Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,118 members, 7,863,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2151820 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) ... (1746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:01am On May 22
Valto:

24v 4.2kw hybrid inverter
5kwh or 7kwh lifepo4 lithium battery
6pcs of 550w panels
can 3.5kw hybrid inverter handle the loads also
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 10:14am On May 22
Dam5reey:

Used packs go hard oo, Lithium hardly dies unless you see someone upgrading, even at that they can simply parallel with old one.

You no lie. Even that 24v that I just uploaded the picture has been lying fallow for months. I'm hoping that if I should eventually damn the consequences of voiding warranty and open it up, I'll just reconfigure it to 48v pack and slap a good BMS on it.

I'll just ask the client that I originally got it for if I can keep it since she is doing great with my own pack that I gave her as stop gap.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 10:18am On May 22
Drgreatone:

Chint only has AC components, not seen a dc part in my short RE journey. Dcs are basically hager, Schneider, tomzn I know abt.

Chint has DC breakers. If you can't trust our Alaba guys here to provide you good Chint product and time isn't really of essence, you can source for it directly yourself on a place like AliExpress. It'll get to 9ja in 10 to 15 days. And you're sure of getting value for your buck rather than being given another chint wannabe like the Shneider
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 10:31am On May 22

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:41am On May 22
Xanderone:

So I checked on them Monday and explained my situation. But it isn't all good news jàre.

On the AC, they said they can't take it back cos it's been installed already. But they promised to help me get a buyer in no distant time. They said something however that caught my attention. That their AC sales (demands by customers) are mostly Hisense and that before they get to sell one unit LG, they've already cleared like 10 units Hisense ACs.

That's a good deal if you ask me.

Could it be because Hisense is cheaper than LG and works just as well especially for those not particularly interested in energy efficiency?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:43am On May 22
obinna37:
can 3.5kw hybrid inverter handle the loads also
of course, but 24v 4.2kw and 3.5kw are the same price in the market
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:44am On May 22
Xanderone:
So sad.

Seven productive minds lost.

Sadly, not going to be the last time.

Failure of government led to that. No one will run generator if there is NEPA supply, especially at home.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:28am On May 22
Xtein:
Good morning o, I’m new to solar systems and would like to build my first one. Gotten some advice from a friend but I’ve been stuck deciding which brand of tubular batteries or solar panels to get as I was told some can be unreliable. Some brands I’ve been shown include super speed and campeon.

Please kindly suggest which brands for batteries and panels are recommended and which I should avoid. If you have an idea of the prices, that will be appreciated

Jinko panels from Fouani.

Forget tubular batteries and go with lithium.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 11:39am On May 22
please i need a 48v high pv solar charge control that is up to 260v voc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xtein: 11:40am On May 22
HeavenlyBang:

Jinko panels from Fouani.

Forget tubular batteries and go with lithium.

Price difference is huge for lithium though. Don’t know if I can afford that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 11:55am On May 22
Valto:
of course, but 24v 4.2kw and 3.5kw are the same price in the market
ok thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hero2t: 12:04pm On May 22
Xtein:

Buy the capacity you can afford now and add more units later

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 12:08pm On May 22
mctfopt:

That's a good deal if you ask me.

Could it be because Hisense is cheaper than LG and works just as well especially for those not particularly interested in energy efficiency?

From what I've read here, hisense' performance is better than LG's. But I don't think Hisense has at par energy saving options as LG has. I haven't even come across any hisense special names for AC the same way LG has (smart inverter, dual inverter) or Thernocool (Genpal)

Hisense ńa just Hisense. 😊

But it is always way cheaper than LG and thermocool which basically market their already established names. Not just their ACs but most of their appliances.

As per that deal, I hope they find buyer soon jàre. I don't like the way I'm seeing that AC everyday. It makes me mad with myself each time I see it or use it.

If una find anybody wey dey interested sha. I'm even ready to foot the logistics bills to the person.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:17pm On May 22
Xanderone:

So I checked on them Monday and explained my situation. But it isn't all good news jàre. Cos of the relationship we've had for a while, they know that my appliances are on solar, so if I complain of a faulty item, they know that it's most likely a factory defect and not due to misuse or NEPA surge. They've replaced for me before FOC a 32 inch TV on warranty within 2 years.

On the AC, they said they can't take it back cos it's been installed already. But they promised to help me get a buyer in no distant time. They said something however that caught my attention. That their AC sales (demands by customers) are mostly Hisense and that before they get to sell one unit LG, they've already cleared like 10 units Hisense ACs.

OMG! 1.5hp, and it's doing 900w peak. And that my own ńa just 1hp and even though the room is well cooled, I go dey hot for inside as I see am dey chop 1000w from my much coveted battery storage. Aswear, I don seriously miss road on top this one.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:19pm On May 22
Xanderone:

From what I've read here, hisense' performance is better than LG's. But I don't think Hisense has at par energy saving options as LG has. I haven't even come across any hisense special names for AC the same way LG has (smart inverter, dual inverter) or Thernocool (Genpal)

But it is always way cheaper than LG and thermocool which basically market their already established names. Not just their ACs but most of their appliances.

As per that deal, I hope they find buyer soon jàre. I don't like the way I'm seeing that AC everyday. It makes me mad with myself each time I see it or use it.

If una find anybody wey dey interested sha. I'm even ready to foot the logistics bills to the person.

That's true. I got a spec sheet photo of the LG Dual inverter spec

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 12:28pm On May 22
Xanderone:

Just make sure your are not disposing LG Smart Inverter AC to buy Hisense Inverter AC that would be like jumping from frying pan into fire because people can't tell the difference when it comes to Performance against Energy Efficiency, Take for example your Home Theater is powered by I pass my neighbor, you tune up the BASS, your Gen will protest, You reduce BASS and Tune Up Tweeter, Your Gen will smile, after all you will still hear the same music, so why stress the poor GEN?
Same principle applies to these Inverter ACs, Hisense Inverter AC compressors doesn't finetune their consumptions, LG Inverter AC Compressors does. So while LG Inverter AC Compressor is trying to save you some energy, it will compensate it by reducing the cooling, Chikina.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:34pm On May 22
Xtein:

I disagree with you.
Someone advertised quanta 12v 200ah battery (1,200wh 50% DOD) in this forum last week for 400k.
You can get a fully build 12v 130ah lithium battery (1,331wh 80% DOD) for 430k. This is for the Jbd or Daly smart bms.
If you decide to go for Jk bms with 1a balance current, then you will push your budget further to 450k.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:38pm On May 22
Hero2t:

Buy the capacity you can afford now and add more units later
There are new products in the markets for 12v 220ah tubular batteries @ the range of 270-300k. He can go for this if he's on tied budget.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 1:14pm On May 22
Good day fam, please on budget, which maker of 60amps Mppt charge controller is recommended? Kindly give advice sirs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 1:20pm On May 22
isangjohnson:

There are new products in the markets for 12v 220ah tubular batteries @ the range of 270-300k. He can go for this if he's on tied budget.
Zinox ipower 220ah tubular battery is 265k, if he needs it, holla at me..

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:20pm On May 22
mahkanjuh:
Good day fam, please on budget, which maker of 60amps Mppt charge controller is recommended? Kindly give advice sirs

MUST
Felicity
Powmr
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 1:37pm On May 22
so unfortunate.
mctfopt:

Sadly, not going to be the last time.

Failure of government led to that. No one will run generator if there is NEPA supply, especially at home.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WILUG: 2:00pm On May 22
Quick question for all the gurus in the house...

I'm seriously looking at changing to lithium batteries. My challenge is the cost. I've also seen people advice that you can start small and add more later.

My questions are

1. Can multiple brands be coexist? for example, if i get a good deal on a 10kwh felicity battery today, and a deal on a 10kwh blue carbon tomorrow, can I add them?

2. can multiple power capacities coexist? say I can only afford 5kwh today, and tomorrow i'm able to buy 10 or 15kwh, can I add them together? or will I be stuck with 5kwh increments?

3. What's the maximum period between such additions? if I buy a lithium battery today, Can I add another maybe in a year or two? for tubular batteries, people usually say that it's not advisable.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 2:09pm On May 22
jonescosmos:

Just make sure your are not disposing LG Smart Inverter AC to buy Hisense Inverter AC that would be like jumping from frying pan into fire because people can't tell the difference when it comes to Performance against Energy Efficiency, Take for example your Home Theater is powered by I pass my neighbor, you tune up the BASS, your Gen will protest, You reduce BASS and Tune Up Tweeter, Your Gen will smile, after all you will still hear the same music, so why stress the poor GEN?
Same principle applies to these Inverter ACs, Hisense Inverter AC compressors doesn't finetune their consumptions, LG Inverter AC Compressors does. So while LG Inverter AC Compressor is trying to save you some energy, it will compensate it by reducing the cooling, Chikina.

I understand completely. My intention is to go with what people already have empirical evidences on, as it is tabled here for instance. So dual inverter it'll be. Or maybe even the newer dual inverter type B, as someone has mentioned here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 3:17pm On May 22
mctfopt:

That's true. I got a spec sheet photo of the LG Dual inverter spec

My oga, hw far with your experiment sir.

Got a mail from Gennex today say dem don restock Canadian and Jinko panels, i say make i go check out the price and specs.

Attached is the snapshot of the datasheet for the 605watt. See the VoC and the Amps, hope its within range.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:52pm On May 22
alosbaba007:

My oga, hw far with your experiment sir.

Got a mail from Gennex today say dem don restock Canadian and Jinko panels, i say make i go check out the price and specs.

Attached is the snapshot of the datasheet for the 605watt. See the VoC and the Amps, hope its within range.

Remind me of the experiment you are referring to?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:56pm On May 22
WILUG:

I'm seriously looking at changing to lithium batteries. My challenge is the cost. I've also seen people advice that you can start small and add more later.

My questions are

1. Can multiple brands be coexist? for example, if i get a good deal on a 10kwh felicity battery today, and a deal on a 10kwh blue carbon tomorrow, can I add them?

2. can multiple power capacities coexist? say I can only afford 5kwh today, and tomorrow i'm able to buy 10 or 15kwh, can I add them together? or will I be stuck with 5kwh increments?

3. What's the maximum period between such additions? if I buy a lithium battery today, Can I add another maybe in a year or two? for tubular batteries, people usually say that it's not advisable.

Thank you.

Not recommended, but you can if you don't have a choice. Anyways when you do experiment of such nature, this may likely void the warranty on any of the product. As a DIYer, you sometimes just gotta do what you gotta do and damn what follows.

But if you'll love to do this, isn't it better to build your battery? I built my battery so I can do whatever I want.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 4:10pm On May 22
mctfopt:

Remind me of the experiment you are referring to?

Maximizing Growatt inverter, putting as much as possible panels on it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 4:26pm On May 22
Drgreatone:

Chint only has AC components, not seen a dc part in my short RE journey. Dcs are basically hager, Schneider, tomzn I know abt.

They do. Just got some yesterday
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 4:45pm On May 22
Why is are this jinko sticker different?
One was bought and imported from UK while other was bought from Fouani.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 5:50pm On May 22
WILUG:

My questions are

Thank you.

I can authoritatively tell you that from research, if you go for premium brands, you can always add (even a different) capacity later in the future; because even 2years is nothing, as long as you didn't abuse them i.e. overwrite their default (or recommended) usage settings. But for mixing different brands; don't try it. not recommended even for lead-acid batteries. My 2cents.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:14pm On May 22
WILUG:

My questions are

Thank you.

I will say Yes to all the questions!

With adequate knowledge of LFP and the Installer who knows what they are doing, you can use LFP of different capacities and brands.

Why Is this Possible, LFP packs have this Flat voltage Curve under load which allows them to be flexible.
you will be able to use the range of 3.1V to 3.45V, as long as the 5KWH and 10WH are in parallel, you will be fine.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) ... (1746) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: AllyPolly and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.