Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 (71614 Views)

Apply: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thanks
abdulbaba200:
The motivational letter should be in the form of cover letter as such you don't need any address. Just start with dear sir/ma
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
Will statement of result suffice? I don't have my bsc certificate now
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by barongmj(f): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
I only have my voter's card as the only means of identification. Can I use that?
Then pls the post secondary School certificate should be a degree right?
bolubej:

Were your responsibilities, competencies and acheivement stated in the recommendation letter?

Bolubej is a female and would prefer to be addressed as such

There is nothing to be confused about in the application...What are you confused about?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
A motivation letter and a cover letter are not entirely the same. They serve different purposes. Cover letter is only more commonly used by organisations to mean both. IMO, asking whether or not our letters should be addressed is a question folks who have gone through the process would best be able to answer. Surfing the web would also do the trick. As for me, I went through the advert again, and figured it's a division/department in the AUC making the advert. To me, our MOTIVATION letters should be addressed to that department while leaving out our own address.

Again, it's just my opinion. I'm an applicant myself.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
barongmj:
I only have my voter's card as the only means of identification. Can I use that?
Then pls the post secondary School certificate should be a degree right?
Why not get the NIN slip (or whatever it's called) using that voter's card? Isn't it the next best thing to the national ID card?

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
AlexisM16:
Will statement of result suffice? I don't have my bsc certificate now

Hello anybody?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
AlexisM16:

Hello anybody?
Yeah, it should. Or do you have any other post-sec degree? The SOR is your highest postsecondary education 'certificate' for now
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by greatestman(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Personal Statement (PS)
Motivation Letter

If you ever applied for admission in any University UK you will understand very well that motivation letter. You are not addressing it to anyone, Rather is more like a story telling, about your career aspirations, your achievements, why you choose to study in that University and Country. And of what benefits the course will be to your country and your future career goals.
And is a key indices for you to get admission in UK universities.
I got about three Admissions in UK Universities.
Unfortunately I couldn't secured Scholarship...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Victarion(m): 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
I have no work experience apart from the one I had during the nysc service year .. Can i still apply?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Sketch007(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:
A motivation letter and a cover letter are not entirely the same. They serve different purposes. Cover letter is only more commonly used by organisations to mean both. IMO, asking whether or not our letters should be addressed is a question folks who have gone through the process would best be able to answer. Surfing the web would also do the trick. As for me, I went through the advert again, and figured it's a division/department in the AUC making the advert. To me, our MOTIVATION letters should be addressed to that department while leaving out our own address.

Again, it's just my opinion. I'm an applicant myself.

@ the bolded, this got me. Same thing i did.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
greatestman:
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Personal Statement (PS)
Motivation Letter

If you ever applied for admission in any University UK you will understand very well that motivation letter. You are not addressing it to anyone, Rather is more like a story telling, about your career aspirations, your achievements, why you choose to study in that University and Country. And of what benefits the course will be to your country and your future career goals.
And is a key indices for you to get admission in UK universities.
I got about three Admissions in UK Universities.
Unfortunately I couldn't secured Scholarship...

Fortunately, I am conversant with foreign admissions. Emboldened is what basically distinguishes a motivation letter from a cover letter. Yes, we're writing a mot letter, but hey, the AUC is no university. That mot letters for admission abroad don't require addressing doesn't rule out the possibility of the requirement in other governmental and nongovernmental organisations. Bro, the fact that we're writing for a volunteering position is what even makes it ok to be regarded as a mot letter, otherwise we would be writing 'cover letter' to fly with our CVs.

Still an opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by PascalJ(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
Pls I don't seem to understand the pre-deployment training stuff and it is slated for September 2017, does it mean it's going to start by September because they also said in another place that the volunteering itself start by 2018. They said they will be pay for it separately. Please I need some clarification here. Someone help me.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thats what I'm equally using
AlexisM16:

Hello anybody?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by youngmoneys: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
PascalJ:
Pls I don't seem to understand the pre-deployment training stuff and it is slated for September 2017, does it mean it's going to start by September because they also said in another place that the volunteering itself start by 2018. They said they will be pay for it separately. Please I need some clarification here. Someone help me.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by greatestman(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:

Fortunately, I am conversant with foreign admissions. Emboldened is what basically distinguishes a motivation letter from a cover letter. Yes, we're writing a mot letter, but hey, the AUC is no university. That mot letters for admission abroad don't require addressing doesn't rule out the possibility of the requirement in other governmental and nongovernmental organisations. Bro, the fact that we're writing for a volunteering position is what even makes it ok to be regarded as a mot letter, otherwise we would be writing 'cover letter' to fly with our CVs.

Still an opinion.

I am just giving an instance, OK most Universities in Germany use motivation letter in place of Statement of Purpose which means the same thing.. But here they clear outline what your motivation letter should look like. .
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
greatestman:

I am just giving an instance, OK most Universities in Germany use motivation letter in place of Statement of Purpose which means the same thing.. But here they clear outline what your motivation letter should look like. .
Ok.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by PascalJ(m): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
youngmoneys:
. Sept a redeployment training bfore moving to ur ppa which will be 2018
Where will the redeployment training take place. In our own country or outside our country.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by DAramis: 3:14am On Jul 18, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Wow ...thanks for being upfront.

I wanted to apply but I learnt about it too late and the application process was too tedious.

Try applying to both the AU and World Bank Young Professionals Programme (YPP) I initially wanted to, but my career took another path. ..

Good luck!
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by DAramis: 3:14am On Jul 18, 2017
bolubej:

I was deployed to Rwanda
Benefit include
$1000 settling in Allowance
I was paid $600, those deployed to Kenya were paid 700 and SA got $1000
$2500 post deployment settlement
AU passport that gives you a visa free access to all AU member state within the one year
and other benefit that u can tap into and leverage upon
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by DAramis: 3:16am On Jul 18, 2017
bolubej:

@ApostleEbuka
A signed reccomendation is a recommendation letter duly signed and stamped.
It should state your responsibilities, your achievement and competencies. It should sound convincing.
It doesnt have to be a paid job or volunteering service. AU would want to see a selfless person who has contributed one thing or the other in the community or organization

I would suggest you upload all your document in pdf format...its shows professionalism and not editable as other format could distort the configuration of your document
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by davosky3: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Please I sent u a mail @bolubej@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by youngmoneys: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=DAramis post=58565233][/quote]
Pls is ur 600$ monthly or just once
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by youngmoneys: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2017
bolubej:

I was deployed to Rwanda
Benefit include
$1000 settling in Allowance
I was paid $600, those deployed to Kenya were paid 700 and SA got $1000
$2500 post deployment settlement
AU passport that gives you a visa free access to all AU member state within the one year
and other benefit that u can tap into and leverage upon
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by PascalJ(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
youngmoneys:

That is the monthly stipend bro
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by DAramis: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
youngmoneys:
I am not the one in question but the quoted amount is monthly stipend.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by youngmoneys: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
DAramis:

I am not the one in question but the quoted amount is monthly stipend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Pinkieblue(f): 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hi all.... Please what is the link for the world Bank job Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 3:30am On Jul 19, 2017
bolubej:
Based on the bulk of mails i have received, most questions were centered around recommendation letter.

I would want to reiterate that in my own opinion certificate is different from recommendation letter...i stand to be corrected though

Lets try to upload letters and not certificate except we dont have any option

Recommendation letter should include your postion in the firm, your contribution, competencies and basically the problems you were able to solve. I am afraid that certificates may not capture all....my thought though

Should the cover letter carry a salutation or just written straight to the point?

Somebody help!!!
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2017
Wishing us all the best and God's blessings.

Recruitment Process & Key Dates
1st August – eligibility Check;
14th August: Successful applicants will be notified;
September 2017: Pre-deployment training;
2018: Deployment of trained volunteers.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by korlahwarleh: 9:29am On Jul 19, 2017
bolubej:
Based on the bulk of mails i have received, most questions were centered around recommendation letter.

I would want to reiterate that in my own opinion certificate is different from recommendation letter...i stand to be corrected though

Lets try to upload letters and not certificate except we dont have any option

Recommendation letter should include your postion in the firm, your contribution, competencies and basically the problems you were able to solve. I am afraid that certificates may not capture all....my thought though

Thanks for the advice. I have a question however. I have letter of recommendation from where I did my service. I also did a social voluntary project sometimes back, and I have the link to the address online, can I put the link in the CV or motivation letter, so that they can see the pictures and see more about it?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2017
bolubej:

Yes pls. Will respond as soon as i can
pls help @bolubej.I don't have any volunteer experience,no international passport and also I have OND as a port secondary cert. Also my concern now is I have not done My clearance in school. I my eligible to apply.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2017
pls i need urgent response on this,i don't have any volunteer experience( or can IT placement stand in as volunteer experience) ,no international passport and also I have OND as port secondary cert. Also my concern now is i have not done my clearance in school. I my eligible to apply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! / Nnpc/Exxonmobil 2014 OND Graduates Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.