Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2295299 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1809) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
viazi:
@ Richmond
Thanks, the prag is a gel battery, is ok with my Luminous 1.5kva?
I think @richmond will answer "yes"
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Please where did you get the inverter?

tundebabzy:
If you haven't already gotten the luminous inverter, why not go for Tripp Lite? I bought the APSX series (1000w modified sine wave for 53k). Its got in-built equalizer and 3 stage charger. If you buy the components separately you might end up paying more and then you have the headache of maintaining 2 or 3 separate units instead of 1.

Just my 2 kobo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
rodgers: Please where did you get the inverter?

konga.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AYME: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please house, Can anyone explain this Log File to me
Date
Event
Hour Meter
Maximum output power Watt
Amp Hours
Watt Hours

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks

tundebabzy:
konga.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 11:03am On Aug 03, 2014
AYME: Please house, Can anyone explain this Log File to me
Date
Event
Hour Meter
Maximum output power Watt
Amp Hours
Watt Hours

For proper analysis of your data, can you please provide following info:

Batter spec - cycle voltage, standby voltage, amp rating, and number of batteries.

Since you are running 24v system, with your minimum voltage mostly going below 21v, there is potential that your are draining the batteries 50% DOD.

The experts in the house will shed more lights on this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AYME: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
salam12:
For proper analysis of your data, can you please provide following info:
Batter spec - cycle voltage, standby voltage, amp rating, and number of batteries.
Since you are running 24v system, with your minimum voltage mostly going below 21v, there is potential that your are draining the batteries 50% DOD.
The experts in the house will shed more lights on this.

Find below available info

Vol 12v
Ah 190
No: 4

Others attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ All,

Thanks for the support thus far. I powered on my Luminous 1.5KVA with 2 PRAG GEL batteries today. The Inverter has a setting for Unregulated charging and Regulated/Smart Charge, I set it to SMART CHARGE, Is this Ok for my PRAG Batteries?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Someone help where to get a 2.5kva inverter with 24v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2014
viazi: @ All,

Thanks for the support thus far. I powered on my Luminous 1.5KVA with 2 PRAG GEL batteries today. The Inverter has a setting for Unregulated charging and Regulated/Smart Charge, I set it to SMART CHARGE, Is this Ok for my PRAG Batteries?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ All,

Thanks in advance.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pls I need price for solar panel BTW 130w-200w, charge controller 20amps, 100ah deep cycle battery, 36w led bulb. Pls its urgent.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
bodejohn:

It is still available Oga George. I will send you a mail or betterstill I am still at bodejohn2005atyahoodotcom.

bodejohn,
ok. that's good to know.

sorry for the late reply (you could say i was held up in work - again!)

you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
GeorgeD1:

bodejohn,
ok. that's good to know.

sorry for the late reply (you could say i was held up in work - again!)

you got mail!

No problems...I have responded.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:54am On Aug 08, 2014
bodejohn:
No problems...I have responded.

bodejohn,
you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
GeorgeD1:

bodejohn,
you got mail!

I have done the needful...waiting for your response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
bodejohn,

looks like we're getting somewhere fast.
you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
A question to the house.
I stay in Sokoto and the sunshine here is next to none regardless of the season (unless in December when it becomes lenient) with temperatures at a steady 30 to 40 degrees Celsius. I cant affort theses batteries you guys are buying bcoz im still an undergraduate under my mom.
I want to construct a panel myself and the solar cells are en route to my location from Sokoto also is a 1500w pure sine wave power inverter. But i want to know if I can connct it directly from the the panel to inverter from mayb 10am to 5am for my ice block business. The total wattage I'll be consuming will a 100w back in the days Samsung Tv, 200w Haier thermocool Freezer, 2 ceiling fans spinning at top speed and my 32w orton Sat Reciver.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
More like from my panel to charge controller to inverter. How possible?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 12:04am On Aug 10, 2014
guente02: A question to the house.
I stay in Sokoto and the sunshine here is next to none regardless of the season (unless in December when it becomes lenient) with temperatures at a steady 30 to 40 degrees Celsius. I cant affort theses batteries you guys are buying bcoz im still an undergraduate under my mom.
I want to construct a panel myself and the solar cells are en route to my location from Sokoto also is a 1500w pure sine wave power inverter. But i want to know if I can connct it directly from the the panel to inverter from mayb 10am to 5am for my ice block business. The total wattage I'll be consuming will a 100w back in the days Samsung Tv, 200w Haier thermocool Freezer, 2 ceiling fans spinning at top speed and my 32w orton Sat Reciver.
Thanks
You need batteries to connect to the inverter. My own inverter explicitly states that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2014

More like from my panel to charge
controller to inverter. How possible?

I have tried it. not possible
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2014
guente02: A question to the house.
Thanks
Perhaps an electrical engineer can grab this problem by the horn and create something. ..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2014
tundebabzy:
Perhaps an electrical engineer can grab this problem by the horn and create something. ..

tundebabzy,
there's really no need to re-invent the wheel. except your running a grid-tie system, you just can't rule out
using batteries. apart from being a store of energy, batteries also provide one important yet overlooked function:
they serve as a buffer for your inverter. this means that they guarantee a steady supply of current at controlled
voltage regardless of solar module output (much like a stabilizer - when you think ac voltage).

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2014
bodejohn,

brother, are you still game? i'm yet to get that call from you.
what's up?

kindly check your mailbox and revert.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
I bought a 1.4kva inverter. 2 pieces of 200ah battery. The product is MPOWER. So far it's been powering my home appliances without any challenge. The challenge I have now is that my area hardly have light from phcn which leaves me with no option than to charge my inverter with my generator. I'm tired of charging my inverter with generator. If I'm to go for solar, what size of solar panel & what size of mppt charge controller will I go for? pls gurus in the house I await ur reply
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
I bought a 1.4kva inverter. 2 pieces of 200ah battery. The product is MPOWER. So far it's been powering my home appliances without any challenge. The challenge I have now is that my area hardly have light from phcn which leaves me with no option than to charge my inverter with my generator. I'm tired of charging my inverter with generator. If I'm to go for solar, what size of solar panel & what size of mppt charge controller will I go for? pls gurus in the house I await ur reply.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
GeorgeD1: bodejohn,

brother, are you still game? i'm yet to get that call from you.
what's up?

kindly check your mailbox and revert.

I have been very busy lately...
Sure the game is on and I just saw your call for action...I will leave you a note and put the call through tomorrow.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obimind(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
obimind: I bought a 1.4kva inverter. 2 pieces of 200ah battery. The product is MPOWER. So far it's been powering my home appliances without any challenge. The challenge I have now is that my area hardly have light from phcn which leaves me with no option than to charge my inverter with my generator. I'm tired of charging my inverter with generator. If I'm to go for solar, what size of solar panel & what size of mppt charge controller will I go for? pls gurus in the house I await ur reply.
I am still expecting a reply. Pls help ur brother. I don't want to make a silly mistake when going for a solar system. Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ obimind:

You can start with 2 X 250W Solar Panels and 45A MPPT CC just in case you want to expand your system in the future.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
obimind:
I am still expecting a reply. Pls help ur brother. I don't want to make a silly mistake when going for a solar system. Thanks!
What is your consumption? I can help you calculate what your needs are if you can tell me what your consumption is. Is your system 12 or 24 Volts? This will limit the size of the panels you get. Give more details and we can advise
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
GeorgeD1:

tundebabzy,
there's really no need to re-invent the wheel. except your running a grid-tie system, you just can't rule out
using batteries. apart from being a store of energy, batteries also provide one important yet overlooked function:
they serve as a buffer for your inverter. this means that they guarantee a steady supply of current at controlled
voltage regardless of solar module output (much like a stabilizer - when you think ac voltage).

You can't run a grid tied system in Nigeria.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
tundebabzy:

You need to buy an inverter that will work directly off the DC loads that your panels produce. Your panels have to match your inverter. So if you have have a 12 V inverter, your panels have to be 12V as well. It is doable. Go on YouTube and you will find examples.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1809) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: kindlyheart, swagifted(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.