Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2088887 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
Anybody having experience with PSC Solar Lithium batteries

for claimed 10,000 cycles the price of less than 350 USD per kWh is not bad.

https://www.pscsolaruk.com/best-inverter-deep-cycle-batteries-in-nigeria/4.5KW-51V-90Ah-Indoor-Stackable

seems to be a Chinese brand also sold in Australia

http://www.soltaro.cn/product/index.html
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
My DIY powerwall battery cabinet is almost complete.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
Pls with 4 12v 200ah battery connnected 2*2 series and then parallel the two set, which of the balancer do I need Hao1 or HA02. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
hancock:

Nice one wink

Time to order for the battery balancer. The usefulness and need to have one connected to a battery bank have been overflooged just in the last two pages alone

Thanks, HA02; our saviour!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2018
OnePunchMan:

thank you for your Business sir... grin

Anytime ; Anyday !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
bobojoshua:
My people, Abeg join me to say a big thank you to OGA SAIPRO. He just saved my battery from premature death. I really appreciate it boss. May God bless you sir. Thanks.
The pleasure is all mine
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
CarPort for 24 Modules.
VE EasySolar with remote monitoring, setting and after-sales support. The inverter "screen" is practically before me anytime I want to see it from anywhere in the world.
Trojan Batteries (AGM).

I want to use this opportunity to appreciate some members of these forum for their contribution to the success of the project.
NiyiOmoIyunade
Barezzi
Dapsyra (supplied Abuja artisan contact and local market descriptions for the work)
pranil (Professor Anil) for all the remote settings and WhatsApp tutorials. The man can share information like... Thank you sir.We also had a swell time right inside Dapsyra's automated home, running offgrid with Lithium batteries (LTO) and programmed to respond to different instructions. We also met Mrs Dapsyra... What a wonderful Family.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
More pictures:

Some companies were using our pictures as their project on their official website. Please, let's desist from such.
Unauthorized use of our pictures is prohibited.

EDIT: Use for Education Purpose only. Authorized marketing use is hereby prohibited!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2018
More pictures (with remote generator start and remote monitoring)

EDIT: Following the advice of our Ogas, I have added some water-mark that cannot be cut off.
Thanks JUO.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
In a 4 12v batteries in parallel setup you really do not need any balancers as the connections properly done will ensure even flow of current and ultimate equilibrium of voltage and SoC.

If you want balancers by all means then buy the HA02 and connect each pair of red and black wires to each battery just as Oga Saipro adviced - the HA02 does not care about series or parallel connections.

If I may, I propose the attached diagram for you - you should not need any balancers in that scenario. The biggest issue you are facing in your setup is not voltage drift but rather that 2 out of 4 batteries are of lesser capacity so likely to conc out before the other two when they are being drained & vice versa

Thanks for the insight, Can this work with HA01 or HA02?
1 200AH plus 2, 100AH

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mrmachine: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
Janyves:

How does it behave? Send me a DM. I might be able to heal it.f

Just contacted you bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:38am On Jul 03, 2018
makavele:
The eagle has landed . .

#Courtesy OnePunchMan amazon shipping & delivery

Congrats man, u r welcom aboard.... E b lyk sey morning star don dey win outback n dem midnite classic o, barezzi dapsyra do sumtin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 12:38am On Jul 03, 2018
Pharyn:
CarPort for 24 Modules.
VE EasySolar with remote monitoring, setting and after-sales support. The inverter "screen" is practically before me anytime I want to see it from anywhere in the world.
Trojan Batteries (AGM).

I want to use this opportunity to appreciate some members of these forum for their contribution to the success of the project.
NiyiOmoIyunade
Barezzi
Dapsyra (supplied Abuja artisan contact and local market descriptions for the work)
pranil (Professor Anil) for all the remote settings and WhatsApp tutorials. The man can share information like... Thank you sir.We also had a swell time right inside Dapsyra's automated home, running offgrid with Lithium batteries (LTO) and programmed to respond to different instructions. We also met Mrs Dapsyra... What a wonderful Family.

Nice work Pharyn, keep it up. It was a pleasure having you and your crew in my abode.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 1:09am On Jul 03, 2018
zeestone99:

Congrats man, u r welcom aboard.... E b lyk sey morning star don dey win outback n dem midnite classic o, barezzi dapsyra do sumtin

Did a thorough research and morningstar wins; by a slight margin though. Outback = useless
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:34am On Jul 03, 2018
Pharyn:
More pictures:

Some companies were using our pictures as their project on their official website. Please, let's desist from such.
Unauthorized use of our pictures is prohibited.
water mark your pictures, I mean seriously. Do it in a way that it can't be cropped

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 5:52am On Jul 03, 2018
makavele:

Did a thorough research and morningstar wins; by a slight margin though. Outback = useless

Are you sure about that?
What is your proof or source of info please, let learn.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2018
Practicals my Oga.

When it comes to the core business of squeezing solar juice out of a PV array, MorningStar is the best controller bar none - any advantage a Midnite classic has is in the ease of setup/configuration and perhaps less unit cost per amp - MorningStar capped at 60a while Midnite has 80a/96a units.

Even the MorningStar design (solid state/no moving parts, and conformal coating) is superior to Midnite's in my view. I firmly believe that a MorningStar CC can give 15years of trouble free service with zero components failure, I would consider it luck if a Midnite lasted that long.

I am fortunately placed in a position where a lot of CCs and equipment passes through my hands and I have been able to run tests of MorningStar vs other CCs in controlled conditions and so far I have not yet seen any CC beat MorningStar at solar yield.

The issue is just like the premium Fluke, they are rather slow to innovate or churn out new features, anything they cannot certify works 99.99999% they will not release - all the networking and remote monitoring restrictions can easily be sorted with a little bit of skill.

sharks776:

Are you sure about that?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:12am On Jul 03, 2018
Nice one Oga Pharyn.

This is lovely work indeed.

Like I told you in private, I have yet to see anyone who does preinstallation planning and load assessment so carefully and thoroughly and clearly documented too.

The battle is half won at the design/concept stage and I daresay you are a master in that domain.

You are quietly doing great things and by God's grace you will go far! Amen

Pharyn:
CarPort for 24 Modules.
Trojan Batteries (AGM).

NiyiOmoIyunade
Barezzi

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 7:18am On Jul 03, 2018
Niyi,
I hear the victron energy smartsolar charger is heads and shoulders above the competition.

They squeeze out the most solar juice tongue
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:20am On Jul 03, 2018
Good morning my Oga,

Indeed anything is possible...

I am open to benchmark test them vs. MorningStar side by side grin

Barezzi:
Niyi,
I hear the victron energy smartsolar charger is heads and shoulders above the competition.

They squeeze out the most solar juice tongue
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2018
makavele:

Lemme sign out in peace abeg

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2018
Pharyn:
CarPort for 24 Modules.
Trojan Batteries (AGM).

NiyiOmoIyunade
Barezzi

Superb
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:53am On Jul 03, 2018
sharks776:

Are you sure about that?

Dead sure, proof is from talking to hundreds of native Americans who do commercial installation
and they all prefered the star followed by the classic.
outback was a third choice whenever the other two were unavail or just for "fanboyism"
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2018
zeestone99:

Lemme sign out in peace abeg

Stick to your ROY SOLAR grin grin grin

p.s.: u need to come take me to 48V sir, edakun !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OnePunchMan: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2018
OnePunchMan:
we Place your orders for your solar devices and all other gadgets at very wonderful and affordable rate of 310 naira per US dollar...

My contact is in my profile.

Link to my main thread is in my signature..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2018
Please I need information about Solar water pump for Borehole.
I am aware of SolarShop's grundfos but I need other options too.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Donsammi(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2018
Dam5reey:

It's a NO NO that thing has only 7Ah ups battery

Laptop when charging takes up to 70watts,
when fully charged 30watts,
standing fan 70watts,
rechargable onces 30watts

Up your bugdet, get 100AH battery someone is selling used 1 for 27k get an Inverter of 29k with has ups function on same Jumia and you are Good..

wow
seems I will have to up my savings then.
tho it's not like if I will be using those appliances at once.

maybe only laptop plugged it..

I saw a thread on nairaland also that fits my description sir

https://www.nairaland.com/1565780/power-bank-power-tv-decoder

how about this?
Saipro:
No mean feat. I'm impressed. But avoid the Saroda. The advice given by Dam5reey is way better
alright sir. thanks a lot
Saipro:
No mean feat. I'm impressed. But avoid the Saroda. The advice given by Dam5reey is way better
alright sir. thanks a lot
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2018
deleted

kiekie1:

Kai! Haba!! I go soon start dey charge you under copyright rules James grin .. Anyways make I pity you as you be my Brother sha !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cool318(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
dgr8truth:
My DIY powerwall battery cabinet is almost complete.

Oga, do you have the time to look into Laptop Lithium-ion batteries, I have one I opened up, but can't source for the match able batteries, the clipping and the balancing. 18.5v

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Practicals my Oga.
When it comes to the core business of squeezing solar juice out of a PV array, MorningStar is the best controller bar none - any advantage a Midnite classic has is in the ease of setup/configuration and perhaps less unit cost per amp - MorningStar capped at 60a while Midnite has 80a/96a units.

Even the MorningStar design (solid state/no moving parts, and conformal coating) is superior to Midnite's in my view. I firmly believe that a MorningStar CC can give 15years of trouble free service with zero components failure, I would consider it luck if a Midnite lasted that long.

I am fortunately placed in a position where a lot of CCs and equipment passes through my hands and I have been able to run tests of MorningStar vs other CCs in controlled conditions and so far I have not yet seen any CC beat MorningStar at solar yield.

The issue is just like the premium Fluke, they are rather slow to innovate or churn out new features, anything they cannot certify works 99.99999% they will not release - all the networking and remote monitoring restrictions can easily be sorted with a little bit of skill.
I'll take that with a pinch of salt. The MorningStar is undoubtedly likely go longer before failing but the fact that it reports pumping out more juice than the Midnite doesn't men it does. I think I posted my own benchmark tests a year or two back.

The noiseless/fanless operation is a delight you can't place a premium on.
A lot of customizations hold the Midnite apart (not necessarily better). I love the forced FLOAT/BULK feature, LoMax, etc.
MorningStar is a favourite brand but with the advent of Midnite (a latecomer), .... review more recent feedback.
The Brat and Kid stand almost unchallenged.

Of course, the MorningStar SureSine inverter is unrivalled in performance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.