Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,479 members, 7,861,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation (3535 Views)

COVID-19: NIMASA Donates 20 Ventilators, ₦50 Million And Other Medical Equipment / Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili / Aminu Dantata Donates ₦50 Million, Toilets & Boreholes To School In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by OAUTemitayo: 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
FriendNG:

Go and read again, In the second paragraph wia I talk on attacking Yoruba Muslims, I never said in ife.

Now read the link below it happens in Oyo.

https://www.nairaland.com/3780012/muslims-egungun-worshipers-clash-oyo

Stop talking trash.
You were making reference to the Ife crisis and went ahead to bring a crisis that happened in Oyo?
Sense fall on you.

3 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by wristbangle: 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The court can't do that. Those people arrested will be freed.

Cc wristbanle SuperSpanther come and fight your battle

Madam them don ban u again? cheesy

I SMH on the first page comments. The comments does not correlate with the story but somehow IPOB powder (cocaine) machinery twist the episode albeit spewing thrash as usual to gain unnecessary attention. cool

2 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Madam them don ban u again? cheesy
Tackle that guy and protect ur own.

5 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. Issorite.
The good thing is different people are beginning to speak up now, such as the Middle Belt thread on FP.

Let's see how the concerned peeps will handle themselves on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by FriendNG: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Stop talking trash.
You were making reference to the Ife crisis and went ahead to bring a crisis that happened in Oyo?
Sense fall on you.

Yeah. They are still Yoruba.
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by wristbangle: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Tackle that guy and protect ur own.

Which guy? tongue
ephi123:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. Issorite.
The good thing is different people are beginning to speak up now, such as the Middle Belt thread on FP.

Let's see how the concerned peeps will handle themselves on this thread.

Iyawo, how things na? kiss
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Which guy? tongue

You are on your own oh tongue

So, back to the topic. Shouldn't the compensation be given to all the parties affected? That should be the right thing in my opinion.
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Which guy? tongue

Can't you see FriendNG using Yorubas to play kalo kalo while you are busy waiting for Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra or Ipob thread. Face him.

Where is ColonelDrake

9 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by wristbangle: 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

So, back to the topic. Shouldn't the compensation be given to all the parties affected? That should be the right thing in my opinion.

Babe, I travelled to Ife two weeks ago and the level of damage done by the Ife youths on hausa properties is damn huge but on the yoruba part, the damage is very meagre. Btw Dangote gave his brothers money, that one no concern Ife people but the thing is normal activities has returned to ife town, Hausa and Yoruba dey collabo as if nothing happen sef. Life is too short to be holding grudges for long and that does not mean one should be complacent.
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Babe, I travelled to Ife two weeks ago and the level of damage done by the Ife youths on hausa properties is damn huge but on the yoruba part, the damage is very meagre. Btw Dangote gave his brothers money, that one no concern Ife people but the thing is normal activities has returned to ife town, Hausa and Yoruba dey collabo as if nothing happen sef. Life is too short to be holding grudges for long and that does not mean one should be complacent.

This is not about holding grudges. This is about justice. Both sides suffered losses, whether meagre or otherwise, so both sides should be supported to rebuild their communities and lost businesses. That is the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by FriendNG: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

It is not from national cake that everyone must get. It is personal money.
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
FriendNG:

So? I guess you didn't see where I wrote that is the "right thing", meaning regardless of the source of the money.

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by wristbangle: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

This is not about holding grudges. This is about justice. Both sides suffered losses, whether meagre or otherwise, so both sides should be supported to rebuild their communities and lost businesses. That is the right thing.

Alright, then that is the duty of Ooni of Ife meanwhile the one severally affected was first compensated and was done by their brother.

I know where you are driving at eph cool
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Alright, then that is the duty of Ooni of Ife meanwhile the one severally affected was first compensated and was done by their brother.

I know where you are driving at eph cool

I hear you. Not my concern anyway tongue was only giving my view. If they like, they should empower one group to the detriment of another, the results will speak for themselves.

Ciao cool

4 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by FriendNG: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

So? I guess you didn't see where I wrote that is the "right thing", meaning regardless of the source of the money.

You're wrong. It only be the right thing if it by the State government or federal. An individual have the right to do and undo with his cash. He may decide to give one or both parties. Beside the Yoruba are not even the victim.

So if I want to give u money, must I give your sisters for the sake of equity?

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by wristbangle: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

I hear you. Not my concern anyway tongue was only giving my view. If they like, they should empower one group to the detriment of another, the results will speak for themselves.

Ciao cool

Okay o! Na dangote money, No be state/federal money nah. How that one take concern us eh?

You wan run go leave me 4 here again? Naah! Today na Today. Wire me ur details nau sad
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by FriendNG: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

Take that message to the government not Emir Sunusi or Dangote.

I see Mynd44 coming to check for insult so he can use rule 2. Dead on arrival you won't find any.

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Okay o!

You wan run go leave me 4 here again? Naah! Today na Today. Wire me ur details nau sad

Hahaha! You are on your own oh grin Today no be today.

2 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by Origamist: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

Dangote is giving out this cheque of over N50 million to 220 victims who are both Yoruba and Hausa.”
http://leadership.ng/2017/07/11/dangote-foundation-donates-n50m-victims-yoruba-hausa-clash-ile-ife/

He's at liberty to give to only Hausas though.
Ooni of Ife and other Yoruba leaders should be the ones to help their kinsmen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol at the bolded.

Well I already told her it's dangote's money and how he chooses to spend it is not our business. If na state/fed gov, we for claim our right.

It's not fair oh! It could be a cute tie btw a handsome afonja and a beautiful Igbo in future oo winkwink

You already told me does not mean I agree with the point, but as I said it's none of my business.

So you've joined badt gang of calling afonj-a and flatin-o, well done!!
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Origamist:

Dangote is giving out this cheque of over N50 million to 220 victims who are both Yoruba and Hausa.”
http://leadership.ng/2017/07/11/dangote-foundation-donates-n50m-victims-yoruba-hausa-clash-ile-ife/

I just read the link, thanks for providing it. Re: providing the funds to all affected victims, that's the sensible thing to do, and I'm glad to see that's what's been done. It really should be the state government's responsibility but governments do partner with individuals, particularly business owners. So end of story. I'm satisfied with the outcome.

She stated that Dangote Foundation has been active in communal clashes before, and we will continue to intervene in such situation. “We have identified the victims with the team from the Ooni of Ife and the Hausa community and we are giving out N50 million to 220 victims. The amount varies between N200,000 to N2.4 million, but it depend of loses of each person,” she said.

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by wristbangle: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
ephi123:

You already told me does not mean I agree with the point, but as I said it's none of my business.

So you've joined badt gang of calling afonja and Igbo, well done!!

Alright. We have clarify the issue on dangote spending.

Noo, I have not join oo! I thought it would be a beautiful union sha cool
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by ephi123(f): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Alright. We have clarify the issue on dangote spending.

Noo, I have not join oo! I thought it would be a beautiful union sha cool

grin grin
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
Origamist:

Thank you for the update

1 Like

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by kaltonga: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Why do you need to lie just to justify nonsense?
Yorubas did not attack Yoruba Muslims.
I stay in Ife and I was in town when everything happened.
You people will just sit down in Sambisa forest and be throwing innuendos around.
I Call this a friendly fire...just passing.
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by OAUTemitayo: 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
FriendNG:

Yeah. They are still Yoruba.
Don't we have glaring evidence of Hausa Muslims killing Hausa Christians?
This is a minor clash and you deliberately misrepresented facts just to justify your Northern arrogance.

4 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by olumbateey(m): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Origamist:

Thank you my brother. People just digest whatever they are served on nairaland these days without verifying from any source. I actually saw it on tvc where cheques were given to both Yoruba's and the Hausa's. People just fanning embers of hate unnecessarily.

4 Likes

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by teekay213(m): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Why do you need to lie just to justify nonsense?
Yorubas did not attack Yoruba Muslims.
I stay in Ife and I was in town when everything happened.
You people will just sit down in Sambisa forest and be throwing innuendos around.
have they release the obas and the people they arrested?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by triplewisdom: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
FriendNG:
On this one I stand with Dangote and Sanusi.

And I am waiting for the court to give life sentence to the killers.
I think I support you on this.
Re: Ile Ife Genocide: Hausa Receive 50 Million As Compensation by Omoluabi16(m): 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
FriendNG:

So are you happy now? You go on ghost mode when the barbaric herdsmen kill and rape people, but you come here chestbeating about justice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Photo Of An IPOB Terrorist With Her Weapon / Ebonyi Apc: A Party In Disarray By Philip Nweze / Israel Awards Late Awolowo Certificate Of Excellence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.