Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres (7133 Views)

Suspected SARS Operative Shoots PDP Agent At Collation Center In River State / How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre / Collation Of Results At The INCC Abuja Postponed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by nwakibie3(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
The Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC) says it will announce results of the July 22 local council polls at ward collation centres.

The Chairman of commission, Justice Ayotunde Phillips made the disclosure in a statement by Mr Dapo Olatunde, LASIEC’s Director of Publicity.

She, however, said the commission would set up an election support centre at its head office to monitor developments in various collation centres and other locations.

Philips expressed the resolve of the commission to conduct a free and fair election on Saturday.

She added that the commission had started distribution of non-sensitive electoral materials to electoral officers across the 20 local governments and 37 development areas.

The LASIEC’s boss said the early distribution was to ensure early arrival of the materials to various polling units for a hitch-free election.

She said electoral officers would distribute the materials to the Presiding Officers in the various councils who would deploy them to the various polling units.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that LASIEC has fixed July 22 for the council polls and July 29 for run-off.

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-council-poll-lasiec-to-announce-results-at-collation-centres/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by gseun53(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
okay
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by duroc(m): 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
No election jor.. Dem don already know who go enter.. Na we we things!!
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by hucienda: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Interesting. It'd be good if people actually come out to vote.
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Meaning there will be free "War film" in each and every polling station immediately the results are announced.

Make this my side chick sha reach my side before them announce result that day because I can guarantee you that there will be breakdown of law and order
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by three: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Okay but....

hopefully Lagos Residents will vote APC out of the grassroots and vote in capable people regardless of party

How can the State Assembly amend the electoral laws just four days to the polls!!!

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-assembly-amends-lasiec-law-ahead-saturdays-election/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by babatuadeg: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
results that would have been written b4 election proper. naija I hail thee
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by DWJOBScom(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
good , very good
Am so sure it's allowed over here as APC is so sure of taking all the LGAs

Ambode has relatively been a success compared to other state govts

He has been spending on infrastructure and i hope we save for the future

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nigerians still vote? Smh. Upon all we've suffered in the hands of these polithiefcians. People are still going to vote
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by preacherz: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
This may give room for other parties likePDP to gain ground in The State
Does d Governor think APC is that porpular. Good for Democracy though.
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by myqel(m): 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good, my brother will be declared winner at the ward collation centre

Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ok let's wait ...

U.K. Used iPhone 6 @ 87k...
naija used iPhone 5 @ 47k...
naija used iPhone 7+ @ 250k...

All phone are very neat
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by victor8269: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
DWJOBScom:
good , very good
Am so sure it's allowed over here as APC is so sure of taking all the LGAs

Ambode has relatively been a success compared to other state govts

He has been spending on infrastructure and i hope we save for the future
Is Ambode contesting?. LG elections, my dear
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by DWJOBScom(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
victor8269:

Is Ambode contesting?. LG elections, my dear

No comment
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by DATMAT(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
my people pls vote for Hon Olayemi John Kehinde aka D excel as Councillor Ward F Bariga Local development area under umbrella Of PDP, thanks @simplydatmat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by seguno2: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
three:
Okay but....

hopefully Lagos Residents will vote APC out of the grassroots and vote in capable people regardless of party

How can the State Assembly amend the electoral laws just four days to the polls!!!

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-assembly-amends-lasiec-law-ahead-saturdays-election/

Other candidates should sue them, up to the Supreme Court, if necessary about the illegality of changing the laws so close to the election.
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by BigDealz: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
three:
Okay but....

And someone would be shouting and clamouring for state police... This is a testament to what could happen when powers are given to the states. Restructuring my foot!!!
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by shegerun: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
If only people will come out enmass and vote out APC do nothing local government chairmen and counselors. This will send them a powerful message that they can't continue to take the masses for a ride. The governor is doing a good job at the state level, but it is a disaster at the local government level. A good example is Addo road in Eti Osa local government that is in such a deplorable state. I guess the local government is waiting for the state to intervene when they can easily fix the road.
Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by Bunmarium(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
three:
Okay but....

E no just fit happen ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Council Election: LASIEC To Announce Results At Collation Centres by zoom007: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
three:
Okay but....

In your dreams.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) / Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption / NASS:Group Charges APC To Support Olabutosu A Yoruba Christian For Equity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.