Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,480 members, 7,865,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Shell Facility Blown Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Facility Blown Up (1775 Views)

Nigerian Army Engineers Reconstruct Bridge Blown Up By Boko Haram / Casket-carrying Protesters Lay Siege To Shell Facility In Bayelsa / Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell Facility Blown Up by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:57am On Feb 01, 2010
Barely an hour after the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta called off its ceasefire, a major Shell Petroleum Development Corporation’s pipeline was sabotaged in Bayelsa State, report said on Sunday.

A security source said the pipeline was blown up at Ogbotubo community.

The source said the damaged facility spilled crude in the area, thereby causing environmental hazard, adding that the SPDC had been alerted on the incident.

When contacted, SPDC’s spokesman, Precious Okolobo confirmed the sabotage. He said, “A leak was observed yesterday morning (January 30) on the Trans Ramos Pipeline in our Western operations.

“An investigation team comprising regulators, communities, security agencies and SPDC personnel discovered that the spill was caused by sabotage. Some flowstations which produced into the line have been shutdown, as a result of which the leak was stopped.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201002015464115
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by trueword: 5:01am On Feb 01, 2010
wow. it looks like the militants are showing that they mean business and that the cease fire is really over.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Beaf: 5:21am On Feb 01, 2010
"Our message to the Northern Sultans and Emirs is this: The period of exploiting the Niger Delta is coming to an end. It is not the birth right of your people to rule the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

"The war is just beginning and by the time it ends, Nigeria will practice true federalism such as fiscal federalism which will benefit the entire populace. Let your people brace themselves to develop their resources and such a bold change will be remembered," Jomo Gbomo, MEND's spokesman said in an electronic mail on Sunday.

The threat came a few hours after the Special Adviser to the Rivers State Governor on Budget, Austin Ngor, was kidnapped and moved to an unknown destination.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200905181144.html

May 2009.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by SEFAGO(m): 5:31am On Feb 01, 2010
Wow these militants are idiots. If you cannot keep your word, how can you negotiate undecided
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by trueword: 5:42am On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

Wow these militants are idiots. If you cannot keep your word, how can you negotiate undecided

Why can't the Fed. govt keep its word and stop dragging its feet on action that would help the area and stop any militancy? They have been lying for decades that they would take care of the area's needs.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by SEFAGO(m): 5:43am On Feb 01, 2010
trueword:

Why can't the Fed. govt keep its word and stop dragging its feet on action that would help the area and stop any militancy? They have been lying for decades that they would take care of the area's needs.

What exactly are the demands of the MEND terrorists?

Oh by the way it was "called off its cease fire" so I misinterpreted and spoke prematurely, the s.t.u.pid statement blame is on me
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Beaf: 5:56am On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

Oh by the way it was "called off its cease fire" so I misinterpreted and spoke prematurely, the s.t.u.pid statement blame is on me

Why comment if you don't even know their demands?
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by trueword: 5:58am On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well they have agitating for greater resource control because they feel that all the government has ever done is to carry the wealth from that area away and not rewarded the area for being the place where the wealth is gotten.  Even if the Fed. govt. didn't want to give them more control, they could have started to develop the area. If these militants saw that all of a sudden many roads networks, rail networks, etc where being built then I don't think they will be making any noise. The cure for that area is simply development. And then the Fed. govt sends out JTF over there to fight them, so they know the Fed. govt doesn't want to address the problem.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Beaf: 6:03am On Feb 01, 2010
trueword:

Well they have agitating for greater resource control because they feel that all the government has ever done is to carry the wealth from that area away and not rewarded the area for being the place where the wealth is gotten.  Even if the Fed. govt. didn't want to give them more control, they could have started to develop the area. If these militants saw that all of a sudden many roads networks, rail networks, etc where being built then I don't think they will be making any noise. The cure for that area is simply development. And then the Fed. govt sends out JTF over there to fight them, so they know the Fed. govt doesn't want to address the problem.

Thank you, MEND is asking for true federalism (resource control is only a consequence).

@Sefago
. . .After spending $3 billion to arm the JTF.
Would $3 billion not have gone a very long way to providing infrastructure on the land the FG has siezed for oil production?
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by WilyWily5: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

the words of a Parasite, Ode
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
So these i d i o t s are on the loose again,can someone call them to order,please
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by WilyWily5: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2010
Another Ode
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
A demonic ode
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
I forgot you guys are militants too.awon omo ale
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by WilyWily5: 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2010
The cry of Western Parasites, Oloshi people
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by OvieE: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

You stupid idiot, don't ever call me fellow Southerners MEND terrorists. They are fighting for a good cost unlike fucking Northerners who are terrorists killing each other in the name of worshipping devil Islam called religion.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
Activists dont carry arms,so i wonder what justice all these arm robbers/kidnappers are canvassing for.my heart broke when i saw their nuisance on cnn this morning.i was embarrassed at the level of notoriety going in the niger delta and the negative effect these i d i o t i c attitudes of these illiterate have caused us as a nation
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by hatch: 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Bluetooth

Don't waste your time trying to have a discussion with these delusional Idi.ots called Southern Mend Apologists.

When clowns like Wily Wily ,OvieE and Beaf will always bring tribalistic sentiments into any discussion will always blame it on the North or Islam. The sad truth is your people are the enemies of your self and its obvious that you are blinded with your so-called hatred to see beyond the current picture.

Bloody Red Necks tongue
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by snowdrops(m): 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2010
hatch#:

@Bluetooth

Don't waste your time trying to have a discussion with these delusional Idi.ots called Southern Mend Apologists.

When clowns like Wily Wily ,OvieE and Beaf will always bring tribalistic sentiments into any discussion will always blame it on the North or Islam. The sad truth is your people are the enemies of your self and its obvious that you are blinded with your so-called hatred to see beyond the current picture.

Bloody Red Necks tongue
Completely spot on
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by stiyke(m): 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
Thats count one.
The federal Gov is moving JTF to abuja, are they running?? http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/01/presidency-orders-security-beef-up-in-abuja/ nawa oohh serious dark clouds on the horizon.
MEND pls dont stop over some useless promises this time.
I wish more nigerians hav guts like MEND ,
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by hatch: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
stiyke:

Thats count one.
[/b]The federal Gov is moving JTF to abuja, are they running?? http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/01/presidency-orders-security-beef-up-in-abuja/ nawa oohh serious dark clouds on the horizon.
[b]MEND pls dont stop over some useless promises this time.

I wish more nigerians hav guts like MEND ,

Ok,you wish more Nigerians can have guts like MEND ! And lead a revolution or what ? You see it is people like you that give the JTF opportunity to level and bombard your villages. When people like you make loose canon statements that you and i know will only lead to more chaos for your peps. I bet that JTF will give you the fight that you are so much looking for. tongue

Lets see who will loose at the end of the day. undecided Na your land dem go level not mine in the middle belt.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Beaf: 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
“It’s going to be much, much worse, because people are angry,” says Okah. While MEND units focused their energies on oil production in the Cross Rivers States, it has now sent out 100 separate militant groups of 50 men in each group. “Kidnapping will still happen, but it will escalate. They will carry out attacks on land as well, and take the fight to the government. Officers will be targeted. Soldiers will be targeted. Police stations will be targeted. They will even go to the big hotels to kidnap people.”

The idea is to stretch the Nigerian Army’s capacity to fight and control territory.

“Even if they brought in 100,000 troops, it will be impossible to control an area the size of Scotland,” says Okah. “If we have mobile units of 50 men who are here today, and there tomorrow, how can they stop it? The Tamil Tigers [in Sri Lanka] fought for territory and to hold territory. We are blowing up oil pipelines in the middle of nowhere.”

“We actually control what Nigeria exports," chuckles Okah. "And there is nothing the Nigerian government can do about it.”

Henry Okah (MEND)
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by hatch: 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2010
Beaf:

“It’s going to be much, much worse, because people are angry,” says Okah. While MEND units focused their energies on oil production in the Cross Rivers States, it has now sent out 100 separate militant groups of 50 men in each group. “Kidnapping will still happen, but it will escalate. They will carry out attacks on land as well, and take the fight to the government. Officers will be targeted. Soldiers will be targeted. Police stations will be targeted. They will even go to the big hotels to kidnap people.”

The idea is to stretch the Nigerian Army’s capacity to fight and control territory.

“Even if they brought in 100,000 troops, it will be impossible to control an area the size of Scotland,” says Okah. “If we have mobile units of 50 men who are here today, and there tomorrow, how can they stop it? The Tamil Tigers [in Sri Lanka] fought for territory and to hold territory. We are blowing up oil pipelines in the middle of nowhere.”

“We actually control what Nigeria exports," chuckles Okah. "And there is nothing the Nigerian government can do about it.”

Henry Okah (MEND)

[size=28pt]Story Story !!!  wink [/size]

Next issue please  ,
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Beaf: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
hatch#:

@Bluetooth

Don't  waste your time trying to have a discussion with these delusional Idi.ots called Southern Mend Apologists.  

Bloody Red Necks  tongue

You are the delusional idi'ot. It is you Hausa/Fulani people that think Southern Nigeria is your piggy bank. Ole!
You people think Southern lives have no value, so whole ND communities were wiped out and razed to the ground in the past, just like your Maitatsine baboons burn churches each time a European in his far away country, abuses your prophet.

Bastar'ds.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Uche2nna(m): 3:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
hatch#:

[size=28pt]Story Story !!!  wink [/size]

Next issue please  ,

Its comments like this aimed at trivializing the issue that makes Nigeria fertile soil for militant groups like MEND.

You seem not to take them seriously but the irony is that the issues they are fighting for (or pretending to fight for) are issues that will be inimical to the existence of Nigeria as a country if not appropriately addressed.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by snowdrops(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
Beaf:

You are the delusional idi'ot. It is you Hausa/Fulani people that think Southern Nigeria is your piggy bank. Ole!
You people think Southern lives have no value, so whole ND communities were wiped out and razed to the ground in the past, just like your Maitatsine baboons burn churches each time a European in his far away country, abuses your prophet.

Bastar'ds.
@ Moderators
This is a vulgar, caustic and distasteful attack on a fellow NL
People have been banned for less serious offences; i wonder why Beaf keeps getting away with these
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Uche2nna(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2010
LOL @ Snowdrops,

U seem to have some sort of selective mechanism in operation right there.

Hatch posted this:

hatch#:

@Bluetooth

Bloody Red Necks tongue

U replied thus:

snowdrops:

Completely spot on

And now U are screaming blue murder about Beaf's rebuttal undecided

U need to take off ur selective glasses, mate.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by WilyWily5: 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2010
hatch#:

@Bluetooth

Bloody Red Necks  tongue
The only enemies i knew are the Corrupt Westerners and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani Parasites.

For Islam, Islam is the enemy of the World, the must be stopped by any means possible
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by edoyad(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
The same way they kill people and then come and start yarning genocide when There's retaliation. You think men remain docile forever ? Everyday for the thief . . . .
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by hatch: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
Wily+Wily:

The only enemies i knew are the Corrupt Westerners and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani Parasites.

For Islam, Islam is the enemy of the World, the must be stopped by any means possible

Wily Wily,Your outright hatred for islam speaks volumes. Did you loose a loved one in an attempt to burn a mosque or painting a caricature of the holy prophet tongue Which one is it ? You are quick to make references to islam as if the religion is responsible for the woes of the people of the ND.

Wake and see the light ! grin
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by WilyWily5: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2010
hatch#:

Wily Wily,Your outright hatred for islam speaks volumes. Did you loose a loved one in an attempt to burn a mosque or painting a caricature of the holy prophet tongue Which one is it ? You are quick to make references to islam as if the religion is responsible for the woes of the people of the ND.
Islam is Enemy of the World,
hatch#:

Wake and see the light ! grin
Look at this Mumu, you thought that am sleeping, when all around me are Moslem Terrorist.
Re: Shell Facility Blown Up by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
@hatch#
i dont seem to understand to understand why you are so much interested in joining the tribalists clique even if you though you aint really much sense to me.but i like to know what you mean by "red neck"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi Should Resign Now! / I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant / Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.