Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  (53916 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by misteryman: 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
emefav:
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, has stressed that he has dropped Mathew from his names, even though it made it to his birth names. 

The former Nigerian President who disclosed this at an event organized in his honour by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) , said he dropped the name because of the Biblical character, Mathew, whom he was named after, was a tax collector. 

“When I was born, my mother and father decided to name me Matthew. I grew up being called and addressed Matthew. What is the meaning of Matthew in the Bible? He was a tax collector,” he said.

“So, when I grew up, I dropped Matthew from my name. If anyone does not want to see my eyes red, no one should call me Matthew again. People ask, what is in a name? For me, there is so much in a name.”

“A doctor’s mistake often leads to the death of one patient,” he said.

“A lawyer’s mistake leads to the client going to jail. But if an engineer makes a mistake that leads to the collapse of a bridge or house, many people would lose their lives.

“That is why engineers must be very careful and must be efficient not to allow mistakes to be made.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/want-see-eyes-red-call-matthew-obasanjo-%ef%bb%bf.html

MATHEW

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by seeniorboy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
wunmi590:
Matthew, come and beat me in my house
[b][/b][i][/i]oya come out
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by jamace(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
How did he build his mighty Obasanjo library? Was it not through forced collection of tax from governors, ministers etc when he was president? Matthew should not deceive us. The leopard can not change its spots.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by wunmi590(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
seeniorboy:

[b][/b][i][/i]oya come out

I don come out, I dey nairaland door grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by wunmi590(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
goldenarrow:

Na Baba you dey tease like this? Issalrite o.
No mind baba jawe grin
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Justicealh3(m): 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Modsenemy:
Mr Mathew, what if no one is on the bridge when it collapses

Obasanjo:are u mad?
grin cheesy grin
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Honorable1000(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
Crazy nincompoop! undecided
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by godquality: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
Aremu Matthew the tax collector.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by NovusHomo(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
"MATTHEW"!. Oya, show me your eyes.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by adegeye38(m): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
He was a tax collector, before Jesus called him to be his disciple and from there, he became a powerful apostle of christ, bringing souls to christ and laying down the foundations of the early church, Mathew changed the world, and not only down God used him to write a gospel in the Bible that is named after him.

MATHEW IS ONE THE MOST POPULAR AND SUCCESSFUL MEN IN HISTORY
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by EvangD(m): 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
obamabinladen:
Foolish man, Mathew was a tax collector but his encounter with Christ made him a saint. I am sure you dropped the name b'cos you don't want the saintly part of Mathew to be imbedded in your day to day life style. No wonder you looted Nigeria dry, we have seen the searchlight you launched in the space, even the $60mil for electricity was well SPENDED by you. At the end you wiped Odi and Zakibiam, gave Nigeria Boko Haram in 2002 and raped your daughter inlaw to coma.

May LionDeLeo 's Akpa Amu fall on you.
o boy, all this one for this old man u want kill am? Take it easy for him na, abeg
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by islandmoon: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
MATTHEW!!!
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by tectonotimes: 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
emefav:
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, has stressed that he has dropped Mathew from his names, even though it made it to his birth names. 

The former Nigerian President who disclosed this at an event organized in his honour by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) , said he dropped the name because of the Biblical character, Mathew, whom he was named after, was a tax collector. 

“When I was born, my mother and father decided to name me Matthew. I grew up being called and addressed Matthew. What is the meaning of Matthew in the Bible? He was a tax collector,” he said.

“So, when I grew up, I dropped Matthew from my name. If anyone does not want to see my eyes red, no one should call me Matthew again. People ask, what is in a name? For me, there is so much in a name.”

“A doctor’s mistake often leads to the death of one patient,” he said.

“A lawyer’s mistake leads to the client going to jail. But if an engineer makes a mistake that leads to the collapse of a bridge or house, many people would lose their lives.

“That is why engineers must be very careful and must be efficient not to allow mistakes to be made.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/want-see-eyes-red-call-matthew-obasanjo-%ef%bb%bf.html

Hmmm!!! Did Obasanjo say that his father and mother named him Matthew? Obasanjo has no surname and did not even know his biological father who was an Ivorian that came to Ogun State to farm.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by ngbede1984: 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
obamabinladen:
Foolish man, Mathew was a tax collector but his encounter with Christ made him a saint. I am sure you dropped the name b'cos you don't want the saintly part of Mathew to be imbedded in your day to day life style. No wonder you looted Nigeria dry, we have seen the searchlight you launched in the space, even the $60mil for electricity was well SPENDED by you. At the end you wiped Odi and Zakibiam, gave Nigeria Boko Haram in 2002 and raped your daughter inlaw to coma.

Name means a lot, ex-president was really a tax collector. Its 16 Billions dollars & not16 Millions dollars. I think if anyone take a green leaves close to his eyes now the fire will be wild like during harmattan.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Modsenemy(f): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
RSVP:

"A bridge or house"... Use ur brain
Hello kid, Try to transfer ur aggression on your parents . I'm not the one who failed u , they did !
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Flamzey00(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
No b lie Ooo 90% of d Emeka's are strugglers. Amaka are runs girls. Tobi are kidnappers while Hammed are Hunters.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Eluwilussit(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
Aremu Mathew grin

Let him come and do his worst....MATTHEWWWW!
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Mpanyi: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Don't be fooled. Occultic people no dey answer biblical name especially in their coven. No let them fool ya.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by olawaleplus(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
@delemomodu, heed warning
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by unchangeable: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
If he don't want be called with that name, what should we call him. is their any defect that name
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by goslowgoslow(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
obamabinladen:

Are you not a slowpoke?
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by CioAngels(f): 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pa obasanjo, are you sure that is only becos mathew was a tax collector?
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by greggng: 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
I thank God for npower n agro program. I will be visiting obasanjo farm to call him mathew. I want to see that red eye.
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by freethesheeple(m): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
sunnysunny69:
He had better not have a social media account, I see lots of people sending him comments with the name Obasanjo Mathew.

hahahahahahha.Lamo...God bless seun the owner of NL and his hilarious and my fellow Nairalanders.
I was sd cos of no job but reading cooment here made my day.
God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by aalangel(f): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nonsense! Is that the meaning if the name?

English form of Ματθαιος (Matthaios), which was a Greek form of the Hebrew name מַתִּתְיָהוּ (Mattityahu) meaning "gift of YAHWEH"
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by seeniorboy(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
wunmi590:

I don come out, I dey nairaland door grin
Lol! U got ma sense of humour!
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Gkemz: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
What has Matthew got to do with the subject matter. Did he think he was addressing kids. Abi na old age dey worry am...?
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
emmasege:
Little wonder he taxed all PDP governors and business moguls for his presidential library.

Sorry Baba Iyabo, you are still Mathew. You are your name. You like taxing people but hate giving out.

Pisces are naturally stingy people
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by smart024(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
Which kind red again for those eyes way don red finish as a result of ugliness...?

Oya Matthew...
grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by Ermacc: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Modsenemy:
Mr Mathew, what if no one is on the bridge when it collapses

Obasanjo:are u mad?
hahaha, send me your number . your comment cracked my rib
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by unqombothi(f): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
He has a point though.. Names mean a lot..whatever rocks his boat
He has no point. In fact, he lacks the ability to think properly. How is a tax collector a bad person. If tax collecting is bad, how would that make Matthew a bad name?
Re: Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  by AngelicBeing: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
obamabinladen:

Chai tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Politicians Buhari Sent To Jail / Funny Caption Of Dasuki's Photo / Militants Blow Up Escravos Pipeline In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.