Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2052127 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peacevilla: 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
obiageIi:

Thanks sir. Quick questions Sir

1. Mono panels are better than poly?

2. Pure sine wave inverter is better? Please any brand name or qualities I should look out for

3. Flooded batteries are the best?

4. What should I look out for in getting a charge controller, brand names?

Pls house, assist a newbie.
All these questions are subjected to your power requirement and budget. Definitely mono absorbs better than poly with a cost difference too. Pure sine is better for some equipment, also at a higher cost. Batteries, charge controllers all depends on the size of your system/pocket/maintenance and location. Just highlight your needs to installer/solar consultant and I believe you will get the right quote.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obiageIi(f): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
peacevilla:

All these questions are subjected to your power requirement and budget. Definitely mono absorbs better than poly with a cost difference too. Pure sine is better for some equipment, also at a higher cost. Batteries, charge controllers all depends on the size of your system/pocket/maintenance and location. Just highlight your needs to installer/solar consultant and I believe you will get the right quote.
Thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
chris81964:
The dollar is now about N400 to 1. When will our suppliers adjust their prices to reflect that reality. They are all silent.

So dollar is now N390, what happens to the stock we bought when dollar was N520?
Suppliers won't just reduce prices just like that. It will take time.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
chris81964:
The dollar is now about N400 to 1. When will our suppliers adjust their prices to reflect that reality. They are all silent.

Nigeria open market price system aint the way u assume .. The only item i see price dropping fast the way dollar rate is dropping is SCRAP BATTERY PRICE from 20-25k to 15k now ! Cheers

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by YoungBrain: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
kiekie1:

Nigeria open market price system aint the way u assume .. The only item i see price dropping fast the way dollar rate is dropping is SCRAP BATTERY PRICE from 20-25k to 15k now ! Cheers

Hopefully Tokunbo and new battery price go follow
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
YoungBrain:

Hopefully Tokunbo and new battery price go follow

If you got anyone who needs real good fairly new 200a batteries , contact me k !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by YoungBrain: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
1. how much last for the 200AH
2. how much for the red powersafe battery in the picture you posted above
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
c0ogumo:

So dollar is now N390, what happens to the stock we bought when dollar was N520?
Suppliers won't just reduce prices just like that. It will take time.

When you had old stock you bought when dollar was N390, did you not follow the bandwagon and increase the price to reflect the prevailing exchange rate of N520 then?

How come we only hear of old stock when price is supposed to go down and not when price is expected to go up?

Same reason everyone will keep giving and the old stock will never finish!

13 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
YoungBrain:

1. how much last for the 200AH
2. how much for the red powersafe battery in the picture you posted above

I always update prices .. Go through few past post as I prefer clients who are serious to simply CALL ! See profile-signature for mobile number . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 12:17am On Mar 25, 2017
chris81964:

Your response does not show thought. Your naira is buying more dollars today that when it was at 520. I will like to understand what your statement means. You needed 520 naira to buy one dollar. Today you need 390 to buy the same dollar. So when you replace what you purchased you are paying fewer naira. Did I miss somOk ething?

Yes, you are missing something.
Let's do the math

You invested N50M into a business when dollar was N500
You bought 200 units mppt controllers for $500 each
That's 200 x $500 = $100,000.00 x N500 =N50M

Today dollar is N390/$
$100,000.00 x N390 = N39M

Even though you have the same dollar amount
You just lost N11M from your investment.

I hope this proves helpful.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejavus: 1:06am On Mar 25, 2017
c0ogumo:

Let's do the math

Today dollar is N390/$

That is why its called business and its all about Risks.

Using your analogy , If dollar has risen to 700 naira to one dollar today, I bet you will bee the first to raise the price of the stock you purchased at 500naira to 1 dollar.

This is what risk is all about.

Hold on to your stocks and pray that dollar rises again, because I am sure as heck your potential customers check the forex rates too.

I also have business that I have invested money on at the worst naira exchange rates but you lose some and you win some.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 4:58am On Mar 25, 2017
dejavus:

That is why its called business and its all about Risks.

Using your analogy , If dollar has risen to 700 naira to one dollar today, I bet you will bee the first to raise the price of the stock you purchased at 500naira to 1 dollar.

This is what risk is all about.

Hold on to your stocks and pray that dollar rises again, because I am sure as heck your potential customers check the forex rates too.

I also have business that I have invested money on at the worst naira exchange rates but you lose some and you win some.

My brother, most Nigerian business men don't think like you. The best advice is for people to do the importation directly and avoid the so called old stock

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harveyspec: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2017
c0ogumo:

Let's do the math

Today dollar is N390/$

Bros, haven't you sold from the 200 units? the loss won't be up to 11m na!

that being said, I won't blame any bussiness man for not adjusting prices to reflect the dollar price change reason being, the situation is still volatile with lots of uncertainty.

it's a 50-50 kind of, if it goes further down & remains there for a considerable period of time, then your loss will be huge

if you sell off now and it goes up again & stays there, it will still be a loss for you

it's tough doing bussiness in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
chris81964:

All it proves that today the same purchase will cost you N39 million. Like I said we will keep watching. Old inventory was not an issue when you raised prices. That you purchased at N480 and raised your price when it went to 500 is not an issue. It is only an issue when you have to lower prices.
I get it. Supply and demand. Market forces. You do that because you have no competition or you believe you have no competition.

This their inclination on ripping off Nigerians is why I ordered all my stuffs directly from Amazon and Aliexpress except for solar panel. Even with shipping cost on each item, I still had some change left.

For the ones we can't ship in directly due to high unit delivery cost, we might have to wait and hope that renewable energy "dangote's" finish their old stock and bring down the price.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
The funny thing is that some importers who get dollars from bank at Form M rate that's below N400 were still amongst those who inflate price citing black market rate as the reason. This also explains why importers make it more than manufacturers in our dear country.

-disadvantage of 'unchecked' free market economy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
Latest installation.....nothing more to say cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
c0ogumo:

Let's do the math

Today dollar is N390/$

This analysis makes sense if;
1...you sold out directly in dollars. And my guess is as good as yours.

2... That even when you sold in naira u converted yo dollars immediately and stored your money in dollars.

Because if you actually sold off in naira and ur money is stored in naira till when you need to make another order then you are ordering at the new reduced excahnge rate.

Correct me if im wrong tho.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 6:41am On Mar 26, 2017
To the Solar Gurus in the house,
Good Morning All!
I have been following this thread for awhile and am fascinated with testimonies from those who have upgraded to RE.
I am looking at upgrading my 3.5KW, 200AH, 48V inverter system to solar since power utility company has gone on strike (LOL) in my area, can you kindly advice number of solar panels and charge controller size that will charge the system perfectly, I understand that best performing devices are not the most costly at times, kindly advice the brand and the model (solar panel & CC & others) that is cheap but yet powerful (tested and trusted) and other things I might need for the Upgrade.
Thanks to all, do have a great Sunday!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2017
Are you a DIY guy? If no, contact any of the installers on the forum to avoid costly mistake.....see my signature cheesy
bodeface:
To the Solar Gurus in the house,
Good Morning All!
I have been following this thread for awhile and am fascinated with testimonies from those who have upgraded to RE.
I am looking at upgrading my 3.5KW, 200AH, 48V inverter system to solar since power utility company has gone on strike (LOL) in my area, can you kindly advice number of solar panels and charge controller size that will charge the system perfectly, I understand that best performing devices are not the most costly at times, kindly advice the brand and the model (solar panel & CC & others) that is cheap but yet powerful (tested and trusted) and other things I might need for the Upgrade.
Thanks to all, do have a great Sunday!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2017
Smartcell global services wishes all mother's out there , female clients , wife to our various client's & prospective mother's in diaspora >>> HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY <<<

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
pdozie:
Got the watt meter yesterday. Very interesting recording my readings. One 'small' TV the kids use often read 137W while the big one I usually chase them away from read 78W !!

The freezer starts with 326W but goes down to 240W in less than 10 seconds.
The sowing machines my wife run starts with 576W and goes down to 132W steadily.

For the devices that start high and then normalizes at Low watts, what is the advised time to operate them. Because of the high power the draw at startup, will be advised to still put them on inverter when sun is getting down - say 4 to 5pm? (Even though they operate at much lower Watt after start up)

Meanwhile, if anyone has a spare 40 to 45A MPPT controller 48v, kindly buzz me. Got new panels to add but my controller has maxed out

Cheers

Pls where did u get d watt meter and how much?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
Trippledots:

Kill-a-watts meter / energy monitor meter is still in stock .. O8I35O3I95I

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
Trippledots:

You can get it from Konga or Kiekie1

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
kiekie1:

Kill-a-watts meter / energy monitor meter is still in stock .. O8I35O3I95I

How much

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by purplekayc(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
kiekie1:

grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by purplekayc(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
DMerciful:
Latest installation.....nothing more to say cheesy
is this the solar battery ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
@kiekie, pls can I get another board for this provolt mppt charge controller, the client burnt it by wrong battery connection

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Penuelseun:
@kiekie, pls can I get another board for this provolt mppt charge controller, the client burnt it by wrong battery connection

Eh ya! No spare board since I have been selling provolt mppt as a solar shop dealer ! I will help you source if time permits me . Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
Trippledots:

How much

@Tripple you ain't a new face here as its not all the time we discuss prices here Generally price has been within 10-15k range BT I can offer a discounted price pending on how many units u ordering.. Kindly call/what's app my number !

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: samir101ng(m), Eagba(m), loluskysat(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.