Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

7 Ways To Practice Purity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Ways To Practice Purity (813 Views)

7 Ways To Keep A Man By Kenyan Lady / When You Don't Practice What You Preach! / 7 Ways To Practice Purity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
When you fall in love, it's natural to want to express your love in physical ways. But you also know God wants you to remain sexually pure—in both your actions and your thoughts. Sometimes it's a tough balance, but showing love for another while remaining pure is possible. Here are some suggestions:

1) Keep innocent expressions special. Rather than making the innocent expressions a mere prelude to the "heavier stuff," make the most of them. Let holding hands mean something. Express tenderness by simply putting your arms around each other. Make sure a kiss communicates true feeling and isn't just the first step to further physical involvement.

2) Pace your passion. Every marathon runner knows that you don't use up your energy at the beginning of the race; you need most of it at the end. Pacing your passion means that you realize you're trying to remain pure all the way to your wedding day. It's OK to express your love in little ways, but don't start messing with the package that is sex. To get really practical, avoid French kissing and petting—anything that is sure to ignite the fires of passion.

3) Don't feed your fantasies. It's normal to think about sex sometimes. In fact, with the way advertising and Hollywood exploit sex, it would be impossible not to think about it. So choose your entertainment carefully. Soap operas, certain songs, books, television shows, movies and Web sites only turn up the pressure. Feeding your thought life with junk only makes it harder to remain pure in your actions.

4) Remember whose property you're touching. You do not own the person you're dating. That person belongs to God. Imagine there's a sign on everyone you date that reads: PROPERTY OF JESUS.

5) Make a promise to God, and daily renew your commitment. Decide where you're going to draw the line, and tell God that with his help, you are not going to cross that line until marriage. Don't commit to it unless you mean it, though. The Bible says it's a serious thing to make a vow to God. At the same time, realize that you can't stick to your promise without his help. That's why it's important to renew your commitment
daily .

6) Acknowledge Jesus' presence on every date. Before a date, it's normal to spend a lot of time getting ready. After all, you want to look your best. But you also want to make sure you're spiritually prepared. So spend at least as much time in prayer as you do in front of a mirror. As it says in Proverbs 3:6: "Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths."

7) Agree on your standards. Before sex becomes an issue in the relationship, talk about your standards with your boyfriend or girlfriend. Don't dwell only on the negative—what you won't do. Hebrews 10:24 tells us to "encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds." Discuss ways your friendship can help each of you become a better person.

Ron Hutchcraft

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by dingbang(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
Which kyn deeperlife bible Rship be this
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by KINGinVAHALA: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
this is certainly not for me
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by IamSINZ(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:
this is certainly not for me

Bro, pm me your digits. I have a gig for you.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Splinz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
All of these need not be. Stop complicating things for yourself.

If you want to remain untainted from the world, simply fear God and keep His commandments.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by KINGinVAHALA: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
IamSINZ:

Bro, pm me your digits. I have a gig for you.

kindly inform me when you have gotten it so that I can delete it
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Stevengerd(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hmmm!!
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by IamSINZ(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
KINGinVAHALA:

kindly inform me when you have gotten it so that I can delete it
Feel free to take it down, sir.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by KINGinVAHALA: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
IamSINZ:

Feel free to take it down.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Rukkydelta(f): 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice one [color=][/color]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnah Mehn I Dont Have Urge To Mast Urbate Again / Abeg Kindly Choose You First Phone....no Lie / Who Would You Prefer To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.