Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2084463 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (1705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
GeorgeD1:
all,

a while ago, i decided to put my sukam to the test just to confirm it is still in good working condition. i hadn't really had the
chance to try it out ever since the faulty cooler fan was replaced. results? well, i was quite impressed that the old work horse
was back and kicking! needless to say, it is a welcome relief to know that i can always fall back to its use should in case the
magnum decides to behave funny.

i ran it over a week without any issues before putting it back in the cooler.

pics below:

Oga George D1! Many thanks for this! U got mail ,though a key question already answered! !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
durodee,

I got your mail and will reply soon.
meanwhile I'm glad some of your questions are already being answered.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 8:41am On Oct 13, 2014
who can recommend a good lightning protector for inverter/solar panel system, need one asap
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
RipVanWink:
who can recommend a good lightning protector for inverter/solar panel system, need one asap

What you need is a MidNite Solar SPD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkeFYuHxJoU
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2014
RipVanWink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B64V_FZBFQ
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
kiekie1:
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 160k

SAFE POWER 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave indian inverter .... @20k "company used with warranty seal"

BLUEGATE 1kva 12v pure sinewave power inverter.....@25k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 30k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

3. MECURY deep cycle agm batteries 12v 200a "Korea"..... @ 45k

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS
Please do you have the Trojan L16 410ah batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
durodee,

kindly check your mailbox.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
DUNKA:
Please do you have the Trojan L16 410ah batteries?

Yes. My mobile line is always available, THANKS !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
kiekie1:

Yes. My mobile line is always available, THANKS !!
please what is d price?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
can anybody help with the password to this charge controller? no password was provided in the manual and device is requesting for password before i can change the parameters. Those of you who are familiar with this screen shot should help

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
GeorgeD1:
durodee,

kindly check your mailbox.
Thanks ++++
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MiCasa: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Mr. Newbie here. I have read so much from this forum that I consider it my solar-reference-library, albeit I learned a lot especially from the likes of George_D, Richmon74 and others, there are some that I am still confused about. Without wanting to clog the progressive wheel of this forum too much, I need help with a little dilemma that is bugging me.

I have had (almost a year now) Su-Kam 5kva/96v pure sine wave inverter with charging current of 10A to a Saturn battery bank of eight (cool 12v200ah connected in series.

While I always wanted hybrid renewable energy with solar array the cost of PV has kept me at bay. Solarpanelstore.com has SolarWorld Sunmodule 275w at $279 (N46,872) plus shipping and that has gotten me seriously thinking to add solar panels to my system.

My concern/confusion are as follows:

1. Are there other sources of lower priced quality solar panels?

2. How many of the 275w panels (if that’s the best I can get) do I need for my 19,200ah battery bank?

3. How many panels do I connect in a string of series or parallel?

4. Considering that the inverter is 96v, what size, type of Mppt Charge Controller do I need to complement my system?

Much appreciated.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 5:41am On Oct 18, 2014
[quote author=MiCasa post=27217722]Mr. Newbie here. I have read so much from this forum that I consider it my solar-reference-library, albeit I learned a lot especially from the likes of George_D, Richmon74 and others, there are some that I am still confused about. Without wanting to clog the progressive wheel of this forum too much, I need help with a little dilemma that is bugging me.

I have had (almost a year now) Su-Kam 5kva/96v pure sine wave inverter with charging current of 10A to a Saturn battery bank of eight (cool 12v200ah connected in series.

While I always wanted hybrid renewable energy with solar array the cost of PV has kept me at bay. Solarpanelstore.com has SolarWorld Sunmodule 275w at $279 (N46,872) plus shipping and that has gotten me seriously thinking to add solar panels to my system.

1. Are there other sources of lower priced quality solar panels? SolarWorld is the best however, there are other brands out there that are good too. Renogy is good and a little cheaper.

2. How many of the 275w panels (if that’s the best I can get) do I need for my 19,200ah battery bank? You would need about 9 x 275W panels for your battery bank.

3. How many panels do I connect in a string of series or parallel? 3 x 3

4. Considering that the inverter is 96v, what size, type of Mppt Charge Controller do I need to complement my system? Its very rare to find a 96V MPPT charge controller except for chinese CC. You would need 96V 30A MPPT Charge Controller.

Let me know if you need anything
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 7:52am On Oct 18, 2014
MiCasa:
Mr. Newbie here. I have read so much from this forum that I consider it my solar-reference-library, albeit I learned a lot especially from the likes of George_D, Richmon74 and others, there are some that I am still confused about. Without wanting to clog the progressive wheel of this forum too much, I need help with a little dilemma that is bugging me.

1. Are there other sources of lower priced quality solar panels?

2. How many of the 275w panels (if that’s the best I can get) do I need for my 19,200ah battery bank?

3. How many panels do I connect in a string of series or parallel?

4. Considering that the inverter is 96v, what size, type of Mppt Charge Controller do I need to complement my system?

Much appreciated.

I will attempt the answers serially;

1. I believe you can only get 275w Sunmodule solar panels at that price either by MIRACLE or by MAGIC. Solarworld is still the best value for your money since (as you can get from my previous posts) you can get a yield of more than 100%. There are other cheaper products in the market which you can work with though.

2. For you to effectively charge your 19,200WH (not 19200ah) battery bank from 0-100% within the available 5hrs of sunlight in a day you will ideally need 14 piece of the 275w panels. You must bear in mind that the max charging current of your battery must not be exceeded. Also for tolerance sake you might want to add 2 - 4 more panels to take care of the load in the house that'll run during the day. With this quantity you can live off grid.

3. This depends on your charge controller input voltage specifications and the panel's open cct voltage. You will definitely not be limited to 3 panels in series string especially considering the voltage involved in your system.

4. There is no premium products manufacturer that offers that voltage spec for charge controller.
There are tons of them available from china as c0ogumo already said but you need to be extra careful. You might want to try out the popular ZODORE on Amazon.

NB: If you eventually get the solarworld Sunmodule panels at $279 landing price in Nigeria please let me know and I'll buy off their remaining quantity but if you are unable we can offer you the best prices for our 255w and 265w Sunmodule. We still have this believe that our prices are the best in the world until someone proofs us wrong
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
@micasa...am also interested in the panels if it can land naija @that price...i doubt..cos shipping n clearing to naija will gulp extra 200usd or so per panel...bought renogy panels from usa sometime ago..n loaded them inside a car i was shipping...still at that naija customs still charged me some good dough 4 clearing.....brainless id.iots....the govt cant produce power 4 her citizens then the same govt slams a high import duty on alternative energy products...that the citizens want to use to help themselves.....smh

just like the time i heard fashola wanted to start charging Generator tax.... thank goodness saner minds talked to him.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!!!

We are offering a huge discount on our Solarworld Sunmodule SW255 (255W) Mono-crystalline Solar Panels.

You can get it for as low as NGN51,000.00 per panels depending on quantity

Contact us now for pricing on various quantities

Phone/Whatsapp: 08023033135
email: contact@pbasesolar.com
bbm pin: 7950AD1E
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2014
that is good news
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MiCasa: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Thank you all for the answers to my questions. With your help I will celebrate independence from Phcn and noisy gas guzzling gen.

@c0ogumo:
Considering that the inverter is 96v, what size, type of Mppt Charge Controller do I need to complement my system? [i]Its very rare to find a 96V MPPT charge controller except for chinese CC. You would need 96V 30A MPPT Charge Controller.

Why the 30A MPPT and not higher or lower charging amp. Please enlighten on that. While searching the net, I came across this smart (their claim) MPPT Charge Controller. http://www.wipanda.com/EN/productdetail.aspx?piid=306. I would appreciate it if I could get forum members opinions on it.

@Richmon74:
Thanks for the correction on my 19200wh battery bank. The listed price for Sunmodule 275w at solarlanelstore.com is [b]$297 [/b]and not $279, my mistake. That is FOB their warehouse and does not, of course, include shipping to Nigeria. You recommended 14 to 18 x275w but I want to start with half, that is 9 and add-on later. I didn't know that you sell Solarworld panels. If I cannot get the 275w from you for your "world's best price", at what price can I get the 265w?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MiCasa: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
@George_D
Pls, how can I get couple of Battery Life Saver, like the one you have and a lightning/surge protector. I think the BLS should work on a 96v system like mine.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:25am On Oct 23, 2014
@ MiCasa if you scroll up a little you will see a screen shot of the controller you are looking for. i still have one. i have all the information you are looking for, i will post it here later

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MiCasa: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
@JUO:
The I-Panda MPPT CC that I refer to is the I-P-MSC-96V/30A series pictured below. Sorry that the link I attached previously opens in Chinese. However, try www.wipanda.com, go to Product, then MPPT Charge Controller and click on the 96v 30A.

[img][/img]

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
MiCasa:
Thank you all for the answers to my questions. With your help I will celebrate independence from Phcn and noisy gas guzzling gen.

@c0ogumo:
Considering that the inverter is 96v, what size, type of Mppt Charge Controller do I need to complement my system? [i]Its very rare to find a 96V MPPT charge controller except for chinese CC. You would need 96V 30A MPPT Charge Controller.

Why the 30A MPPT and not higher or lower charging amp. Please enlighten on that. While searching the net, I came across this smart (their claim) MPPT Charge Controller. http://www.wipanda.com/EN/productdetail.aspx?piid=306. I would appreciate it if I could get forum members opinions on it.

@Richmon74:
Thanks for the correction on my 19200wh battery bank. The listed price for Sunmodule 275w at solarlanelstore.com is [b]$297 [/b]and not $279, my mistake. That is FOB their warehouse and does not, of course, include shipping to Nigeria. You recommended 14 to 18 x275w but I want to start with half, that is 9 and add-on later. I didn't know that you sell Solarworld panels. If I cannot get the 275w from you for your "world's best price", at what price can I get the 265w?

@MiCasa
My calculation was based on 50 - 60% DOD of your battery bank and 5 hrs of Sunlight every day. If you are going to discharge your battery bank deeper than 60% then you can go with richmon74 (14-18 Panels).
For 9 panels of 275W
9 x 275W = 2475W
2475W/96V = 25.78 Amps....I would say go for 30A MPPT Charge Controller.

For 18 Panels of 275W
18 x 275W = 4950W
4950W/96V = 51.5625 Amps....I would say go for 60A or ( 2 x 30A) MPPT Charge Controller
If you check the specs of the 30A I-Panda, the Max PV input 3400W which is about 12 x 275W panels.

I have few MidNite Solar Lightning Arrestors MNSPD-115 and MNSPD-300

You can Ping me
Whatsapp:973-204-1296
BBM PIN: 79395A2D
email: molley4real@hotmail.com

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MiCasa: 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
@c0ogumo:
Wow! Very educational in CC, I am enlightened. "You live, you learn" and have learned how to size CC amp. Thanks. I am interested in getting one of your Arrestors but want to secure the panels and CC first.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2014
MiCasa:

@Richmon74:

We have Solarworld Sunmodule SW255 (255W) & SW265 (265W) available for now at very good prices.

You can use our contacts on my last post above to reach us if you need it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
MiCasa:
@George_D
Pls, how can I get couple of Battery Life Saver, like the one you have and a lightning/surge protector. I think the BLS should work on a 96v system like mine.

hello micasa,
the battery life saver (bls) was purchased for me by totalgreen (one of our good members here).
you can contact him through this tread if you need one.
for the lightning protector, i am still in the process of procuring one. but if you'd want a fast track
process, i suggest you contact richmon74 - another good member of this thread.

note: for a 96v system, you'd need two bls of 48v connected to the battery bank in series.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Unionised(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2014
richmon74:
let us continue to keep the thread busy by posting some of our neatly done installations.

It's a 4.3kw Sole inverter system with

Magnum MS4348PE inverter
Magnum ME-RC50 Remote
48v 410AH Trojan L16RE Lead-acid batteries
breakers and bypass switch

Hello,
Can you give me a breakdown and cost of installing for a small household:

Total consumption less than 1,000watts.
I want magnum inverter and Trojan batteries.
A system that I can integrate solar panels to at a later date.
A system that can power twice my energy needs.
That can sustain for at least 12 hours at 70% charge.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 10:40am On Oct 26, 2014
richmon74:

We have Solarworld Sunmodule SW255 (255W) & SW265 (265W) available for now at very good prices.

You can use our contacts on my last post above to reach us if you need it.
Please how much for d 265 panels and d L16 410ah trojans?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2014
Unionised:

Hello,
Can you give me a breakdown and cost of installing for a small household:

Total consumption less than 1,000watts.
I want magnum inverter and Trojan batteries.
A system that I can integrate solar panels to at a later date.
A system that can power twice my energy needs.
That can sustain for at least 12 hours at 70% charge.
Thanks.

Hi Unionised and DUNKA
We don't discus prices on this thread because of some reasons.

One reason is that this thread is actually a DIY forum and not a market place. We only post our work here to inspire and encourage people in renewable energy. Also we share some of our experiences as part of our humanitarian services to help ppl who want to install solar by themselves to learn.

The second reason is that there are a lot of factors that we consider before we give you price. factors like location, mount type, your energy needs and lots of other factors . This is why we always advice you to contact us outside this thread using any of our supplied contacts. We will help you achieve an efficient system at a comfortable price.

One more reason we don't post our prices is that most of our suppliers do not permit us to post them since our prices are far below their own advertised prices. Our discounts was primarily meant for our installations not for sale so we are offering you those ridiculously low prices just to encourage you so we can make our money if you need us to install for you. As such the don't want to look as if the are doing favoritism because most of them monitor this thread.

Lastly, our prices keeps coming down and we don't want our previous clients to feel they would've waited or that we weren't considering them.

If you are still interested you can use any of our contacts below to get to use and we will make sure that you can't get any better offer somewhere else.

phone| whatsapp: 08023033135
BBM PIN: 7950AD1E

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Unionised(m): 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
richmon74:

Hi Unionised and DUNKA
We don't discus prices on this thread because of some reasons.

One reason is that this thread is actually a DIY forum and not a market place. We only post our work here to inspire and encourage people in renewable energy. Also we share some of our experiences as part of our humanitarian services to help ppl who want to install solar by themselves to learn.

The second reason is that there are a lot of factors that we consider before we give you price. factors like location, mount type, your energy needs and lots of other factors . This is why we always advice you to contact us outside this thread using any of our supplied contacts. We will help you achieve an efficient system at a comfortable price.

One more reason we don't post our prices is that most of our suppliers do not permit us to post them since our prices are far below their own advertised prices. Our discounts was primarily meant for our installations not for sale so we are offering you those ridiculously low prices just to encourage you so we can make our money if you need us to install for you. As such the don't want to look as if the are doing favoritism because most of them monitor this thread.

Lastly, our prices keeps coming down and we don't want our previous clients to feel they would've waited or that we weren't considering them.

If you are still interested you can use any of our contacts below to get to use and we will make sure that you can't get any better offer somewhere else.

phone| whatsapp: 08023033135
BBM PIN: 7950AD1E

ok sir!
Will contact you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
@MiCasa beware of that thing, don't say you were not warned. unless you have money to throw around. I i'm saying this out of experience

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (1705) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.