Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? (22272 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / How Much Electricity Do Nigerians Need? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by leksgcfr(m): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2017
Ikeja Disco is the worst of all the Distributing company.
Apart from areas like Egbeda , Ikotun, Ayobo, Iyanaipaja and Ikeja that do have regular power , other areas are plunged into darkness.
Akesan, Obadare, Igando, Egan have been in darkness for so long.
No light in Akesan since last month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 20, 2017
lanjum:
24 hours, Ahmadiyah Lagos.
At times I dey envy those amadiya / ijaye people because there is no time I go to that area without seeing light and I was told they have one of the best electricity supply around Lagos.
For me ,Apapa as at recently, almost 22hrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by tballeyy(m): 6:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Ahmadgani:
it is real. we use prepaid meters
ok enjoy
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Abudu2000(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2017
For 2-months straight now we are in total darkness here in Iba, generator noise everywhere juat because the useless people called phcn is asking for bribe before they will fix the transformer. We are not giving them any dime so they can keep thier light and we hold our bill but they should dare not come near our area again, any pf their officials coz if anyone here should unleash their anger on phcn.......
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by marxist88: 7:00am On Jul 20, 2017
40 minute a day
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Aeoner: 7:01am On Jul 20, 2017
if not 24hrs it's 23.8hrs on average. we be paying electricity bill without complains. but there is a new BUSINESS MANAGER around so they kinda 'hiked' the bill for last month - ok for we share it among the four apartments in the compound, each paying 3k+ which is absolutely OK.

btw I'm in Calabar-Itu Rd Uyo.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by mickyeddi(m): 7:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Last time I saw power outage here in London was in 2009 and it was only for 20 minutes . We got an apology from our power provider, edf and we were given a 20% discount on our next bill.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by dawahlarry: 7:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Here at Apapa, the least so far is about 20 hours in a day.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Bobbysmart6(m): 7:02am On Jul 20, 2017
o boy..my side..now na small London...due to light....we use to av light a day or two...bt d tn b say...na paycard we dey use...I now buy card twice or three times a month..amount of 7k
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by dawahlarry: 7:05am On Jul 20, 2017
priceaction:

At times I dey envy those amadiya / ijaye people because there is no time I go to that area without seeing light and I was told they have one of the best electricity supply around Lagos.
For me ,Apapa as at recently, almost 22hrs.
You are right for the Apapa comment. Electricity right here is as stable as Stability.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 20, 2017
I don't know what has akesan axis done to nepa, I have seen nepa lyt last now for almost 2 month,
That area doesn't seems to be in Lagos to me.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by otokx(m): 7:07am On Jul 20, 2017
Abudu2000:
For 2-months straight now we are in total darkness here in Iba, generator noise everywhere juat because the useless people called phcn is asking for bribe before they will fix the transformer. We are not giving them any dime so they can keep thier light and we hold our bill but they should dare not come near our area again, any pf their officials coz if anyone here should unleash their anger on phcn.......

This is the new trend of phedc in the rural indigenous areas of Port Harcourt. Their staff are so corrupt, always looking for money to pocket instead of disconnecting people that refuse to pay bills. We contributed for repair of transformer and armoured cables but now no light

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Jamean(f): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2017
davide470:
The funny thing is that, even in the midst of the heavy rain, the light was still on.

I wasn't suprised to see a bill of 12k for June though. At least, i will pay this one without showing some craze grin

12k shocked You get coldroom for your house?
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by ademola08099(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2017
24 hours is Akenfa bayelsa state. am serious
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by conscienceman4(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2017
0.00001. They only flashes it per day. Terrible people that is what they are. With the whistle blowing bill I prefer government take over.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
So no place in Anambra has steady power supply? Chai
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Abudu2000(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
otokx:

This is the new trend of phedc in the rural indigenous areas of Port Harcourt. Their staff are so corrupt, always looking for money to pocket instead of disconnecting people that refuse to pay bills. We contributed for repair of transformer and armoured cables but now no light
bro they have been doing that to us since forever until we held a meeting and decide to stand up against them. They are expecting us to come and bribe them as usual and they will wait till thy kingdom come.

The community is even beging most of the youths not to do anything stupid coz they almoat made a decision to chase out anyone working nepa from our area...

They will soon get what they deserve, just a matter of time tho
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2017
In the entire akoko in ondo state, there has not been light for 3 years. And the state government is doing nothing to help the situation in fact Prophet T B Joshua donated money for the repair of the light but the fund was embezzled
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by oladokun76: 7:23am On Jul 20, 2017
23.5 hours of electricity
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Lawbouy20(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2017
Ile- ife is cool. Like 15-18hours daily. We already know wen dey will take off the light and bring it back
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by tygar(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2017
14hrs buh if heavy rain fall, we fit no c light for like 1 wk
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by aminusodiq(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2017
Try ogbomoso light especialy under g area.. . U go hear am... D only area... U walk wit extention socket everywia!! !!
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by wolextayo: 7:31am On Jul 20, 2017
Sammmypoko:
2 Days on 1 day OFF....at least we do have light 5hrs per day ie 12am-2am......9am-12pm.Ipaja/Ayobo area of Lagos.
Na so brother.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by hardyjeff02(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2017
Honestly speaking,

We have light more than 28 hours in a day.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by davide470(m): 7:37am On Jul 20, 2017
Jamean:

12k shocked You get coldroom for your house?
Lol. It was actually the highest ever. My neighbors got higher. We will all visit their office to discuss the situation.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by koolkalm(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2017
Birminghamvirgo:
Anyway! me I stays in Ibeju-lekki buh ever since Dangote started his Refinery stuff, we ve cease to ve light coz of d sophisticated plants he's shipping in through motorway and these machines re so gigantic that they had to remove all d electric poles and wires b4 they could b shipped to deir destination.... I taya for DAT man o... almost 5months now!!! OWO-AGBARA

Your community will benefit from the refinery after completion, I can assure you of uninterrupted power supply due to the refinery, so endure for now...
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by M1m2: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2017
20hrs on the average in RANTYA JOS. I brought my generator from Abuja and abandoned it. we hardly sleep in darkness. Meanwhile we are using smart metres meaning NO LIGHT NO MONEY FOR PHCN/JED
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Omezino(m): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2017
Hmmm... After seeing so many posts that some even enjoy 47hrs of non interrupted power supply, i was demoralized because where i am staying in Tudun Wada KADUNA State, PHCN are not active but more concern on cutting people's light than giving. How can someone be buying a prepaid every month but no light to use. Is like buying a recharge card and no network to make calls. From my above statemen, you can guessed we are in a real darkness and i am beginning to think if we are really part of this country Nigeria. May God help us all
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by polydoctor(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2017
At least 17hrs per day
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Shakitibob0: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2017
Donald3d:
My main location is shasha, their light is like 8 hours per day, which is sometimes not even sure
I now shuffle between my uncles and parents place Mushin(Palm avenue area) and Kola Alagbado area respectively,they have light for like 3 days straight in these two areas sometimes .
Had to do this because I am a freelancer ,money for fuel wan kill persin.
lol @money for fuel...but you are making money too na
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by sunpumping: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2017
0^100000 in ishaga street in Ojodu Abiodun.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by drjustice17: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2017
U all need to be enlighten. The increase in power output is as a result of increase in water level now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria / Offer Tinubu Ideas To Run Economy, Governance - Felix Morka To Atiku, Obi / Yari Built Lagos Hotel With N500m, $500,000 Paris Club Funds – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.