Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

7 Ways To Practice Purity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Ways To Practice Purity (1022 Views)

7 Ways To Keep A Man By Kenyan Lady / 7 Ways To Practice Purity / When You Don't Practice What You Preach! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
When you fall in love, it's natural to want to express your love in physical ways. But you also know God wants you to remain sexually pure—in both your actions and your thoughts. Sometimes it's a tough balance, but showing love for another while remaining pure is possible. Here are some suggestions:

1) Keep innocent expressions special. Rather than making the innocent expressions a mere prelude to the "heavier stuff," make the most of them. Let holding hands mean something. Express tenderness by simply putting your arms around each other. Make sure a kiss communicates true feeling and isn't just the first step to further physical involvement.

2) Pace your passion. Every marathon runner knows that you don't use up your energy at the beginning of the race; you need most of it at the end. Pacing your passion means that you realize you're trying to remain pure all the way to your wedding day. It's OK to express your love in little ways, but don't start messing with the package that is sex. To get really practical, avoid French kissing and petting—anything that is sure to ignite the fires of passion.

3) Don't feed your fantasies. It's normal to think about sex sometimes. In fact, with the way advertising and Hollywood exploit sex, it would be impossible not to think about it. So choose your entertainment carefully. Soap operas, certain songs, books, television shows, movies and Web sites only turn up the pressure. Feeding your thought life with junk only makes it harder to remain pure in your actions.

4) Remember whose property you're touching. You do not own the person you're dating. That person belongs to God. Imagine there's a sign on everyone you date that reads: PROPERTY OF JESUS.

5) Make a promise to God, and daily renew your commitment. Decide where you're going to draw the line, and tell God that with his help, you are not going to cross that line until marriage. Don't commit to it unless you mean it, though. The Bible says it's a serious thing to make a vow to God. At the same time, realize that you can't stick to your promise without his help. That's why it's important to renew your commitment
daily.

6) Acknowledge Jesus' presence on every date. Before a date, it's normal to spend a lot of time getting ready. After all, you want to look your best. But you also want to make sure you're spiritually prepared. So spend at least as much time in prayer as you do in front of a mirror. As it says in Proverbs 3:6: "Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths."

7) Agree on your standards. Before sex becomes an issue in the relationship, talk about your standards with your boyfriend or girlfriend. Don't dwell only on the negative—what you won't do. Hebrews 10:24 tells us to "encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds." Discuss ways your friendship can help each of you become a better person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Draei: 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ok, next thread..
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Cutehector(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by damesilver(m): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thank you ma'am for this expository.

It is also important to strictly establish physical and emotional boundary when towing the path of purity.

Nobody toys with the devil and goes unscathed. Just flee from its appearance.

But I think a lot of people are not themselves willing to take this path of purity. Deep down in the subconscious of many, the desire for bodily pleasure is simmering with tension.

Therefore, the talk of purity these days would die in the wind. However, Laurel wreath to the courageous ones who are striving to live a life of purity. Wishing you More strength.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lilyqueeny

IT_took_me_a_lot_of_time_before_I_could_find_your_new_monicker.

Its_not_fair
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
stanluv:
Lilyqueeny

Its_not_fair

lol
life it's not fair to everyone.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 06, 2017
Lilyqueeny:

lol

life it's not fair to everyone.

I_want_to_be_your_friend
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 06, 2017
stanluv:

I_want_to_be_your_friend

everyone is my friend
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
stanluv:
Lilyqueeny

Its_not_fair
You have derailed this thread.
Now you finally found her, congrats but stop derailing threads. Be relevant in your submissions please.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
Threads such as this don't sell on nl. grin
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 08, 2017
stanluv:

I_want_to_be_your_friend

I don't need any friends right now

my life is a bit complicated .

I need some time to sort myself
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 08, 2017
Lilyqueeny:

I don't need any friends right now

my life is a bit complicated .

I need some time to sort myself

I_hope_u_are_ok
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 08, 2017
Sincere4u:

You have derailed this thread.
Now you finally found her, congrats but stop detailing threads. Be relevant in your submissions please.

I_dont_know_u
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Jummybabe1111(f): 7:14am On Mar 08, 2017
Fact
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by FvckShiT(m): 7:20am On Mar 08, 2017
undecided
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 08, 2017
kimbra:
Threads such as this don't sell on nl. grin

Because they're boring & not based on reality. Just look at the Cinderella reference. Virginity doesn't guarantee anything. Princess Diana was a virgin too when she married Prince Charles, did it last? Instead he cheated on her with a divorcée. Didn't she go on to have sex with other people after the marriage was dissolved?

Besides, it's a personal choice. Nobody wants to hear the preachy, tedious sermons about it.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2017
stanluv:

I_hope_u_are_ok

I'm. Ok

Just need to be alone
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2017
stanluv:

I_dont_know_u

You don't need to know me.
I'm a brother to the Lady you are chasing up and down on nairaland.
We had a breaking point quarrel last night and you were the reason for it.
I'm just advising you to do things right and show decorum.
You really don't know her. Show maturity and sincerity and all will be fine, mess up and you won't find it funny with her, apart from what i'll come at you with.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Cutehector(m): 10:50am On Mar 08, 2017
Sincere4u:

You really don't know her. Show maturity and sincerity and all will be fine, mess up and you won't find it funny with her, apart from what i'll come at you with.
na wa ooo. Bros na u go marry ur sister? I believe she is an adult and can take care of herself...
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Purity by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 08, 2017
Sincere4u:

Take_it_easy

I_mean_no_harm_to_your_sister

I_just_love_her_personality

(1) (Reply)

What To Do After She Confessed She Did It With A Guy Under Alcohol Influence / Should A Guy Go With Extra Clothes When Visiting A Girl For 3 Days? / This Nigerian Lady Is Searching For A Handsome Husband With Gucci And Ferrari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.