Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday (1991 Views)

How Many Ex Boy/girl Friends Do You Have so far? / She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 10 Bad Behaviors That Make Men Dump Their Girl Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by thweraja10: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2010
My pastor told us last week sunday that when coming on Sunday 14th February 2010 we should bring our girlfriends to church on sunday, i beagn to wonder why should i bring my gal to church cos i dont know what the pastor is up to. So that i wont have my self to blame.
Any idea of why he wants us to bring our partners to church?
Please in need your replies
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Skidoc(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
You should have asked him instead of asking us here. sad
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
thweraja10:

My pastor told us last week sunday that when coming on Sunday 14th February 2010 we should bring our girlfriends to church on sunday, i beagn to wonder why should i bring my gal to church cos i dont know what the pastor is up to. So that i wont have my self to blame.

me tinks he wants to talk about abstinence before marriage before u guys perish. he will also probably want to distribute abtinence ring undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by galatico(m): 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
He probably want to preach to you people, not to indulge in fornication .
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by drrionelli(m): 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
Well, he is a pastor.  Which is to say that he is a man of the Lord.  As such, he wants to be sure that you are surrounding yourselves with those who are good and worthy.  This will allow him to get to know you better in the process, by seeing those with whom you associate.  Also, it will allow him to "show off" his church.  Perhaps, then, your girlfriends will wish to attend and become members, themselves.  

In addition, it shows that he's aware that you are in relationships with others, and he wishes to help you nurture that relationship on a "church family" level. After all, we take our girlfriends to other social gatherings (i.e., dinner, sports events, concerts, parties), so he likely feels that it your temporal relationship should exhibit aspects of sprituality, as well.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by omega25red(m): 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2010
two things can happen
1. he preaches abstinence and unity
2. he scopes out which one of your girlfriends he will snatch from you
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Fearcom(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
Pastor says for you to bring your girl to church. . . . .hmm. . . . . Now That's a new one tongue
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by idifu(m): 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2010
why would i ? i
in fact he is not a professional counselor so why would i take my GF to him for counselingsad so he would tell me rubbish dat my GF is a witch or what?
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by idifu(m): 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2010
most of these pastors are jokes, bunch of modafokas misleading ppl
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
It is amazing how these so called christ-followers are doing things Christ himself never did when he was alive. It is not his duty or business whatsoever to make such request or even attempt to preach abstinence, if that was his plan off course.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by TeeJay6(m): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
no harm in dat, if you attend the church then u should feel free to bring your gf along. He probably wants to encourage in the way to go about dating
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by oge4real(f): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
He will definitely tell you to abstain from s/e/x before marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tee_Jay:

no harm in dat, if you attend the church then u should feel free to bring your gf along. He probably wants to encourage in the way to go about dating

Where in the bible did Jesus did that or God ask his followers to interfere?

oge4real:

He will definitely tell you to abstain from s/e/x before marriage.

I wonder if he practised what he preaches?

I won't be surprise if he was a dauda the sexy guy back in his own days.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by selencious(f): 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
@ID and EL, I don't think itz any of your Biz;you should learn to mind your biz instead of jumping into silly  conclusions. Its the poster's choice if he wants to. You have no right to judge the pastor;he's got a reason for saying that.
@Poster, I think you need not post this topic;use your brain and do whatever you please. Afterall, your pastor didn't say its by force aight. If you think it ain right, leave the church and go somwhr else. Whatever!!!
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Amigoz(f): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2010
omega25red:

two things can happen
1. he preaches abstinence and unity
2. he scopes out which one of your girlfriends he will snatch from you

talk true. . . u are a pastor by mouth  cheesy
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
selencious:

@ID and EL, I don't think itz any of your Biz;you should learn to mind your biz instead of jumping into silly  conclusions. Its the poster's choice if he wants to. You have no right to judge the pastor;he's got a reason for saying that.
@Poster, I think you need not post this topic;use your brain and do whatever you please. Afterall, your pastor didn't say its by force aight. If you think it ain right, leave the church and go somwhr else. Whatever!!!

Look at this Mumuni! It becomes everybody's business once it is posted in a public forum! grin

The same way the pastor have a right and choice to make "unbiblical" request, so do we have the right and choice to criticize and give scathing opinions on his actions.

Please point to me where in the bible Jesus did such thing, or the God most high asked his shepherd such dubious thing? No?
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by TeeJay6(m): 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2010
no be by force now, if he doesnt want to do it just dont, infact if you feel the preaching about abstinence is rubbish then keep doing it but why should you expect the wedding to be done by the church when you have not kept to the requirements
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tee_Jay:

no be by force now, if he doesnt want to do it just dont, infact if you feel the preaching about abstinence is rubbish then keep doing it but why should you expect the wedding to be done by the church when you have not kept to the requirements

Say what? Since when did the church become a player in someone's life - especially romance? Please explain these "requirements" to me. Lol.

Thank heavens some of us can ask questions. Kai.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by selencious(f): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
@El-Shut ur trap Brainless!!! So, if a pastor doesn't do exactly what Jesus did, he is not a true man of God, Do you know the reason why he said that? You do not know if he was instructed by God and you do not know how many lives the word he would preach that day would save. Some couples thinking of doing what is not right before marriage might end up with a change of mind. That was why I said think before you post stupidly.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by TeeJay6(m): 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
ElRazur:

Say what? Since when did the church become a player in someone's life - especially romance? Please explain these "requirements" to me. Lol.

Thank heavens some of us can ask questions. Kai.
those who attend church, or should i say christians abide by the bible, it is meant to be their lifestyle. When a marriage is rocky they consult the bible and ask the pastor to intervene so if the relationship was based on unbiblical acts before solemnisation how can you then have the boldness to seek the pastors help when he had already warned you to abstain
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by netwiz: 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
you should have asked your valentine pastor
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
selencious:

@El-Shut your trap Brainless!!! So, if a pastor doesn't do exactly what Jesus did, he is not a true man of God,  Do you know the reason why he said that? You do not know if he was instructed by God and you do not know how many lives the word he would preach that day would save. Some couples thinking of doing what is not right before marriage might end up with a change of mind. That was why I said think before you post stupidly.

Kai. See me, see fire, see you, see petrol. No let make I burn you joo. So please relax will you. grin

Please answer the following questions.

1. If Christians are followers of christ. And as a result, do what he did when he is alive or try and live by his principles and teachings [and that of the holy spirit]. Please explain to me which part of the teachings of christ did this request of this pastor fall into?

2. I am trying hard to find a reason and as it stands the end do not justify the means. What people get up to in their personal life is none of his business. You just do not ask people to bring in their GF on Val's day. How many people do you think feel comfortable with that? Clearly the OP is not comfortable with it. No?

3. He is a man of God? I very much doubt that. He is about as man of God as Osama bin landen is a peaceful man.  Anyone can do any stupid thing and say it is an act of God. In the eye of Osama bin laden he is doing the will of God and what god wanted - I.e acting under instructions from God. And as with the hallmark of most religion, these so called men of God will do anything stupid and attribute it to God's instructions. What a load of bullocks.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tee_Jay:

those who attend church, or should i say christians abide by the bible, it is meant to be their lifestyle. When a marriage is rocky they consult the bible and ask the pastor to intervene so if the relationship was based on unbiblical acts before solemnisation how can you then have the boldness to seek the pastors help when he had already warned you to abstain

Marriage is not the same as dating. How is my GF [or in this case, that of the OP] the business of the Pastor?

What do you call unbiblical acts? Sex before marriage? Oh please let us not go there please. smiley
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by daduke2k(m): 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
Is ur pastor married? Cos he s lookin 4 a wife
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
daduke2k:

Is your pastor married? Cos he s lookin 4 a wife

Shouldn't the pastor be spending that day with his own wife or who ever he is dating? LMAO!
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ayettymama(f): 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
all i can say is i will not try it if i were u!!!!
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
thweraja10:

You are a very stupid and brainless miscreant.Why wuld u open ds kind of thread? So u are so daft that u cant make some decisions on ur own as a man. Hw culd you bring a case of a man of God here when u know some animals wuld open their mouths to insult them.You were the first to throw a stone at ur own pastor while other pple that have bn talking rubbish follow.It is idiots liek you that will first get to church on Sundays with big bible.Must you condemn whatever ur pastor has said?If u dont have confidence in ur pastor knowing very well what he culd be up to why dont u just ignore what he said and keep ur little pipe hole shut?
It shows that u are so useless and i dont think u can handle any girl they way u have displayed here.
Were u the only one in ur church that day?
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by ElRazur: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
nikkykay:

You are a very silly and brainless miscreant.Why wuld u open ds kind of thread? So u are so daft that u cant make some decisions on your own as a man. Hw culd you bring a case of a man of God here when u know some animals wuld open their mouths to insult them.You were the first to throw a stone at your own pastor while other pple that have bn talking rubbish follow.It is idiots liek you that will first get to church on Sundays with big bible.Must you condemn whatever your pastor has said?If u dont have confidence in your pastor knowing very well what he culd be up to why dont u just ignore what he said and keep your little pipe hole shut?
It shows that u are so useless and i dont think u can handle any girl they way u have displayed here.
Were u the only one in your church that day?

Typical idiotic nigerian mentality. Keep it up.

smiley
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by idifu(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
i tink d pastor is looking for a wife or sum 1 to bang? abi why in d world would he ask his church members to bring their GF's so he can choose which one of dem he would seducesmiley? i have sin lot of pastors do lot of nasty things most especially when it comes to females
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by spawnx: 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
@Nikkay: Chill out, i sense a lot of brimstone coming from you. you aint a zealot, rite.
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 12, 2010
ElRazur:

smiley
[/quote
I culd see that trait in you, So ride on
Re: My Pastor Asked Us To Bring Our Girl Friends To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 12, 2010
ElRazur:

smiley
[/quote
I culd see that trait in you, Birds of the same feathers,So ride on

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valuable Advice For The Men. He That Has Ears . . / I Am In Love / Is It Right For A Lady To Do House Chore For Her Boyfriend During Courtship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.