Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? (11837 Views)

What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said / Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
oh tot as much wat state
lag.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

lag.
nice
wat group plz
am also at lag
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
nice wat group plz am also at lag

abule egba group.
What grp are u
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

abule egba group.

What grp are u
Festac group oo
Wow.....is ur group close 2 mine
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
Festac group oo Wow.....is ur group close 2 mine
Nahhhh.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

Nahhhh.
Wer is dat Abule egba again
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
Wer is dat Abule egba again

u stay in lag and u don't know where abule egba is shocked
Its around agege side sha..
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

u stay in lag and u don't know where abule egba is shocked

Its around agege side sha..
U could av said old agege group na
U wer confusing me with dah Abule egba group
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
U could av said old agege group na U wer confusing me with dah Abule egba group
buh its a group on its own na undecided
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

buh its a group on its own na undecided
Ehen
didn't know oo
Am planning 2 change my group sef
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
U could av said old agege group na U wer confusing me with dah Abule egba group
errm bed calls ..
Goodnight smiley
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

errm bed calls ..

Goodnight
smiley
Alright sleep tight dear
Would send u a pm lerra sha....don't forget 2 reply plz wink
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
Victornezzar:
Alright sleep tight dear Would send u a pm lerra sha....don't forget 2 reply plz wink
Aiit.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
harriet412:

Aiit.
Thanks dear
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2017
harriet412:

Aiit.
Hmmm dis is my num 08110217841
Wanna save u d stress of checking ur mail
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2017
nsilordgmail:
I attended E Dey Happen Ministries. That's why i always want to be where e dey happen
lol mumu grin

1 Like

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 9:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Chi59:

On point! I hate missing it.
Ahan Aunty u sef dey go dclm
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 9:21am On Jul 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Even your DP looks Deeper Life...

When I was in the Children Choir, my favorite Hymn were
'When We All Get To Heaven'...
'Higher Ground'
'Blessed Assurance' etc
Ahan oga tonye
u sef na omo deeper life
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Victornezzar:
Ahan oga tonye u sef na omo deeper life
Sure!!!

Parents are even leaders
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Sure!!!

Parents are even leaders
same here, my mom is a women coordinator
wych state u dey
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2017
Victornezzar:
same here, my mom is a women coordinator wych state u dey
Parents in Lagos....

me FCT
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Parents in Lagos....

me FCT
Am in lag
Festac group precisely
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by shumax: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Growing up I attended Qua Iboe( now united evangelical ) church orile, but the distance was far from our house at Festac. So whenever we could not go there with our parents, we went to Presbyterian church around the corner.
Qua Iboe impacted on me Cox since it was not a regular thing it made me look towards going to church, as that was also an avenue to meet my grand parents who resided at ketu. The service then was fun because of the memory verses we crammed to show off at home, and any time there was a function, intelligent kids were given the opportunity to show case their scriptural brilliance.

The Presbyterian also helped me because we wrote monthly Sunday school exams and nobody wanted to be seen as a failure, also that was the first church I witnessed people being excommunicated (the good old days of christiandom) due to bad behavior, while in Qua Iboe if you came late during prayer or sermon, irrespective of who you were you most stay outside, till something less spiritual starts.

I later went to a boarding house where I was baptized in the Catholic church, I didn't really learn much, but that was one of the most dedicated part of my Christian life, the reverend fathers and sisters were wow and out of this world and really helped me I guidance, I might have been a lost soul if not for them, I am forever grateful to the catholic church for the guidance of my life at a crucial stage of growing up.
After school I worked for the synagogue church of all nations and that was where I learnt Life, Prophet T.B Joshua remains an inspiration till today. I learnt life and Christianity from another angle, unfortunately that was the last church I took seriously.

I have since become a non denominational Christian, as I believe Christ is about love and keeping the commandment, I don't want to be associated with any particular church, I want to be associated with Christ like characters, coupled with the fact that I can't stand Hypocrisy and the church this days are filled with hypocrites.

That being said 80% of my Christian spiritual knowledge, is from the teaching of a Korean, his analysis opened my eyes to a different way of seeing the Bible and understanding creation, he made me meditate more, he made me understand that works is equally as important as faith.

But more importantly he made me understand why most people will constantly be misled, because they see omniscience in a different light.
Like you I had a diverse early childhood with churches and finally stuck with the Catholic Church since secondary school. I still Catholic though
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by zicky(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2017
Victornezzar:

Am in lag
Festac group precisely
Omo deeper deeper ena go open ena own thread
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2017
zicky:
Omo deeper deeper ena go open ena own thread
.lol y na
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by zicky(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Victornezzar:
.lol y na
ena plenty, even Tonye
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Victornezzar: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
zicky:
ena plenty, even Tonye
lol Bro no be our fault oo
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
harriet412:

errm bed calls ..

Goodnight
smiley

So na the girl be this ba grin

Harriet

Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
teresafaith:
Was born into a catholic family, married to a Muslim told hubby "I no dey change faith, rather die than change faith" but hubby is an understanding person now the kids and I are core CATHOLICS
beautiful.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
jagugu88li:
I dont know wether attending a Catholic boarding school counts but, that's where I also attended church mostly.

They taught me the rosary prayer. Taught me that Mother Mary is also a way to God. Taught me holy communion and confessing my sins to another human being called Father. They taught me that a sprinkle of water on a child's forehead counts as baptism infact, they said that bapistism is very important for an infant, incase the child dies and they are without christ. Loved these people too much.

During my first year in university, I went on a holiday in Egypt and because my cousin was one of the tour guides, she took us to all these wonders. I left there with many questions but was afraid to ask.

I later then learnt that the obelisk displayed infront of all catholisc churches is an egyptian worship for blindfolding and conquering Christianity. That the pact between the Romans and Egyptians birthed what is today called Roman Catholic Church, hence the very important figure who is today displayed as mary (Nimrods wife and son, Tamuss).....Infact, catholicism is all about pagan worship. The fish mouth of the pope's cap....same as that worn by all wealthy kings of egypt. When the obelisk and the mouth fish are in one place....evil deeds prevail, hence the grusome history of the pope's. Starting from sleeping with young boys who are falsely recruited for mentorship, to fake saints.

If you have questions, go to Rome and see for yourself the sculptures displayed.....compare them to those that are in Egypt and do a little research. Better yet, use the internet
did you remember to factor in the fact that the Catholic Church is about, 2000yrs old and that most ancient sculpture are alike.
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
sonofLuci:

Harriet
huh undecided
Re: What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? by harriet412(f): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
sonofLuci:

Harriet
oh wait! ..
sonof Lucifer??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Church Gospel Talent Show Commences Online Exhibition For Dancers, Singers / Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.