Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness (96352 Views)

May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters / Bbnaija: Efe Visits P'square Banana Island Mansion (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Visits P'square In Their New Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by CoolAmbience(m): 1:00am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

You are a fool. where was it written in the write up that APC brought the Policy? is APC the Federal Government Nigeria ever have?

My brother, I taya sef. I thought the guy has sense.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by kiddkash(m): 1:02am On Jul 18, 2017
cumbak60:
Chai! see as you dey defend FG. Dem go pay you undecided
na bmc boyz
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Marshalxv(m): 1:02am On Jul 18, 2017
We have schools here in the country but our politicians send their children abroad to study,we have hospitals and medical professionals but our politicians still go out for medical care Eg (Mr president) we have locally made footwear clothes and house furniture but our so called politicians prefer the foreign ones.What are this clueless APC fools talking about!

5 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by princejayboss: 1:03am On Jul 18, 2017
If Nnamdi Kanu call Naija a zoo, I think he is not wrong

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Marshalxv(m): 1:04am On Jul 18, 2017
[color=#990000][/col

hypocrisy of the highest order
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by pippen213(m): 1:06am On Jul 18, 2017
What Paul Okoye said is the truth. That man calling for the arrest of Okoye should be the first to get arrested. All those thieves in the govt. Nobody is holding accountable that's why he's not ashamed to talk in public. If not for stolen money where would be? A no body calling some young man that worked for his money through music. Dum politicians with no shame and brains to move the country forward. All they know how to do is embezzled funds meant for infrastructures and development of the land. You called the youmy man sons of darkness. What 're you? God father of darkness. Tells us how many grave yards you spent the night b4 getting to that positions of yours. You 're not only stupid you 're e criminal. Youth dying trying to cross to other countries for a better life when we have so much. Somebody needs to call all of you old men of destruction to order. Fools
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Obec70(m): 1:06am On Jul 18, 2017
The climax of everything let them kukuma ban traveling out the country, the think say to rule na Akamu case,!
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by bluecircle470: 1:07am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

Point of correction hypcritical and satanic APC , it was the PDP government that was responsible for the regeneration of the Music industry with the Government policy that mandated the playing of 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day.

What P square wants to know is how would the hypocrits who still purchase foreign made vehicles , buy foreign made shoes , go to foreign hospitals for checkup and treatments now decide to ban foreign music production.

Please discerning Nigerians, APC government does not mean well for Nigeria, they have not grown Nigerian rice industry neither have they encouraged Nollywood , all they want is to kill our indigenous musicians career , through scorched earth policies and highly jaundiced ethnic manipulations

At least they're starting from somewhere so why d complaint. Mtcheeww.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by kennykendo(m): 1:09am On Jul 18, 2017
dumebiifeanyi:
The All Progressives Congress(APC) youth renaissance group has fired a stinker at Peter Okoye of P-square for insulting the Federal government of Nigeria.

In a statement signed by the group's national secretary, Mr Collins Edwin and made available to PoliticsNGR, the APC described Okoye as a 'son of darkness'.

The statement read in full;

We read the scurrilous remarks credited to Mr Peter Okoye of the Psquare group against the Federal Government's job-saving policy in the entertainment industry with great anger and vexation.

Least of all persons to make scathing remark against the government is the Psquare group which the local content policy of the Federal Government dusted-up from the valley of obscurity.

Where was Peter Okoye or Psquare brand in 1999 when foreign music dominated our airwaves? If not for the government policy which mandated all broadcast stations in Nigeria to pay attention to Nigerian music by playing 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day, would Peter Okoye or Psquare be known to anybody in Nigeria today? Or would they have competed with better American music which dominated our airwaves then?

After the government have used its policy to brush them up from nothing to something; instead of giving opportunity to other people, they are taking Nigerian jobs to foreign countries through the shooting of music videos abroad.

Now that government have intervened to raise great and better entertainers again, Peter Okoye has the gut to insult the entire Federal Government by calling our great leaders 'Ndi Ala' which means mad and stupid people. How dare you say that Psquare?

We, therefore, urge the security agencies in the country to arrest Mr Peter Okoye for disrespecting our government and bringing it to a disrepute. If you cannot produce in Nigeria and hire Nigerians, then leave the industry.We must export Nigerian culture to the outside world through our music and videos.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/17/son-darkness-apc-blasts-peter-okoye-insulting-fg/

later some people will want to say one Nigeria, but they are the same homosapiens causing the split and agitation..

you're giving Igbos every reason to break out,

arrest someone who has brought good name to your country... what for?

this government isn't just clueless but mad..I swear
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by banmee(m): 1:15am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:
to say the fact Peter okoye is very stupid to make that statement. He think its only his talent that brought him to where he is now? Useless boy. who your money help? when they get to the top they never want another person to rise through them

Are you guys normal in Nigeria at all? How do you guys think for god's sake? You deserve the leaders you have no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 18, 2017
You guys are missing the point it's a restriction not a complete ban you probably can still shoot your foreign videos with local content but to them and I somewhat agree it doesn't generate income for your country but your main market is Nigeria is what he is saying they will tax you for it that's all

When they say patronize local they mean try and boost the economy by hiring people who can do the same thing it's good for productivity among youths and tourism instead of violence and animosity.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Goddex: 1:19am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

Point of correction hypcritical and satanic APC , it was the PDP government that was responsible for the regeneration of the Music industry with the Government policy that mandated the playing of 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day.

What P square wants to know is how would the hypocrits who still purchase foreign made vehicles , buy foreign made shoes , go to foreign hospitals for checkup and treatments now decide to ban foreign music production.

Please discerning Nigerians, APC government does not mean well for Nigeria, they have not grown Nigerian rice industry neither have they encouraged Nollywood , all they want is to kill our indigenous musicians career , through scorched earth policies and highly jaundiced ethnic manipulations

You nailed it bro
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Eluwilussit(m): 1:33am On Jul 18, 2017
LordOfNaira:

So, asking videos to be shot in Nigeria to allow more locals participate sounds like tribalism to you. How many Northerners would even become directors? We all know that it would still be Igbos that would dominate that sector.

Do you know anything about free market? If they care about local industries that much, what is bubu doing in UK? Why do they all run to overseas for vacation? Why do their wards all school abroad?

I don't know how old you are, but when Buhari came on board the first time, all his policies killed most industries in the South. He is doing the same, while trying to hoodwinke the gullible masses.

Forget about who will benefit from the policy on a short term basis, on the long run, this policy will kill the industry. International collaboration in the entertainment industry is key to its success and survival. Sharing of ideas and upgrades will do more good than bad.

Our entertainment industry gains more through exposure to the global best practices. Let the proponents use made in Nigeria products first before they tell others how and where to spend their money.

Trust the North at your peril. Some of us see the end of the game before they push the first pawn. You spent billions on Aso clinic but run to UK for checkups, while our presidential jet is accruing unnecessary cost daily, only to turn around to tell others how to live their lives. Nonsense. angry

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by yungmoney447(m): 1:38am On Jul 18, 2017
Fvck the governmet...wie is the old soldier,legend of the sicker we call mr president...is he not in london getting some treatment....if the goverment want our artiste to stop the shooting of their musical video in abroad...the fvck men that call themself government to tell dat old soldier to come back to nigeria and av is illness treat at LUTH in lagos...shikenah.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Iyke216(m): 1:41am On Jul 18, 2017
Nna ehh!!!I don't even know what to say. This country and their Government just tire me
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Iyke216(m): 1:43am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by tinktanker: 1:47am On Jul 18, 2017
I have come to understand datapc is d definition of backwardness. Besides a gathering of baboons is called a congress. So it obvious
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by castrokins(m): 1:50am On Jul 18, 2017
Stupidity Is On Overdose In APC. Have You Guys Arrested Arewa Youths Yet? Peter Okoye Is At, You Guys Can Go And Arrest Him.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jo997: 1:53am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

You are a fool. where was it written in the write up that APC brought the Policy? is APC the Federal Government Nigeria ever have?

Idiot must the policy be written on APC for a discerning mind to know that this stupid one chance government is out to truncate the little progress Nigeria have made in all of her economy.

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by RealHaute: 1:56am On Jul 18, 2017
Nikbaebrown:
Was Peter Okoye Actually Thinking That FG Is One Of The Many Improvisal Strategies Staged By The Okoye Family In Bids To Ganer Huge Attention,followership And Relevance Whenever They Are About To Release A New Single?? Peter Should Ask Idris What Damage Obassanjo Exposed His Career To When He Over-stepped His Bounds. Or What Trauma And Disgrace Tuface Idibia Went Through When He Goofed And Was Eventually Humbled? Abi You Think Say Na Clear Eye Everybody Take Resort Strictly To Incessant "Baby This, Baby That" On Every Single Produced In Nigeria?? Peter Please Just Enjoy Your Wealth In Peace Without Trying To Potray Saviour By Getting Into Messy Scandals And Denting Your Image In The Process. Because I'm Nt Even Sure The Cabals Knw What An Afro-pop/ Music Is Let Alone Pop. I Pray EFCC doesnt fall on you.

Apparently, you're a scaredy little cat, so keep your little scaredy opinions to yourself. What do you know about video shoots? Nothing. undecided
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by IYANGBALI: 1:57am On Jul 18, 2017
auntysimbiat:
FG is confused
is the beans not ready?abeg I dey hungry o
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by temiflex01(m): 2:15am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

you are even a bigger fool , why would APC take glory for the policy of an opposition Government and try to use it against a critic , you are even a bigger hypocritical fool for failing to realise that the same APC goverment has no policy for locally manufactured goods like Automobiles , shoes , health care but prefer to ban foreign production of movies .

Why cant the same APC ban foreign importation of shoes and leather products , or stop the foreign use of medical hospitals why must it be the music industry that they want to ruin with their inept and directionless policy aimed at killing the thriving music career of igbo musicians who are now firmly in control fo the music scene, Ndi Ala.

You dey craze! Which Igbo control music? How many dem be? Use your fingers count them. Who psquare or square root song help sef, I be woman? Mcheww!!

He dey craze join you undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by marisdgreat(f): 2:26am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
I support APC. Ffuck Peter Okoye
then if it s like that they should ask d vegetable in London hospital to come back to Nigeria so that our doctors here either traditional or orthodox medicine should be prescribed to him. they should stop wasting our money in London they should use the money here in Nigeria so that doctors won't be going on strike cos of money. Bleep u, APC n president

3 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by patnekkyuyahoo: 2:31am On Jul 18, 2017
If they are banning, they shld carry it out completely even Nigerians living their country to another country for treatment & others
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by kessler53(m): 2:35am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

God bless you for this great comment.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by CharlotteFlair: 2:35am On Jul 18, 2017
connectpoint:
APC is clueless, they are shopping for new enemies
I am telling you...imagine their so called youth wings talking like shekau and the vegetable in London? Freedom of speech is dead in this country.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 2:51am On Jul 18, 2017
cumbak60:

Local content my ass. When you don't have suitable alternatives to back up.... You guys will finally sink Nigeria with your myopic policies. The Aba made shoes you're using as a base, for your point, don't we have access to foreign alternatives? Are you forced by FG policy to buy made in Nigerian product? Don't you buy base on choice and pocket? So wtf undecided Restrict creativity and watch it die. What you guys are doing to the economy is exactly what you want to repeat in the music industry.
Proper planning and stages of implementation is necessary in Government policies, but APC, shm, reverse is the case angry

You are talking from your hatred for A PC and I can understand that.

The policy is gear towards restriction and note that musics, movies and music videos are contents, which can be use by the FG through the local content policy to macro manage and sharp viewers consumptions (naija hip hop) to boost Nigeria tourist and economic. why do so many Nigeria goes to south Africa for holiday if I may ask you?

Why did you think FG restrict /limitation access to forex? what about the auto policy and high cost of import duties on imported cars

did you think Africa hip hop was made possible by just the artist talents alone.

Think my friend, practice make perfect. dis

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by CharlotteFlair: 3:03am On Jul 18, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

Nt Exactly My Point. There Are Better Ways Of Resolving Such Issues Without Throwing Tantrums At or Desparaging And Ridiculing Anybodies Reputation. The Path Peter Threaded Shows Hez Courageous, But If He'z Nt Prepared To Dance To The Tune Of The Music, Then Hez A Coward. You Cant Verbally Abuse Someone And Expect Them To Rule In Your Favour. Supposingly Such Policy Is Enacted And Executed, What Choice Has He Gat Other Than Relocating To An Already Made Country Like Hez Obliged To? I Like The Average Nigerian Bkuz We Are Good In Declaring Our Total Support For Celebs On Social Media Without Wanting To Champion The Cause Ourselves. When I Knw At The Latter End Peter Would Plead With Dangote To Interceede On His Behalf Inorder To Save His Silly Ass From Being Spanked? Its So Unfortunate We Are In A Messed Up System.
I think you really need to keep quite since you have nothing to say? When will you encourage the Efcc to fall on Soyinka, Sani shehu, Bukola saraki, Bisi Akande, Oby Ezekwesili, Pat Utomi, Jibrin, FFK, Fayose, Elrufai, Dino, New York times, CNN, Kanti Bello and all other notable Nigerians who have at one time or the other criticized APC led federal government?

You are either a dimwit seeking attention or you are outrightly been a typical Nigerian woman....dumb!

3 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by oneligeria: 3:05am On Jul 18, 2017
Marshalxv:
We have schools here in the country but our politicians send their children abroad to study,we have hospitals and medical professionals but our politicians still go out for medical care Eg (Mr president) we have locally made footwear clothes and house furniture but our so called politicians prefer the foreign ones.What are this clueless APC fools talking about!

We also have shopping malls, markets and super markets but our politicians prefer their girl friends shopping in Dubai, Europe and America. Chai! grin grin grin
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by sayisayi(m): 3:10am On Jul 18, 2017
Soon, only Sharia music from zamfara dey reign for naija airwaves...then an outright ban like in Mali 2015

I pity those in the sanitorium...
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by TruthPower: 3:11am On Jul 18, 2017
Wait o. Are these the same people who see nothing wrong in our broke country paying the idle Presidential Plane Parking Fees in hard currency to a foreign nation. Men!!! go figure, local content indeed, you can't make this up.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by MediumStout(m): 3:17am On Jul 18, 2017
usmanbaba:
Kai! Nairaland is not like before. Gone are those days when you log into nairaland to learn, to read words of wisdom. Mehn,nairaland is death!

My brother I'm glad you noticed this. Most comments on this thread are reeled out of emotions and tribalism. Instead of countering the FG with salien points, they turned the issue into Apc/PDP debacle. Most of this posters were definitely kids in 1999, but here they are defending peter like they remember the airwaves of old. To this idiots, the policy is a subtle attempt to gag igbo musicians. The same hypocrites criticizing the federal government will rather buy a fairly used okrika sneakers than an Aba made shoe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Mother's Burial: List Of Donations So Far / Meet Rolanda Rochelle, Liz Benson Lookalike (Photos) / Boston Roland: "I Had Sex With Mercy Aigbe Severally, I Have Pictures"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.