Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 (71605 Views)

Apply: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by neheholmes(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2017
belcom10:
pls i need urgent response on this,i don't have any volunteer experience( or can IT placement stand in as volunteer experience) ,no international passport and also I have OND as port secondary cert. Also my concern now is i have not done my clearance in school. I my eligible to apply
calm down,try and gather some experience and try it next year
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by belcom10(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks for your response,i am not a fresh ond graduate bro.I had a lot of experience in my line of career but just the volunteer aspect. Thanks
neheholmes:
calm down,try and gather some experience and try it next year
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by neheholmes(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
That's fine,but I think having a volunteering experience is a key*
belcom10:
Thanks for your response,i am not a fresh ond graduate bro.I had a lot of experience in my line of career but just the volunteer aspect. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
bolubej:

its bolubej@yahoo.co.uk. but remember to come here and drop a message that you have sent me a mail so i can attend to it
I sent you a mail. You said to let you know if I ever did.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by AlexisM16: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
Bolubej, I sent you a mail.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by cloud9usher: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
This year is my AU YVC year no doubt!

I applied last year, I wasn't selected but was given a feedback from them of how my application was 90% okay except the little omission which made my application not to be selected, this is one area Nigerian recruiters need to upgrade to, giving recruitment feedback. It would help candidates a lot.

Now with the feedback I got last year, my application this year is 100% on point by Gods grace.

For those who applied last year, you'd agree that the application process is a little different, but easier and if you'd find it quite of a free low kind of thing when you import last years' application insights.

AU YVC program is a very transparent process, and I commend them a lot for their professionalism over the years I have followed them.

I can't wait for August 15th 2017 for that congratulatory success mail.

Let the count down begin! 24 days to go!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Rappen: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
]This year is my AU YVC year no doubt!

I applied last year, I wasn't selected but was given a feedback from them of how my application was 90% okay except the little omission which made my application not to be selected, this is one area Nigerian recruiters need to upgrade to, giving recruitment feedback. It would help candidates a lot.

Now with the feedback I got last year, my application this year is 100% on point by Gods grace.

For those who applied last year, you'd agree that the application process is a little different, but easier and if you'd find it quite of a free low kind of thing when you import last years' application insights.

AU YVC program is a very transparent process, and I commend them a lot for their professionalism over the years I have followed them.

Let the count down begin! 24 days to go

Bros plz can u give us more hint on this info.... What type of recommendation letter did u use?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by DAramis: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rappen:

Bros plz can u give us more hint on this info.... What type of recommendation letter did u use?
He may not be willing to Share it now knowing how competitive this program is. He may prove me wrong sha.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
What was the omission
cloud9usher:

Let the count down begin! 24 days to go!!! grin
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by cloud9usher: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rappen:

A well written and detailed recommendation explaining why I'm being recommended for the AU-YUC. I got it from the company were I used to work, they do rural campaign awareness for their youth empowerment programs and training, its not an NGO though, it a company but they source for youths to train. There are plenty other ways you can get a recommendation letter, even from a church. I can go on and on.

Also, its not just getting a recommendation letter, let the recommendation sell you off well to the Africa Union.

Then also, make sure your cover letter is top notch, make sure you take this section very very seriously if you want to be shortlisted.

AU-YVC is an experience to have I must say, I can remember those I met last year and 2 years ago who had the experience and its something to look forward to, and best of all is that this "job" opens doors to other bigger opportunities, most of them I know who came back are out of the country for bigger opportunities which AU-YVC platform made them take advantage of, places like Europe, America.

All the best to you all.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by cloud9usher: 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
Oluwainnie:
What was the omission

Last year's application, we were given sections by section to give details of how best we are suited for the job role, my "motivation section" was literally empty and that's what got me denied for selection, I got this info from the feedback they sent to me.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
cloud9usher:

I applied last year, I wasn't selected but was given a feedback from them of how my application was 90% okay except the little omission which made my application not to be selected , this is one area Nigerian recruiters need to upgrade to, giving recruitment feedback. It would help candidates a lot.
Emboldened is highly commendable.
Good luck firing back cheesy
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
cloud9usher:

A well written and detailed recommendation explaining why I'm being recommended for the AU-YUC. I got it from the company were I used to work, they do rural campaign awareness for their youth empowerment programs and training, its not an NGO though, it a company but they source for youths to train. There are plenty other ways you can get a recommendation letter, even from a church. I can go on and on.

Also, its not just getting a recommendation letter, let the recommendation sell you off well to the Africa Union.

Then also, make sure your cover letter is top notch, make sure you take this section very very seriously if you want to be shortlisted.

AU-YVC is an experience to have I must say, I can remember those I met last year and 2 years ago who had the experience and its something to look forward to, and best of all is that this "job" opens doors to other bigger opportunities, most of them I know who came back are out of the country for bigger opportunities which AU-YVC platform made them take advantage of, places like Europe, America.

All the best to you all.

Ah! Sir, I was among the first peeps that applied this year. Faster than my shadow I must say. I made lots of error from this feedback. I used my NYSC discharge certificate as the recommendation letter and my peace corps deployment letter as my second recommendation letter. Please is it advisable to reapply? Or should I just hand it over to God? My motivation letter by the grace of God is OK.

God bless you.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
ApostleEbuka:

Ah! Sir, I was among the first peeps that applied this year. Faster than my shadow I must say. I made lots of error from this feedback. I used my NYSC discharge certificate as the recommendation letter and my peace corps deployment letter as my second recommendation letter. Please is it advisable to reapply? Or should I just hand it over to God? My motivation letter by the grace of God is OK.

God bless you.
Holl up, you uploaded two recommendation letters??

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by cloud9usher: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
ApostleEbuka:

God bless you.

I'm not an authority here but I don't think double applications go well with a recruitment process.

A recommendation letter is just like a "praise singing" letter from a present or past employer, or an institution with which you have had dealings with related to volunteering or developmental work. The letter explains why you are best suited for the position you are applying for, I'm sorry to say but stuff like NYSC certificate or Peace Corps deployment letter are NOT recommendation letters are they don't serve such a purpose. The NYSC and Peace Corp documents can be shown to prove you have had some related volunteering work experience but they don't do much in selling you as the best candidate for the job.

You mentioned God, nothing is impossible with him, although your document submissions are clearly not appropriate, God can still change things to your favour, dependent on your faith though.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
ApostleEbuka:

God bless you.
Yeah, you should hand it over. I wouldn't advise you re-apply. It's not a Nigerian system; we should expect it to be solid, and not as leaky as most Nigerian systems.

I have a question, though.... Are the two recommendation letters you uploaded a part of the mistakes you've realised and are trying to correct?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by honTim(m): 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
bolubej:

Were your responsibilities, competencies and acheivement stated in the recommendation letter?

Bolubej is a female and would prefer to be addressed as such

There is nothing to be confused about in the application...What are you confused about?
please, I need your help. I would appreciate it if you can send your phone number or better still, send me a mail. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Rappen: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
please, I need your help. I would appreciate it if you can send your phone number to omorodion547@gmail.com or better still, send me a mail. Thanks in anticipation.

Need it too.... manuelchibyke@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:

Holl up, you uploaded two recommendation letters??

Yeah (though nysc certificate and peace corps deployment letter). I believe you can even upload more if you are able to. No specific amount of uploads was indicated. (I think)
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
cloud9usher:

I'm not an authority here but I don't think double applications go well with a recruitment process.

A recommendation letter is just like a "praise singing" letter from a present or past employer, or an institution with which you have had dealings with related to volunteering or developmental work. The letter explains why you are best suited for the position you are applying for, I'm sorry to say but stuff like NYSC certificate or Peace Corps deployment letter are NOT recommendation letters are they don't serve such a purpose. The NYSC and Peace Corp documents can be shown to prove you have had some related volunteering work experience but they don't do much in selling you as the best candidate for the job.

You mentioned God, nothing is impossible with him, although your document submissions are clearly not appropriate, God can still change things to your favour, dependent on your faith though.

Modified. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Hurrsome: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2017
Are you confident and energetic?
Are you unemployed, self employed or employed by any other means but you just have some free time to make extra cash?
Are you well a groomed and charismatic salesman or saleswoman?
Are you interested in real estate?

If the above apply to you. Contact me and let me show you how you can earn a comfortable stream of six to seven figure income in real estate just talking and selling. All done in your free time.

Call or text 09077576133, WhatsApp: 07086750220
Email: Ebunlijadu@gmail.com

Note: For serious minded persons only
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Juliearth(f): 2:30am On Jul 22, 2017
bolubej:

its bolubej@yahoo.co.uk. but remember to come here and drop a message that you have sent me a mail so i can attend to it

Done sir.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Olowozain: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2017
No matter what is written on your recommendation letter, the best recommendation for selection is the one you can give to yourself.

All recommendations are subject to be positively exaggerated. You keep reading that you can get it from anywhere easily and you can as well influence it.

I think the most important parts are your motivation letter and your CV. The two parts will definitely convey to an experienced recruiter what you have in bulk to offer the community you will be deployed. If you don't have anything to offer, if you don't understand problem you are likely to solve and if you don't convey the values you are bringing in, then do I care about the recommendation letter? Although I believe the recommendation letter will play a slightly role when competing between two or more applicants of the same weight.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Olowozain: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2017
How It Works
- Aspiring volunteers who fulfill all requirements should fill out the online application form and upload their CV.
- Organizations wishing to deploy youth volunteers are required to fill out the online request form . Alternatively, organizations can send their request to youth@africa-union.org
- Screening: Volunteer Applications and Volunteer Requests would now be screened for completeness through a vigorous and transparent process. Candidates whose application was not convincing, would be eliminated and notified. Volunteers are permitted to reapply a second time.
- Matching: Applications of nominated volunteer candidates are matched with available vacancies according to the criteria specified by the requesting organization.
- Selection: The AU-YVC would send multiple CVs (4-cool of matched volunteers to requesting organization to make final selection.
- Volunteer Training: Prior to their deployment volunteers would be trained for a period of 2 to 3 weeks by the AU-YVC unit to enhance volunteers professional, interpersonal and life skills. The training aims to prepare volunteers for their country of deployment and/or enhance their capacity.
- Deployment: selected volunteers would now sign a tri-partite agreement with their host organization and the AUC which shall guide the terms of deployment.
- Progress Assessment: volunteers are expected to provide regular reports on their activities and address challenges to the AU-YVC unit.

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by emolala(m): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2017
Olowozain:
How It Works
- Aspiring volunteers who fulfill all requirements should fill out the online application form and upload their CV.
- Organizations wishing to deploy youth volunteers are required to fill out the online request form . Alternatively, organizations can send their request to youth@africa-union.org
- Screening: Volunteer Applications and Volunteer Requests would now be screened for completeness through a vigorous and transparent process. Candidates whose application was not convincing, would be eliminated and notified. Volunteers are permitted to reapply a second time.
- Matching: Applications of nominated volunteer candidates are matched with available vacancies according to the criteria specified by the requesting organization.
- Selection: The AU-YVC would send multiple CVs (4-cool of matched volunteers to requesting organization to make final selection.
- Volunteer Training: Prior to their deployment volunteers would be trained for a period of 2 to 3 weeks by the AU-YVC unit to enhance volunteers professional, interpersonal and life skills. The training aims to prepare volunteers for their country of deployment and/or enhance their capacity.
- Deployment: selected volunteers would now sign a tri-partite agreement with their host organization and the AUC which shall guide the terms of deployment.
- Progress Assessment: volunteers are expected to provide regular reports on their activities and address challenges to the AU-YVC unit.

So helpful....Thanks a lot.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2017
[b]bolubej

Hello Bolubej. How do you do?
I sent a mail to you.
Here is the content

Dear Bolu.
How are you doing today? I want to begin my application for AU YVC 2018 today as I just heard about it recently and just got my passport.

As deadline is fast approaching and I might be running out of time, I need your support as I have read through your posts on nairaland and value your experience.

Can you help me with the following in order to meet up with time?
Content of your own or any sample AU-YVC
- Recommendation letter
- Cover letter
- Motivation letter
- Application letter
- CV
And perhaps any other document required

Looking at yours as a guide will help me write my own without error and meet up with time.

I understand if you might not be comfortable disclosing such information to a stranger but I like to establish a good rapport and friendship with you before, during and after my engagement with AU-YVC organisation
I have worked with 3 different NGOs.
During my youth service, I got a certificate of commendation from Kogi state where I served in 2011 for outstanding service to the state. I did many selfless projects from training, seminar to empowerment both secondary school, polytechnic, general hospital to fellow Corp members who where all beneficiaries to my CSR.

I have had 6 years working experience. Worked with about 3 organisations with good working experience from HOD, manager(IT& project), consultant(IT&Business) to professional skill position. I have had to manage people more in my work experience than execute jobs

kindly leave your number or text me your number here

I am resident in Lagos

I look forward to your mentoring me through the application and training process thank you and God bless.[/b]
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by piperson(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2017
Oluwainnie:
Is passport needed? If yes, please help me with the site yu used, thanks
pdfmerge.com

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
piperson:
pdfmerge.com
Oh. The passport photo would be combined with the other documents into the required 1 PDF document?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by youngmoneys: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:

Oh. The passport photo would be combined with the other documents into the required 1 PDF document?

Int.passport
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
youngmoneys:

Int.passport
Oh. Thanks.... I thought he meant the photograph. How is the photograph uploaded then?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
honTim:
please, I need your help. I would appreciate it if you can send your phone number to omorodion547@gmail.com or better still, send me a mail. Thanks in anticipation.

Hello Bolubej. how are you today? Although I have sent you a mail through chuksanizoba@gmail.com but I am still hopeful for your response as 31st deadline is fast approaching.kindly text me your number here 08063925717. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by andreaj5: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello Bolubej.
I sent you a mail and also left a message here. My email ID is chuksanizoba@gmail.com
And my number is 08063925717. Kindly text me number. Thanks a lot.
Juliearth:

Done sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! / Nnpc/Exxonmobil 2014 OND Graduates Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.