Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 (71610 Views)

Apply: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Olowozain:
How It Works
- Aspiring volunteers who fulfill all requirements should fill out the online application form and upload their CV.
- Organizations wishing to deploy youth volunteers are required to fill out the online request form . Alternatively, organizations can send their request to youth@africa-union.org
- Screening: Volunteer Applications and Volunteer Requests would now be screened for completeness through a vigorous and transparent process. Candidates whose application was not convincing, would be eliminated and notified. Volunteers are permitted to reapply a second time.
- Matching: Applications of nominated volunteer candidates are matched with available vacancies according to the criteria specified by the requesting organization.
- Selection: The AU-YVC would send multiple CVs (4-cool of matched volunteers to requesting organization to make final selection.
- Volunteer Training: Prior to their deployment volunteers would be trained for a period of 2 to 3 weeks by the AU-YVC unit to enhance volunteers professional, interpersonal and life skills. The training aims to prepare volunteers for their country of deployment and/or enhance their capacity.
- Deployment: selected volunteers would now sign a tri-partite agreement with their host organization and the AUC which shall guide the terms of deployment.
- Progress Assessment: volunteers are expected to provide regular reports on their activities and address challenges to the AU-YVC unit.

Hi Olowozain
I need to reach you. Can you text me your number here 08063925717 so I can call you asap as the 31st deadline for submission is fast approaching on me. Thanks a lot
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:

I sent you a mail. You said to let you know if I ever did.

I have sent you a mail bolubej through chuksanizoba@gmail.com
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Rappen:
]This year is my AU YVC year no doubt!

I applied last year, I wasn't selected but was given a feedback from them of how my application was 90% okay except the little omission which made my application not to be selected, this is one area Nigerian recruiters need to upgrade to, giving recruitment feedback. It would help candidates a lot.

Now with the feedback I got last year, my application this year is 100% on point by Gods grace.

For those who applied last year, you'd agree that the application process is a little different, but easier and if you'd find it quite of a free low kind of thing when you import last years' application insights.

AU YVC program is a very transparent process, and I commend them a lot for their professionalism over the years I have followed them.

I can't wait for August 15th 2017 for that congratulatory success mail.

Let the count down begin! 24 days to go

Bros plz can u give us more hint on this info.... What type of recommendation letter did u use?

Hi, can I have your number to ask for your assistance as the 31st deadline is fast approaching and I have not started applying. I like to see your sample letters including CV, cover letter and others. Kindly text me your number here 08063925717. Thanks a mil
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by honTim(m): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Finally submitted my application. This has to be my time to shine. Just when I thought I wasn't going to waste my time applying. I came across a friend who was among last batch and he helped me modified my documents(Recommendation letter, Motivation letter and CV). Now am already preparing for pre-deployment training. Can't wait for this once in a life time experience. Africa, here I come.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
charlesucheh:
I've applied already! But I must let you all know that the application itself is like writing an exam with a computer based knowledge. So if you're not the smart ICT type, you just might experience difficulties trying to apply. It should be an exciting and non-profit making experience. They promise to make life comfortable as you discharge a community development service to your area of deployment which is outside your country of origin, monthly stipends will be paid but it's just to make you feel comfortable and not ostentatious. Like it implies, it's a volunteering scheme, and only young Africans with strong pan-African motives can well fit in. Which you all best of lucks.

Hello,

Thanks for your post. I need your help. I am trying to write my application especially motivation letter and I want to get it right. Can you guide me. Can you show me a sample of your motivation letter and cover letter and perhaps CV. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
honTim:
Finally submitted my application. This has to be my time to shine. Just when I thought I wasn't going to waste my time applying. I came across a friend who was among last batch and he helped me modified my documents(Recommendation letter, Motivation letter and CV). Now am already preparing for pre-deployment training. Can't wait for this once in a life time experience. Africa, here I come.

Hello honTim. I just want to apply. I share in your joy but I want you to also help me as the 31st deadline is fast approaching. Can you guide me, show me your sample recommendation letter. Motivation letter and CV so I can modify or connect me with your friend. Here is my number. 08063925717. Kindly text me your number on my line. Thanks alot
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by blaze612(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
please house ,will the recommendation letter be handwritten or typed?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by honTim(m): 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
Although, am not sure he is going to be sharing samples, but he can help you make the necessary corrections. My advice is that u send him what you have and let him add his touch. Good luck to us.
andreaj5:

Hello honTim. I just want to apply. I share in your joy but I want you to also help me as the 31st deadline is fast approaching. Can you guide me, show me your sample recommendation letter. Motivation letter and CV so I can modify or connect me with your friend. Here is my number. 08063925717. Kindly text me your number on my line. Thanks alot
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by honTim(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
blaze612:
please house ,will the recommendation letter be handwritten or typed?
it should be typed oh oga
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by charlesucheh(m): 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
andreaj5:

Hello,

Thanks for your post. I need your help. I am trying to write my application especially motivation letter and I want to get it right. Can you guide me. Can you show me a sample of your motivation letter and cover letter and perhaps CV. Thanks
sure no problem...just make sure its not more than 750 words
NB:
1. IT MUST ENTAIL WHY YOU WANT TO BE AN AU VOLUNTEER CORPS MEMBER
2. YOU MUST GIVE A SHORT NARRATION ON YOU ACHIEVEMENTS AS A FORMER VOLUNTEERED MEMBER IN ANY ORGANIZATION E.G YOUR NYSC AND OTHERS.
3. WHAT YOU TEND TO ACHIEVE AND BECOME AFTER THE TIME PERIOD
4.THE CHALLENGES AND ACTIVITIES IN YOUR LAST VOLUNTEERING SERVICE.
bros, though, i didn't send my letter directly to you, but am sure this will give you a proper guide to how you are suppose to go about it.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by HopeAlive16(f): 8:04am On Jul 23, 2017
Pls those that have done this AU volunteering before and those that have successfully submitted, how was your motivation letter and cover letter addressed,pls help me
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2017
Dear sir/ma
HopeAlive16:
Pls those that have done this AU volunteering before and those that have successfully submitted, how was your motivation letter and cover letter addressed,pls help me
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Freeezzz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
belcom10:
Thanks for your response,i am not a fresh ond graduate bro.I had a lot of experience in my line of career but just the volunteer aspect. Thanks
What about any group in your church or mosque? Are you (actively)part of any group in your denomination that you've really been faithful and diligent for over a year or so that your pastor or head of department can write a letter of recommendation for? If yes, I strongly 'believe' you can apply. My believe though.
cool
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
Will these be accepted? Or how serious are you.
Freeezzz:

What about any group in your church or mosque? Are you (actively)part of any group in your denomination that you've really been faithful and diligent for over a year or so that your pastor or head of department can write a letter of recommendation for? If yes, I strongly 'believe' you can apply. My believe though.
cool
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Freeezzz(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
belcom10:
Will these be accepted? Or how serious are you.
Churches and mosques are technically and according to law, non-profit organizations, so one being an active contributor to her cause makes one a volunteer. So, I guess I'm serious then. But again, this is my belief.
cool
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nice one, thanks for your thought. I am actively in church activities. I guess I will use that. Pls another question ;must someone has international passport before applying. Thanks for your time bro.
Freeezzz:

Churches and mosques are technically and according to law, non-profit organizations, so one being an active contributor to her cause makes one a volunteer. So, I guess I'm serious then. But again, this is my belief.
cool
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Freeezzz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
belcom10:
Nice one, thanks for your thought. I am actively in church activities. I guess I will use that. Pls another question ;must someone has international passport before applying. Thanks for your time bro.
Your pastor or unit head would have to write a very convincing recommendation letter to back it up.
Part of the requirements says; you scanning your details page of your int. passport or your national id card. So, if you've got your national id card, it would still work.
cool
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Freeezzz:

Your pastor or unit head would have to write a very convincing recommendation letter to back it up.
Part of the requirements says; you scanning your details page of your int. passport or your national id card. So, if you've got your national id card, it would still work. :
cool
thanks bro. Sun dey ur side, u sabi use sun glasses o smiley
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Pls,if u don't mind can you help me in the area of recommendation letter and cv. Is cv going to be a combination of professional and voluteer experience(working experience) .And pls give me the details of recommendation letter. Thanks in advance. an
honTim:
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
bolubej:

Pls feel free to PM me now. I will be available to answer your questions but i would suggest we have thequestions here so that others too can benefit
pls can I get recommendation letter from church or can an industrial training attachment serves as volunteer experience. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by PascalJ(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Miss Bolubej, I want to ask some pertinent questions from you and they are as follows:
(1) Is accommodation been provided by the host organisation that one will be deployed to or by the African Union Commission?
(2) Were you paid the settling-in allowance during the period of pre-deployment training or when one start the volunteering itself?
(3) Is the host organisation permitted to retain any volunteers deployed to their organisation after the 12 months of the programme?
(4) The pre-deployment training, where is it going to take place? Outside Nigeria or within for Nigerian applicants?
Love the way u have been answering those questions directed to u, pls help do justice to these questions of mine.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by osane09(m): 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Answers to frequently asked question linked to this is app...download and read

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by davosky3: 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please will it be right to upload two recommendation letters. One from previous volunteer organisation and another from current place of work. Please anybody with useful insight can answer me. wink
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2017
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by djflamini(m): 1:39am On Jul 24, 2017
Please house,when is the expiration date I want to apply ,please urgent response. Thanks.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by usaefat(m): 2:11am On Jul 24, 2017
Hello house!

This is for AUYVC Alumni.:

Is there any harm in having 2 recommendation letters? Since the advert says at least one volunteer experience.

Also, since the NIMC SLIP containing NIN does not include date of birth, can I just attach my birth certificate along with the NIMC slip?

Thank you!
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nafizzey(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2017
bolubej:

Seen and acknowledged
Can I use a certificate signed and stamped issued to me by my PPA NYSC as astounding Corper praising me as the recommendations letter? thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nafizzey(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2017
charlesucheh:
visit www.mergepdf.com
web page not available, any alternative?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2017
AlexisM16:
AUYVC Frequently Asked Questions

https://www.africa-youth.org/base/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/AUYVC-Frequently-Asked-Questions.pdf

Click to download PDF document.
Well, I just saw the content of the file, and I must say that IF IT'S CREDIBLE AND ANYTHING TO GO BY, then I'm really disappointed in the AUC. An answer to a question of whether or not successful applicants would be deployed at the start of the new year says that CVs of trained volunteers are matched with available vacancies within the African Union’s Organs and partner organisations. Volunteers are encouraged to continue with their normal lives until they have received official communication from the AUYVC

Well, I think that's really crappy. Why should they ever call for application when there aren't vacancies?? Why not make deployments in batches?? What do they take us youths for? Youth engagement and participation my foot! And I thought they had a different touch and approach to things, better than my beloved Nigeria, it's crystal now that they don't! They too lack organisation, desultoriness eats into their core too. I really am disappointed. They aren't ready for that socioeconomic renaissance they claim to aim to achieve with this scheme. I fear for Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by charlesucheh(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2017
Nafizzey:
web page not available, any alternative?
SORRY SIR! MY MISTAKE... ITS :www.pdfmerge.com
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:

Well, I just saw the content of the file, and I must say that IF IT'S CREDIBLE AND ANYTHING TO GO BY, then I'm really disappointed in the AUC. An answer to a question of whether or not successful applicants would be deployed at the start of the new year says that CVs of trained volunteers are matched with available vacancies within the African Union’s Organs and partner organisations. Volunteers are encouraged to continue with their normal lives until they have received official communication from the AUYVC

Well, I think that's really crappy. Why should they ever call for application when there aren't vacancies?? Why not make deployments in batches?? What do they take us youths for? Youth engagement and participation my foot! And I thought they had a different touch and approach to things, better than my beloved Nigeria, it's crystal now that they don't! They too lack organisation, desultoriness eats into their core too. I really am disappointed. They aren't ready for that socioeconomic renaissance they claim to aim to achieve with this scheme. I fear for Africa.

After reading the FAQs last night, I was also so discouraged to find out NYSC is more organized that AUYVC. At least NYSC guarantees you a PPA and even accomodation to some extent.

To think that all my hope was on this one. My enthusiasm took a nose dive last night and I no longer look forward to the excitement of participating in the programme.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by mop4: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2017
Please i have a question during filling of the online form after choosing files do i need to click upload before submitting

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! / Nnpc/Exxonmobil 2014 OND Graduates Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.