Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? (11834 Views)

What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by corpershun: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Growing up I attended Qua Iboe( now united evangelical ) church orile, but the distance was far from our house at Festac. So whenever we could not go there with our parents, we went to Presbyterian church around the corner.
Qua Iboe impacted on me Cox since it was not a regular thing it made me look towards going to church, as that was also an avenue to meet my grand parents who resided at ketu. The service then was fun because of the memory verses we crammed to show off at home, and any time there was a function, intelligent kids were given the opportunity to show case their scriptural brilliance.

The Presbyterian also helped me because we wrote monthly Sunday school exams and nobody wanted to be seen as a failure, also that was the first church I witnessed people being excommunicated (the good old days of christiandom) due to bad behavior, while in Qua Iboe if you came late during prayer or sermon, irrespective of who you were you most stay outside, till something less spiritual starts.

I later went to a boarding house where I was baptized in the Catholic church, I didn't really learn much, but that was one of the most dedicated part of my Christian life, the reverend fathers and sisters were wow and out of this world and really helped me I guidance, I might have been a lost soul if not for them, I am forever grateful to the catholic church for the guidance of my life at a crucial stage of growing up.
After school I worked for the synagogue church of all nations and that was where I learnt Life, Prophet T.B Joshua remains an inspiration till today. I learnt life and Christianity from another angle, unfortunately that was the last church I took seriously.

I have since become a non denominational Christian, as I believe Christ is about love and keeping the commandment, I don't want to be associated with any particular church, I want to be associated with Christ like characters, coupled with the fact that I can't stand Hypocrisy and the church this days are filled with hypocrites.

That being said 80% of my Christian spiritual knowledge, is from the teaching of a Korean, his analysis opened my eyes to a different way of seeing the Bible and understanding creation, he made me meditate more, he made me understand that works is equally as important as faith.

But more importantly he made me understand why most people will constantly be misled, because they see omniscience in a different light.

Please what is the name of the Korean Pastor?

I am an Anglican by birth and by choice and a Christian by Faith.
I love the order of service in the Anglican church, from the procession to the end of the church program is unique. Less of everything and I think my Parents were so much of an influence. The Bible says train up a child in the way he should go and he won't depart from it. I haven't departed.

I attended CU so was a winner tentatively, I also like their mode of worship but service was too short. Bishop Oyedepos teachings are very inspiring and makes one work hard and also grounds your faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
I dont know wether attending a Catholic boarding school counts but, that's where I also attended church mostly.

They taught me the rosary prayer. Taught me that Mother Mary is also a way to God. Taught me holy communion and confessing my sins to another human being called Father. They taught me that a sprinkle of water on a child's forehead counts as baptism infact, they said that bapistism is very important for an infant, incase the child dies and they are without christ. Loved these people too much.

During my first year in university, I went on a holiday in Egypt and because my cousin was one of the tour guides, she took us to all these wonders. I left there with many questions but was afraid to ask.

I later then learnt that the obelisk displayed infront of all catholisc churches is an egyptian worship for blindfolding and conquering Christianity. That the pact between the Romans and Egyptians birthed what is today called Roman Catholic Church, hence the very important figure who is today displayed as mary (Nimrods wife and son, Tamuss).....Infact, catholicism is all about pagan worship. The fish mouth of the pope's cap....same as that worn by all wealthy kings of egypt. When the obelisk and the mouth fish are in one place....evil deeds prevail, hence the grusome history of the pope's. Starting from sleeping with young boys who are falsely recruited for mentorship, to fake saints.

If you have questions, go to Rome and see for yourself the sculptures displayed.....compare them to those that are in Egypt and do a little research. Better yet, use the internet
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by kandyj(f): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Salvation Army.... simply the best
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by enemyofprogress: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
I must not see any muslim here on this thread unless he/she declares that Jesus is his/her Lord and personal saviour.

2 Likes

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by samuelkingz(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Was born and brought up in the Anglican Communion.. Staunch Efac member..really learnt a lot about salvation,holy living,evangelism and soul winning...was commited till I went to sch...and became commited more to scripture union...now am serving I attend house on the rock enugu .but still yet most things I see tend to conflict with my own biblical upbringing e.g the way i way i saw my members dress are not the same with my new church but nevertheless I love house on the rock for its different dimension of biblical teachings on good earthly living and the secrets to it..no too much pressure for money unlike my home church...
I came to respect my Anglican church the day we had a bible quiz recently and I answered questions well..it wasn't as a result of my reading too much Bible (me wey don spoil finish,don't even have a bible for now ) but because the teachings and lessons were still a part and parcel of me...God bless EFAC and SU.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by zicky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
Princeboca12:

Sorry to say dont u think that these leaders didnt seek counsel from GOD before instilling such a command.
the church believe in "Holiness without which no man shall see the Lord" and they try every means to flee from all appearance of Sin. Its a holiness church and know what they want though they might make mistake along the line by being "too holy" as outsiders will say.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
ItzChinnex:

No make up but you fine die.. I be deeperlifer too sha. Which State??

My best hymns is "Give all you best to the Master"

Benue
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Chukazu: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
friday2011:
I grew up living with my dads immediate younger sister who happens to be a member of The Apostolic faith Church (a.k.a ijo elekun) back then in ilorin at agbo oba road, with headquarters at Anthony village, lagos.

what a church, I was well groomed with d world of God, very very spiritual that we see other denominations as unbelievers.

We no dey watch tv, no earrings for females, no drugs, no hospital, we no dey dance for church, men no dey keep beards, no offering except tithe, if you dey pray and u no cry join, usher go tap you, (to tell you that you are just playing) up till today, I never sabi dance as d church affect me reach, upon say I don dey attend winners ever since I relocated to lagos at the age of 14, am 33 now.

But I missed their musical concert well well.

their HIGHER WAY MAGAZINE is the best Christian journal for me
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Suky01(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Apostolic church yaba. Now Am tending towards agnosticism I do believe there is a creator but whether the stories in the bible happened in real life is another thing
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Chukazu: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Chi59:
Deeper Life all the way!

The closest I have been to DEEPER LIFE was been made an EXCO menber in a school fellowship been ran by the church.

How can I forget the MONTHLY LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM (L.T.P)
whenever I entered the hall of the program, the only thing you want to do is to #PRAY;I mean the ambiance and the atmosphere alone would compel you to pray
... With the amazing song...
"you will fill my heart today, to overflowing, as the lord commanded me...
Bring my vessels not a few....
You will fill my heart today, to overflowing..
With the HOLY GHOST AND POWER!"

I learnt that song in DEEPER LIFE, and is still evergreen in my heart

God bless the Tribe of DEEPER LIFE!

1 Like

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
GodblessNig247:

Holiness unto the Lord is our watch, word and song, Holiness unto the Lord as we are matching along sing it shout it loud and long Holiness unto the Lord now and forever. grin

See Awon omo Baba Kumuyi all over the thread.

Jesus only is our message!
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Chukazu:

The closest I have been to DEEPER LIFE was been made an EXCO menber in a school fellowship been ran by the church.

How can I forget the MONTHLY LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM (L.T.P)
whenever I entered the hall of the program, the only thing you want to do is to #PRAY;I mean the ambiance and the atmosphere alone would compel you to pray
... With the amazing song...
"you will fill my heart today, to overflowing, as the lord commanded me...
Bring my vessels not a few....
You will fill my heart today, to overflowing..
With the HOLY GHOST AND POWER!"

I learnt that song in DEEPER LIFE, and is still evergreen in my heart

God bless the Tribe of DEEPER LIFE!

Amen.

God bless His People, God bless His Church, God bless His Pastors.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by greatbrian(m): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
Apostolic faith. Deeper life came from the church so they share almost same doctrine........ It helped me alot especially the music class before I was 16 I could site read play the French horn and the piano almost perfectly. Spiritually it developed me. Until I entered d school I am now. I was a good boy I repeat I was an example to my mates. Try apostolic faith. And thank me later
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by glamay(f): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
StevensJojo:
Please I really need your responses on this one.
What church did attend as a child when growing up.How did it impact you?Would you want your child to grow up in that same environment or what would you like to change about the church?

Born Catholic
Married in Catholic Church
Now Salvation Ministries Home Of Success. Where Papa David Ibiyeomie teaches and preaches the word of God like it is his life.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Interesting15: 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
holluphemydavid:
I was born into Christ Apostolic church (CAC) Oke-Alafia Itan laye Ikotun Lagos, but now a redeem member, Everlasting Covenant Area Gwarinpa Abuja, d church really impact my spiritual life cos Dey teach based on what is in D Bible, not like others dat will be going against wot d bible say

I'm a CAC member too. Why did you leave CAC?
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by holluphemydavid(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
Interesting15:

I'm a CAC member too. Why did you leave CAC?
God is everywhere, it's a personal tin and I discovered redeem where I attend dig deep into d words of God
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Chikelue2000(m): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
Deeper Life, a church I think will last till eternity
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Chikelue2000(m): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Chi59:

Benue
Nasarawa
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by placeofallure(f): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
I've been an ECWA member since birth. Still an ECWA member. The church is especially known for sound teachings of the bible and powerful messages through songs. If you grew up an ECWA child, you would be good in Sword drill, Bible Quiz, Memory Verses recitation and all. My childhood is filled with memories of attending youth fellowship camps where some of these activities happen, brigade camps, choir rehearsals, drama practice, revivals and concerts.Proudly ECWA!
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
Was born and brot up in deeper life Still dere till now d church made me 2 understand d bible more It will be my church forever

Heey God, lemme faint.. u deeper life shocked
issinuh u that is always chyking girls in romance section grin grin
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

Heey God, lemme faint.. u deeper life shocked

issinuh u that is always chyking girls in romance section grin grin
lolzzz
not at all oo
I don't date galz wink
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
lolzzz not at all oo I don't date galz wink

U don't date galz buh u date ladies cheesy ..
Kwantinue undecided
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

U don't date galz buh u date ladies cheesy ..

Kwantinue undecided
lolzzz
Deeper life pikin like me wink wink
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
lolzzz Deeper life pikin like me wink wink

I hear u.. no so una dey talk.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
lolzzz Deeper life pikin like me wink wink

I hear u.. na so una dey talk.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

I hear u.. no so una dey talk.
wat church do u attend
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
wat church do u attend
my parents church grin
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

my parents church grin
lolz talk na grin
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
lolz talk na grin
Wat do I get in return cheesy
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

Wat do I get in return cheesy
A kiss wink
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
A kiss wink
gerrourhia undecided ..

deeper life cool
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

gerrourhia undecided ..

deeper life cool

oh tot as much
wat state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE / Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means / Big Church Gospel Talent Show Commences Online Exhibition For Dancers, Singers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.