Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2090124 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2018
zeestone99:

Hmmm the marketer grin

The man Zee grin.. Abeg free them and long epistles make we dey make our small coins jeje smiley ! Hope you are doing great

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by blazeup(m): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good day all.
Pls can any one confirm if this product is a morning star clone or rebranded CC. I am tempted to pick it up since is it cheaper 136k and has been well rated by my collegues that use it.
Specs: . Xantra 60a mppt. Imported by pscuk.

Kind regards.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
MTN USED RITAR BATTERIES LOADING..

Awaiting another set of good telecom batteries!
Stay tuned !!

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
kiekie1:
MTN USED RITAR BATTERIES LOADING..

Awaiting another set of good telecom batteries!
Stay tuned !!

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Keep me informed ; pal

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
makavele:

Keep me informed ; pal

Noted Sir..let's meet at the other room as usual smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
dgr8truth:
The battery cabinet for my DIY powerwall is now completed and in full use.

The next project is building the remaining 43000 kilowatts hours pack. It will be a real challenging project.

Cool.

It's nice to know that people on this thread are venturing into the DIY POWERWALL.

For your rack, what is your plans for cooling as I didn't see vents nor cooling fans provisions there?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:

Cool.

It's nice to know that people on these thread are venturing into the DIY POWERWALL.

For your rack, what is your plans for cooling as I didn't see vents nor cooling fans provisions there?

Welcome on board once again my man smiley !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
kiekie1:

Welcome on board once again my man smiley !

Hahaha

Mr Frank, nice to see your progress here

Weldone my brother

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:

Cool.

It's nice to know that people on these thread are venturing into the DIY POWERWALL.

Richmon well-done nice to see you hope you are back for good as you are really missed cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:

Hahaha

Mr Frank, nice to see your progress here

Weldon my brother

Brotherly, I gallant ! Fellow,many would have missed you here even though we have been seeing in za oda room grin ! Welcome once more noble m'earty... Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
I've scanned through some discussions here and there are a lot to react to but unfortunately it might not be possible.

I've scanned through the Morningstar efficiency discussion.

I have one good news for the Morningstar lovers;
Morningstar 4kW inverter is on it's way to change things in the mid-range renewable energy market.

The system is coming with almost everything you would need in both off-grid and on-grid installation with the morningstar unrepentant quality.

When the morningstar guy brought a sample for our perusing some months ago, I asked for permission to post the pictures of bother the external and internal components but I was denied. In a couple of weeks, a test unit will be on my desk for which I am expected to install in my house and send feedback data to them. By then I'll be able to send pictures.

For now keep your fingers crossed in expectation of a game changer Inverter/Charger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Yaaaaay. I can't wait to see this new beast.

Welcome back Oga Richmond grin

richmon74:
I've scanned through some discussions here and there are a lot to react to but unfortunately it might not be possible.

I've scanned through the Morningstar efficiency discussion.

I have one good news for the Morningstar lovers;
Morningstar 4kW inverter is on it's way to change things in the mid-range renewable energy market.

The system is coming with almost everything you would need in both off-grid and on-grid installation with the morningstar unrepentant quality.

When the morningstar guy brought a sample for our perusing some months ago, I asked for permission to post the pictures of bother the external and internal components but I was denied. In a couple of weeks, a test unit will be on my desk for which I am expected to install in my house and send feedback data to them. By then I'll be able to send pictures.

For now keep your fingers crossed in expectation of a game changer Inverter/Charger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
kiekie1:

The man Zee grin.. Abeg free them and long epistles make we dey make our small coins jeje smiley ! Hope you are doing great

Yeah man doin grt, raspberry Procter n gamble pple lolcheesy...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Few of the features that I remember that makes the Morningstar 4kW Inverter great are;

- It comes with known morningstar quality/effeciency
- It is transformerless and as such light weight
- It has inbuilt Display
- It has inbuilt AGS
- It has current Shunt mounted inside with busbars for battery and cc connections.
- Internal DIN rail for breakers
- Inbuilt Network card for stacking and for hooking up Charge controllers
- It has already installed hardware for Lithium Ion battery. Though they are still working on the software as at today.
- It's coming with great price as well

that's all I can remember for now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Goodnews No. 2

We will be bringing in Trojan Lithium Ion battery for your peace with battery.

The good news with this is the fact that you wouldn't need to change your inverters and CCs as the Trojan Lithium will come with internal BMS (which victron lacks) which will be good enough for DIY guys as you wouldn't need to crack your head on rigorous configurations.

So guys, the renewable energy have come to stay and the technological advancement is coming closer to you.

I just hope most of us will get an opportunity to experience the efficiency of Lithium Ion batteries before the Graphene battery wipes it out.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nice to have you back on this forum, its being a while we read from you.

richmon74:
Goodnews No. 2

The good news with this is the fact that you wouldn't need to change your inverters and CCs as the Trojan Lithium will come with internal BMS (which victron lacks) which will be good enough for DIY guys as you wouldn't need to crack your head on rigorous configurations.

So guys, the renewable energy have come to stay and the technological advancement is coming closer to you.

I just hope most of us will get an opportunity to experience the efficiency of Lithium Ion batteries before the Graphene battery wipes it out.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
dgr8truth:
I'm going the route of DIY powerwall, and thus far I'm pretty impress with the result.
It's a 7s100p setup of 190ah. I intend to crank it up to maybe 7s 300p/400p.

The lowest cells are 1500mah and the highest cell is 2500+mah.

I used repackr.com to group the cell

Congrats bros.
One quick observation on the cells you might need to correct;
I think you might want to change the terminals of the cells such the the +ve ad -ve terminals doesn't come from the same end. i.e. the positive can come from the front while the negative comes from the back. If not so you will have a very unbalanced discharge. I can explain much about these if you want.

something like in the image below

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:
Few of the features that I remember that makes the Morningstar 4kW Inverter great are;

- It has inbuilt Display
- It has inbuilt AGS
- It has current Shunt mounted inside with busbars for battery and cc connections.
- It has already installed hardware for Lithium Ion battery. Though they are still working on the software as at today.

I'm excited - something which doesn't often happen.

I was hoping to be wowed by the Midnite inverter. Indisputably, MorningStar made a bada$$ inverter back in the day. Just, the one. Let's hope not only do they replicate the feat but they actually surpass themselves.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hahaha, someone just Dm me and asked what I brought back. It's really funny.

All the same, let me throw in a little promo to encourage guys who wants to use quality products but are limited by cash.

PRICE SLASH! PRICE SLASH!! PRICE SLASH!!!

Trojan SAGM 12 205
Life Cycle: 1700 cycls @50% DOD
Ah @C100: 216ah
AH @C20: 205ah,
Voltage: 12V

before: N185,000.00
Now:
• N162,000.00 (above 6 pcs)
• N164,000.00 (1 to 6 pcs )

Our contacts:
PBASE Solar
Email: contact@pbasesolar.com
Instagram: @pbasesolar
Facebook: @pbasesolar
Twiter: @pbasesolar
Call/WhatsApp: 08023033135

N/B: Price is for pickup in Lagos only. Delivery charge applies to other location outside Lagos.

Limited quantity available

For Large quantity, Contact me for special price.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:
Goodnews No. 2

I can't wait smiley
slowly the Nigerian market is waking up to Lithium first it was Simpliphi by solardepot then SOlarprada by PSC .
Anybnody bringing BYD?

Trojan is still pushing LEAD acid for Africa though smiley

https://www.energy-storage.news/blogs/trojan-battery-in-praise-of-lead-acid-for-solar-plus-storage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2018
Ur tots on this charger house.

Found it on jumia

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:

- It has inbuilt Display
- It has inbuilt AGS

Victron is already in Market with 5.7KW with fanless design and 99% efficiency and Bluetooth and compatible to lithium batteries

https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers/smartsolar-250-85-250-100

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2018/06/07/video-introduction-to-the-smartsolar-mppt-250-100/

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
godspeed:
Ur tots on this charger house.

Found it on jumia

It's a Chinese company with relatively good quality ( in EPSOLAR category) mainly focusing on offgrid /rural projects

The controller looks fairly advanced with it's Modbus support and external voltage sensing
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
richmon74:

Cool.

There are vent holes at the back, but planing to replace them with cabinet fans.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
pranil:

It's a Chinese company with relatively good quality ( in EPSOLAR category) mainly focusing on offgrid /rural projects

The controller looks fairly advanced with it's Modbus support and external voltage sensing

Thanks pranil

Was planning to go for epsolar before I stumbled upon this.

In ur professional opinion, which will you advise I go for?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anidat77(m): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
So yesterday I had my HAO2 battery balancer fixed to my bank as advised. Noticed a rise in device temperature throughout yesterday's harvest period ,I had to get My car fire extinguisher nearer and handy just in case.
But today I observed the highest harvest ever at 5.86kwh grin grin .I guess it really took a longer time for my bank to hit float charge hence the continued charging. I might be wrong though but hey...that's the beauty of diy. Anyone out there noticed same temperature rise on the HAO2? Should I be worried? grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
thanks for the reply,
but i guess u mixed up something there
"2 units of 12v 200w solar panels in series will give you 400w at 24v"

2 units of 12v 200w solar panels in series will give you 200w at 24v not 400w at 24v"

can u take it from there

thanks

NiyiOmoIyunade:
My Oga.

The best way to look at this is to think of the total power in the system. I will assume the panels are operating at their nominal voltages 12v and 24v respectively and that you can also access the 100% rated power of the panels and CC is 100% efficient too and finally that a 12v battery charges at a constant 12v grin

2 units of 12v 200w solar panels in series will give you 400w at 24v. PV side current is 16.66a at 24v while passing it through an MPPT CC attached to a 12v battery you get 2 times the current at the battery side so 33.33a but same power/wattage of 400w

1 unit 200w 24v panel will give 8.33a at the PV side and 16.66a at the 12v battery side using an MPPT CC.

In a PWM setting charging a 12v battery, you will lose half of the power when you have two panels in series to make 400w 24v since the PWM cannot convert excess voltage to useful current but if charging a 24v battery bank you can pass through the entire 400w.

Those are my thoughts at a high level. I could be wrong. Please let me know what you think too.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
my man my man my man!

richmon74:
Goodnews No. 2

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kadorzy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello house, can the head of house and the plenty gurus in the house help me out.
I need a template that can guide me in designing a quotation for an offgrid solar power system.
I have all the facts but lack any formal sample to use for it.

Thanks all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
hi,

u really dont need fan and all that with the DIY li-ion setup, just follow the RULES and u be fine, really no heat comes out only if the cell is bad.

the rules

make sure u charge ate 0.5C of the capacity, meaning if u have a pack of 20ah DO NOT charge with a current greater than (0.5x20) 10amp

but when u charge at 1C and above u are inviting trouble, i use li-ion everyday in my house for my DC fans and have built for people as far as ghana for flying drones... i have a little understanding of li-ion

secondly DO NOT discharge greater than 0.5C max continuous current, but u can burst to 3C but just burst! not continuous

for those that are interested in seeing my fix wing drone flights powered by li-ion

my youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCol-Yw58o2ztQNlq3DCUNxA

richmon74:

Cool.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by blazeup(m): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
blazeup:
Good day all.
Pls can any one confirm if this product is a morning star clone or rebranded CC. I am tempted to pick it up since is it cheaper 136k and has been well rated by my collegues that use it.
Specs: . Xantra 60a mppt. Imported by pscuk.

Kind regards.
Oga Niyi ..please ooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 12:39am On Jul 06, 2018
godspeed:

Thanks pranil

Was planning to go for epsolar before I stumbled upon this.

In ur professional opinion, which will you advise I go for?

EPSolar as it is easy to find accessories such as WIFi box /Bluetooth and more user knowledge support in Nigeria in case things don't work out

When and if MTN or GLO starts NB-IoT services it will be advantages to have this one as it can directly connect to Low power GSM network to broadcast signals

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: TechGeek777 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.