Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2047369 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
You can follow my daily solar harvest at http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=46221

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
chris81964:

The controller was still under warranty. You should have told us before doing the repairs, the factory would have sent a replacement fan. And we have a few from other controllers we could have sent you.
nice oga Chris. I need not to worry u. the fungpusun is good & my array is pretty small.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
kibukila:
Has anyone used this type of battery.I want to replace my battery but do not know if this brand is good.Please advise.

give it a try. great brand fails here in Nigeria due to repackaging.

anything goes here!.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2016
Renewable teammates grin

please i need your recommendation on a good brand of rechargeable fan to use of inverter. The ones i have be buying fails under 6 months probably they are fake.

One love.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2016
DMerciful:
Renewable teammates grin

please i need your recommendation on a good brand of rechargeable fan to use of inverter. The ones i have be buying fails under 6 months probably they are fake.

One love.
You should be able to replace the battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Not battery failure....fan failure(sometimes bearing become defective, switching power supply inside fails, stopped rotating...crazy)
tivta:

You should be able to replace the battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hoping to purchase batteries soon........any advice my people?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
durodee:
Hoping to purchase batteries soon........any advice my people?

Go for Ritar battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
DMerciful:
Not battery failure....fan failure(sometimes bearing become defective, switching power supply inside fails, stopped rotating...crazy)

I hope it is not lontor? Cause that is what am currently using though it is just a month old.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
No not lontor....cant remember the name. but the replacement OX fan got burnt last night. sad undecided
tivta:

I hope it is not lontor? Cause that is what am currently using though it is just a month old.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
BRIGHTSOLAR:

Go for Ritar battery
Thanks++ Any idea of cost/ 200amp 12v?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
DMerciful:
No not lontor....cant remember the name. but the replacement OX fan got burnt last night. sad undecided

Thank God its not lontor. Sorry for the loss but it might be as a result of high voltage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
durodee:

Thanks++ Any idea of cost/ 200amp 12v?

N105K each
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
dicksonadams:
Chai my solar is suffering me now... Let me explain:

I stop charging my inverter with Nepa for almost a month now and I noticed since a week ago now the battery now run down quick. I might go to work and when I get back the inverter might only last 30 nins or less.

I use just a single 200ah battery and two 80 watt connect in series and 2 130watt connect in series and both now connected in series to my fangpuson cc.

Do charger with only solar destroy a battery?

Dmerciful and other guru please have mercy on me oh embarassed

dicksonadams,

charging with solar certainly does not destroy a battery. in actual fact, it enhances
battery health and longevity if done properly and with the correct sized solar array.

when you were still charging your battery bank with public power (phcn) you didn't
notice that your array was not charging your bank properly or was undersized because
public power was available to kick in and take the slack but now that you're totally
off-grid, the weaknesses in your array sizing has been brought to fore.

my advice will be to do a proper sizing of your solar panels. it is obvious that your panels
capacity is too small to charge your battery bank properly. and also your batteries may
have already taken a hit due to successively poor charge/discharge cycles. if that is
the case, you may think of replacing your batteries either now or in the near future
and give yourself peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
GeorgeD1:

dicksonadams,

charging with solar certainly does not destroy a battery. in actual fact, it enhances
battery health and longevity if done properly and with the correct sized solar array.

when you were still charging your battery bank with public power (phcn) you didn't
notice that your array was not charging your bank properly or was undersized because
public power was available to kick in and take the slack but now that you're totally
off-grid, the weaknesses in your array sizing has been brought to fore.

my advice will be to do a proper sizing of your solar panels. it is obvious that your panels
capacity is too small to charge your battery bank properly. and also your batteries may
have already taken a hit due to successively poor charge/discharge cycles. if that is
the case, you may think of replacing your batteries either now or in the near future
and give yourself peace of mind.
for 200ah battery what would you recommend so that I can charge and use
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
dicksonadams:
for 200ah battery what would you recommend so that I can charge and use
Simple maths....
Your 12v 200ah battery ~ 2400wh.
Your panels should be able to generate 2400wh in 5hrs or less.
2400wh /5hrs is 480w (assuming a 100% efficient design)
If I were you, my starting PV array for one unit of 12v200ah battery will be 600w. With this you're sure of quality charging in few hours.

You may lplease read up previous pages. I was once a jjc, them chief George and Co inspired me.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
c0ogumo:

N105K each
Thanks chief! Noted with pleasure!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2016
Your 5hrs daily duration is quite short, here in Agbara i get 8-9hrs of sunshine daily grin grin grin
abunafiu:

Simple maths....
Your 12v 200ah battery ~ 2400wh.
Your panels should be able to generate 2400wh in 5hrs or less.
2400wh /5hrs is 480w (assuming a 100% efficient design)
If I were you, my starting PV array for one unit of 12v200ah battery will be 600w. With this you're sure of quality charging in few hours.

You may lplease read up previous pages. I was once a jjc, them chief George and Co inspired me.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 7:52am On Dec 10, 2016
DMerciful:
Your 5hrs daily duration is quite short, here in Agbara i get 8-9hrs of sunshine daily grin grin grin

5hrs duration is pretty much standard hours for estimate and design purpose. What do you think will happen days you don't get 8hrs of sun shine?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2016
DMerciful:
contact me for energy efficient ceiling fan 56', dc and ac compatible. 5w on low and 35w on high. Price 20k. Model With remote 7w on low and 40w on high price N23k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2016
dapsyra:
@DUNKA

Can you please post the charging parameters (Bulk, Absorb, Float and Equalize voltages) for your Mercury 220AH Tubular Batteries.

I will also appreciate a review of the said batteries now that you have used them for about five months.

Thank you.
Hmmm just registered on 08/12/2016 and you are already up to date grin grin grin grin

Anyway Bulk to absorb 59.2
Absorb time 2 hours
Float 54
Equalization charge 64
Equalization time 2 hours

Batteries are doing Great no regrets whatsoever. Will do a more comprehensive review when they reach 1year in service
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:22am On Dec 10, 2016
JUO:
contact me for energy efficient ceiling fan 56', dc and ac compatible. 5w on low and 35w on high. Price 20k. Model With remote 7w on low and 40w on high price N23k

What is the make of this fan?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2016
DUNKA:
Hmmm just registered on 08/12/2016 and you are already up to date grin grin grin grin

Anyway Bulk to absorb 59.2
Absorb time 2 hours
Float 54
Equalization charge 64
Equalization time 2 hours

Batteries are doing Great no regrets whatsoever. Will do a more comprehensive review when they reach 1year in service

Thank you for sharing your charging parameters. I look forward earnestly to reading your comprehensive review.

Though I just registered, I have been following this incisive thread for more than six months. I have read all 189pages.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
dapsyra:

Thank you for sharing your charging parameters. I look forward earnestly to reading your comprehensive review.

Though I just registered, I have been following this incisive thread for more than six months. I have read all 189pages.

Great you are then on the right path to freedom from PHCN. Welcome on board cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
dicksonadams:
Chai my solar is suffering me now... Let me explain:

I stop charging my inverter with Nepa for almost a month now and I noticed since a week ago now the battery now run down quick. I might go to work and when I get back the inverter might only last 30 nins or less.

I use just a single 200ah battery and two 80 watt connect in series and 2 130watt connect in series and both now connected in series to my fangpuson cc.

Do charger with only solar destroy a battery?

Dmerciful and other guru please have mercy on me oh embarassed

the bolded should be parallel, not series again, if panels r 24v pls confirm
also, ur panels are 12v panels or 24v?...methinks 12v

your total panel capacity is 420w, which is ok to charge your single battery, only problem might b cos of panel mismatch, i hope your cables are sized correctly, 19amps is ok to charge the battery, am suspecting, ur battery may be on its way to the grave, if after
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
RipVanWink:

the bolded should be parallel, not series again, if panels r 24v pls confirm
also, ur panels are 12v panels or 24v?...methinks 12v

your total panel capacity is 420w, which is ok to charge your single battery, only problem might b cos of panel mismatch, i hope your cables are sized correctly, 19amps is ok to charge the battery, am suspecting, ur battery may be on its way to the grave, if after
The panel are connected in parrellel to the mppt charge controller, I use a 6mm cable, before I get 19amps or at worst 16amp steady. Now a days Na 13amp be the max if I am lucky. Wire can be hot from cc to battery close to the cc positive
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mokrak(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hi i have a 3kva mecury inverter and 2 flooded mercury battery 225ah. I want to know the amount of panels i will need to charge it effectively and a suitable charge controller.thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
DMerciful:
Renewable teammates grin

One love.

u've been helpful to almost everyone.
my suggestion is to get dis type of fan. mine is ugly but does it's job. it 4yrs counting. the ba3 are long gone (9 months to it purchase) and it's of no load to inverter cos it's 35w with 15v DC adaptor.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ok..thanks. will check for it
efuro:

u've been helpful to almost everyone.
my suggestion is to get dis type of fan. my is ugly but does it's job. it 4yrs counting. the ba3 are long gone (9 months to it purchase) and it's of no load to inverter cos it's 35w with 15v DC adaptor.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
dapsyra:
You can follow my daily solar harvest at http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=46221

What are you monitoring with? (software) good harvest

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
grin
dapsyra:

bad market to NEPA.
up AE.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
chris81964:

What are you monitoring with? (software) good harvest

I am monitoring with the inbuilt logging software of Midnite Classic 150 Charge Controller. The data is automatically uploaded to Midnite Solar website every five minutes and graphed. Later in the night, I manually extract the data and upload to PVOutput website.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1683) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Khariza and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.