Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2126749 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 9:08am On Jul 04, 2018
kiekie1:

Good morning Sir.. Nicely said smiley ! Its been a while I see you type this long tho grin .. Its good to see your system supplied some years ago still firing without issues ! Cheer's
Chief marketer well-done. Always reading up comments here as There is a lot to be gained here. smiley

Just commented so that a newbie would not be boxed into a corner and feel that only morningstar cc is the best when all have their pros and cons wink

Just because in the North Honda is popular dies not make it the best car in the North. grin

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2018
For the record so that whoever wants to embrace MorningStar is not misled grin grin grin

The CC which blew up had been in use since 2009/2010 based on my check of it's data logs but fraudulently repackaged and sold as brand new to me in 2016. Who knows what it had passed through before it got to me?

I have probably had more than 20 MorningStars pass through my hands between then and now and none has yet failed or had any issues whatsoever - the one which intermittently logs a fault (no impact at all on functionality) I have updated firmware, tweaked and experimented on ceaselessly - once tried to force update my own reverse engineered firmware on it without success, connected a 4.5kw array to it and throttled the battery side output during Bulk charge to 35amps at 59.2v. It is the CC I try out all my ideas on and still running like a champ (on the random occasions it logs the 'DiP Switch Changed Fault', recovers back to full output within 3 seconds, daily produces 10kwh to 15kwh from a 3.6kw PV array).

The one certain vulnerability of the MorningStar is disconnecting CC from battery while PV array is still connected and the PV array is putting out power higher than the CC's clamp limits. I do believe they released a software update to disconnect PV internally to address this flaw but have not yet found the courage to test its effectiveness in real life.

You said it all the best CC is the one that meets your power needs within your budget. I love and trust MorningStar. I will gladly try any other CC experimentally just to see how it works and also because standards change and old champions are overthrown all the time.

For any who will take up the challenge, I have fallow 3pcs 330w Canadian Solar Panels, 1 Spare MorningStar CC and 2 600watt constant DC loads (immersion heaters). Just bring along your own favorite CC and let us perform a benchmark test

DUNKA:
"They" will not agree fa cheesy

What use is the so called best cc if it bears other cc by 1 - 2 % in solar yield but will unexpectedly blow up after 6 months grin

Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
For the record so that whoever wants to embrace MorningStar is not misled grin grin grin

The CC which blew up had been in use since 2009/2010 based on my check of it's data logs but fraudulently repackaged and sold as brand new to me in 2016. Who knows what it had passed through before it got to me?

I have probably had more than 20 MorningStars pass through my hands between then and now and none has yet failed or had any issues whatsoever - the one which intermittently logs a fault (no impact at all on functionality) I have updated firmware, tweaked and experimented on ceaselessly - once tried to force update my own reverse engineered firmware on it without success, connected a 4.5kw array to it and throttled the battery side output during Bulk charge to 35amps at 59.2v. It is the CC I try out all my ideas on and still running like a champ (on the random occasions it logs the 'DiP Switch Changed Fault', recovers back to full output within 3 seconds, daily produces 10kwh to 15kwh from a 3.6kw PV array).

The one certain vulnerability of the MorningStar is disconnecting CC from battery while PV array is still connected and the PV array is putting out power higher than the CC's clamp limits. I do believe they released a software update to disconnect PV internally to address this flaw but have not yet found the courage to test its effectiveness in real life.

You said it all the best CC is the one that meets your power needs within your budget. I love and trust MorningStar. I will gladly try any other CC experimentally just to see how it works and also because standards change and old champions are overthrown all the time.

For any who will take up the challenge, I have fallow 3pcs 330w Canadian Solar Panels, 1 Spare MorningStar CC and 2 600watt constant DC loads (immersion heaters). Just bring along your own favorite CC and let us perform a benchmark test

Niyi nice one. No one is here to mislead anyone but they way some comments were used would think that Outback was made in Aba angry when I as a personal user have not experienced such.
I really would not have commented but I was contacted offline by someone asking about my Outback setup because of the terms "useless" "crappy" when that is not the true situation of things.

If I was to go for a CC again I would still go for the Outback and 2nd choice would be a cLASSIC but does that mean the Morning Star is bad cc? Certainly not,i have want floats my boat another user has his.

If they both provide the needed satisfaction so what gives? I have used an Axpert Inverter which gave me issues but will i bad talk it just for talking sake? No as it still has it good points and is my backup inverter in case the Outback "unexpectedly blows up" grin (Abeg no vex no be me use am) wink

Anyway I am a novice and a nobody compared to the knowledgeable gurus such as you and the others but can only talk on my own experience.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

May we be truly free from the clutches of epileptic power supply in Nigeria. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2018
For me I will not believe that a cc with ordinary heat sink will out perform the one with fan under full or even 60% load. There is no way a cc running at over 65° can be compared to the one running at 40°. Who doesn't know the effect of heat on electronics? My take though

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makawhy201: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2018
I like to draw your attention to the data logs found on your CC that had issue sometimes ago, my observation might be wrong but cannot be ignored, the first time the CC was powered, used its possible the date and year were not set maybe it was tested or used on the default programmed date, that doesn't mean the CC has been in used since then just thesame way you powered a new phone without correcting the date, your call log will read something else..am not taking side anyway but sharing my view.. As Dunka said, if i buy a Chinese CC and has been in use for many years and meeting my needs without any issues, no one can convince me a premium is better than it, for sure i will recommend it for people around me base on my experience.....just as i always recommend my solid Bluegate 2kva inverter cheesy of 6years usage without any issues.....Thats my view anyway.

NiyiOmoIyunade:

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
kiekie1:

Good morning Sir.. Nicely said smiley ! Its been a while I see you type this long tho grin .. Its good to see your system supplied some years ago still firing without issues ! Cheer's

Hmmm the marketer grin

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
DUNKA:
Niyi nice one. No one is here to mislead anyone but they way some comments were used would think that Outback was made in Aba angry when I as a personal user have not experienced such.
I really would not have commented but I was contacted offline by someone asking about my Outback setup because of the terms "useless" "crappy" when that is not the true situation of things.

If I was to go for a CC again I would still go for the Outback and 2nd choice would be a cLASSIC but does that mean the Morning Star is bad cc? Certainly not,i have want floats my boat another user has his.

If they both provide the needed satisfaction so what gives? I have used an Axpert Inverter which gave me issues but will i bad talk it just for talking sake? No as it still has it good points and is my backup inverter in case the Outback "unexpectedly blows up" grin (Abeg no vex no be me use am) wink

Anyway I am a novice and a nobody compared to the knowledgeable gurus such as you and the others but can only talk on my own experience.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

May we be truly free from the clutches of epileptic power supply in Nigeria. smiley

grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
Barezzi:
grin grin
Truly, Outback is a very useless CC.I used a hammer on mine out of annoyance angry
In bright sunlight, the useless device was "sleeping"! I forced bulk, it worked for a few minutes and promptly went back to sleep.

There was nothing i didn't try. Spent countless man-hours poring through several "solutions" that never worked.
In exasperation, i took out my trusted hammer and promptly put it out of it's misery angry

The Fangpusun, Chinese clone, seems a more reliable device. I have 2 gathering dust in my workshop...I may consider putting them up for sale.

Oga barezzi, hammer ke, nxt tym jst send 2 my address.. Gracias cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
My Oga.

This used CC fraudulently repackaged as new;

The data logs showed several days of PV yield which means it had been connected to an array.

One of the large conduit holes at the bottom was already knocked/punched out and a rubber grommet installed.

The terminal screws and surrounding supports for battery connection had obvious signs of screwdriver friction burn such as when you tighten with a large screw driver.

There is a sticker/label inside the Morningstar which was already slightly torn.

Slight signs of wear and tear on the body of the CC - you know how a pristine device looks vs a used one

Believe me when I tell you I have personally commissioned at least 20 MorningStars in the past two years and I have not yet seen anyone with log data already populated - come to think of it, why would anyone other than the final end user/buyer want to power up a factory brand new device - to what end and to check what or test what? I do believe I know how to tell a fairly used device from a brand new one

The one mistake I made was that I took delivery of the CC inside my car in a fuel station and since the seller was a known face I did not bother to open up the carton to inspect it, just threw it in the back seat and drove home.

In fact, after that experience I had cause to buy again locally from another seller here on NL to satisfy an emergency order, he can testify how hard I squeezed him to the point of anger - he had to send me his Amazon purchase screenshot with date, and other evidence to convince me it was new and genuine before we transacted.

Now please let us leave this matter rest if possible.... we have flogged it quite to death by now.

makawhy201:

I like to draw your attention to the data logs found on your CC that had issue sometimes ago, my observation might be wrong but cannot be ignored, the first time the CC was powered, used its possible the date and year were not set maybe it was tested or used on the default programmed date, that doesn't mean the CC has been in used since then just thesame way you powered a new phone without correcting the date, your call log will read something else..am not taking side anyway but sharing my view.. As Dunka said, if i buy a Chinese CC and has been in use for many years and meeting my needs without any issues, no one can convince me a premium is better than it, for sure i will recommend it for people around me base on my experience.....just as i always recommend my solid Bluegate 2kva inverter cheesy of 6years usage without any issues.....Thats my view anyway.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
My guy, even at gun point, I can never use an outback flexmax cc angry I fear I've been scarred from that nasty experience.

zeestone99:

Oga barezzi, hammer ke, nxt tym jst send 2 my address.. Gracias cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
kiekie1:

Yes I will invite Oga Saipro on this same issue again ..He has done an indepth research and has more experience when it comes to outback and midnite classics solar controllers smiley ! Oga Dunka summed it up by saying it totally depends on individual choice . I have sold and installed all this brands aforementioned without issues apart from morningstar issue I had with just 1 client then .. When procuring and installing electronics, just pray & have the positive mindset that yours lasts for you because not all likes repair stress or warranty issue on the short run.. Cheer's
Inasmuch as I'd rather not comment further on the debate, I should state that the FlexMax series (Outback) and Classic series (Midnite) are literally siblings.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
Barezzi:
My guy, even at gun point, I can never use an outback flexmax cc angry I fear I've been scarred from that nasty experience.

Are you sure? Gun pass gun o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hancock(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
Barezzi:
Lol. To each and their own
Their was a white paper Morningstar put out some years ago comparing their charge controller to the outbacks flexmax.
http://support.morningstarcorp.com/search/?document_section=&search_product=96

Outback didn't even bother to counteract the comparisons grin. Its like coca cola giving you 20 reasons why you shouldn't drink Pepsi and pepsi quietly retrieved backwards with their tail between their legs.
As it has been rightly said, just go for products with good reviews, affordability and customer satisfaction. comparing a Lamborghini to a Toyota wouldn't cut it as long as both take you to your destination while delivering a satisfactory experience wink.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
Barezzi:

This is serious, nw I need to sign out b4 barrezi cause anoda1 here

N:B is morning star winning the cc war, i dnt want to belive so yet even though I use one...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
The one that blew grin grin grin

And you graciously took it off my hands at a bargain price and took it to Alaba for them to work their magic.

And even though it came back seemingly fine and tested it OK, I refused to trust it and gave it over to you.

Tell us how has it fared since then? Still going strong I wager...

zeestone99:

This is serious, nw I need to sign out b4 barrezi cause anoda1 here

N:B is morning star winning the cc war, i dnt want to belive so yet even though I use one...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
hancock:

Lol. To each and their own
Their was a white paper Morningstar put out some years ago comparing their charge controller to the outbacks flexmax.
http://support.morningstarcorp.com/search/?document_section=&search_product=96

Outback didn't even bother to counteract the comparisons grin. Its like coca cola giving you 20 reasons why you shouldn't drink Pepsi and pepsi quietly retrieved backwards with their tail between their legs.
As it has been rightly said, just go for products with good reviews, affordability and customer satisfaction. comparing a Lamborghini to a Toyota wouldn't cut it as long as both take you to your destination while delivering a satisfactory experience wink.
Which mama go say hin pikin no fine? cheesy

For Barezzi it is personal hatred grin for him to say that the Chinese Clone i.e Fangpusun is more reliable than the original Outback shoes personal sentiments cool grin wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
grin grin grin You can say that again baba
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
Actually, it is rare that I see a neutral foreign review where the Outback is praised - words like prototype, bug, early concept, experimental feature, flaky e.t.c are what I generally see.

The Midnite however has generally pretty good reviews and plenty of bells and whistles vs. any other. And they also work hard at improving their product constantly so they definitely win at innovation.

We can look at the core design and internals - MorningStar is solid state, battery and PV terminals are very well spaced, can accomodate 35mm cables and even thicker pretty easily vs. the puny/tiny terminals and dangerously closely clustered positive and negative terminals on other brands. MorningStar is however slow to improve or add new features and all their add on equipment are pretty pricey - again a smart player can get by very well indeed with just the CC without a display meter plus a PC or RaspBerry device.

Biko one of us must stop else this matter will drag endlessly - somebody mentioned heatsinks as a flaw and to that I respond that the heat dissipation ability of the MorningStar far outweights any Fangpusun or similar cheap clone CC one may come across - you would only need external fan cooling if you locked it up in an enclosed space - my indoor mounted MorningStar CC heatsink temp rarely goes beyond 45°C with no additional cooling and the decision to attach a fan is just preference because I have excess DC power and just wanted to pamper the CCs after i moved them indoors (all windows usually closed where they are kept). For a fact, the MorningStar only begins to derate/reduce current output at temperatures from 80°C so you can see the margin of safety I have

I have used the Fangpusuns and was pleasantly surprised at their performance, their ruggedness and longevity remain to be seen.

Please let us just stop this thread and raise a new topic but if we must then let us settle the matter via objective testing - my offer to supply panels, loads and 1 CC for the test is valid until early next week grin grin grin

DUNKA:

For Barezzi it is personal hatred grin for him to say that the Chinese Clone i.e Fangpusun is more reliable than the original Outback shoes personal sentiments cool grin wink cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Actually, it is rare that I see a neutral foreign review where the Outback is praised - words like prototype, bug, early concept, experimental feature, flaky e.t.c are what I generally see.

The Midnite however has generally pretty good reviews and plenty of bells and whistles vs. any other. And they also work hard at improving their product constantly so they definitely win at innovation.

We can look at the core design and internals - MorningStar is solid state, battery and PV terminals are very well spaced, can accomodate 35mm cables and even thicker pretty easily vs. the puny/tiny terminals and dangerously closely clustered positive and negative terminals on other brands. MorningStar is however slow to improve or add new features and all their add on equipment are pretty pricey - again a smart player can get by very well indeed with just the CC without a display meter plus a PC or RaspBerry device.

Biko one of us must stop else this matter will drag endlessly - *somebody mentioned heatsinks as a flaw and to that I respond that the heat dissipation ability of the MorningStar far outweights any Fangpusun or similar cheap clone CC one may come across - you would only need external fan cooling if you locked it up in an enclosed space - my indoor mounted MorningStar CC heatsink temp rarely goes beyond 45°C with no additional cooling and the decision to attach a fan is just preference because I have excess DC power and just wanted to pamper the CCs after i moved them indoors (all windows usually closed where they are kept)*

I have used the Fangpusuns and was pleasantly surprised at their performance, their ruggedness and longevity remain to be seen.r
Please let us just stop this thread and raise a new topic but if we must then let us settle the matter via objective testing - my offer to supply panels, loads and 1 CC for the test is valid until early next week grin grin grin

Worlds Number 1 cc that still needs an external fan to function optimally. Kukuma just hand it outside to get fresh cooling air grin That says it all

One Love

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
The one that blew grin grin grin

And you graciously took it off my hands at a bargain price and took it to Alaba for them to work their magic.

And even though it came back seemingly fine and tested it OK, I refused to trust it and gave it over to you.

Tell us how has it fared since then? Still going strong I wager...

Lol wetin concern me, all I know is dat I v light 24/7 n dnt go below 50% except once a while... I dnt v tym for remote monitoring, raspberry pie, Procter n gamble grin. (can only do 4 clients dat needs it), I wori abt oda tins cheesy. I ll let the house judge(count me out tongue)... . Hw can morning star jst com from nowhere n get flawless victory, i no gree abeg

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
DUNKA:

Bros barezzi matter jst tire me... For sum1 to involve hammer shocked
Am signing out dis1 pass me grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NextDayPP: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
For anyone in need of low ah batteries. I have 50ah and 100ah to sell. I bought them between February and March for a farm project that didn't work out. The bigger one was meant for domestic use and had been used sparingly since I bought it. That is 2-3 days per week when I visit the farm area. I used it with a 24inch LED TV, one 3watts DC LED bulb and a table rechargeable fan. The lowest I have seen this battery go within the last 4 months is 12.5.

The second one (50ah) hasn't been used at all. It was meant for a DC pump in the farm, sadly my partner has a serious financial issue, so can not continue.

I want to sell and reinvest back to my small farm, which is where I got the money from. I also have no use for the TV as well, should anyone be interested, the only item I'm taking home is the fan. TV is made by ROYAL, and sold by SIMS nig Ltd, which also sell Samsung products. The 130watts PRIME panel connected to the bigger battery is also for sale. Thanks.

Batteries are RITAR.

These items are in Idiroko, Ogun state.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2018
Congrats on your new CC Sir.

Welcome to the wonderful MS World.

Is that a Drok DC Amp meter I see there (2 pcs)? Please beware, though rated 100a and 75mV, the shunt metal is thin and tends to run hot at higher amperages - you will find the shunts on the Victron and Fangpusun clones much more substantial and ditto for the Trimetric.

If you are in the habit of passing high amps through the shunt, it will get very hot and there will be losses - anything over 60a you may need to upgrade to a more robust DC meter. Also, the meter is not bidirectional so I guess that is why you have 2 units to separately monitor amps in and amps out of battery. Further, it does not auto reset the energy count at full charge or at end of day.

For the meantime, it is a cheap and reliable way to get into monitoring amps in and out of a battery bank

makavele:
The eagle has landed . .

#Courtesy OnePunchMan amazon shipping & delivery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
hardywaltz:

Welcome to the club broda, I use an Outback Flexmax 80 for close to 2years, with Outback just install and leave it alone.

I later bought a Fangpusun Flexmax (Chinese version) to increase capacity however the difference is clear as day and nite.

It's not a popular brand here in Nigeria duh especially on Nairaland.

Wow seems my comment on Outback Flexmax started a storm.
Good reviews from everyone.
I wish I had seen this kind of robust reviews of several CC been used here in Nigeria it would have helped me make up my mind.
Unfortunately I had to rely on the reviews on Amazon Ebay and international fora before going for an Outback.

NiyiOmoIyunade:

Oga thank you for your numerous advice, I had to rely on several of ur numerous advices.

My Outback Flexmax daily production is between 10kwh to 14kwh from my 3.75kw PV array.
This is no mean feat especially when half of the day is raining here in Port Harcourt.

I will have to wait till December to know the maximum Kwh this unit can produce.

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Did I also add that my 3.6kw PV array is West facing and at a ~30° slope? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

nonoski:

Wow seems my comment on Outback Flexmax started a storm.
Good reviews from everyone.
I wish I had seen this kind of robust reviews of several CC been used here in Nigeria it would have helped me make up my mind.
Unfortunately I had to rely on the reviews on Amazon Ebay and international fora before going for an Outback.

Oga thank you for your numerous advice, I had to rely on several of ur numerous advices.

My Outback Flexmax daily production is between 10kwh to 14kwh from my 3.75kw PV array.
This is no mean feat especially when half of the day is raining here in Port Harcourt.

I will have to wait till December to know the maximum Kwh this unit can produce.

Thank you all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Congrats on your new CC Sir.

Welcome to the wonderful MS World.

Is that a Drok DC Amp meter I see there (2 pcs)? Please beware, though rated 100a and 75mV, the shunt metal is thin and tends to run hot at higher amperages - you will find the shunts on the Victron and Fangpusun clones much more substantial and ditto for the Trimetric.

If you are in the habit of passing high amps through the shunt, it will get very hot and there will be losses - anything over 60a you may need to upgrade to a more robust DC meter. Also, the meter is not bidirectional so I guess that is why you have 2 units to separately monitor amps in and amps out of battery. Further, it does not auto reset the energy count at full charge or at end of day.

For the meantime, it is a cheap and reliable way to get into monitoring amps in and out of a battery bank

Thanks.
Mine is actually Bayite version sold off amazon with excellent reviews (about 896) and rated Amazon's choice.
And yes, I am aware it doesn't measure reverse current; that's why you saw two. And I do not intend to use it for daily statistics;
I only got it to see whats happening to my batteries; every now and then; when I take a peek. That's all.
I already have the AC version which I use for real-time load draw measurement from the inverter (on the AC side of things).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
My Oga.

The best way to look at this is to think of the total power in the system. I will assume the panels are operating at their nominal voltages 12v and 24v respectively and that you can also access the 100% rated power of the panels and CC is 100% efficient too and finally that a 12v battery charges at a constant 12v grin

2 units of 12v 200w solar panels in series will give you 400w at 24v. PV side current is 16.66a at 24v while passing it through an MPPT CC attached to a 12v battery you get 2 times the current at the battery side so 33.33a but same power/wattage of 400w

1 unit 200w 24v panel will give 8.33a at the PV side and 16.66a at the 12v battery side using an MPPT CC.

In a PWM setting charging a 12v battery, you will lose half of the power when you have two panels in series to make 400w 24v since the PWM cannot convert excess voltage to useful current but if charging a 24v battery bank you can pass through the entire 400w.

Those are my thoughts at a high level. I could be wrong. Please let me know what you think too.

totalgreen01:
hi,
would like to understand further

what happens if we use 2 x 200w 12v in series and we flush it down an MPPT, then we do 1 x 200w 24v and flush it down mppt, all flushed down to 12v via mppt, what would the cumulative fraction(ratio) of current be between both, lets say in one "average weather" day.

or

we use 2 x 200w 12v in series and we flush it down an PWM, then we do 1 x 200w 24v and flush it down PWM, all flushed down to 24v via PWM, would we get the same current coming out?

well i assume panels from the same manufacturer etc.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You got my ribs cracking.
Barezzi:
grin grin
Truly, Outback is a very useless CC.I used a hammer on mine out of annoyance angry
In bright sunlight, the useless device was "sleeping"! I forced bulk, it worked for a few minutes and promptly went back to sleep.

There was nothing i didn't try. Spent countless man-hours poring through several "solutions" that never worked.
In exasperation, i took out my trusted hammer and promptly put it out of it's misery angry

The Fangpusun, Chinese clone, seems a more reliable device. I have 2 gathering dust in my workshop...I may consider putting them up for sale.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:24am On Jul 05, 2018
We are sounding like toyota users
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dgr8truth(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
totalgreen01:
looking good

Bros afar na, you leave me for one corner abi, nor be so o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by surrogatesng: 8:15am On Jul 05, 2018
Flames 150w monocrystaline solar panels for sale.Price is 27,000 Naira.Call 08170368264 .Location is Lagos.Call today

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1732) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: rajo4real(m), Peterlove11, eghos12(m), foonshur(m), ajabani4allah(m), chymer(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.