Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. (70182 Views)

The Real Reason Yoruba Wants Its Independence / It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari / How Did Nigeria Win Its Independence From Great Britain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Gemc3(f): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2017
talk2riel:

Really thrilled with the neatness and serenity. 85% of our cities are trash dump

You are so right.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by carammel(f): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2017
Lol,no wonder oldies would abuse someone "baby kinsway". grin
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by bashydemy(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2017
Funjosh:
Where did we lost it

Biafra war.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
I love yoruba ladies
Explorers:
Yoruba ladies in Aso Ebi.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Eaglesence: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
Explorers:

Smiles.....Hw u doin sis?

Im good dear. Thanks.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by placeofallure(f): 5:56am On Jul 18, 2017
Explorers:
Yoruba ladies in Aso Ebi.

Osheee Maaami! E don tey wey yansh don dey back. Awa Afonja, a gbo fashion baje!

Explorers thanks, always look forward to your posts.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by practicalclass: 5:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Explorers:
This image shows a group of students in a science class learning about the human skeleton from their teacher.

This looks like Anatomy class for Med Student at the university of ibadan taking place in one of their lecture theatres.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ishilove:

The Age of Modesty sad

Couldnt have said it any better. To be frank its whatever powers the vortex of any society that sets the minds of the inhabitants to how they live their lives. In this day an age, the DIGITAL AGE, hmmmm.............of the ILLUSION call FREEDOM.........what else should we expect is not MADNESS!
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by orisa37: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Explorers:
Two donkeys are pictured loaded up with a rather hefty load of crates.

That was the last straw that broke the Carmels' backs.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by orisa37: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
gqboyy:
Thanks
Welldone.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by gqboyy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
orisa37:
Welldone.
Yes sir
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Rossikki: 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Sagay212:

So it was you that built the roads and schools where your useless leaders enjoyed free education?

Mr Man stop blaming the whites for you problems.

Dummy, pointing out that the whites were USELESS EXPLOITERS WHO DID NOTHING BUT LOOT, is not ''blaming whites for problems''. It is stating the FACT OF HISTORY, which you, a slave bodyguard to white men, doesn't want to hear, since you've been brainwashed to consider them your gods, even though they scorn you. Self loathing Uncle Tom.

They have left you long ago and you are still in the same place they left you.

If we are in the same place then how come you are not a hunter of rabbits and cockroaches like your grandparents were under colonialism?

Did you have to trek 10 miles to get to school, as was usual under colonial rule? (Assuming there was a school that 'close' to you).

Little pampered children like you who don't know how far you've come. Now you expect Dubai handed to you on a plate. It's not your fault. If black govts had left you illiterate in the bush, would you even know the meaning of development, to criticise?

No progress no nothing. We are not better off after independence.

Could your grandfather type on a phone or ipad if he saw one? Could he write? What was his job? Was it more than truck pusher? MUMU.

You can continue to console and deceive yourself with the low self esteem nonsense. You wanted independence and you got it and couldn't achieve anything reasonable.

OLODO, MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS are in the middle class today, courtesy of black rule.

Was there a middle class at independence? NO. There was only mass poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition and zero industries. And a tiny few at the top, mostly whites. Probably less than 2,000 overall, if that.

Today tens of millions of Nigerians are empowered and educated, with the chance to move forward in life. Infrastructure is vastly improved compared to where it was in the 50s.

How dare you claim we have made no progress? Our middle class is at least 40 million strong today. Do you know how many factories are in this country today? How many did the white man you worship build? ZERO.

Finally, literacy rate at independence was under 15%, after 63 years of white rule. Today, courtesy of BLACK GOVERNMENTS' investment in public education, that figure is up to 75% or more.

THAT IS WHY YOU ARE EDUCATED.

So THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS that blacks came into power and educated your pompous self that would have been busy by now TAPPING PALM WINE or shining shoes like your forbears had BLACK governments not taken over from the whites you worship .

Blacks educated you. Equipped you with the chance to make it in life. Now they must also give you a palace to live in. Don't get up your dumb, lazy ass and contribute to your country the way your country contributed to lifting you from the gutter of illiteracy and ignorance.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Sagay212: 7:59am On Jul 20, 2017
Rossikki:

Dummy, pointing out that the whites were USELESS EXPLOITERS WHO DID NOTHING BUT LOOT, is not ''blaming whites for problems''. It is stating the FACT OF HISTORY, which you, a slave bodyguard to white men, doesn't want to hear, since you've been brainwashed to consider them your gods, even though they scorn you. Self loathing Uncle Tom.

If we are in the same place then how come you are not a hunter of rabbits and cockroaches like your grandparents were under colonialism?

Did you have to trek 10 miles to get to school, as was usual under colonial rule? (Assuming there was a school that 'close' to you).

Little pampered children like you who don't know how far you've come. Now you expect Dubai handed to you on a plate. It's not your fault. If black govts had left you illiterate in the bush, would you even know the meaning of development, to criticise?

Could your grandfather type on a phone or ipad if he saw one? Could he write? What was his job? Was it more than truck pusher? MUMU.

OLODO, MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS are in the middle class today, courtesy of black rule.

Was there a middle class at independence? NO. There was only mass poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition and zero industries. And a tiny few at the top, mostly whites. Probably less than 2,000 overall, if that.

Today tens of millions of Nigerians are empowered and educated, with the chance to move forward in life. Infrastructure is vastly improved compared to where it was in the 50s.

How dare you claim we have made no progress? Our middle class is at least 40 million strong today. Do you know how many factories are in this country today? How many did the white man you worship build? ZERO.

Finally, literacy rate at independence was under 15%, after 63 years of white rule. Today, courtesy of BLACK GOVERNMENTS' investment in public education, that figure is up to 75% or more.

THAT IS WHY YOU ARE EDUCATED.

So THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS that blacks came into power and educated your pompous self that would have been busy by now TAPPING PALM WINE or shining shoes like your forbears had BLACK governments not taken over from the whites you worship .

Blacks educated you. Equipped you with the chance to make it in life. Now they must also give you a palace to live in. Don't get up your dumb, lazy ass and contribute to your country the way your country contributed to lifting you from the gutter of illiteracy and ignorance.

You actually think you made sense with this long and empty epistle? You need to start using your brain to think. Think and use your head. It is not for decoration. So you foolishly think everyone would have still be hunting in the bush if the whites were to be in charge. And you also think we still do not have hunters in Nigeria or places in Nigeria that are still as backward as the colonial era? Your brain is painting you.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by lilhitch: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello fellow Nairalanders.
Pls I need you guys help.
I'm a digital geek employee of First bank Nigeria, employed to market the bank's digital products such as firstmobile app (available for Android phone, IOS and Blackberry (B10 OS alone)) and the bank's quick banking code also known as ussd (* 894 * 0 #( which is for registration and creating a pin))
I'll explain briefly what the two products I mentioned do and how I need your help. Pls.

[b]Firstmobile
#This is an application of first bank Nigeria, created to relieve people, customers of the stress of the normal. Queue in the ban ND normal traditional naming cos we're in a digital world now.
#The app can be used to make or initiate transfers or transactions of up to 500,000 naira without token and up to 1million naira with a token in a day.
#It can also be used to buy airtime for one self and friends Without any #10 included like we buy on the road. It can also be used to pay for bills like
* airline, ticket and hotel reservations
* pay bill lie. Nepa bill, gotv, dstv and the likes.
Those are the benefit it'll give u, among others.
How it will benefit me
After downloading, u will install and activate it on ur phone.

*Steps to register as a new user*

*But note, you must have an ATM card, the number you receive alert with must be active and be with you, I.e,you must be registered on first alert to do it and you must have an Android,iphone,Blackberry (Blackberry 10(q10,q5,z10,z5,z3 and so on)*

1.When you launch the app, you click on new user
2.you will be required to input ur ATM card number and ur ATM pin
3. You will be sent an OTP to ur phone(sim u receive alert with) and also be required to choose mpin (5digits), which w will serve an your login to the app.
4. Security question 1 and answer, Security question 2 and answer, transaction pin and referral code (TN020242) then save and registration complete.[/b]

Ussd
This isn't a new thing to us cos majorly all banks have their own codes.
That of Firstbank is *894#
This code can transfer up to 100,000 in a day. All your need to do Is register and u are good to go.
How to register
Just like firstmobile, u must be on alert, Have an ATM card and have a minimum of 5-10naira on ur phone. When all these are checked, you can then register.
Dail * 894* 0 #
It will bring out ur ATM card number and require you to input your card pin ,send that and it'll require you to choose a 5digits pin that will be asked everytime you want to make/initiate a transfer. Then you're done. Successful.
What you need to know
For tranfer
Dial * 894 * amount * account number #
For airtime(self)
* 894 * amount #
For airtime (third-party)
* 894 * amount * receiver's phone number#
For instant / quick balance
* 894 * 00 #

On the ussd, I need a little favour from every new member that registers on it not someone using it before today but forgot his/her transaction pin or 5digits pin for transfers, Pls when ever you register, like immediately, Pls kindly forward your mobile number which you used to register to my whatsapp (07033646668 , 08028405326 )numbers so that I can update u to my profile and it will count for me.
Pls note, don't drop your numbers here cos any other digital geek can pick it up and use it to update his or her own and it will count for them.
Pls help me.. I beg u all.
If can whatsapp me for any questions or issues or complaint. Thanks.
Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by emorse(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
nero2face:
this was when Lord Lugard thought his experiments was working out well, little did he know it was a great error, I wish He's alive today to see how woefully he failed...
Comments like this usually cause me a lot of discomfort. I'll tell you why. Nigeria, as these pictures show, was a very lovely country. This was when the British were still here, but they left us and our leaders messed everything up.

Lugard may have made some mistakes - he was only human after all - but if our leaders had built on the pedestal he had placed us, I assure you we would not be where we have found ourselves today.

All hope is not lost though. If we start now to do the things our ancestors could not do (rather than laying blames on the dead), we could make things better at least for future generations.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by Guestlander: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
emorse:

Comments like this usually cause me a lot of discomfort. I'll tell you why. Nigeria, as these pictures show, was a very lovely country. This was when the British were still here, but they left us and our leaders messed everything up.

Lugard may have made some mistakes - he was only human after all - but if our leaders had built on the pedestal he had placed us, I assure you we would not be where we have found ourselves today.

All hope is not lost though. If we start now to do the things our ancestors could not do (rather than laying blames on the dead), we could make things better at least for future generations.

Don't mind him, it was Lord Lugard who shot civilian leaders and upturned a carefully negotiated federal structure and replaced it with chaos.
Yes, it was Lord Lugard who looted billions from the treasury and kept it in various banks all over the world rather than invest in the development of the country.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by laudate: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Guestlander:
Don't mind him, it was Lord Lugard who shot civilian leaders and upturned a carefully negotiated federal structure and replaced it with chaos. Yes, it was Lord Lugard who looted billions from the treasury and kept it in various banks all over the world rather than invest in the development of the country.
Una no go kill person with laugh for here...!! cheesy shocked grin

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by emorse(m): 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
Guestlander:

Don't mind him, it was Lord Lugard who shot civilian leaders and upturned a carefully negotiated federal structure and replaced it with chaos.
Yes, it was Lord Lugard who looted billions from the treasury and kept it in various banks all over the world rather than invest in the development of the country.
I tire o. People just have this terrible habit of shifting blames for convenience sake. They forget that we experienced steady growth for about fifty years after 1914 only for us to take over government and undo all the good work that had been done. Sometimes I wish the British stayed a little longer sef.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. by blingxx(m): 11:23am On Aug 02, 2017
Explorers:
Nigerian Airways Air Hostesses in 1973.

Nigeria DC-10 taking off from schipol Airport.

we were so blessed what happened?...what did we do wrong ?,.... is God punishing us,on purpose? cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter / All The Political Gladiators In Lagos Closing Ranks In Bourdillon (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.