Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court (17715 Views)

Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops / Confirmation: Senate Lifts Embargo On CBN Deputy Governor, MPC Members / List Of All Buhari's Appointees Since 2015 Released By Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by CosmicJames(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
This Magu matter don't tire person. Why can't FG let Magu go? Is he the only person that can occupy that position?

I can see that it is now a matter of by fire by force confirmation.
Wether senate like it or not, anybody that FG send to them must be confirmed by fire by force even if that person has issues.

Which kinda Government is this?

APC, sense fall on you

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by chigoizie7(m): 8:49am On Jul 18, 2017
I know they are all rogues.

But the senate is right this time.

No one should be bigger than the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by NothingDoMe: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2017
Atiku2019:
Well I'm enduring all these 2015 political mishaps for now.....

#Atiku2019
Nobody is even worried about Atiku. He nor get levels at all.

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by ipobarecriminals: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2017
awon oniranu dede.Awon gbewiri lasan.Awon alakori oponu alailojuti agba lasan.Awon eyan jatijati raurau lasan.Awon eyan ti o ye ki o wa logba ewon kirikiri.Magu is going nowhere. Nonsense
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by emerged01(m): 8:56am On Jul 18, 2017
TippyTop:
Is it only Magu that can fight corruption or APC govt have ulterior motives by insisting on Magu?
For now it is only Magu.
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by PassionateSoul(m): 8:56am On Jul 18, 2017
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by abraka00(f): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
awon oniranu dede.Awon gbewiri lasan.Awon alakori oponu alailojuti agba lasan.Awon eyan jatijati raurau lasan.Awon eyan ti o ye ki o wa logba ewon kirikiri.Magu is going nowhere. Nonsense
Common speak English. Omo ale jati jati.

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by onyiloyi(m): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2017
TippyTop:
Is it only Magu that can fight corruption or APC govt have ulterior motives by insisting on Magu?
and if d Senate don't have ulterior motives why insist that Magu must not b EFCC chairman. Are u aware that an ambassadorial nominee was confirmed by the same Senate even though there was a DSS report against him? Think twice my brother, there's more to y Senate don't want Magu as EFCC boss

3 Likes

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by Brugo(m): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Another senator challenged the presidency to also consider seeking interpretation on whether the National Assembly can alter figures proposed in the budget submitted by the executive.

“In fact, they should go ahead on the budget bill also, so that the Supreme Court can decide if the National Assembly can tinker with the proposed figures.

“If the lawmakers can alter executive bills, will the Supreme Court say it cannot alter a money bill? A bill is a bill,” the senator said.

“We stand firm and resolute, we will not consider anything, any request for confirmation.

Wow. Just look at this crook of a senator!

When budgets are submitted you summon the respective ministers to defend their figures. Who will defend the frivolous figures you guys add in the name of constituency projects? How are we certain that your figures are not grossly inflated? Why should we accept the budget cuts you make without debating it with the minister in charge?

These senators have literally taken the law into their own hands.

2 Likes

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by emmancecute(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2017
We keep telling them that the 1999 constitution is outdated, but they won't listen. This saga will continue until this is done, Agencies act says executive appointees as their Chairman, DGs et all must pass through the senate for confirmation, but such provision isn't in the constitution. Most of the new Govt agencies don't have their provisions in the constitution, and the constitution is the embodiment of all act& codes, isn't that contradictory?

2 Likes

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by millhouse: 9:01am On Jul 18, 2017
AustineCJ:
There is something fishy about these Magu.Either the president r hiding something or the Senate are running from something....God help us with our dirty politics in these country.
hehehehehe.. Naaa Its d cabal in the presidency that don't want magu and the Senate are ready to play ball as long as the cabal has used the DSS to show to the Senate and whole Nigeria that Mr. Magu is not Ribadu.. Magu's hands are soiled with bribe money.

3 Likes

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by deebsman1(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2017
This fear fear baby presidency should have by now knows the judges at the supreme court na dem dem

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by holluphemydavid(m): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by emmancecute(m): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2017
chigoizie7:
I know they are all rogues.

But the senate is right this time.

No one should be bigger than the constitution.
The senate isn't entirely right, they both need clarification on the subject matter. The truth is the present constitution needs a total overhauling, cos there's a lot missing in it.
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by chigoizie7(m): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2017
emmancecute:

The senate isn't entirely right, they both need clarification on the subject matter. The truth is the present constitution needs a total overhauling, cos there's a lot missing in it.

Well, from what I heard or know.

For anyone being appointed into the public office, the person should be clear on all criminal cases. And should also be cleared by all security agencies. So, on this very magu case, I think the senate are right as the DSS didn't clear magu, or should I say magu is still being indicted by the DSS?

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by pellummy(m): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2017
What with d presidency? this magu, should nt ve waited so long as acting: while in acting he deals wit majority of the senate member, put them on toes, comfirm waiting who want 2 keep wild lion in his house, those corrupt senator..some1 nids to show ur bad eggs...
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by adetayo234: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2017
TippyTop:

Looks like the sinators Also have ulterior motives for wanting magu out of the way.
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by Nixiepie(f): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2017
wristbangle:

Long time dear
yea how u doing
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by orisa37: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Very good!
God is in Nigeria.
The Presidency is His Instruction.
The Legislature is His Direction.
The Judiciary is His Discernment.
All are Directives.
Now let us see how Nigerian Democracy and the Constitution blend these to provide Security for her Planning, Safety of her Progress and Success, Conrol and Containment for Nigerians.
God bless Nigerian War Against Indiscipline(WAI).
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by misspineapple(f): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2017
TippyTop:
i jes weak...jes weak

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by emmancecute(m): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2017
chigoizie7:

Well, from what I heard or know.

For anyone being appointed into the public office, the person should be clear on all criminal cases. And should also be cleared by all security agencies. So, on this very magu case, I think the senate are right as the DSS didn't clear magu, or should I say magu is still being indicted by the DSS?
My brother, you and I know that the reason why Magu isn't cleared is not because of the DSS report as we were made to believe. I guess Magu has something the senate wants.
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by Lionofdjungle: 9:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Power tussle between two elephants
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by BabaO2: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2017
TippyTop:
Is he not a Nigerian?
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by smileyoo: 9:41am On Jul 18, 2017
there are basic questions that need to be answered over this magu saga. what is so special about magu, that he can't be replaced by the govt or be confirmed by the senate? could it be that the apc govt is using magu to protect the corrupt ones in their midst, thereby creating one-sided fight against corruption? how many high profile convictions has magu achieved among the many celebrated corrupt cases in the media? if magu has so much integrity, why such condemnation by dss, a federal agency that is under the presidency? pls nigerians need a sincere fight againt corruption, not these media trials. because corruption is killing the nation even now, despite so called fight against corrupt. creating sacrosants in the fight against corruption, itself is corruption and highly hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by IYANGBALI: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2017
Narldon:
shocked shocked
abeg no let your eye drop in my soup o
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2017
See our youths of today ni tori olohun.

Didn't you people see where the senators talked about the DSS report that actually indicted Magu twice?

The FG is just being stupid cos there's no case here.

Does the executive expect the legislature to ignore an indicting report from DSS on a candidate to be confirmed? For such a sensitive position?

Anybody supporting the FG on this one is a hopeless zombie whose brains need to be checked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by wristbangle: 10:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Nixiepie:
yea how u doing

I dey 4 where u put me sad
Re: Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court by trinity11(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2017
nero2face:
I still don't get it, what's so spectacular about this Magu of a man?, why has de senate refused to accept him, why has de fed. govt refuse to look for someone else?,....for me it's either He screws de upper chamber or he favours de fed govt.,..whichever way, all parties involved are just confused... Ndi ara

Both,
He will fight the Red chamber blood for blood and at the same time its going to be a sentimental fight. Magu is a warrior, he is just stuck in the middle of this APC mess.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead / Nigeria Decides 2019: SDP Reacts As INEC Postpones Elections / #EndSARS: Kingsley Moghalu Advises Nigerian Youths On Next Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.