Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 (89290 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2018/2019 / UEFA Champions League 2017: Scores After Tuesday Group Matches And Latest Tables / Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by YoungForever: 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Funny reading some of the comment here.

Very interesting season we having.

@mazi back in the days you normally do reviews and all why did you stop. Enjoy reading them then.

Is she gon pop
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by 2eggs1goal: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
YoungForever:
Funny reading some of the comment here.

Very interesting season we having.

@mazi back in the days you normally do reviews and all why did you stop. Enjoy reading them then.

Is she gon pop
Tuale baba, the guy with the best previous overall years history in the game on nairaland. You suppose the give us hint and moves o.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by pamcode(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
What if I told you guys I literally bought Pogba only to remove him when I realized the next match was against City.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by MaziOmenuko: 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Nihilist got more points on the bench than most of us on the pitch.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by pamcode(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Nihilist got more points on the bench than most of us on the pitch.
I can't believe he benched Milvilojevic for Grob.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by pamcode(m): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
wasn't Kane given that goal?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
pamcode:
I can't believe he benched Milvilojevic for Grob.

gross had an assist today. but they gave the goal to owen goal angry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by MaziOmenuko: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
pamcode:
wasn't Kane given that goal?

FPL hates me. First time this happened, they gave kdb's goal to aguero, now they denied kane the goal, same exact way aguero's own happened.

Double standard!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by xynerise: 8:22am On Apr 08, 2018
This Game week sucks baje baje grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by sod09(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2018
If you get more than points
Twale....
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
what kind of stüpid line up is this Wenger putting out like this sef?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by pamcode(m): 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

FPL hates me. First time this happened, they gave kdb's goal to aguero, now they denied kane the goal, same exact way aguero's own happened.

Double standard!
As in my brother I just weak o.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Oasis007(m): 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2018
Should have used my reserved GK instead of De Gea, the Lad got 10 fùcking Points ffs. I thought Everton gonna be pummeled by Liverpool bur..... but was disappointed.

This is my debut Season though, and I'm certain to improve and probably be in the top 10 in the next Season.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by sod09(m): 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
Oasis007:
Should have used my reserved GK instead of De Gea, the Lad got 10 fùcking Points ffs. I thought Everton gonna be pummeled by Liverpool bur..... but was disappointed.

This is my debut Season though, and I'm certain to improve and probably be in the top 10 in the next Season.
you no they hear word I told you don't put your emotion first
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by MaziOmenuko: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2018
I don't know what to do with my team this week!

Ibime is on free hit, I know he is going to pack all double-game players into his team!
Do we really need all them double-game players? I mean, Salah vs Bournamouth can outscore Eriksen/Ali/Son vs Mancity + Brighton.

That Zamzummim dude got a wildcard still intact so I am sure he will play it now and pack his team full.

Infact, looking at the teams in the top 20 teams and the chips still left in their Arsenal, it is obvious the next few weeks is going to be very interesting.

Some interesting facts:

Only 2 teams in the top 20 has just one chip left, the rest has either 2 chips or more. None has all four chips intact. Looking at those chips, I think the most powerful one to have now is WC, followed by TC/FH (I will rate both in the same class) and then finally BB. So lets see the teams that have the upper hand in the competition:

Ten of the top-20 teams have 3 chips intact. Infact they have the biggest advantage. Apart from Youngforever, Nihilist and PeitriRico at 2nd, 3rd and 7th spot respectively, all other top-10 teams have all 3 chips intact.

Interestingly, only Ibime and 2 other teams on top-20 have no Tripple-Captain chip left so i believe the battle will rest on that tripple-captain chip; when to play it and who to play it on. With the way managers are playing this game like a game of poker, hiding their hand for the last minute, a believe majority of the managers are waiting to play it on Gmweek 37 when Spurs, Arsenal, Manutd and City will all have a double gameweek. Now for the who? That will be interesting to find out.

But is the tripple-captain chip overated? Kane returned 9pts when some managers played theirs on his double game week few months back. I will not be surprised if the same fate awaits us all.

All managers at the top-20 have their BenchBoost. So it is right to assume that most will play theirs this week for the doubles and play TC next double; or play TC this week and BB next double. So the battle lies between these two gameweeks and how to deploy the chips effectively.

Only 7 managers still have their FH intact so next week with few games will be their biggest advantage. It will be interesting to see how they use the FH effectively.

Among the four managers who still has WC, none has FH as that would have been a terrific advantage. But all four of them have TC and somehow, I still fear how much wreck those managers can cause with that combo.

So at a glance for top-20:

BB: 20 teams
TC: 17 teams
WC: 4 teams
_____

BB + TC + FH: 6 teams
BB + TC + WC: 4 teams
___

BB + TC: 7 teams
BB + FH: 1 team

Shout out to Viqta FC at 1st position with almost 20-point gap and 3 chips still intact; it will be a big feat displacing you at the top, but be assured that a lot will try.

So, what do you guys think?

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Ibime is on free hit, I know he is going to pack all double-game players into his team!
Do we really need all them double-game players? I mean, Salah vs Bournamouth can outscore Eriksen/Ali/Son vs Mancity + Brighton.

That Zamzummim dude got a wildcard still intact so I am sure he will play it now and pack his team full.

Infact, looking at the teams in the top 20 teams and the chips still left in their Arsenal, it is obvious the next few weeks is going to be very interesting.

Some interesting facts:

Only 2 teams in the top 20 has just one chip left, the rest has either 2 chips or more. None has all four chips intact. Looking at those chips, I think the most powerful one to have now is WC, followed by TC/FH (I will rate both in the same class) and then finally BB. So lets see the teams that have the upper hand in the competition:

Ten of the top-20 teams have 3 chips intact. Infact they have the biggest advantage. Apart from Youngforever, Nihilist and PeitriRico at 2nd, 3rd and 7th spot respectively, all other top-10 teams have all 3 chips intact.

Interestingly, only Ibime and 2 other teams on top-20 have no Tripple-Captain chip left so i believe the battle will rest on that tripple-captain chip; when to play it and who to play it on. With the way managers are playing this game like a game of poker, hiding their hand for the last minute, a believe majority of the managers are waiting to play it on Gmweek 37 when Spurs, Arsenal, Manutd and City will all have a double gameweek. Now for the who? That will be interesting to find out.

But is the tripple-captain chip overated? Kane returned 9pts when some managers played theirs on his double game week few months back. I will not be surprised if the same fate awaits us all.

All managers at the top-20 have their BenchBoost. So it is right to assume that most will play theirs this week for the doubles and play TC next double; or play TC this week and BB next double. So the battle lies between these two gameweeks and how to deploy the chips effectively.

Only 7 managers still have their FH intact so next week with few games will be their biggest advantage. It will be interesting to see how they use the FH effectively.

Among the four managers who still has WC, none has FH as that would have been a terrific advantage. But all four of them have TC and somehow, I still fear how much wreck those managers can cause with that combo.

_____

___

Shout out to Viqta FC at 1st position with almost 20-point gap and 3 chips still intact; it will be a big feat displacing you at the top, but be assured that a lot will try.

GW35 is the going to be the real battle ground. That's where the winner will be decided.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Also, excellent analysis Mazi with that post.
Good job
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by OAM4J: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
Good one Mazi.

The next few weeks will be interesting and fun... Its sprint to the end now with no room to recover from any injury.

Except Viqta FC decides to throw his advantages away, he is as good as Man City being being declared the winner.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by ybalogs(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Some interesting facts:

_____

___

Nice one bro unfortunately I'm just outside the top 20 and with just 2 chips remaining. I really don't know when to use them as if I try to use my BB now, I'd need like -16 to get in 8 double GW players with potential high returns but then I'd be left with only 3 players for GW 35 which means I'd have to do another round of minuses. Looking at it that way, I may have to go for TC now and BB by GW 37 but even then a consistent minus is unavoidable. It's really a tough call but one sure thing is I won't make top 10 and definitely will remain in top 40 by the end of the season.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by ybalogs(m): 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Some interesting facts:

_____

___

nice one bro unfortunately I'm just outside the top 20 and with just 2 chips remaining. I really don't know when to use them as if I try to use my BB now, I'd need like -16 to get in 8 double GW players with potential high returns but then I'd be left with only 3 players for GW 35 which means I'd have to do another round of minuses. Looking at it that way, I may have to go for TC now and BB by GW 37 but even then a consistent minus is unavoidable. It's really a tough call but one sure thing is I won't make top 10 and definitely will remain in top 40 by the end of the season.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
OAM4J:
Good one Mazi.

The next few weeks will be interesting and fun... Its sprint to the end now with no room to recover from any injury.

Except Viqta FC decides to throw his advantages away, he is as good as Man City being being declared the winner.

Fingers crossed.

There only around 22 points between Viqta and Umzy iirc.

Chips aside- that's nothing. A 22 point swing can occur on a single matchday.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by 2eggs1goal: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

There only around 22 points between Viqta and Umzy iirc.

Chips aside- that's nothing. A 22 point swing can occur on a single matchday.

22 more like 18
1977-1959=18

Getting interesting, both of them have made a transfer.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by 2eggs1goal: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Some interesting facts:

_____

___

Very good write up.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by 2eggs1goal: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mo. Salah is back.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
2eggs1goal:

22 more like 18
1977-1959=18

Getting interesting, both of them have made a transfer.

I haven't checked and I'm not even good at Maths grin

18 points is even better.

Viqta has a lot to do if he's take the crown.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by 2eggs1goal: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

I haven't checked and I'm not even good at Maths grin

18 points is even better.

Viqta has a lot to do if he's take the crown.
Lol na d only maths I sabi o.

Seeing u in third, you also have a very good chance at it.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by Nihilstjnr: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
2eggs1goal:

Lol na d only maths I sabi o.

Seeing u in third, you also have a very good chance at it.

The only person I'm interested in catching right now is Umzzy
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by MaziOmenuko: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thanks guys.

ybalogs:
nice one bro unfortunately I'm just outside the top 20 and with just 2 chips remaining. I really don't know when to use them as if I try to use my BB now, I'd need like -16 to get in 8 double GW players with potential high returns but then I'd be left with only 3 players for GW 35 which means I'd have to do another round of minuses.

I will advise you not to scatter your team and take too many hits just because of extra games a player has. I did that mistake few weeks back when I loaded the likes of walcot, foster,schindler and Wilson because they had extra game. I only managed to offload walcot and now I am still stuck with the other 3 unproductive players.

I can't even play BB because my bench is useless so I have just one useful chip left, TC.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by 2eggs1goal: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
Kane has been given the goal after swearing with his daughter's life.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by sod09(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2018
2eggs1goal:
Kane has been given the goal after swearing with his daughter's life.
will it affect fpl too
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by ybalogs(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
sod09:
will it affect fpl too
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 by ybalogs(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
sod09:
will it affect fpl too
No

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (71)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup Final (4 - 1) On 29th May 2019 / Paris Saint-Germain Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 3) On 6th March 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.