Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (251167 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:11am On Oct 24, 2013
In Him, You’re Safe! · Thursday, October 24th ·

Pastor Anita

He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions (Daniel 6:27).

The Lord is a deliverer and rescuer; He delivers the righteous from trouble and rescues him from destruction. Psalm 59:16 says, "But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble." He’s a safe place. If you’re born again, you’re in Him; your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). Christ is your security, your defense, and your fortress. No wonder He charged us so many times in the Word to "fear not."

It makes no difference who or what may come out against you; the Lord says "Fear not." Don’t be terrified by the adversary or dismayed by their description. Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10). You’re not alone. The Bible says in Hebrews 12:22, "But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels." You’re surrounded by angels, who according to the Bible, have been given charge over you, to keep you, that is, protect you in all your ways (Psalm 91:11).

1 John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." You’ve already overcome the adversary. Don’t give attention to information that makes the adversary appear powerful. That’s how fear builds up and takes over. Instead, fortify your spirit with the Word of faith. Listen to faith-filled words again and again, until it becomes impossible for you to think or talk fear.

Receive God’s Word to you today; declare with boldness that Christ is your refuge and strength! In Him you live, move, and have your being; therefore no evil can befall you! Psalm 91:7 says, "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." You dwell in Him; therefore, you’re divinely protected and preserved from trouble, defeat, failure and death. "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day" (Psalm 91:5).

Confession  

I proclaim my victory and my glory in Christ Jesus. I walk in His wisdom, and in the dominion of the Spirit today; greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. I’m more than a conqueror.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 32:7; Psalm 91:1-16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 6:1-21, Isaiah 61-63

2 Year Reading Plan : John 7:20-31, 2 Kings 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by donchrisk(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2013
thehomer: @ mabell

What you're doing is simply bearing too much of a risk for something that some of us would not even accept when its being given away for free because we don't want to even bother with disposing of it without removing it from the packet.

If you consider yourself a christian trying to help people, you should know that you are actually violating a number of laws most especially the copyright law. You should read the small print in the first few pages of the book you are copying and pasting here on a public forum.

I should also point out to you that it is in some ways analogous to stealing which would make you end up in hell for your attempted good deed.
stop sayin what u dont no pastor chris will be vry proud of mabel if he get 2 notice what she is doin. Mabel keep it tank u 4 help 2 shair dis massage on dis platform.

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:54am On Oct 25, 2013
His Wonderful Name · Friday, October 25th ·

Pastor Chris

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you… (Matthew 28:18-20).

If you’re born again, the Name of Jesus has been named upon you. That Name is the greatest Name ever revealed to man, for it’s the Name by which God created all things. God vested all authority in the wonderful and matchless Name of Jesus Christ.

The Word declares that Jesus delegated His authority to us, and commissioned us to make disciples of all nations, in His Name. He said, "…baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." He used the singular noun "name," showing us that the Name of the Father, Son, and of the Holy Spirit is Jesus. When you study the Book of Acts, you’d observe that in carrying out the instructions of the Master, the Apostles baptized in the Name of Jesus (Acts 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5, 22:16). They understood Jesus’ statement without any ambiguity. They knew that the Name "Jesus" is the Name of the Godhead! When you say "In the Name of Jesus," you’re referring to the Deity.

Colossians 1:19 says, "For it pleased the Father that in him (Jesus) should all fulness dwell." The fullness of the Godhead bodily dwells in Jesus—the Name above every name. Get excited about the Name of Jesus! Philippians 2:10 says "…at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth." Everything and every being that exists in heaven, earth, or under the earth are subject to Jesus.

Prayer
  Dear Father, I thank you for giving me the authority to function in the Name of Jesus! I live by the power of that Name today, in dominion, victory, and righteousness. I experience peace, progress, increase, success, and prosperity always, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:Luke 10:19; Philippians 2:9-11

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Timothy 1:1-18, Isaiah 64-66

2 Year Reading Plan : John 7:32-44 2 Kings 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:08am On Oct 26, 2013
Confessions Based On Revelation · Saturday, October 26th ·

Pastor Chris

Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus (Hebrews 3:1 NKJV).

When we talk about "confessing" or speaking in conformity with the Word of God, it’s not mere "positive talking" or a formula for getting God to do something. That’s not what the Word teaches. "Confession" is from the Greek word, "Homologia," and it means ‘speaking the same thing in consent or agreement.’ It means to declare openly, by way of speaking out freely, your deep convictions based on what God has said.

Hebrews 13:5-6 says, "…for he hath said…So that we may boldly say…." Therefore, confession is the proclamation of that which God has said: declaring words that are consistent with His provisions, plans, and purposes. Your confessions must be based on the revelation of the Word of God. This isn’t the same as the person who for example, feels pain in the stomach, and says, "I don’t have stomach pain…"; that’s not confession. The idea of confession isn’t that you deny facts, or that you say, "I’m healed," so that you’d be healed; no. Rather, when you say, "I’m healed," it’s founded on the truth that you know from the Word of God that you have the life of God in you! You have the present-hour consciousness that the same Spirit that raised up Christ from the dead, dwells in you, and vitalizes your mortal body; therefore you’re speaking on the basis of that revelation.

This explains why some people don’t get the right results even though they’ve been making "positive confessions" as it seems. We don’t "confess" the Word so that something will happen; we speak the truth. We tell it as the Word says; you declare that which already belongs to you in Christ, and not what you’re trying to get. Right now, declare God’s Word concerning your life, family, finances and ministry.

Confession  Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I’m reigning in life through Jesus Christ, making progress and moving forward; I’m heaping success upon success. I’m not of this world; therefore I’m immune to the negativities and vagaries of the natural world. Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Corinthians 4:13; Romans 10:10

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Timothy 2:1-26, Micah 1-3

2 Year Reading Plan : John 7:45-53 2 Kings 15-16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Prepare For The Lord’s Coming · Sunday, October 27th ·

Pastor Chris

...And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said… this same Jesus, which is taken up
from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven (Acts 1:9-11).

While the disciples stood gazing in awe as Jesus ascended into heaven, two angels appeared to them and said, "…This same Jesus, who has been received from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven" (Acts1:11). This is so important; Jesus is coming again. This is the reason we’re preaching the Gospel around the world; the whole world needs to know that the Master is coming soon.

Jesus said in John 14:3, "…I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." It’s your responsibility to prepare for His coming. If you’re born again you’re assured that at His coming the Master would receive you to Himself. However, the one without Christ would face eternal condemnation. If you’re
reading this today, and you’re yet to make Jesus the Lord of your life, do so right away! Say, "Lord Jesus, I ask that you come into my heart to be the Lord of my life, from this day onward."

The Apostle Peter alluding to the day of the Lord and the events that’ll herald His coming said, "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness" (2 Peter 3:10-11).

In everything you do, don’t lose focus of that day; live everyday as one who’s expecting the Master; carry that consciousness in your heart at all times. While you’re getting yourself ready, you’re to help those around you get ready, and be prepared as well, for the coming of the Lord.

Confession
Christ has been made unto me wisdom and that wisdom causes me to walk in the will of God, and fulfill my destiny in Christ. I’m walking worthy of the Lord, pleasing Him in all things as I joyfully anticipate His soon return. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 22:20

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Timothy 3:1-17, Micah4-5
2 Year Reading Plan : John 8:1-11 2 Kings
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2013
What Do You Want? · Monday, October 28th ·

Pastor Anita

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it (John 14:13-14).

Only someone with unlimited power could make a statement such as the one above. Jesus said, if you ask anything in His Name, He’d do it; irrespective of what it is! As long as it’s something that’s good for you and good for God, you can ask and it’ll be granted you. In Jeremiah 32:27 the Lord said, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?" He’s the Big Boss; He owns everything; and He’s saying to you today: "Ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you."

Some people say, "We should never ask God for the things we want; God only grants our needs, not our wants." But the Lord says, "…if ye shall ask anything." This certainly doesn’t refer to asking for "your needs." In fact, you’re not supposed to ask for your needs because they’re already catered for by your heavenly Father. The Bible says He’s the One who takes care of the sparrows, and the lilies of the field. If He would cater for the birds and flowers, how much more will He take care of you, His beloved child (read Matthew 6:31-32 AMP).

Religion has cheated many and deceived them to thinking they’d have to ask for their needs! Paul said, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). Paul wasn’t making a promise to the Church on God’s behalf; he had come to know God’s ways of doing things: He supplies not just some but ALL our needs! Therefore, when you recognize a need, you don’t need to pray, "Oh God, I need such-and-such"; just declare that you have it in the Name of Jesus.

As the seed of Abraham, you deserve to have the best things in life; there’s no reason for you to be in lack or to envy others over what they have. You can have anything you want. Nothing is too good for you. Be bold to ask what you want in His Name, and receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:24).

Confession  The Lord is my Shepherd, therefore I do not lack. I’m walking in the light of my prosperity today, for I’m the seed of Abraham; I have access to wealth untold; I’m supply conscious! I have all my needs met, because I’m plugged to God’s unending supply.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Corinthians 9:8; Psalm 23:1

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Timothy 4:1-22, Micah 6-7

2 Year Reading Plan : John 8:12-21 2 Kings 19-20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2013
Be Inspired To Pray For Others · Tuesday, October 29th ·

Pastor Chris

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men (1 Timothy 2:1).

There’s enough power in you to turn any situation around in your favour; you can change anything through prayer, because the divine power necessary to cause that change is already inside you (Acts 1:cool.

I remember the testimony of a young girl who was retarded and bedridden due to juvenile arthritis. She could only move around in a wheelchair, and the only part of her body that she could move was her neck, as the disease had stiffened her whole body.

She was taken to a miracle service, and while in that meeting, she wept and called on the Lord to help her. Some others saw her and began to pray for her too. As they interceded for her, she asked the lady beside her to help her up. Though her hands and legs felt heavy and painful, she managed to stand up. As others prayed for her, the lady encouraged her and said, "Don’t worry, go ahead and move your hands and legs. The Lord has healed you."

Although it was difficult for her to move, she was encouraged by the faith of those who were praying for her and began to take her steps. They all erupted in praise to the Lord as she took another step, and then another one, and right before their eyes, she began to run around the room! That happened just because those believers around her were moved by compassion to pray for her.

There’s so much we can do and change in the lives of others if we’d intercede for them. There’re many who are going through a lot of hurt for whom we must pray. The Bible says of the Lord Jesus that He’s touched with the feeling of our infirmities (Hebrews 4:15). Be moved by the conditions of the sinners and others who are suffering around you. Let the plight of the poor, the sick, and the downtrodden stir compassion in you to intercede for them and cause a change in their lives today.

Prayer  

I pray today for all who are suffering; especially little children, who are sick, displaced, hurting or experiencing any form of pain, that by your Spirit, and through the ministry of angels, help, succour and comfort will come to them. I pray that the faith, courage, and strength they need to come out victorious be ministered to them in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Nahum 1-3 Titus 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : John 8:22-32 2 Kings 21-22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:48am On Oct 30, 2013
Live Joyfully… Everyday · Wednesday, October 30th ·

Pastor Chris

Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms (James 5:13).

There’re many who, instead of enjoying their lives every day are worried and weighed down by the cares of this life. The Lord Jesus, in Matthew 6:25, enjoins us not to live that kind of life: "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" (Matthew 6:25).

The Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul reiterated a similar thought in Philippians 4:6: "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." You must decide to live joyfully and happily every day; it’s a choice you have to make. Never find yourself sad, depressed or discouraged, irrespective of what happens around you.

God doesn’t have the responsibility of making you happy or joyful. What He did was to put joy in your spirit. Joy is a characteristic fruit of your recreated human spirit (Galatians 5:22), but it’s up to you to live joyfully. No one but you, in the whole world, has the responsibility of making you joyful.

Living joyfully has nothing to do with what’s happening to you or around you, or what others say or do to you. It’s got nothing to do with your experiences either; you can be joyful in the midst of trouble. James 1:2 says count it all joy when you go through diverse troubles. In other words, don’t be moved by adverse circumstances; remain thankful and exuberant with joy, knowing that you’re more than a conqueror.

Living joyfully has nothing to do with what’s happening to you or around you, or what others say or do to you. It’s got nothing to do with your experiences either; you can be joyful in the midst of trouble. James 1:2 says count it all joy when you go through diverse troubles. In other words, don’t be moved by adverse circumstances; remain thankful and exuberant with joy, knowing that you’re more than a conqueror.

Confession

Dear Father, I thank you for your overflowing springs of joy that emanate from the innermost part of my being. Irrespective of the situations and circumstances, I rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory, knowing that all things work together for my good! Halleluiah!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 14:17; Psalm 5:11; Philemon 1:3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Habakkuk 1-3 Titus 3:1-15

2 Year Reading Plan : John 8:33-43 2 Kings 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Oct 31, 2013
Be Continually Filled With The Spirit · Thursday, October 31st ·

Pastor Chris

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

Our opening verse in the original Greek rendering is expressed in present continuous language. This means, for you to be effective in your Christian walk and live the transcendent life in Christ to the full, you have to be continually filled with the Spirit—not just for one day—but always. Praying in tongues is very beneficial in this regard; you can pray in tongues anytime you want to, and be filled with the Spirit. It’s not difficult at all to be continually filled with the Spirit.

The Word of God shows us in the ensuing verses, right after our opening verse, how to experience this constant infilling of the Holy Spirit. It’s by "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" (Ephesians 5:19). Notice it didn’t say, "…speaking to one another…"; when it says "speaking to yourselves…" it means each of us speaking to himself.

For example, when you say "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want; the Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world!" That’s you speaking the Word to yourself; edifying yourself with the Word of God. Speaking the Word to yourself in this manner is one of the ways to get yourself continually filled with the Spirit.

Secondly, it says, "...Singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord...." This refers to singing in the spirit; making spiritual melodies in your heart to the Lord. It doesn’t have to be melodious to anyone else; you just go on singing in the spirit, all by yourself. Next, it says, "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ." That means you give thanks to God for all He’s done for you; you testify of His wondrous works in your life, thanking Him for His love, kindness, grace, mercy, and glory in your life! You can also minister to others as in Colossians 3:16: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

Consciously practice these, and get yourself continually filled with the Spirit, for an all-day, alltime life of victory and dominion through the Holy Ghost!

Prayer
Blessed heavenly Father, I exalt and worship you for your great love, grace and power in my life! Thank you for bringing me into a life of peace and joy in the Holy Ghost! To you be all glory and dominion forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 4:31; 1 Corinthians 14:2

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Zephaniah 1-3 Philemon 1:1-25

2 Year Reading Plan : John 8:44-59 2 Kings 24-25

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2013
The Knowledge That Makes Us Masters · Friday, November 1st

Pastor Chris

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

In the opening verse above, the Apostle Paul specifically prayed for the Colossian brethren to be filled with the full knowledge of God’s will. This was the knowledge of God that Paul had, and lived by; which made him extraordinary and distinguished him among the Apostles. It’s the knowledge that makes us masters. It puts you over in life.

In Christ, we’re ordained of God to live as champions and reign as kings in life. The reason this hasn’t been the experience of many is that they haven’t learnt to walk in the knowledge of God’s will. Romans 12:2 tells us about the good, the acceptable, and the perfect will of God: "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

The ultimate is walking in God’s perfect will; but that only builds from having fellowship with the Holy Spirit. As you fellowship with Him through prayer, study of the Word and meditation, you’ll know His perfect will, intent and purposes. Through that intimacy, you’ll become more like Him; united with Him in thought and character.

You become a consistent victor when you function with the full and exact knowledge of His perfect will for your life. You’ll always know what to do in every situation; all your efforts and resources will constantly be channelled in the right direction to achieve the right results. You can know and live in His perfect will.

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for guiding me through your Word, and the Holy Spirit, to know and walk in your perfect will for me. I’m filled with your wisdom to overcome every challenge I may face, and to do excellently in all my endeavours, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 13:20-21; Ephesians 1:15-17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 1, Haggai 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : John 9:1-7, 1 Chronicles 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 02, 2013
Gombs you are doing a great job but is it possible for you to send this earlier like say 6am? Thank u
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Virtue: Moral Excellence · Saturday, November 2nd ·

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

Our opening verse says we’ve been called to glory and virtue; meaning that inside of you is the glory of God and the power to do right. Virtue means moral excellence that’s dependent on moral energy; the power to do right. It’s the work of the Spirit of God produced from inside you, but you have to walk in it.

For example, you can refuse to cheat at work or school. The power or moral energy to resist such an act is in you. Acts 1:8 says, "…Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…." This power is inherent in you. When the Holy Spirit comes to reside in you, He energizes you from within for the life of moral excellence. You have the inherent ability to set your mind to do what is right, and refuse that which is wrong.

This is what 2 Peter 1:5 tells us: "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue…." This doesn’t mean that "virtue" isn’t already in you, or that you’re to try and get it, and add it to your faith; no! The word "add" is the Greek "epichoregeo" and it means to "furnish besides," i.e. fully supply or sponsor. The ability to set your mind to do what’s right, and refuse that which is wrong is inside you; put it to work! Sponsor it; supply it lavishly to your faith. That’s what God is saying.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word in my life, and its indelible impact on my spirit today and always. I rejoice because your Sprit enlightens my understanding, causing me to manifest and radiate your glory to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Corinthians 4:7; Philemon 1:6

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 2, Jeremiah 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : John 9:8-17, 1 Chronicles 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Immeasurable Grace And Peace! · Sunday, November 3rd ·

Pastor Anita

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter 1:1-2).

There’re people who lament how much they want peace in their life, home, place of work, etc., and as a result, are asking others to pray for them to have more peace. However, that’s not going to work, because the Bible doesn’t say "grace and peace be multiplied to you through prayers," but through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord. Such people may be prayed for, and they might feel better, but that’s all they’re going to get; a "good feeling."

God wants you to have something better than a "good feeling." He wants you to live by His Word! The more you know Him, the more grace and peace you stand to enjoy in your life. The word ‘peace’ as used in 2 Peter 1:2 is from the Greek word, "eirene," which means peace, with rest and prosperity. It’s akin to the Hebrew word "shalom."

In other words, through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, you dwell in rest and prosperity! Everything about your life works out right. You’re not fretful over anything. Irrespective of what happens, you’re unperturbed, because you know things can only turn out for your good.

Keep meditating on the Word of God! Maintain fellowship with the Spirit, and He’ll grant you more revelation knowledge of the Father, and of Jesus our Lord, heaping grace upon grace, thus bringing multiplied favour, promotion, increase, advantage, and other innumerable blessings into your life.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for your glory that’s revealed in my life. I thank you also for beautifying me with your grace and giving me a life of endless peace and prosperity. I’m functioning excellently through the power of the Holy Spirit, who lives in me and pilots me from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 2:12; John 14:27

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 3, Jeremiah 3-4

2 Year Reading Plan : John 9:18-27 1 Chronicles 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sorry folks...bad network here

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Nov 04, 2013
"Sow" The Right Words Into Your Heart! · Monday, November 4th ·

Pastor Chris

If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain (James 1:26).

What the Apostle James meant in the underlined portion in the verse above is different from when you tell someone, "You’re deceiving yourself." He was speaking spiritually when he said "…but deceiveth his own heart…." To deceive your heart is to make your spirit believe a lie. For example, when a Christian says, "You know I’m poor; I don’t have anything; nothing seems to be working in my life." He’s speaking contrary to the will and provisions of Christ in His Gospel, and such words will go into his spirit as seed.

In Mark 4:26-27, Jesus said, "…So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how." All the sower had to do was to sow the seed; and the seed is the Word, and the heart of man is the ground that receives it (Mark 4:14-15). People who talk negatively never get away with it, because what you say is what you get (Mark 11:23).

For the one who consistently speaks poverty and lack, for example, even if all the wealth in the world were delivered to him free, he would still become poor. The principle is explained in 1 Corinthians 2:9-12 (read entire reference). God has prepared great things, beyond human imagination, for those who love Him, and by His Spirit, He has revealed those things to us. The Spirit searches or scans all things—the deep and profound things of God. He’s the only one that knows them, just as no man knows the things of a man’s heart except the spirit of that man: "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God" (1 Corinthians 2:11).

Therefore, the human spirit functions like the Holy Spirit: he scans through you, collating your words: words you’ve sown in your spirit, so as to produce them for you as harvest. Keep sowing the right words into your heart. Only speak words that are in sync with what God has said concerning you. Even now, declare that you’re full of joy, peace, prosperity, divine health, and victories! Keep sowing faith-filled words into your spirit.

Prayer  

Dear Father, your Word is the light that guides my spirit, helping me to say only those things that are consistent with your plan, will and purpose for my life. Thus, my life is a harvest of joy, peace, prosperity, health and promotions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Genesis 8:22; Proverbs 20:27

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 4:1-13 Jeremiah 5-6

2 Year Reading Plan : John 9:28-41 1 Chronicles 4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by saintTolu(m): 8:35am On Nov 04, 2013
Gombs: Sorry folks...bad network here

I REALLY COMMEND UR EFFORT GOMBS.I COME HERE EVERY MORNING TO REDIRECT THE DEVOTIONAL TO FOLKS I COULDN'T HAND THE HARD COPY.THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2013
saint Tolu:
I REALLY COMMEND UR EFFORT GOMBS.I COME HERE EVERY MORNING TO REDIRECT THE DEVOTIONAL TO FOLKS I COULDN'T HAND THE HARD COPY.THANK YOU!

Thanks bro, I'm awed at your work too,very commendable too #Glory

we have to take this msg of Christ to ALL, by ALL means,in season and out of season, to liberate men from the stronghold of religion and the devil

God bless the works of your hand...He will never forget your labor of love towards d saints. Keep doing your bit in taking His divine presence to the peoples n nations of the world, demonstrating the character of His Spirit

Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Acknowledge The Anointing In You · Tuesday,
November 5th ·

Pastor Chris

But the anointing which ye have received of him
abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach
you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all
things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath
taught you, ye shall abide in him (1 John 2:27).

This is so powerful! The anointing is in you.
Have you acknowledged this reality? Do
you have the consciousness of one who’s
anointed by the Holy Spirit? You should
have the presenthour consciousness that
the Anointed One, and His anointing, lives
in you.

Philemon 1:6 says, "That the communication of thy faith
may become effectual by the acknowledging of every
good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus." The anointing
is one of the good things in you in Christ Jesus. That
anointing is the inherent power of God by which we
effect positive changes. Being born again, you’re
anointed with God’s power, glory and might because the
Holy Spirit lives in you. You’re thus empowered of Him
to accomplish things beyond human ability.

Paul said in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through
Christ which strengtheneth me." "Christ" here refers to
the Anointed One and the Anointing. Therefore, Christ
being in you means you’re supernatural; you can
accomplish anything by His power that’s at work in you.

No wonder the Bible says nothing shall be impossible
unto you (Mark 9:23). Walking in the light of this truth
will cause you to be more effective in your Christian
walk.

Recall what we read in Philemon 1:6; if you were to start
listing the good things that are in you in Christ Jesus, you
could pick the anointing as one of them and say, "The
communication of my faith is effectual because I acknowledge the anointing of God’s Spirit which is in
me." That anointing on your life makes you a success in
all that you do; it makes you invincible in life.

Prayer

Dear Father, I recognize your anointing on my life,
and I declare that by reason of that anointing, I can
do all things; I can change hopeless situations and
manifest your glory in any challenging situation. O,
what a life of glory, dominion, and grace you’ve given
me in Christ! I’m living that life to the fullest, in
Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 10:27; Luke 4:18

Isaiah 10:27
"And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing."

Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, "

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 4:14-5:1-10 Jeremiah 7-8

2 Year Reading Plan : John 10:1-10 1 Chronicles 5

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Lordlexyy: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2013
Thank you Gombs and may God enrich you abundantly for your effort in giving our lives a meaning through the Rhapsody of realities.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Amen and Thank you sir...God bless you too
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Nov 06, 2013
Get Excited About The Lord! · Wednesday, November 6th ·

Pastor Anita

And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her (Luke 10:41-42).

The Bible tells us in Luke 10, how on a certain day Jesus visited Mary and Martha in their home. While Mary, with great excitement, sat at the feet of the Master to hear His words, Martha, the elder sister, hurried to the kitchen to fix something for Jesus to eat. Upset that her younger sister didn’t come to help her, Martha complained to the Master and said, "…Master, don’t you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand" (Luke 10:40 MSG).

Mincing no words, Jesus reprimanded Martha and commended Mary for choosing the more excellent path. Mary delighted herself in the Lord and His words, and this was pleasing to the Master. Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." How do you delight yourself in the Lord? It’s by getting excited about Him! Getting excited about His Word, and seizing every opportunity to learn from Him and have fellowship with Him!

Those who are often excited about the Lord this way always have supernatural things happening in their lives; they always have testimonies of victories, successes, and promotions. Note the construction of the verse we just read again. It says, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee…." In other words, without praying, the good things you desire will automatically be made available to you because you’ve delighted yourself in the Lord. You’ll never have to ask for anything for yourself. He’ll grant it before you ask Him. Isn’t this wonderful? Therefore, be excited and exuberant always in your service to Him, and fellowship with Him.

Prayer  Blessed heavenly Father, I’m so grateful to know that you delight in me, and made me for your pleasure. I give pleasure to you today by walking in your perfect will, guided by your wisdom. Thank you for giving me all things richly to enjoy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 58:14; Job 23:12

Isaiah 58:14
"Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."

Job 23:12
"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 5:11-6:1-20, Jeremiah 9-10

2 Year Reading Plan : John 10:11-21, 1 Chronicles 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Sufficient In His Sufficiency · Thursday, November 7th ·

Pastor Chris

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God (2 Corinthians 3:5).

When the scripture says "our sufficiency is of God," it means the ability with which we function is God’s ability. His ability is at work in us. We’re strengthened with the Strength of God. His divine energy is at work in you. You’re therefore up to any task. The Greek word is "hikanotes," which means to have competence or ability, the quality of being adequately fortified and enabled physically, intellectually, mentally, and spiritually for any task!

The Apostle Paul made a striking remark to this effect when he said, "Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily" (Colossians 1:29). No wonder he lived such an inspiring and extraordinary life as an Apostle of Jesus Christ. He acknowledged and took advantage of the power of God that was at work in him mightily. In Philippians 4:13, he said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." By that, he wasn’t saying, "God is able; so He’s going to help me do all things," no! He was referring to an inherent ability in him! He understood that the glorious anointing of the Holy Spirit was at work in him mightily.

You’re sufficient in God’s sufficiency. This means that your abilities are unlimited; nothing is impossible unto you. Nothing can put you down or wear you out. Isaiah 40:31 says, "…they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." He renews your strength day by day; meaning that your strength is continuously exchanged for His strength. What a life we have in Him; a life of the supernatural and infinite possibilities. Halleluiah.

Confession  

Dear Father, I thank you for being my strength and my glory; I’m stirred and ready for anything, and competent to excellently accomplish any task, through your Spirit that infuses inner strength into me! I’m sufficient in your sufficiency! Glory!

f u r t h e r s t u d y:2 Corinthians 9:8; 2 Corinthians 12:9

2Corinthians 9:8
"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:"

2Corinthians 12:9
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 7, Jeremiah 11-12

2 Year Reading Plan : John 10:22-32, 1 Chronicles 7

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Nov 08, 2013
Maintaining Your Victory · Friday, November 8th ·

Pastor Chris

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses (1 Timothy 6:12).

Many are yet to acknowledge and understand the kind of warfare we’re engaged in as Christians. They say, "O, Jesus has done it all for me; He fought all my battles for me." Yes, He already accomplished all things for you, but the Word says you should "fight the good fight of faith."

The fight of faith isn’t a fight with the devil who has already been defeated; rather, it means maintaining your victory in Christ by standing your ground on God’s Word. It means living in the reality of what the Word says about you: laying hold of your rights, privileges and inheritance in Christ, and refusing to let go, irrespective of fierce opposition.

The Apostle Paul emphasized this when he said in 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, "(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." Notice it says "the weapons of our warfare"; acknowledging that there’s indeed a warfare, and we’re involved in it!

Secondly, it describes these weapons, stating that they are mighty through the Word and the Holy Spirit, in the pulling down of "strongholds." Strongholds are ideas, thoughts, principles and theories of this world that contradict the Word. Such ideas and theories create negative mind-sets in people, and hold them in bondage. However, with the Word of God, and through the Holy Spirit, we’re able to pull down or dismantle such strongholds.

Next, it says "casting down imaginations." Sometimes people have imaginations that are against the Word of God; they’re haunted by terrible imaginations of fear, defeat, and failure. With the Word of God, we’re able to tear down and demolish such evil imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God! Stand your ground on the Word always.

Confession  

My faith is producing undeniable results; I prevail over every challenging situation because the greater One lives in me, and I’m strong in Him, and in the power of His might.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 6:10-12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 8 Jeremiah 13-14

2 Year Reading Plan : John 10:33-42 1 Chronicles 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2013
Enduring With Hope · Saturday, November 9th · 

Pastor Anita

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:3).

Patience is an important virtue for every Christian. The Bible admonishes us to add it to our faith: "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience…" (2 Peter 1:5-6).

The key word that describes what the Apostle Peter is talking about is endurance—‘stickability!’ It refers to staying power; the ability to "keep keeping on" in the face of opposition! No matter what happens, refuse to buckle under any pressure; endure with hope. Things may look hard and very challenging; if you ever find yourself in such a situation, endure; go through it! Stick with what you believe! Don’t give up.

In your life, learn to endure hardship with hope. Some people endure without hope, but patience without hope is useless. Patience must be in expectation of a positive outcome; you’re hopeful of a better and brighter day ahead, and you create the picture in your mind.

Tough situations are for tough minds; those who faint or cower in the day of adversity are of little strength (Proverbs 24:10). Therefore, endure hardness with hope, joy, and gladness, knowing that in all things, you’re more than a conqueror.

Prayer 
 Dear Father, I thank you for giving me hope in Christ Jesus. I know that my tomorrow is greater than my today because the path of the just is as a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. I’m confident to face anything that comes my way, because I know my victory is assured, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Galatians 5:22-23 (GNB); Hebrews 10:35-36

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 9:1-10, Jeremiah 15-162 Year Reading Plan : John 11:1-13, 1 Chronicles 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2013
Wisdom, And Spiritual Understanding · Sunday, November 10th · 

Pastor Chris

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

Imagine walking in fulfilment of this prayer! Your life will be an endless manifestation of the excellence of the Spirit. When you have wisdom and spiritual understanding, beyond knowing the whys and wherefores of anything, you know the power behind it. Every time, in every place, and in every situation, you know exactly what to do.

The Prophet Elisha manifested this kind of supernatural understanding and wisdom. Once, he and some other prophets were at Jordan, and one of them, while hewing down a tree, his axe-head pulled off and sank in the river. It was a borrowed axe, so he cried out to Elisha for help (2 Kings 6:5). Elisha cut off a tree branch and tossed it at the spot where the axe-head fell, and instantly, the axe-head floated up. How did Elisha know what to do to bring the axe-head from under the water to the surface? He was filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. The wisdom of God showed him what to do.

Something similar happened with Isaac. There was famine in Canaan and he was about to leave for another city when God instructed him to remain in Canaan. The Bible records that in spite of the drought, Isaac dug wells and found water. Meanwhile, everyone else in Canaan dug wells and found no water. In that same year, the Bible says that Isaac "…waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him" (Genesis 26:12-14).

How did Isaac know where to dig to find water? Why did he prosper exceedingly in a land where everyone else experienced severe hunger, poverty, and deprivation? It was because God gave him insight as to what to do. If you study about him in the scriptures, you’ll discover he’s one of those in the Old Testament who, we’re told, often took time to meditate: "And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide …" (Genesis 24:63).

Meditating on God’s Word causes you to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Prayer 

Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation to know you more and more, with my understanding enlightened for the precision and accuracy of the Spirit at all times, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Proverbs 3:13-18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 9:11-28, Jeremiah 17-18
2 Year Reading Plan : John 11:14-23, 1 Chronicles 10

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2013
Speak The Wisdom Of God · Monday, November 11th ·

Pastor Chris

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory (1 Corinthians 2:7).

Notice that our opening verse doesn’t say, "we talk about the wisdom of God," but that "…we speak the wisdom of God...." Have you ever spoken wisdom? Do you know what it is to speak wisdom? The wisdom of God is creative wisdom; that’s the wisdom that made this world: "He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion," (Jeremiah 10:12).

Just like Him, we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory. The wisdom of God is spoken in esoteric language; it’s not a language for everybody! It’s a closed communication, revealed only to the "initiated." Only those who’re spiritually mature understand when we speak the wisdom of God: "Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought" (1 Corinthians 2:6).

For instance, when you say, "I have the life of God in me"; you’re speaking the wisdom of God. When you say, "I’m full of wisdom, glory and strength; I’m walking in victory, righteousness and grace"; that’s speaking the wisdom of God. Someone might say to you, "How dare you speak so highly of yourself; aren’t you being boastful?" No, you’re not! You’re speaking the wisdom of God.

The Word of God is the wisdom of God. Those who think we’re braggadocios when we speak the Word, and boldly declare who we are in Christ—our rights, privileges, inheritance, and abilities in Him—don’t understand the esoteric nature of our communication. 1 Corinthians 2:14 says, "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Confession 
I walk in the light, as He is in the light. I walk in glory, strength, victory, and righteousness today. My life is the manifestation of the wisdom and grace of God! I’m what God says I am.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 2:6-8; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13

1 Corinthians 2:6-8 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:12-13 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 10:1-18, Jeremiah 19-22

2 Year Reading Plan : John 11:24-34, 1 Chronicles 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Nov 12, 2013
Be Conscious That You Are Light · Tuesday, November 12th ·

Pastor Anita

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 ).

The above scripture is very explicit in its description of you; it says, "...ye are light in the Lord...." Praise God! You’re the light because you’ve been born of God who is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5).

In John 8:12, the Lord Jesus said, "...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." What a declaration! He knew exactly who He was and was bold to declare it. Then, in Matthew 5:14, He called us the light of the world! We’re light just as He is light.

You have to make bold declarations about who you are. You’re the light of the world; therefore, everywhere you go, light up the world. 

Some may scoff, or even get upset, at your audacity of faith; refuse to be moved; keep talking your faith. Choose to walk in the reality of who you are in Christ: shine your light so brightly for others to see, and glorify your heavenly Father.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for qualifying me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. Darkness has no place in me, for I’m native-born to the light. I manifest this light to my world ever so brightly today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 1:12-13; Matthew 5:16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 10:19-39, Jeremiah 23-25

2 Year Reading Plan : John 11:35-46, 1 Chronicles 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:25am On Nov 13, 2013
The Truth · Wednesday, November 13th ·

Pastor Chris

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17).

Whatever God has said about you in His Word is the reality; that’s the truth about you. For example, the Word says, "...Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4). That means you can’t be oppressed; you can’t be defeated or disadvantaged in life, because the greater One, with all His wisdom, power, and glory, lives in you. Another truth is in 1 John 3:2 that says, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God…." You’re a child of God now; not next year or when you get to heaven; it’s a present-hour truth. You’re born of Him, and that makes you an associate of the God-kind.

Moreover, 1 John 4:17 says, "...As he is so are we in this world"; that means you’re His express image; the effulgence of His glory. Anyone who has seen you has seen the Master, because you’re His icon. No wonder He said in John 17:22, "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one." Thus, as He is—glorified—so are you!

Affirming the truth of our uniqueness, peculiarity, and superiority, the Apostle James writes, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (James 1:18). 1 Peter 2:9 reiterates a similar truth: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light."

You’re peculiar; the first and the best of everything that God created. You’re His most precious and prized possession, called to display the excellence, beauty and perfections of divinity! It doesn’t matter what you may be going through in your life today; don’t despair; you’re more than a conqueror. You’re the seed of Abraham! You’re a success.

The sickness-destroying, disease-resistant, and devil-repelling life of God is in every fibre of your being, every bone of your body, and every cell of your blood. Not only are you blessed, you’re also a blessing. Everything and everyone you touch is blessed because you’re the dispenser of God’s goodness!

These are revealed truths about you in the Word of God; and they’re indeed worth singing, dancing, and shouting about!

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you, for my heart has embraced your words of life and truth. Thank you for granting me the revelation knowledge of the glorious truths you’ve spoken concerning me, and the wisdom to appropriate and walk in the reality of my blessings in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 87:2-3; James 1:22

Psalm 87:2-3
2: "The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3: Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah."

James 1:22
"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 11:1-16, Jeremiah 26-28

2 Year Reading Plan : John 11:47-57, 1 Chronicles 13

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2013
If you KNOW that you're been BLESSED by the DAILY RHAPSODY UPDATES by GOMBs don't just read and go away? A like'll go a long way! Show some love!

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:17am On Nov 14, 2013
Insight Into Realities · Thursday, November 14th ·

Pastor Chris

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do (Hebrews 4:13).

The Word is the wisdom of God, and when you’re born again, this wisdom is granted you; it’s deposited in your spirit. The wisdom of God gives you insight into reality; into hidden mysteries and secrets such that nothing eludes you!

Wisdom—the wisdom of God—makes you see into the "real truth" of things. It enables you to see with the eyes and the mind of God, thereby understanding things from God’s perspective. You’re able to understand concepts and see relationships between them! 1 Corinthians 2:7-8 says, "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."

The princes of this world, the great men and intelligentsia of renown, had no revelation knowledge of the wisdom of God. If they did, they would have recognized the Man of Galilee—our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ—when He walked the earth. The Bible says, "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" (John 1:10). The princes of this world didn’t know Him because they lacked insight into reality.

When you receive Christ into your heart, Christ becomes your wisdom. The Bible says, in Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3); this includes the knowledge and understanding of all learning and science; you have all of these inside you. Meditate on this thought; it’ll make you a master of all things.

Prayer  

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for granting me wisdom in my spirit, thus making me a master in life. Christ is my wisdom, and I have insight into reality: all things are made manifest to me by the true light of God’s Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Jeremiah 8:9; Colossians 3:16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 11:17-40, Jeremiah 29-30

2 Year Reading Plan : John 12:1-11, 1 Chronicles 14

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2013
It Begins From Your Spirit · Friday, November 15th ·

Pastor Anita

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

Often in the scriptures, heart is used in lieu of spirit and the reason is clear. Just as the physical heart is the operational centre of the human body, so also the spirit is the controlling centre of human existence. Everything about your life actually originates from your spirit. Success or failure, wealth or poverty, excellence or mediocrity will emanate from a man’s spirit.

Your mind is the door to your spirit. That’s why whatever words and thoughts you allow to go through your mind, unchecked, will be deposited in your spirit. This is the reason you have to sift what goes through your mind to your spirit. Every day, we hear words, see things, and receive all kinds of information, positive and negative alike. You’re required to mount guard on your heart and not allow your spirit receive and process the wrong information.

If, for example, you heard that there’s trouble in the economy or that recession is setting in, and there’s hardship everywhere, don’t be perturbed, because you’re not of this world. Refuse to process such negative information; don’t dwell on it. Rather, you should say, "I refuse to fret or be anxious, because I function in the realm of superabundance. I’m an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ. I function above the economies and economics of this world."

If you give wrong thoughts access into your heart, they’ll instil fear in you. So, keep vigilant watch over your heart. Embrace only thoughts of success, victory, health, prosperity, happiness and fulfilment that come from God’s Word.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that gives me the right information to think and meditate upon; your Word continually finds its home in my heart, is effectual and effective in me, and produces everything it talks about, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Luke 6:45; Philippians 4:8
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 12:1-13, Jeremiah 31-32

2 Year Reading Plan : John 12:12-19, 1 Chronicles 15

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Nov 16, 2013
A New Parentage · Saturday, November 16th ·

Pastor Chris

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly (1 Corinthians 15:48).

The Bible tells us in the book of Genesis how God formed Adam, the first man, from the dust of the ground and breathed life into his nostrils to become a living soul. However, the Bible described him as "earthy" because he was of the earth and possessed the natural human life: "The first man is of the earth, earthy…" (1 Corinthians 15:47).

We’re however introduced to the Second and Last Adam, Jesus Christ: "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45). This Second and Last Adam, whose icon we are, is the Lord from heaven. Unlike the first Adam, He’s a life-giving Spirit. Now that you’re born again, the life in you isn’t the same as what you got from your biological parents. There’s a new parentage; Jesus Christ is now your root; you’re connected to, and born from, the Second and Last Adam.

Your ties with the first Adam have been severed completely and forever. Colossians 3:3 says, your life is hidden with Christ in God; in other words, your life is in Christ, and Christ is your life (Colossians 3:4). This means that the first life, which was terrestrial—of the earth—has been supplanted by the life of Christ, which is celestial: "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven" (1 Corinthians 15:47). No wonder, Jesus said, "...I am from above…" (John 8:23).

Just as we have borne the image of the first Adam, it’s our responsibility to bear the image of the Second Adam. We’re to put on the new image of our new nature in Christ; how? By simply saying, "Yes" to God’s Word. For example, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Your response should be, "that’s who I am; a new creation in Christ, and I’ve put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Christ that created him."

Confession  

Dear Father, I thank you for the miracle of the new creation. My life is from above, therefore, I’m free from the corrupting influences of this world. I’ve put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 3:9-10; 2 Corinthians 3:18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Hebrews 12:14-29, Jeremiah 33

2 Year Reading Plan : John 12:20-29, 1 Chronicles 16

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.