Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 (71608 Views)

Apply: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2017
Kingzy4pep:
Hello. Thanks for helping. I just sent you an email now. Can you please go through it?
Seen and acknowledged
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2017
bolubej:

Were your responsibilities, competencies and acheivement stated in the recommendation letter?

Bolubej is a female and would prefer to be addressed as such

There is nothing to be confused about in the application...What are you confused about?

I used my discharge certificate as my recommendation letter and just discovered a letter of recommendation from inec here. can I reapply?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2017
bolubej:

Seen and acknowledged
I sent you a mail. Please attend to it. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2017
ApostleEbuka:

I used my discharge certificate as my recommendation letter and just discovered a letter of recommendation from inec here. can I reapply?

Reapplying is like shooting yourself on the foot. One application per person.Be confident in what you have sent and pray too. Never under estimate the power of prayer

As part of AU agenda 2063, AU would like to see youth participation in electioneering process.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2017
BestieSome:
I sent you a mail. Please attend to it. Thanks
I have attended to it
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by UcheE101(f): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
bolubej:

Where did you serve? u can get a letter from where you served . NYSC cert in my opinion can not stand as a recommendation letter.

@bolubej hi, I just sent you an email. Thanks.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
UcheE101:

@bolubej hi, I just sent you an email. Thanks.
k. will check
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
Based on the bulk of mails i have received, most questions were centered around recommendation letter.

I would want to reiterate that in my own opinion certificate is different from recommendation letter...i stand to be corrected though

Lets try to upload letters and not certificate except we dont have any option

Recommendation letter should include your postion in the firm, your contribution, competencies and basically the problems you were able to solve. I am afraid that certificates may not capture all....my thought though
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
bolubej:

Yes please

can this recommendation letter be substituted for reference letter?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Skydweller(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2017
I just applied but there was nothing to be printed as evidence of application. Do you print anything out when you registered?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by preshdiva(f): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2017
bolubej:

Were your responsibilities, competencies and acheivement stated in the recommendation letter?

Bolubej is a female and would prefer to be addressed as such

There is nothing to be confused about in the application...What are you confused about?

Just sent you a mail now, pls reply.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by LeakPlug(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2017
bolubej:
Based on the bulk of mails i have received, most questions were centered around recommendation letter.

I would want to reiterate that in my own opinion certificate is different from recommendation letter...i stand to be corrected though

Lets try to upload letters and not certificate except we dont have any option

Recommendation letter should include your postion in the firm, your contribution, competencies and basically the problems you were able to solve. I am afraid that certificates may not capture all....my thought though

I have just sent you an email. Please reply, Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
The requirements says International passport or national ID , but what I have is my NIM slip and my face is very dark, no thanks to my complexion.

Would this suffice?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by abdulbaba200(m): 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
I just sent my application successfully. I used one certificate of honor I received from a secondary school where I ever volunteer as recommendation letter, and PVC and NIM temporary slip as Means of ID with my Bs.c certificate. Is that OK people?

Another issue with my application is that i will be 36years old by 3/10/2017 is there any hope for me?

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Skydweller(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
NIM and National ID are the same.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by abdulbaba200(m): 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
I received this confirmation mail from AU-YVC some while ago

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
Is passport needed? If yes, please help me with the site yu used, thanks
piperson:

that site does not allow photos

Wondered how i would havve uploaded my passport photo

But ive succeeded anyways
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
Cc generalojukwu
bolubej and all that has successful registered

Please i need clarification. How am i to address the motivation letter??is it In a formal letter format?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by GeneralOjukwu: 10:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
Oluwainnie:
Cc generalojukwu
bolubej and all that has successful registered

Please i need clarification. How am i to address the motivation letter??is it In a formal letter format?

I wrote MINE as a formal letter....almost a decade ago. I don't know what obtains now, but i would advise a formal letter.

Reduce all the flowery words and show why YOU are the best candidate up for selection.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by PascalJ(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2017
General Ojukwu, that means u included ur residential address right? The second address, how and to whom did u address it? Thanks in advance for your answers.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Francon(f): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2017
Please I forgot to attach my recommendation letter from my place of work. Please can one send a separate mail to them?

I sent my C.V, Cover letter, NIM certificates, My bacherlor degree cert and NYSC discharge cert. Please will it alter my application?. I missed the last year own cos I heard it the day it expired. After the whole stress, I was it expired an hour ago. sad
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by onlyme07(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2017
Francon:
Please I forgot to attach my recommendation letter from my place of work. Please can one send a separate mail to them?

I sent my C.V, Cover letter, NIM certificates, My bacherlor degree cert and NYSC discharge cert. Please will it alter my application?. I missed the last year own cos I heard it the day it expired. After the whole stress, I was it expired an hour ago. sad

There is no harm in trying dear. You can even submit a new application with the same info and you include the missing doc so as not to make it look like double application.

Pls, let's be patient when doing things that concerns our future especially applications that can take us to greater heights. The deadline is 31st. I have not submitted either 'cos am taking my time to put things in order.

GenOjukwu,thanks for your inspiration and I hope some us will come back to testify.

It will end in praise..!

2 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Francon(f): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2017
onlyme07:

There is no harm in trying dear. You can even submit a new application with the same info and you include the missing doc so as not to make it look like double application.

Pls, let's be patient when doing things that concerns our future especially applications that can take us to greater heights. The deadline is 31st. I have not submitted either 'cos am taking my time to put things in order.

GenOjukwu,thanks for your inspiration and I hope some us will come back to testify.

It will end in praise..!

THANKS A LOT! I will try again later. Wish to see an old participant's motivation letter though. Any help please?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2017
I don't think it is wise to reapply
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2017
Ok thanks, pls how do i address it
GeneralOjukwu:

I wrote MINE as a formal letter....almost a decade ago. I don't know what obtains now, but i would advise a formal letter.

Reduce all the flowery words and show why YOU are the best candidate up for selection.

Good luck!
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2017
Hello, please how did yu address the motivation letter
Skydweller:
I just applied but there was nothing to be printed as evidence of application. Do you print anything out when you registered?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2017
Please how did yu address the motivation letter
abdulbaba200:
I just sent my application successfully. I used one certificate of honor I received from a secondary school where I ever volunteer as recommendation letter, and PVC and NIM temporary slip as Means of ID with my Bs.c certificate. Is that OK people?

Another issue with my application is that i will be 36years old by 3/10/2017 is there any hope for me?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Skydweller(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
Oluwainnie:
Hello, please how did yu address the motivation letter

Looking for whom to address the letter to is unnecessary. If the organizers of the scheme wanted the applicants to address a particular office, it would be stated in their writeup. But there was nothing like that. Why do you now have to bother yourself. In addendum, it is just a part of the whole thing. So, I urge you to just start your writeup. That was how I did mine and I got a message from them that my application is received in good other. I hope this helps. If it doesn't, I don tell you how I take do my own.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by jobbers: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
oh
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sure it does, thanks
Skydweller:

Looking for whom to address the letter to is unnecessary. If the organizers of the scheme wanted the applicants to address a particular office, it would be stated in their writeup. But there was nothing like that. Why do you now have to bother yourself. In addendum, it is just a part of the whole thing. So, I urge you to just start your writeup. That was how I did mine and I got a message from them that my application is received in good other. I hope this helps. If it doesn't, I don tell you how I take do my own.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by PascalJ(m): 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
onlyme07:

It will end in praise..!
Amen in Jesus name. I'm also taking my time to do some stuffs as touching d application.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by abdulbaba200(m): 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
The motivational letter should be in the form of cover letter as such you don't need any address. Just start with dear sir/ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! / Nnpc/Exxonmobil 2014 OND Graduates Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.