am On May 23
jonescosmos:

Yes, they will fail because the movable parts on that huge toroidal coil will interact with the dusts that are settling on the spindle and coil. After a while, the dust might create a short circuit on the surface of the coil and then the stab will start dropping breaker or fuse due to the explosions from the short-circuit.
I have had this issue with more than four different brands, same issue ooo. Service center guys will try to file off the affected surface and it will work well only for the fault to return after a while.
I eventually stopped taking stuff to the service centers and started opening them up first damn the warrantee, see what went wrong and decide if I should go through the hassle of lifting heavy stabs to service center every now and then.

Then I switched to a relay version and I have been using it for more than 5 years and counting without a single issue.

I have been using a servo AVR for 8 years now. Yeah, dust is an issue, as long as the coil is great, you are good to go. Mine was even bought used. I don't think I'll get the regulation I get from this from a normal relay AVR as this beast can handle crazy NEPA low voltage (which I hardly use). A relay AVR will truly struggle to do what it can do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 10:22am On May 23
mctfopt:

Stavol by Matsunaga is a better make. Go to JiJidotng and search for Stavol AVR or Matsunaga. They do make awesome servo AVR

I saw a Bluegate 20kva there too, that stabilizer can boost 130v to 220v.

Thanks. Noted

Edited: The offers available on that website are all used o, both Stavos and Matsunaga.

I didn't come across a new one.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 10:45am On May 23
jonescosmos:

Thanks for the info.

Dustproofing an appliance like that may require totally shrouding it in some form of metallic or plastic case. And being a resistive appliance, it will require adequate ventilation to get rid of the heat that accompanies use. That precludes attempt to dustproof it. Also the manufacturers probably are aware of that achilles heel of their servo stabs but are probably not worried cos the dust issue is only a problem in dusty subsaharan environment which constitutes a small part of their customer base.

So that brings us to the relay version as the available type. Are there any downsides of the relay version compared to servo types?

I don't think I have seen relay types with 10kva capacity or more. From your experience which relay type stabilisers would you recommend?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:20am On May 23
Xanderone:

Thanks. Noted

Edited: The offers available on that website are all used o, both Stavos and Matsunaga.

I didn't come across a new one.

New ones are available. Stavol is produced by Matsunaga.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 11:32am On May 23
Tesla Power pack... Maybe like 200 to 400Kwh worth of battery. Ministry of works, housing and power abuja

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 11:45am On May 23
How much would it cost to get a Lithium Ion or LifePO4 jumpstart package?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:21pm On May 23
FEGEITOK:
How much would it cost to get a Lithium Ion or LifePO4 jumpstart package?

@Valto
@Isangjohnson
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 2:01pm On May 23
mctfopt:

New ones are available. Stavol is produced by Matsunaga.

Okay. I'll search further. Thanks.

Edited: I've spotted some. And they're even way cheaper than the A&E and Prag offerings. Great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) ... (1747) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: emmaniche, Queed, desiji, dellabella(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.