Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058040 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 11:58am On Dec 26, 2017
RipVanWink:

yeah the design was flawed from the beginning, thats the problem with a high dc voltage inverter. the 120v inverter...for it to effectively charge the batts, needs to hv 150v dc and above hitting it...n that 150v is also about the max input rating for the MS CC!....too bad you didnt vet what the installer did/get a reuputable installer...must be heart wrenching loosing those batteries ..@ this point, replacing them would gulp over 1m naira.

for your next setup..let the installer give you his planned design...and you bring it here for us to QA/QC it.
that 120v inverter is a serious hassle for solar panels n it isnt even a smart inverter too..only few CCs are capable of handling >150v dc and they are quite expensive.
such inverter is best for a phcn/gen setup

more vexing is the fact that essential running load on the inverter is just 710 watts.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hello house. I still have these 2 charge controllers for sale.

1.Roysolar charge controller 12/24v 60a

2. Roysolar 12/24v 20a

Interested? Call/sms 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
surrogatesng:
I need a 2kva 12v pursinewave inverter to power a small fridge with a 200ah batteryPlease kindly recommend for me

2kw & 1500w 12v pure sinewave powerstar inverter ranges between 95-110k ... Kindly contact us if interested

Smartcell global services
081-350-319-51

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:36am On Dec 27, 2017
pulivah:
Good morning to you all and happy celebrations.

Please welcome me, I am a new member here.

Permit me to ask a few questions:

I have been using Chinese GEL batteries for sometime now; and I just got me two sets of FULLRIVER AGM 100AH batteries.

But I noticed something. The FULLRIVER batteries take more time to charge than the Chinese batteries even on the same solar array.

I am confused. Why is this?

Then when it finally got full, I noticed that the resting voltage is at 13.0V; while the Chinese one stays at 13.1 rest.

Is 13.0V a normal rest voltage for a fully charged AGM battery?

Finally, I used the AGM batteries on the same load as the Chinese ones and this battery refused to die.

Or perhaps, it hasn't calibrated well enough?

After three hours thirty minutes, it went to 12.5V and I stopped, it bounced back to 12.7V

The Chinese ones on the same load and time, would have gone to about 12.3V thereabouts.

Somebody, please come to my rescue because I am thinking the AGM battery is bad; especially as it takes more time to charge

and rests at 13.0V

Thank you.

JUO
kiekie1
makavele
Damreey5
zeestone99
DMerciful1
is very simple, that is how to differentiate original from fake. Please take note fullriver is a Chinese company. The battery was made in guangzhou in china yet delivering amazingly. The regular Chinese battery writen 200ah is actually rated 120ah while 100ah is rated 60ah same as their solar panels. Same reason you can't get more than 1600w from 3000w on the roof. Do not be decieved by the cheap price cos you don't expect them to steal the raw material cos they want to sell cheap. All the same Chinese manufacturers make some of the best products in the world

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
dgr8truth:

more vexing is the fact that essential running load on the inverter is just 710 watts.

Two options:

1. Changethe inverter to a 48V model and get a good MPPT CC (more expensive on the short run but guarantees ease of mind nonetheless)
2. Maintain status quo but get rid of all thee PWM CC and change to a single MPPT CC capable of handling a battery bank of that size (charging with multiple CC is often a recipe for early battery failure even when zealously watched over).

I can help with either option.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
Saipro:

Two options:

1. Changethe inverter to a 48V model and get a good MPPT CC (more expensive on the short run but guarantees ease of mind nonetheless)
2. Maintain status quo but get rid of all thee PWM CC and change to a single MPPT CC capable of handling a battery bank of that size (charging with multiple CC is often a recipe for early battery failure even when zealously watched over).

I can help with either option.

Your recommendation is same thing I told the client, hence the sales of the PWM CC and Inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hello house. I still have these 2 charge controllers for sale.

1.Roysolar charge controller 12/24v 60a

2. Roysolar 12/24v 20a

Interested? Call/sms 08033735359, 08098740141

For pics pls check pg 319 nagode
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
The sky don dey gather dust again. Harvest dropping gradually.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
MCTrinity,
Just going through the thread, I saw your post, I am having a similar issue, am using two sukam inverter, have solar 2790W installed serving one bank, my concern is the two battery bank are not same age, do you advice combining the two banks or what will you suggest based on your experience.

mcTrinity:

for clients that uses SUKAM or Mopower Inverter, I always insists they get solar system, most especially if they're using two banks (8 batteries) .
I have some using theirs over 4 years now and no issues. so you can add solar system and still enjoy the ruggedity that comes with Sukam

cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
abunafiu:
The sky don dey gather dust again. Harvest dropping gradually.

I don enter panel washing mode tete. Artificial rain join. God help u if u face untared road

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
bodeface:
MCTrinity,
Just going through the thread, I saw your post, I am having a similar issue, am using two sukam inverter, have solar 2790W installed serving one bank, my concern is the two battery bank are not same age, do you advice combining the two banks or what will you suggest based on your experience.

If you've been using the two banks separately for a while, you shouldn't combine them
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello guys, I'm a new member. I've been using an inverter (Luminous EcoVolt 1500) for about a year now and I've decided to go solar because NEPA has become awfully unreliable and i cant get my batteries (2 x 12V 200AH connected in series) charged enough.

I bought a 3kVA hybrid inverter that claims to have an inbuilt Solar charge controller supporting 50A max, and 2x 300W 24V panels. What's the best way to arrange the panels to get my batteries charged in the shortest possible time? Do i need more panels?

If I want to add 2x more batteries in the future, will the system be able to accommodate it and what will need to change?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2017
sinistrian:
Hello guys, I'm a new member. I've been using an inverter (Luminous EcoVolt 1500) for about a year now and I've decided to go solar because NEPA has become awfully unreliable and i cant get my batteries (2 x 12V 200AH connected in series) charged enough.

I bought a 3kVA hybrid inverter that claims to have an inbuilt Solar charge controller supporting 50A max, and 2x 300W 24V panels. What's the best way to arrange the panels to get my batteries charged in the shortest possible time? Do i need more panels?

If I want to add 2x more batteries in the future, will the system be able to accommodate it and what will need to change?

I'll spare the mathematical explanation and do plain English explanation (Lolz).
whether you might need more panels depends on whether you're a heavy user. The two 300w panels (in parallel) might be okay since its just two batteries.

nevertheless, you can add another 2 panels and do 2x2 connection.. but you MUST confirm the Voc of the panels and cross check it with the maximum Voc of the inverter to avoid "stories that touch"

on the issue of future battery upgrade, you need to be very careful. it's not technically healthy to add old batteries to new batteries. Technically, you can still add within 2-3months (I stand to be corrected). personally, if my clients don't upgrade within 6-8weeks (I. e. 2months maximum), I don't upgrade again. they'll simply manage their existing bank or add solar system

THE ABOVE IS STRICTLY MY PERSONAL OPINION.

thanks

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
sinistrian:

50 amps 24 V is the maximum PV your system can handle. However I do 50 x 29 V which might be the maximum your battery will reach during the bulk and absorption phase.
To determine your needs take a look at each item you run and multiply by the hours you run them. Get your kwh and work backwards.
Good luck.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osarodon(m): 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
NIce one
oneshowguy:
Almaden Ultrathin Double Glass frameless 265w pallet of 30 Solar panels .

7950W at 225 Naira per watt...

System efficiency: 16.5%
Rated current: 8.5A
Rated voltage: 31.2V
Open circuit voltage: 39.6V

Weight :19kg

Comes with 30years linear power output warranty

http://www.almadenmena.com/high-efficiency-a-grade-poly-solar-panel-250w-255w-260w-265w/

Stock Available in Nigeria...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osarodon(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Great
oneshowguy:
3.64KW PV LG (Lot of 13) solar panels 280w mono at 260 Naira per watt .... Available in Nigeria..... 08123329521
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
FAIRLY USED(3YRS OLD) YINGLI SOLAR PANELS

300W POLY@35K EACH

8 PIECES AVAILABLE

SOLD

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year everyone welcome to 2018

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babniyen(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year People...
Any one with a 150 watt panel to gift me or @ very small amount.
Please pm me..08158402376
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
ola28:
FAIRLY USED(3YRS OLD) YINGLI SOLAR PANELS

300W POLY@35K EACH

8 PIECES AVAILABLE

I want to buy 4 pieces
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 2:53am On Jan 02, 2018
mcTrinity:

I'll spare the mathematical explanation and do plain English explanation (Lolz).
whether you might need more panels depends on whether you're a heavy user. The two 300w panels (in parallel) might be okay since its just two batteries.

nevertheless, you can add another 2 panels and do 2x2 connection.. but you MUST confirm the Voc of the panels and cross check it with the maximum Voc of the inverter to avoid "stories that touch"

on the issue of future battery upgrade, you need to be very careful. it's not technically healthy to add old batteries to new batteries. Technically, you can still add within 2-3months (I stand to be corrected). personally, if my clients don't upgrade within 6-8weeks (I. e. 2months maximum), I don't upgrade again. they'll simply manage their existing bank or add solar system

THE ABOVE IS STRICTLY MY PERSONAL OPINION.

thanks

Attached are the specs for the new 3kva hybrid inverter and the 300W panels. My batteries are new (less than three weeks, i just changed them) and the total daily load is between 260W and 350W - no AC, no fridge, no cooker cheesy

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2018
sinistrian:

Attached are the specs for the new 3kva hybrid inverter and the 300W panels. My batteries are new (less than three weeks, i just changed them) and the total daily load is between 260W and 350W - no AC, no fridge, no cooker cheesy

your Inverter has a 60VDC Voc max. so there's no way you can do 2 panels in series. for 2 batteries @260-350w load, you can use 3-4 panels, all connected in parallel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2018
sinistrian:

You need minimum 4 panels, and also get an MPPT controller... The inbuilt controller is meant for support if you do have constant power..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2018
mcTrinity:

your Inverter has a 60VDC Voc max. so there's no way you can do 2 panels in series. for 2 batteries @260-350w load, you can use 3-4 panels, all connected in parallel.

Thanks man!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
Dam5reey:

You need minimum 4 panels, and also get an MPPT controller... The inbuilt controller is meant for support if you do have constant power..

Could you please explain this a bit? The user manual says there's an MPPT controller in it already.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
The beginning of my journey
https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/234#55891504

and now my case is one of penny wise, pound foolish!!

In a bid to cut cost because the price of panel mounting kit was too expensive, I had to opt for Locally welded suport but the installer messed things up by nailing to the gutter of the roofing sheets.

my roof has been leaking ever since & I planned to change them during the dry season. My hurdle was how to inform the landlord who stays in same compound with me (a man who sought several assuarances during installation that the roof wont leak)

Long story short, changed about 15 roofing sheets & the man said nothing should go up his roof again. Had to now use iron wood as support (metal was just to expensive). Couldn't choose other location cos of cabling distance & shade.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
sinistrian:

You should have gone for a lower rated panels just so you can enjoy the mppt function of your inverter or as someone suggested get an mppt charge controller with higher input ratings.

On the flip side connect all your panels in parallel that is the only way you can use the inbuilt mppt charge controller function of your inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
Solar Pump!!!

We just completed the installation of a solar pump for a water tank of 50,000 litres capacity!

Products used

a. Grundfos Pump
b. Grundfos CU200 Box
c. 20 units of 100W solar panels
d. Cables

Distance between well head and the tanks stand is almost 120 metres!!!

You may ask any question.

My details:

0803-334-3911, 0803-860-4143.
Solar@SolnergyPower.com

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
More...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcci: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
Happy New Year!!!, Solar Enthusiasts.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
SolnergyPower:
Solar Pump!!!

We just completed the installation of a solar pump for a water tank of 50,000 litres capacity!

Products used

a. Grundfos Pump
b. Grundfos CU200 Box
c. 20 units of 100W solar panels
d. Cables

Distance between well head and the tanks stand is almost 120 metres!!!

You may ask any question.

very nice....

please, what's the pump size and cost?

couldn't you have used, say, 8pcs of 250w instead of 20pcs of 100w panels?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcci: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
oneshowguy:
3.64KW PV LG (Lot of 13) solar panels 280w mono at 260 Naira per watt .... Available in Nigeria..... 08123329521

LG Panels are cool and perform very well. Shout out to Back2Back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: bbally, redgem(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.