Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  (53897 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by emefav: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, has stressed that he has dropped Mathew from his names, even though it made it to his birth names. 

The former Nigerian President who disclosed this at an event organized in his honour by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) , said he dropped the name because of the Biblical character, Mathew, whom he was named after, was a tax collector. 

“When I was born, my mother and father decided to name me Matthew. I grew up being called and addressed Matthew. What is the meaning of Matthew in the Bible? He was a tax collector,” he said.

“So, when I grew up, I dropped Matthew from my name. If anyone does not want to see my eyes red, no one should call me Matthew again. People ask, what is in a name? For me, there is so much in a name.”

“A doctor’s mistake often leads to the death of one patient,” he said.

“A lawyer’s mistake leads to the client going to jail. But if an engineer makes a mistake that leads to the collapse of a bridge or house, many people would lose their lives.

“That is why engineers must be very careful and must be efficient not to allow mistakes to be made.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/want-see-eyes-red-call-matthew-obasanjo-%ef%bb%bf.html

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by YourImaginaryBF: 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Aremu Mathew grin

331 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by babyfaceafrica: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
He has a point though.. Names mean a lot..whatever rocks his boat

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Modsenemy(f): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mr Mathew, what if no one is on the bridge when it collapses

Obasanjo:are u mad?

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by obamabinladen(m): 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
Foolish man, Mathew was a tax collector but his encounter with Christ made him a saint. I am sure you dropped the name b'cos you don't want the saintly part of Mathew to be imbedded in your day to day life style. No wonder you looted Nigeria dry, we have seen the searchlight you launched in the space, even the $60mil for electricity was well SPENDED by you. At the end you wiped Odi and Zakibiam, gave Nigeria Boko Haram in 2002 and raped your daughter inlaw to coma.

May LionDeLeo 's Akpa Amu fall on you.

245 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by ipodstinks: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
obamabinladen:
ok
Baba mathecogrin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Rrankdonga(m): 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
What has been named Matthew got to do with the mistake of an engineer?
This news update was edited by a Lazy person.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
After collecting almost all Nigeria Taxes Oga u be real tax collector

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by sunnysunny69(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
He had better not have a social media account, I see lots of people sending him comments with the name Obasanjo Mathew.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by obamabinladen(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
Baba mathecogrin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by chernest2002: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
Obj will always make news, relevant and irrelevant.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by koladebrainiac(m): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
I call u mathew oya do ur worse

Nothing wrong with the name tho

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by MrDude: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
Rrankdonga:
What has been named Matthew got to do with the mistake of an engineer?
This news update was edited by a Lazy person.

I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by eposho: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
Were u called mathew when you sent soldiers to odi town.??
Obj should go and enjoy the looted moni jare.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by lastcall: 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nigerians see your leaders
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by mikeycharles(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hehehhehe grin grin grin
Omo Baba they vex, goan tell your mama to change ithttps://www.nairaland.com/3874714/feminism-bad#58490251

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Leonbonapart(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Yeye man
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by eleojo23: 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
President Matthew Obasanjo! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by joeprince23(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
TAA!
obasanjo you are mattew!

obj come and beat me i dey bonny island for rivers or go my village for oyigbo PH

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by ItalianWine(f): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Wee

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by itiswellandwell: 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lol. I have heard you sir. Won't call you Matthew when we meet.

Check my signature for your your quality customised Atm card flash drive.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by wunmi590(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Matthew, come and beat me in my house

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by DWJOBScom(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
OYA Mathew

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
U r matthew,in my toilet coman beat me.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
like I care or will that bring food to my table.? I want this Zoo divided

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by muller101(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Matthew aremu

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by datola: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Baba ni yen!
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
mehn !!!!
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by ceejayxy(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Now everybody will start calling him mathew
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mathew

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by emmasege: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Little wonder he taxed all PDP governors and business moguls for his presidential library.

Sorry Baba Iyabo, you are still Mathew. You are your name. You like taxing people but hate giving out.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by celestialAgent(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
After this, I'm sure no one will dare call him by the name in person!

All these internet noisemakers are dumbass!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Youths Tell Buhari - Resign Now, You’re Worse Than Jonathan / NIMASA: MURIC Congratulates Bashir Jamoh Over Appointment / Big Politicians Buhari Sent To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.