Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers (4978 Views)

FG Sites Integrated Transport Facility In Enugu / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) / Casket-carrying Protesters Lay Siege To Shell Facility In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by newmaster(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2010
Militants destroy Shell facility in Rivers
07 February, 2010 05:23:00 TONY ITA ETIM, Port Harcourt
Font size:
A coalition of militant groups in the Niger Delta, the Joint Revolutinary Council said its affiliates have sabotaged a major oil facility in the region.
In an online message signed by Bakabio Walter on behalf of the group, the council boasted “ Tonight will go down in history as the day all genuine and patriotic Niger Delta nationalists decided to act collectively and decisively in waging a battle that will ultimately lead to the establishment of a free and independent Niger Delta.
“At about midnight today, the patriotic force of Niger Delta successfully disabled the Trunk line belonging to Shell in the swamp of Obunoma in today’s Akokutoru Local Government of Rivers State.
“This Trunk Line connect Nembe Creek, Belema, Soku Field, Ekulama 1 and Ekulama 2 Flow Stations to the Bonny Export Terminal. This has dealt a devastating blow on the occupation Nigerian State in the Niger Delta and it is just the beginning.”
Walter explained, “This renewed liberation effort is being effectively coordinated by the Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC) of the Niger Delta which got reinvigorated as a result of series of consultations with patriotic groups in our territory.”
The statement continued that “The abduction of Chief Ralph Uwazurike by the Nigerian Police at a time when the operators of the Nigerian State should be more serious about resolving the national question helped us in arriving at the conclusion it is only through armed struggle for independence that our people can be freed.
“We believe that it will be a betrayal and disservice to our people if we continue to preach nonviolence in the face of this madness. We therefore resolve to collectively make the following declarations on behalf of the Niger Delta: The Niger Delta struggle is for self determination, nationhood and freedom. ;
The Nigerian State is an occupation force and can only be defeated through armed struggle. The Niger Delta freedom fighters have decided to resume armed struggle; The Joint Revolutionary Council of Niger Delta shall mobilize all patriotic forces in the territory of the Niger Delta to wage a consistent revolutionary war until the last piece of our territory is liberated from the occupation forces.
Walter also declared “This is a call to battle and collective responsibility of all right thinking indigenes of Niger Delta. This is definitely different from all that you have heard about before.”

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=27569
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by aimans: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2010
Total & complete freedom is all we need. Multinational oil companies have there 4 years with atom of give back responsibility. Let each tribe go on their own in 9ja.

I blame Niger-Delta leaders. They are not sincere with their people. Now, their youth is taking over through violence means, what can we say of that? It's sad that virtually all our leaders are thieves.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by SamMilla1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
-- and the game kicks off again.

i guess thats a warning to the senate. handover now or
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Parnassuss(m): 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ Sam Milla, this will be the best return game ever.
Poor shell wanna sell,
but he who buy
for himself im no try.
Niger Delta wan cede
Northern NBA wan cede
oh well we go ever remain
Our own country 4 our own domain.
Crafty, if i say so myself. Has a Yeats like ring to it. grin
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by texazzpete(m): 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2010
These criminals with their delusions of grandeur. Which one be 'occupying Nigerian state' again?
Anyway, we all know it takes cojones to blow up defenseless pipelines.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Kx: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2010
after all the amnesty jamboree,we are back to status quo.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by opad(m): 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2010
What again!!!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by stephen2(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
CONFIRM,KOROFO DEY UNA SIDE,NOTHING DEY SUP.
I WANT MORE DESTROYED AS WELL,IF WAR WILL BRING EACE,THEN BRING IT ON!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by methodyk: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2010
This is as a result of long drama in the name of ''politikin'' It is really getting irritating. The set of people we expect to bail the situation are the same corrupt set of people who are gaining from the mess, so who do you blame?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by edoyad(m): 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
Do you blame these boys ? Why have we had fuel scarcity for over three months if some people are not benefitting from the pain of Nigerians ?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
I dont blame those boiz!! I blame the high level of iliteracy within the ND domain.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by yeswecan(m): 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
brein:

I dont blame those boiz!! I blame the high level of iliteracy within the ND domain.

LOL
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
The notable part is the reason being the abduction of uwazurike which indicates kind of coalition.but if i may ask why blow up pipelines to pollute thesame water you drink,destroy your own farmland and aquatic life?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2010
The notable part is the reason being the abduction of uwazurike which indicates kind of coalition.but if i may ask why blow up pipelines to pollute thesame water you drink,destroy your own farmland and aquatic life?
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ymbello1: 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2010
hmmmm Niger, WAR no good ooooohh
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by EzeUche(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2010
So now Igbos are involved in this conflict. Lets see how the majority of my people feel about this new turn of events.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by bawomolo(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
Abagworo:

good question
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by latepa(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2010
Well i'm not really happy about this situation but what can i say when the country has no president now and these boys are seeing their period, wink
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Ibime(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2010
A welcome development. . . . should Yar'Adull still be nominated for the Nobel peace prize for his phony amnesty?

Niger-Delta, it is now or never. . . when the boys bring Naija oil production back down to 800,000 bpd, they will start seeking another solution. . . infact, I see this as a cyclical thing. . . Naija's economic cycle (recession and growth) shall be determined by the cycle of militancy and amnesty until Naija start to approach issues with sincerity. . .

Free Ralph Uwazuirike!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ezeagu(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2010
Okay, now I'm listening. wink cheesy
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Abagworo(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ezeagu's signature.i never knew njoku was igbo version of Christ.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by udezue(m): 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
Abagworo:

Uwazuruike have always been a supporter of ND struggles so I am not surprised that they are also showing him support. This struggle involves us all whether u are Igbo or Ijaw or Ogoni. I don't blame the militants. They should target the refinery in Kaduna and outside the East more.

FREE UWAZURUIKE!
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ezeagu(m): 2:17am On Feb 09, 2010
Abagworo:

@ezeagu's signature.i never knew njoku was igbo version of Christ.

There's no Igbo version of Christ.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by jamalzox: 2:56am On Feb 09, 2010
download kilode vector's single

Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ezeagu(m): 2:57am On Feb 09, 2010
jamalzox:

download kilode vector's single

Pay for your advertisement.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by mamagee3(f): 2:59am On Feb 09, 2010
Why is this news not shocking? undecided
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by SEFAGO(m): 3:00am On Feb 09, 2010
Men these terrorists have to be hunted down. They are going to destroy industry in Nigeria undecided
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by ezeagu(m): 3:00am On Feb 09, 2010
No one can do skwaarrrt. grin
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Beaf: 3:02am On Feb 09, 2010
SEFAGO:

Men these terrorists have to be hunted down. They are going to destroy [size=14pt]industry [/size]in Nigeria undecided

Are you serious? Which industry, candle making or roadside petrol hawking? grin grin grin grin
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by 4Play(m): 3:02am On Feb 09, 2010
SEFAGO:

Men these terrorists have to be hunted down. They are going to destroy industry in Nigeria undecided

Abi, the way they are terrorizing my ears with their rubbish music. Kilode Vectra, what nonsense.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by Nobody: 3:03am On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

Are you serious? Which industry, candle making or roadside petrol hawking? grin grin grin grin

I was wondering too. Perhaps he meant the recharge card industry.
Re: Militants Destroy Shell Facility In Rivers by SEFAGO(m): 3:04am On Feb 09, 2010
Beaf:

The oil industry in Nigeria and the general image of doing business. Tthese idiots are scaring away foreign investment. Terrorists undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. / Israel PM Visits Russia Over Army Buildup In Syria / Shites Sacrifice In Devils Name To Kill Buhari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.