Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2045470 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (1680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
chris81964:

Why go to the pain of mounting the controller on the wall and put the inverter on Styrofoam on the batteries
Noted but client dnt wnt it on d wal for personal reasons
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
DMerciful:
I agree the setup needs to be need but urs isn't very neat either grin.'mind securing the hanging cable conduits...kids might pull it you know grin grin

I agree Mr merciful, no kids in d house but can't tel Wat happens in nine months tym grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
DMerciful:
House,

One out of two of my LiFeO4 batteries arrived today, hopefully the second arrives next week or upper week so I can do the required testing and share the review. Coming soon cheesy

Hello Boss, You never test the Battery yet, Out of curiosity I Chat with the seller and I was told you cannot charge through the + and - Terminal , It has it own dedicated charger, So I considered it as power bank though I though as much, I need your performance review to know way forward I dont mind as long as it is worth the Price, Ordering my Epever 40A with I was for 150$ inclusive shipping.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
efuro:

Personally am proud of ur achievement so far. Welcome to the world of renewable energy. Your drive will inspire others that solar is do-able , however, you need to state ur location&what app contact for u to access help from any willing to send unused PV to u.
As for ur link regarding USB charger. It is ridiculous you intended to start with such. No matter how u share it, u will soon find out it is a waste of effort. Pls look for something better. If you can afford to download up to 150 videos on renewable energy then u can afford some thing like 400w or 500w micro inverter. I saw one in abuja few weeks ago less than 10k it will serve you beyond ur venture.
Am sure u will get help from gurus soon.
Cheers!

or he just scout around companies. most dump dead UPS machine not knowing that its just the battery iss is deaad or weak. those ups are inverters in disguise. there is a thread that discusses its use in details here.
good luck

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
please if u have used but clean solar panels of either 200 or 250w hala me fast on 08033735359. call/whatsapp. i need lk 6pcs. nagode
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gennextech: 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
0ver 100kwp off grid solar powered solar filling station in lekki phase 1 , lagos state... tell the world solar works, solar is efficient,

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
Waiting for the second one to make it 24v. my inverter is 24V however i did test with my 12v and it was great though i will share the concerns in the reviews. charging through the terminals is possible as it is a direct connection to the charging port.
Dam5reey:

Hello Boss, You never test the Battery yet, Out of curiosity I Chat with the seller and I was told you cannot charge through the + and - Terminal , It has it own dedicated charger, So I considered it as power bank though I though as much, I need your performance review to know way forward I dont mind as long as it is worth the Price, Ordering my Epever 40A with I was for 150$ inclusive shipping.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
abunafiu:
17.6KWH harvest today from my set up.
RE rules.
My house is the only one with light in the street.

Cool. That's the way to go. I suspect you leave the air conditioning on for long. 17.6kWH is a lot to consume (hence the need to generate that much).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
my supplier hv batr. SEC gel agm 250amp batr. U.K batr. he is ready to deal at 120k instead of 150k for me. interested? call/whatsapp 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
idsolar:
my supplier hv batr. SEC gel agm 250amp batr. U.K batr. he is ready to deal at 120k instead of 150k for me. interested? call/whatsapp 08033735359

What is the voltage rating?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
DMerciful:
Waiting for the second one to make it 24v. my inverter is 24V however i did test with my 12v and it was great though i will share the concerns in the reviews. charging through the terminals is possible as it is a direct connection to the charging port.

Seperate charging point is d bane of these lithium ba3s. Watch ur charge source (particularly wen using generator) not to fry in-built cuircut or BMS Also watch stacking many in series in case of any 48v system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obiageIi(f): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello guys, I need a complete solar system to power about 1000watts on my farm, pls who is the most reliable or the go to guy here that can help with purchase and installation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
obiageIi:
Hello guys, I need a complete solar system to power about 1000watts on my farm, pls who is the most reliable or the go to guy here that can help with purchase and installation.

lucky you. I love quiteness of farmstead. U are welcome to fast growing Nigeria's alternative energy thread.

1. I hope u don't have trees to shade ur panels wen installed.
2. I hope u don't have armed herdsmen around ur farm who may be attracted to luxury of ur farm.

Aside that, I believe it is a great I idea to see u live big in farmstead instead of in city suffering power problems & paying bills for unconsumed power.

Back to ur question. Read about 20 pages back u will see contact of good dealers who hold their reputation high to assist u.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
efuro:

Seperate charging point is d bane of these lithium ba3s. Watch ur charge source (particularly wen using generator) not to fry in-built cuircut or BMS Also watch stacking many in series in case of any 48v system.
You are always so quick to talk against series connections in large numbers, if it is so bad why do manufacturers say it is possible to series a system from KWh to MWh? An example is the solar system provided by gennex for filling stations plus other high power usage companies. It all comes down to the charging system not the amount of series connections, prove me wrong...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
kiekie1:
Must power starlight pure sinewave LCD display inverters now in stock ! JUST OFFLOADED

3000w 24v 230,000
4000w 24/48v 320,000
5000w 24/48v 350,000
6000w 24/48 370,000
10000w 48v 980,000

Fangpuson 80a mppt 190,000

Hurry while stock lasts : O8I35O3I95I

Still in stock ... Kindly CALL !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
tivta:

You are always so quick to talk against series connections in large numbers, if it is so bad why do manufacturers say it is possible to series a system from KWh to MWh? An example is the solar system provided by gennex for filling stations plus other high power usage companies. It all comes down to the charging system not the amount of series connections, prove me wrong...

I am not against stacking ba3s in series. After all gives us upper limit of our systems. However don't throw away caution wen dealing with lithium ba3s while stacking up to a great architecture. Furthermore, I will love to have ur views regarding subject matter and guide dmeciful during his review. Am here to learn & contribute my bit to the growth of RE in Nigeria.

Agree with u on charging since the charging point is separated from its discharging
Am looking forward to Dmerciful reviews soon
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
kiekie1:
JUST OFFLOADED
Yachi / YahSun Solar P-POLY,M-MONO
80w-P-25k
100w-P-30k
140w-M-42k
150w-P-43k
150w-M-45k
200w-M-60K
260w-M-75k
310w-M-85k
Stocks fast running low,call & place your order today
WhatsApp: O8I35O3I95I
SMARTCELL GLOBAL SERVICES

Still available ... Kindly CALL !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gennextech:
0ver 100kwp off grid solar powered solar filling station in lekki phase 1 , lagos state... tell the world solar works, solar is efficient,

When they do battery overhaul.. .see plenty fairly used battery na... Chai

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
The charging port is just a duplication of the terminal as they are directly connected. you can charge via the terminals or charging port perfectly.
efuro:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
DMerciful:
The charging port is just a duplication of the terminal as they are directly connected. you can charge via the terminals or charging port perfectly.
Thanks. Awaiting more review pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
Monlo:

What is the voltage rating?

12v norm
14 - 14.4v

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obiageIi(f): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2017
efuro:

lucky you. I love quiteness of farmstead. U are welcome to fast growing Nigeria's alternative energy thread.

1. I hope u don't have trees to shade ur panels wen installed.
2. I hope u don't have armed herdsmen around ur farm who may be attracted to luxury of ur farm.

Aside that, I believe it is a great I idea to see u live big in farmstead instead of in city suffering power problems & paying bills for unconsumed power.

Back to ur question. Read about 20 pages back u will see contact of good dealers who hold their reputation high to assist u.
Cheers!
Thanks sir. Quick questions Sir

1. Mono panels are better than poly?

2. Pure sine wave inverter is better? Please any brand name or qualities I should look out for

3. Flooded batteries are the best?

4. What should I look out for in getting a charge controller, brand names?

Pls house, assist a newbie.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by boyesky(m): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2017
Do you still have Trojan Batteries for sale?
kiekie1:

Still available ... Kindly CALL !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2017
[left][/left][s][/s]
boyesky:
Do you still have Trojan Batteries for sale?

Yes, trojan 12v 200a @ 132k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
obiageIi:

2. Pure sine wave inverter is better? Please any brand name or qualities I should look out for

kindly read previous pages.
in the meantime, your questions are subjective
and relative to the depth of your pocket.

you can always start small and expand gradually

which-ever-way, I think you should consult an installer to guide/advice you appropriately before you make your decision.

As stated earlier, reading previous pages will do you good and possibly make you ambassador to free and renewable energy as we are.

welcome to the world of 24hrs electricity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Mono panels perform marginally better than poly at higher temperatures, technology is however narrowing that performance gap between poly and mono even further.

Pure sine wave is better. Since you want to use the inverter to power a farm, I imagine that many of the loads you intend to run will have electric motors. Pure sine wave is best for running such loads.

Flooded batteries are not necessarily the best. They are rugged and last longer than gel/agm batteries but require regular maintenance and also vent harmful gases when charging. It boils down to the individual user.

Look out for the maximum pv input voltage, maximum battery charging current and battery system voltage 12/24/36/48v etc.

obiageIi:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obiageIi(f): 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
dejidotun2000:
Mono panels perform marginally better than poly at higher temperatures, technology is however narrowing that performance gap between poly and mono even further.

Pure sine wave is better. Since you want to use the inverter to power a farm, I imagine that many of the loads you intend to run will have electric motors. Pure sine wave is best for running such loads.

Flooded batteries are not necessarily the best. They are rugged and last longer than gel/agm batteries but require regular maintenance and also vent harmful gases when charging. It boils down to the individual user.

Look out for the maximum pv input voltage, maximum battery charging current and battery system voltage 12/24/36/48v etc.

God bless you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obiageIi(f): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
efuro:

kindly read previous pages.
in the meantime, your questions are subjective
and relative to the depth of your pocket.

you can always start small and expand gradually

which-ever-way, I think you should consult an installer to guide/advice you appropriately before you make your decision.

As stated earlier, reading previous pages will do you good and possibly make you ambassador to free and renewable energy as we are.

welcome to the world of 24hrs electricity.
Thanks again Sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
obiageIi:

God bless you sir

Call 08117398294 for a quote n further enquiries, you can check out our previous installations on facebook.com/monzpowersolutions. #cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:17am On Mar 24, 2017
chris81964:
The dollar is now about N400 to 1. When will our suppliers adjust their prices to reflect that reality. They are all silent.
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (1680) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: TechGeek777 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.