Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2068737 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2014
who can recommend a 1.5kva to 2.5kva inverter, not more than 70k, than displays %charge and battery % remaining. afriend waants to try something else.was using Luminous but got burnt due to overloading
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Here is the completed installation of 51panels (265w each) on one roof.
The whole installation took a total of 6hrs. 4hrs on day 1 n 2hrs on day 2.

By my experience that roof material is the worst experience I've ever had - asbestos roof. it's so fragile and made the job duration longer than necessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 28, 2014
richmon74: Here is the completed installation of 51panels (265w each) on one roof.
The whole installation took a total of 6hrs. 4hrs on day 1 n 2hrs on day 2.

By my experience that roof material is the worst experience I've ever had - asbestos roof. it's so fragile and made the job duration longer than necessary.
Nice 1...
What about the inclination of the panels??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
fntekim:
Nice 1...

there is nothing to worry about the inclination. it's is perfect.

we have seen 6000w output from the 5300w on the other roof many times. that's is what happens when u use good quality products. Like in this case, Solarworld Solar panels on an SMA charge controller

you can get more updates on this installation on our fb page 'PBASE Solar'

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Even the physical design of the Solarworld solar panels is so rugged that it was safer to stand on it than on the fragile roof. Try that on any other panel you will know what's called value 4 your money.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Don't know if you guys have noticed but there has been a sharp improvement in public power supply this past week. I think its time to give solar a break for the meantime or better still use it as backup power supply. What do you think?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by YoungBrain: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
@tivta
Don't know if you guys have noticed but there has been a sharp improvement in public power supply this past week. I think its time to give solar a break for the meantime or better still use it as backup power supply. What do you think?

na film trick.
We have seen "improvements" that do not last so many times.
Upgrade your alternative energy sources if you have the means to do so
because you would still need it sometimes for as long as 1 month at a stretch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2014
[/color]
tivta: Don't know if you guys have noticed but there has been a sharp improvement in public power supply this past week. I think its time to give solar a break for the meantime or better still use it as backup power supply. What do you think?
[color=#006600]

That stability must be area dependent! The total PHCN supply in my area in the last 1 month has been less than 1 week!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barcholder: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2014
fntekim:
Nice 1...

Good installation pictures, and quite a large installation too of 13.5KW or thereabouts. We have just completed the installation of a 20KW system for a Filling Station in Abuja - 80 x 250 watt panels.

Pictures below.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Barcholder:

Good installation pictures, and quite a large installation too of 13.5KW or thereabouts. We have just completed the installation of a 20KW system for a Filling Station in Abuja - 80 x 250 watt panels.

Pictures below.
Can u upload daytime pics?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:57am On Sep 02, 2014
Barcholder:

Pictures below.

That's good news. Solar awareness is growing.
But you are showing us the picture of the filling station only. You should show is the picture of the solar system instead
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 5:22am On Sep 02, 2014
here is a simple 8.6kw system we just did for a residence in lagos.
Rate the installation.

it runs on a 1202Ah 48v trojan INDV17 Batteries and a 6.36kW (24×265W) Solarworld solar Panels.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
richmon74: here is a simple 8.6kw system we just did for a residence in lagos.
Rate the installation.

it runs on a 1202Ah 48v trojan INDV17 Batteries and a 6.36kW (24×265W) Solarworld solar Panels.

Beautiful!! Na money!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HesInMe: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Could one bring in, as checked luggage on a flight, some of these solar power units (controller, batteries, inverter)?

I'm a newbie to this solar power thing but currently completing a house in a place in Abuja where power supply isn't that great and looking to install a solar power unit in the new house. I'm visiting the US now, and was wondering if I should buy the stuff there.

Also, any guidance as to the best brands for these units would be helpful.

Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 12:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Yes you can. I brought in a high frequency Inverter in May. You can't bring batteries. US voltage is 110V so when you buy make sure you are buying an Inverter that supports 220 / 230 Volts.

HesInMe: Could one bring in, as checked luggage on a flight, some of these solar power units (controller, batteries, inverter)?

I'm a newbie to this solar power thing but currently completing a house in a place in Abuja where power supply isn't that great and looking to install a solar power unit in the new house. I'm visiting the US now, and was wondering if I should buy the stuff there.

Also, any guidance as to the best brands for these units would be helpful.

Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 10:56am On Sep 04, 2014
let us continue to keep the thread busy by posting some of our neatly done installations.

It's a 4.3kw Sole inverter system with

Magnum MS4348PE inverter
Magnum ME-RC50 Remote
48v 410AH Trojan L16RE Lead-acid batteries
breakers and bypass switch

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nice. Keep them coming
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HesInMe: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
By "sole inverter system" you mean without solar panels, or just one solo inverter? I'm trying to figure out what to start with, and I was wondering if this is the basic start-up kit, essentially. Forgive my limited knowledge. Newbie here...

richmon74: let us continue to keep the thread busy by posting some of our neatly done installations.

It's a 4.3kw Sole inverter system with

Magnum MS4348PE inverter
Magnum ME-RC50 Remote
48v 410AH Trojan L16RE Lead-acid batteries
breakers and bypass switch
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2014
HesInMe: By "sole inverter system" you mean without solar panels, or just one solo inverter? I'm trying to figure out what to start with, and I was wondering if this is the basic start-up kit, essentially. Forgive my limited knowledge. Newbie here...

Yes there is no solar panels that's why you didn't see charge controller in the setup.
The client lives in an environment that has reasonable public power supply and would add solar panels should the system change. That is why we went extra miles to give him standard products so that he wont be needing to change anything should he decide to add solar in future.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 150k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 32k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

JOY SOLAR MONO & POLYCRYSTALLINE PANELS (12v 80w to 24v 290w) ...........now available

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hisenjos: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
kiekie1: HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 150k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 32k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
@ all
pls which one is beter out of mustpower 3.5 and mercury 3.5.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
@Bode4real, lemme quickly chip in one or two things kk
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
@Bode4real, must power is rated 3000w which is higher than Mercury "2500w" ... Must power & mecury had same charging current"70a". But d modernized/new model mecury has just 25a charging current ... Mercury 3.5kva old stock of 70a isn't in market again for now, bluegete which is an alternative reduced there charging current to 50a now ... Dial-up 08135031951 for detailed enquiry, Thanks !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
kiekie1: @Bode4real, must power is rated 3000w which is higher than Mercury "2500w" ... Must power & mecury had same charging current"70a". But d modernized/new model mecury has just 25a charging current ... Mercury 3.5kva old stock of 70a isn't in market again for now, bluegete which is an alternative reduced there charging current to 50a now ... Dial-up 08135031951 for detailed enquiry, Thanks !!
thx for the info, I appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
bode4real:
thx for the info, I appreciate
Am grateful Bro !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HesInMe: 3:29am On Sep 15, 2014
Please has anyone had a serious issue with the theft of installed solar panels? What stops robbers from taking them off the roof/platforms and reselling? How does one prevent that/make theft more difficult?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2014
@Heisinme....its quite probable, though a dim possibilty, unless its in a remote/unattended location............its not just worth the stress..........climbing up the roof, dismantling panels no be beans...n how much would one even sell the panels?...

its just like stealing tyres off a parked car, its not a common crime nowadays...how much would u sell the tires?..and u face possible lynching and burning if caught.

if its in a residential area....go ahead and install ur pnels.....[make sure its on the roof of a normal building with normal hieght, u wudnt want it too low to tempt robbers..............

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2014
earthrealm: @Heisinme....its quite probable, though a dim possibilty, unless its in a remote/unattended location............its not just worth the stress..........climbing up the roof, dismantling panels no be beans...n how much would one even sell the panels?...

its just like stealing tyres off a parked car, its not a common crime nowadays...how much would u sell the tires?..and u face possible lynching and burning if caught.

if its in a residential area....go ahead and install ur pnels.....[make sure its on the roof of a normal building with normal hieght, u wudnt want it too low to tempt robbers..............

I have even come across a fallen solar panels pole with 4 130w solar panels on a road side which has been there for like 2 months now and no thief is thinking that direction. The stuff is in a very comfortable place that someone could just walk in and dismantle the panels by just loosening few bolts in the night but i wonder why the haven't.

Be very sure that the'll possibly go for battery faster.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Guys y are LED Bulbs so expensive naa? . the Cheapest I have seen in Abuja here is 1k for 5 watts. But the wattage is interesting sha. I just replaced 2 Units of 45 watts energy saving bulbs with 2 units of 5 watts LED
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TSHIRT2: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
PLS CAN ANY MEMBER OF D HOUSE HELP,I NEED 4OAMP MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER OF ANY GOOD BRAND WITH FAIR PRIZE EITHER LOCALLY OR ONLINE.I NEED IT FOR MY 500W SOLAR PANEL WITH ROOM 4 FUTURE UPGRADE.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=TSHIRT2]PLS CAN ANY MEMBER OF D HOUSE HELP,I NEED 4OAMP MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER OF ANY GOOD BRAND WITH FAIR PRIZE EITHER LOCALLY OR ONLINE.I NEED IT FOR MY 500W SOLAR PANEL WITH ROOM 4 FUTURE UPGRADE. [/quot

40A Tracer MPPT Charge Controller + Meter (12v/24v)
Ping me if interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m), Bgee77 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.