Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN (38440 Views)

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by bigtt76(f): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2017
First and foremost, did you delete of the chat when you discovered? Secondly, ensure your mobile number you used for the BVN is always active. If it goes dead one second raise an alarm with your telecommunications network. No major cause for alarm as whoever presents the BVN at the bank would be required to validate ownership by finger print and your photograph would appear on being validated.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by femi4: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2017
stphil:
Please my fellows help me i mistakenly revealed my bvn and acc numver and name in a watsap group pls wat risk do dat pose and what can j do abt it pls am i in trouble
No risk yet
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by samstradam: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2017
sammirano:
you are at no risk, except if you worry someone might want to view your bank balance, but withdrawing with such info is apparently impossible. even some landlords request for BVN from prospective tenants.

A landlord has no right to request for your BVN or are they now being governed by CBN??
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by nobodysmanrob(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2017
Oga calm down. It's information you shouldn't have disclosed but it doesn't mean you can automatically be defrauded. Just make sure you update all security features on your account

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by sammirano: 10:32am On Jul 08, 2017
samstradam:

A landlord has no right to request for your BVN or are they now being governed by CBN??

and who told you he has no right, it is used to authenticate the info. you give to him. cos landlord /tenant relationship is a sensitive one. even lagos homes collect your bvn.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by nams77: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2017
Op there is not cause for alarm. Let's look at the two plausiblescenario- If they want to approach your bank to withdraw, that will be suicidal as your mandate which carries your photograph and signature will be there and most likely, it won't tally with their face or signature. Nowadays, CSOs don't release customers info to strangers. Even if the CSO personnel sees your face and id you as the true owner, he definitely will ask you security questions like DOB, full names, when and where you you opened the account.
Now let's look at using those details you inadvertently supplied to access your account remotely. The probability is highly unlikely. To access your account online, the fraudster should be able to provide your ATM PIN and also transaction security pin. Your BVN page don't carry those information. So relax but as an extra precautionary measure go and change your ATM PIN

4 Likes

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2017
The risk is huge.
Anyone that can swap your SIM successfully can easily clean out your balance through USSD/mobile banking. Some banks like Access Bank require the last 4 digits of your BVN for authentication. So you can see that you could have played into the hands of fraudulently minded persons.
One of the ways out, if your WhatsApp number is the same as the one registered with the bank, you may go and change it provided you have more than one active GSM numbers.

All the best.
stphil:
Please my fellows help me i mistakenly revealed my bvn and acc numver and name in a watsap group pls wat risk do dat pose and what can j do abt it pls am i in trouble

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2017
nobodysmanrob:
Oga calm down. It's information you shouldn't have disclosed but it doesn't mean you can automatically be defrauded. Just make sure you update all security features on your account
Oga, information is more important than cash.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by olisaemeka1(m): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2017
stphil:
This is Nigeria....pls contact your bank and make them aware..tell them no linking of account or transaction should be done without your notice...telling you from experience...

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by talk2saintify(m): 10:53am On Jul 08, 2017
stphil:
lol r u serious am nt at risk? I no wan hear debit alert o

ah register for npower in my office

ah have more dan 100 bvn and account number aint no use

cant use for natin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2017
Caustics:
mistakenly reveal your card no, expiry date, and cvv2 on another group chat let it be balanced. that way it will counter the bvn you revealed
LWKMD.
u r funny o.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2017
Caustics:
mistakenly reveal your card no, expiry date, and cvv2 on another group chat let it be balanced. that way it will counter the bvn you revealed
lol grin grin
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2017
Nma27:
Mistakenly Were you jazzed??! How come??
hahaha,
some would say it's village people at work.
i think he probably had them saved in his phone and just copied and pasted without editing.
I have several accounts and saved them all up but i usually edit before sending.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2017
stphil:

BVN is not a security feature but just a systemic TSA ...I mean it is just use to create a linear account per individual...if you like open account with all the banks in the eyes of the operators you have a single account

You can write your account details on nairaland self and nothing will happen ...
It is your name in with your bank just as your reg number is your name with your school authority

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by andyanders: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2017
Op, very important you contact your account's officer to inform them of this development cus people can surely mess up with your account. Also, you have to very careful with how you rant your mouth on social chat or even by having to respond to every text msgs on your phone as people can destroy your life through same system by taking advantage of your ignorance to use your details for fraudulent purposes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by litaninja(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2017
You're at risk of getting credit alerts bros...
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2017
No risk at all. Only the security departments can put ur bvn to any use. Efcc, dss etc

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by EGUNSOLA14: 11:34am On Jul 08, 2017
U are absolutely correct.who ever is nt trustworthy and have this details about you must not be allowed to get hold of ur mobile phone otherwise.....e.g access mobile banking uses the last four digit of bvn as the transfer code and many other banks like that, so op beware of how u share ur personal information to avoid story that touchies the heart!
respect80:
Was ur brain deaf while chatting grin

Well just visit your bank's nearest branch to confirm cos with some banks with ur account no and bvn at hand then it's only ur sim that's left to make damages to your account.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by akinzolarity: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2017
DISCLOSING YOUR BVN TO THIRD PARTY DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING....
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Smily202:

Is DOB included?

If so wink grin
yes DOB was included
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by akinzolarity: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2017
OK
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by GEJDHERO: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2017
Caustics:
u wicked oo
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by skysun: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2017
stphil:

hope you put your ATM card number
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by holyokoto(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2017
Zero risk

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by pressplay411(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2017
stphil:

Err how do you mistakenly reveal all that?
That's kinda like mistakenly leaving home naked.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by holyokoto(m): 11:56am On Jul 08, 2017
Zero risk
If I pick any ones phone and dial *506# I will get his/her BVN, I can't use it for anything. But as long u did not disclose your ATM pin, you are not at risk

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
holyokoto:
Zero risk
If I pick any ones phone and dial *506# I will get his/her BVN, I can't use it for anything. But as long u did not disclose your ATM pin, you are not at risk
thanks, see what woman has caused me, cassava will fall on dt useless girl on dat watsap group

1 Like

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
BUSHHUNTER:
Op, When your village people just decided to take up your case grin

Fraudsters in that WhatsApp forum now
grin
we don't do bvn scam.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Olutayo89(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
Bro am a banker and u don't have any trouble. You will always have ur mandate present in ur account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
Gracealone:
The risk is huge.
Anyone that can swap your SIM successfully can easily clean out your balance through USSD/mobile banking. Some banks like Access Bank require the last 4 digits of your BVN for authentication. So you can see that you could have played into the hands of fraudulently minded persons.
One of the ways out, if your WhatsApp number is the same as the one registered with the bank, you may go and change it provided you have more than one active GSM numbers.

All the best.
Re: Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN by Mrfixitxtech: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
No Risk. The only Risk, is that an account can be open in your name and a loan can be requested with A BVN.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth / Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria / Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.