Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250579 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2013
Godliness: Piety Towards God · Thursday, December 26th · 

Pastor Chris

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come (1 Timothy 4:cool.

Godliness in this verse means piety towards God. It refers to the quality of being devout; having a devotion to spirituality. It’s an outward demonstration of an inner life. Being born again, you already have the righteousness of God in you, but you’ve got to express it outwardly. Godliness, in this context, refers to those outward activities you engage in that people can look at and say, "That’s a godly man." It doesn’t essentially refer to inner righteousness or inherent holiness.

There’s a reason this is important. Literally, the word godliness in the Greek is "eusebeia"; and it means well-directed reverence; your well-directed devotions towards God. As Christians, we’re supposed to have this well-directed reverence or piety towards God; there’re things you do that mark you out as a godly person. For example, going to church; not everyone who goes to church is essentially a Christian, nevertheless, every Christian ought to go to church regularly and be committed in a local assembly. Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

Other godly activities that mark you out as a Christian includes fasting, spending time with the Lord in prayer and the study of the Word, and witnessing for Him. Furthermore, as a godly person, there’re certain places you shouldn’t be found in. If you ever have to be in such places, you should go in with godly piety. There’re things you shouldn’t do, and there’re words that shouldn’t come out of you; there’re just certain things that shouldn’t be found in your character as a godly person.

God expects you to handle yourself in a godly manner. Even the way you dress should have some piety to it. There’s a decency that goes with the Spirit of God, and that decency must reflect in every aspect of your life.

Prayer.. 
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word and the guidance of your Spirit in my life. Through your Word, my character is moulded to reflect moral excellence and your righteousness that’s in my Spirit. I inspire many to righteousness today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Luke 4:16; 2 Peter 1:5-7

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Zechariah 4-6 Revelation 18:1-24
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 4:1-12 Ezra 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Oyinprince: @kenny4lyfe thanks sir, same to you and dont 4get to send ma rice and chicken via pm grin

All packaged and ready bro, just receive! cheesy
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gombs:

Wow!.... bobo, how u take know say I dey miss ur presence online? Nice to know u r a church staff, wow, Greater grace dey that job o, tap as much as u can... God bless u jare. Merry Christmas. Thanks for the prayers, Kings shall has come to your rising, because the captain of our salvation has been born in your heart....

The chicken part... ummmmm grin

Of course I know, na the same spirit things nah! grin As for my new Job, no network failure oh! Na wifi connection I dey use tap am sharperly sharperly! grin

Now don't tell me you've finished my chicken oh! angry
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Of course I know, na the same spirit things nah! grin As for my new Job, no network failure oh! Na wifi connection I dey use tap am sharperly sharperly! grin

Now don't tell me you've finished my chicken oh! angry

Nah, d chicken gave got egg laying, I had to let her be grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Dec 27, 2013
Born With Faith In Our Spirits · Friday, December 27th ·

Pastor Anita

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Throughout the epistles, there isn’t much teaching by the Apostles on the subject of faith. The Apostles never told us to have faith because they knew we were born with it. Someone might say, "Well, Jesus asked His disciples, on several occasions, to have faith." Understand that the disciples weren’t born again at that time; they lived under the Old Testament. Besides, salvation, which comes by grace through faith hadn’t been consummated at the time Jesus taught the disciples to have faith. However, in Christ, faith has been imparted to our spirits.

In 2 Peter 1:1, the Apostle Peter wrote, "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." Notice those to whom Apostle Peter was writing: "…them that have obtained like precious faith…." That’s talking about every believer in Christ. We’ve obtained like precious faith with the apostles; we’ve received it. We didn’t have to manufacture or create it; it came to us in the Word, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul spelt out this same truth in his epistle to the Body of Christ in Romans 12:3. It reads, "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." This Scripture addresses all the saints in the Body of Christ; we that are born again! We were given the same measure of faith through the Gospel.

Now, the Lord Jesus made a profound statement with respect to what you can accomplish with that measure of faith. He said, "…verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you" (Matthew 17:20). This is so inspiring; it means you can live a life of infinite possibilities, create your triumphant and victorious life, dominate, and rule your world through faith—the least amount of faith that you possess. This is awesome! Yet everyone has the responsibility to strengthen and multiply his faith.

Prayer..
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the ministry of your Word through which my faith is built strong. As I increase my faith by hearing your Word, and strengthen it through doing the Word, I am increasingly triumphant and victorious in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

F u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 10:17; Romans 12:3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Zechariah 7-8 Revelation 19:1-10
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 4:13-22 Ezra 6

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2013
Gombs:

Nah, d chicken gave got egg laying, I had to let her be grin

Ok! More chickens for me next year then! Let's hook-up on yookos!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Ok! More chickens for me next year then! Let's hook-up on yookos, http://yookos.com/people/pst_kenny

Sent a request bro
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Position Yourself For Victory! · Saturday, December 28th · 

Pastor Chris

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said… (Acts 13:2).

All over the world, people fast and pray at different times and for different reasons. While anyone can fast at any time, there’re special times when the Spirit of God leads you to do so. For example, as a Ministry, we do have our "End of Year Prayer and Fasting Program," because the Holy Spirit asked us to do so. This selected period, which always carries with it an unusual unction and grace, has been pivotal in preparing us as a ministry, and as individuals, for the coming year. However, there’re certain things you must take note of, and also do, to make your fasting and praying worthwhile and fulfilling.

First, understand the purpose of the spiritual exercise. Contrary to what some people think, fasting and prayer is not a way to change or get God to do something; it’s actually a spiritual exercise that benefits you. Its aim is to get your spirit attuned to the Holy Spirit, so you can hear what God is saying, and be guided by Him to know and function in His perfect will for your life. Thus, you’ll know what’s on His mind; that is, what season it is presently in His calendar and how to walk in it.

Secondly, have a clear focus and expectation. This will help guide your prayer, study and meditation sessions. Thirdly, at certain periods of each day, give adequate attention to prayer, especially praying in other tongues. Spend time to study, and meditate on the Word. As much as possible, keep away from all forms of distraction; set your focus and affection on the Lord.

The most vital benefit of prayer to you as a person is the conditioning of your spirit to think in sync with God. In other words, your spirit is conditioned to become a dependable receptacle of His ideas, visions, and promptings. Life shouldn’t be a stream of surprises in terms of accidental occurrences in your life; it should be part of a master plan—God’s master plan. Therefore, position yourself for continual victory in the New Year, by taking out time to fast and pray.

Prayer..

Dear Father, as I take out time to fast and pray in preparation for the greater glory that lie ahead in the coming year, my heart and mind are opened to receive your ideas, visions, and promptings. My spirit is alive to you and sensitive to know, and walk in your perfect will for me in the coming year, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Daniel 9:3-4; 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Zechariah 9-11 Revelation 19:11-21
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 4:23-37 Ezra 7

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by FabioPeter: 7:53am On Dec 28, 2013
God bless you.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2013
Fabio Peter: God bless you.

And you too....merry new year ahead
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2013
The Gain Of Temperance · Sunday, December 29th ·

Pastor Chris

He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls (Proverbs 25:28).

"Temperance" is such an important virtue that needs to be clearly understood. Some Bible versions translate it as "self-control." However, the full import of its meaning pictures an athlete that has self-discipline because he wants to be the champion. The Greek word is "Engkrateia," meaning to hold oneself in. Take for example, an athlete who’s training to create a new world record, and is under some strict physical fitness training and diet. At some point, he’s really hungry and tempted to eat something outside his current diet plan, but holds himself back! He knows the meal will be detrimental to his physical fitness programme, hence he refuses to eat it. He has exercised self-restraint.

Now, God wants you to have this kind of selfrestraint and discipline in your life, where you’re able to hold yourself in, and refuse to do anything that’s not consistent with the Word of God. He wants you to take charge of your life. You must exercise the ability to hold yourself in, and say "No" when necessary. For example, someone offends you and you’re angry, but you choose instead to let it go and walk on in love. You "held yourself in" from giving the person "a piece of your mind!" You walked with the mind of Christ.

No matter what others do to you; they may spite, revile, or criticize you; hold yourself back from responding in pride, anger or bitterness. In Luke 6:29, Jesus said "And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other...." In other words, hold yourself in; have self-restraint; don’t fight back. Grab yourself from the inside.

Perhaps, as a wife or a husband, a lot has happened in your home and you’re on the verge of losing your cool: hold yourself in! Don’t quit that marriage; be patient and remain loving, with the confident assurance that all things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose.

Confession..
  I have the ability to make the right judgments and choices and I refuse any attitude, habit or lifestyle that is inconsistent with the Gospel. No matter what happens around me, I don’t bow to pressure. Rather, I hold myself in from within.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 9:27; Proverbs 5:23 (GNB); Galatians 5:22-23(GNB)

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Zechariah 12-14 Revelation 20:1-15
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 5:1-11 Ezra 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2013
Gombs:

Sent a request bro

Accepted! grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:20am On Dec 30, 2013
Called To Preserve Lives · Monday, December 30th · 

Pastor Anita

And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance (Genesis 45:7).

Consider the man Joseph, in the Bible: His brothers hated him and wanted to kill him, but later sold him as a slave to a band of travellers, who, in turn, sold him to an Egyptian named Potiphar (Genesis 37). Potiphar observed that God had blessed him because of Joseph, and as a result, he put Joseph in charge of his entire estate.

Things eventually went awry when Potiphar’s wife lied against Joseph, and he was thrown into prison. However, right there in prison, the Lord was with Joseph and blessed him, so that the jailer was pleased with him. He then put Joseph in charge of all the other prisoners and made him the overseer in the prison (Genesis 39:21-22). Meanwhile, Pharoah’s chief butler, and his baker had also been jailed in the same prison where Joseph was incarcerated. On a certain night, they both had two separate dreams that got them troubled. Joseph interpreted both their dreams, but it so happened only the chief butler’s dream had a favourable outcome: he was released within three days and restored to his former position of chief butler, just as Joseph interpreted.

Eventually, Pharaoh himself had a dream and became troubled by it. The butler, at this point, remembered Joseph and mentioned him to Pharaoh. Joseph interpreted Pharaoh’s dreams, and thereafter was made the prime minister of Egypt. Soon, there was famine in Canaan and all the adjoining countries, but because of Joseph, Egypt was spared the agony of a devastating famine.

During the famine, Joseph’s brothers who sold him into slavery came to Egypt to buy food, and Joseph was in charge of all the food in Egypt, but they didn’t recognize him. Read his moving words to his brothers when he eventually made himself known to them: "And Joseph said unto his brethren…I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life" (Genesis 45:4-5).

God has entrusted you with the responsibility of preserving the lives of those in your chariot of life: your schoolmates, colleagues, business associates, neighbours, family members, friends, and loved ones. When they’re facing hard and difficult times, intercede in prayer until there’s a change in their situation. If you work in an organization, pray for its prosperity, for in its prosperity, you’ll also prosper (Jeremiah 29:7).

Prayer..
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege you’ve given me to preserve the lives of those I come in contact with, and affect them positively. I decree that they walk in divine prosperity, deliverance, health, victory, abundance, strength and promotions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.f u r t h e r s t u d y: Obadiah 1:21; Isaiah 42:5-7

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Malachi 1-2 Revelation 21:1-27
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 5:12-23 Ezra 9-10

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Dec 31, 2013
The Future Is Bright! · Tuesday, December 31st

Pastor Chris

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day (Proverbs 4:18).

It’s the last day of the year and we’re so grateful to the Lord for the outpouring of His supernatural favour upon us to achieve so much—far beyond our goals and dreams this year. Now, we look forward to the coming year with faith and joy, confident that greater glory awaits us. Haggai 2:9 says, "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts."

I urge you to look to the coming year with hope, faith, and confident assurance that the glory ahead shall by far outweigh the victories and triumphs of yesterday. Forget the failures, weaknesses, and disappointments you may have experienced in the outgoing year, and set your focus on the present and future glories, successes, victories and triumphs the Lord has set before you.

There’s so much God has in store for you to enjoy in the coming year. Some people allow the regrets of yesterday, and the failures of the past, rob them of their effectiveness, thereby dissipating their faith to apprehend the glorious future God has prepared for them. You have to learn to let go of your past experiences, and have no fear of tomorrow. Refuse to fret or be apprehensive over anything; instead, dream big about the coming year.

Maybe you were already on the verge of giving up on your dreams; God is saying to you today, "Cheer up, the future is bright! I’ve already made the crooked paths straight; therefore you’ll win and be a success in the coming year."

See yourself making progress with giant strides in 2014. Receive the Word for the year. You can participate live in our December 31st New Year’s Eve Service in your Church or online at www.christembassy.org or via major satellite and terrestrial TV stations around the world.

Prayer..
Dear heavenly Father, my joy is boundless today, knowing that it’s your delight to guide and lead me in the path of victory and success, in the coming year, and always. By your Spirit, I’ll never walk in darkness, confusion or uncertainty because you’re my light; you’re teaching and guiding me in the way that I should go, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 16:6;1 Corinthians 2:9-10; Isaiah 43:18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Malachi 3-4 Revelation 22:1-21
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 5:24-32 Nehemiah 1-2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Jan 01, 2014
No Limits · Wednesday, January 1st · 

Pastor Chris

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men… (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV).

One of your major determinations this year should be to achieve all that God has set in your heart to achieve, leaving nothing out. He has set eternity in your heart, meaning that there’s no limit to the extent of your faith; that is, how far your faith can go and how much you can accomplish.The Lord said to Abraham in Genesis 13:14-15 "... Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever."

How was Abraham supposed to view the entire expanse of land and seas from where he stood? Was he to stand up, march around the whole world to take possesion of it?" No! Abraham was the father of faith; he understood the faith principle of seeing with the eyes of the spirit. Hence, he projected himself in faith; with his spirit, he saw the whole world. According to the Scriptures, God gave the world to Abraham by promise.

There’re no limits to what your faith can accomplish. The question is, "What can you see?" In 2 Kings 2, when Elisha said to Elijah, "…let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me." Notice Elijah’s response: "Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so" (2 Kings 2:10). We see, we speak, and we receive. As far as the other prophets were concerned, Elijah simply vanished. However, Elisha, by the eyes of the spirit, saw a chariot of fire pick up Elijah into heaven. That was how he was promoted and became the head amongst the prophets.

You have an extraordinary capacity to contemplate, think, envision and see endless possibilities. There’re things you might have desired and prayed about; take a hold of them with your spirit and they’ll be yours!

Prayer ..

Dear Father, I thank you for setting eternity in my heart, such that there’s no limit to what I can envision. Thank you for lavishly granting me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you; the eyes of my understanding being enlightened, to know the hope of your calling and the glory of your inheritance in the saints, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Joel 2:28; 1 Corinthians 2:11

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 1 Genesis 1-2
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 5:33-42 Nehemiah 3

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:20am On Jan 01, 2014
Halleluyah!!! No limits to ma greatness dis year, HNY
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2014
Oyinprince: Halleluyah!!! No limits to ma greatness dis year, HNY

# Glooooooooooooooooray
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:53am On Jan 02, 2014
Gombs:

# Glooooooooooooooooray

Greatness is written all over us this year brother @Gombs and @Oyinprince! Peace is our officer and righteousness our task masters. All that we required for life, for godliness and greatness is attracted to us automatically in Jesus' Name! Happy New Year my dear brothers!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Jan 02, 2014
Separate The Truth From Facts · Thursday, January 2nd · 

Pastor Chris

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart (Psalm 15:1-2).

In John 8:32 the Lord Jesus said, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The truth He’s talking about here is the truth in God’s realm, which is different from fact. There are facts and there are truths. Truth is reality, but not all facts are true.

A fact may be the truth, but it may not be all-time truth. For example, medical examination may show that a Christian has a tumour or an infection in his body; that diagnosis by the doctor is a fact, and not the truth. What then is the truth in this context? The truth is the revealed Word of God concerning your health as a Christian. The growth may be there, but the Word of God, which is the TRUTH and the reality, says you’re perfected in Christ (1 Peter 2:24). Take your eyes away from physical facts and fix your attention on the reality of God’s Word, which confirms your divine health. That’s what faith does: it changes facts by refusing to give them attention, consideration or cognizance.

Mark the words of the Master: He didn’t say, "You shall know the facts, and the facts shall make you free"; He said "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The truth of God’s Word is what delivers you from the "facts" of life. Therefore, you’re to reckon with, and speak only, "the truth," that is, God’s Word: "…thy word is truth" (John 17:17).

Our opening verse talks about speaking the truth in your heart; how do you speak the truth in your heart? It begins with thinking the truth in your heart. If you don’t think the truth in your heart you’ll not speak the truth. The truth is what God has said about you in His Word. That’s all that should count in your life; that’s all that should dominate your thought and speech. For example, if someone tells you, "You’re not so smart; there’s nothing special about you"; you’re to immediately refute it and tell yourself on the inside, "I know who I am. I’m God’s peculiar treasure, sound, super-intelligent, and excellent!"

Prayer..
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, the truth by which I live today and every day. Your Word has given me light and understanding, and has strengthened my faith to lay a hold of all that you’ve given to me in Christ Jesus. I’m living triumphantly, making my way prosperous, as I live in, and by, your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 4:14-15; Joshua 1:8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 2 Genesis 3-5
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 6:1-8 Nehemiah 4-5

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:09am On Jan 03, 2014
Welcome to a beautiful day, full of greatness
in everything.

More from the message for 2014 by
Pastor:

Ref: Joshua 3:7

God said to Joshua I will begin to magnify you

God said He will do it Himself

There are those who will look at you and
think you will not amount to anything

think that you don’t have the advantage

There are those who look at you, they will
size you and think you cannot become
anything,

BROTHER, SISTER, IT IS YOUR YEAR OF
GREATNESS

IT IS YOUR YEAR OF GREATNESS, NO ONE
CAN STOP IT

THE LORD WILL BEGIN TO MAGNIFY YOU
FROM GLORY TO GLORY, FROM GLORY TO
GLORY

THROUGHOUT 2014 YOU WILL GO FROM
GLORY TO GLORY

HE WILL BEGIN TO MAGNIFY YOU

HALLELUIA

Enjoy your day!

grin grin

NOTE: Culled from Pastor Ruth Musarurwa's Blog Post on Yookos!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:01am On Jan 03, 2014
Kenny4lyfe: Welcome to a beautiful day, full of greatness
in everything.

More from the message for 2014 by
Pastor:

Ref: Joshua 3:7

God said to Joshua I will begin to magnify you

God said He will do it Himself

think you will not amount to anything

think that you don’t have the advantage

There are those who look at you, they will
size you and think you cannot become
anything,

BROTHER, SISTER, IT IS YOUR YEAR OF
GREATNESS

IT IS YOUR YEAR OF GREATNESS, NO ONE
CAN STOP IT

THE LORD WILL BEGIN TO MAGNIFY YOU
FROM GLORY TO GLORY, FROM GLORY TO
GLORY

THROUGHOUT 2014 YOU WILL GO FROM
GLORY TO GLORY

HE WILL BEGIN TO MAGNIFY YOU

HALLELUIA

Enjoy your day!

grin grin

NOTE: Culled from Pastor Ruth Musarurwa's Blog Post on Yookos!

Wow! I have the whole thing pastor Chris said...in written form, word for word... # Glooooooooooooooooray
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Living In His Perfect Will · Friday, January 3rd · 

Pastor Anita

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God (Hebrews 10:7)..

God loves to help you achieve your dreams, but much better is when you live out His dreams for you. He has a bigger and better dream for you than you could ever have for yourself. Therefore, in setting your goals for the year, the smart thing to do is to be sure those goals are within the ambits of His desires. Your goal, at all times, should be to fulfil His perfect will.

To live in God’s dream for your life is the best place to be. That way, you’re victorious irrespective of the crises, stresses and struggles you encounter, because you’re in the centre of His perfect will. Everything you require is available to you in Him. The Lord Jesus said in Luke 12:32 "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

Living in His perfect will requires intimacy with the Holy Spirit. You’d have to recognize and yield yourself to Him, giving Him the right of way in your life. Maybe, right now, you’re in a situation where you’re not sure whether or not you’re living in God’s plan for your life, and as a result, you’re wondering "How do I come out? How do I change things and get back into God’s perfect will?"

First, recognize that He’s big enough to change things for you. Secondly, decide to let the Holy Spirit gain dominion and mastery in your life: let Him take over! He’ll guide you to be in God’s place, in God’s time, for God’s purpose, in God’s way. He’s the One that reveals to your spirit the things God wants you to do, and how He wants you to do them. Living within the ambits of His desires will bring unprecedented joy and fulfilment into your life.

Never try to be someone else; take pleasure in your uniqueness, and be what God wants you to be.

Prayer..
  Dear Father, I thank you for the light of your Word, by which I’ve discovered your will and walk in your plans for my life. I yield completely to the Lordship and tutelage of the Holy Spirit, who guides me in your perfect will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 12:2; Colossians 4:17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 3 Genesis 6-8
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 6:9-15 Nehemiah 6

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Lordlexyy: 12:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Gombs:

Wow! I have the whole thing pastor Chris said...in written form, word for word... # Glooooooooooooooooray
Thanks Gombs and a glorious new year. I was wondering if it will be convenient for you to post those messages of the 31st night in its writen format? Thanks.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:08am On Jan 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: Thanks Gombs and a glorious new year. I was wondering if it will be convenient for you to post those messages of the 31st night in its writen format? Thanks.

[size=16pt] 1.0 INTRODUCTION & WORSHIP [/size]

Praise The Lord Pastor starts singing
"How great thou art."

VERSE 01
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed. 

CHORUS
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

VERSE 02
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

CHORUS

VERSE 03
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin. 

CHORUS

VERSE 04
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!" 

CHORUS

[size=16pt] 2.0 THANKSGIVING SEGMENT [/size]

Hallelujah, at this time, I would like the pastor to join me in a special Thanksgiving segment. This is a very special, I like to do a special thanksgiving service on the 31st of Decemeber like this,I like to give a special offering to God at this time. Join me tonight and take that special seed. 

Then Pastor starts singing as the pastors join him on the altar

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
In the city of our God,In the mountain of His holiness.
Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth,
Is Mount Zion, on the sides of the north,
The city of the great King.
Is Mount Zion, on the sides of the north,
The city of the great King

Praise The Lord. Those of you who would also like to give your special seed, please give the time of offering, we will let you know how to do it even if you might be watching from home.

[size=16pt] 2.1 PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING [/size]

Father, in the name of The Lord Jesus.We thank you for your love, for your kindness.
We thank you for the year 2013, it was a year of Favour like you said.
It was Favour from every side . Thank you for the opportunity to minister and preach the gospel for you.
Thank you for the honourJust to use your name. Thy is the kingdom, the power and the glory.
We are only giving from what you gave us. This is our expression to you, our token of appreciation.
Thank you for lifting our visions, for giving us purpose. Thank you for giving us courage.
Thank you father for it was a great year, in the name of Jesus, and everybody says Amen. 

Pastor starts singing: He is the king of kingsHe is The Lord of lordsHis name is Jesus Jesus Jesus

[size=16pt] 3.0 RHAPSDOY OF REALITIES 2013 IMPACT [/size]

Hallelujah.I just want to show you a video clip, we just want to show you the impact that we made in this year just from one section of the ministry. Lets pick a part from our messenger angel, by the way, have you noticed that the angel is the messenger? The rhapsody of realities is now the number 1 daily devotional. We thank God for giving us this oopportunity to do this. This year we have achieved our goal; of reaching every nation of the world with Rhapsody of Realities. May all the nations and families be blessed through us, the seed of Abraham. I would like to thank all our pastors coordinators, translators all around the world. Thank you for working with the rhapsody of Realities. When you listen the testimonies, tears just come running down. Looking at the impact it has been on the pastors, students, prisoners etc. Thank you all for making that possible. Now I want to call for a special number by Evangelist Kathy and Chris Shalom (the man with a golden voice). 

[size=16pt]4.0 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT [/size]

We have the international music concert available on a DVD. It's also available of Pastor Chris online Ditigal app.You have to understand that Where we are now is the biggest stage available at this moment, we are connected to the whole world for this point. So any ministration here is beamed all round the world. 

[size=16pt]5.0 PRAYER SESSION IN PREPARATION TO 2014[/size]

Wherever you are, get in prayer, we are about to move into another year,so I want you to take this time to pray. Pastor asks the whole congregation including the people connected from all over around the world to engage in prayer as their prepare to enter into the new year, 2014.

Thank you father for the year 2013 and all the blessings that we received. Thank you for bringing us into a new year. WELCOME TO 2014, HAPPY NEW YEAR. Welcome someone to this new year.Glory to God. 

[size=16pt] 6.0 FUTURE AFRICA AWARD [/size]

Praise The Lord.It's a very special year, 2014 is Avery special year. Iam going to be sharing with you in a few minutes what the message of the year is and the direction he wants us to go.

As we are getting ready for that, I want to talk about one area we need to focus on in Africa. Mind you, I am not saying nothing has been done, we just have to put our minds to the future of Africa. It's important for me to guide our thinking. To direct us which way to go. The future of Africa is important not only to Afirca but for the whole world. You cannot be thinking of Africa without thinking of children and young people.

Tonight I want to call for the most inspiring leadership in Africa; whether it be in politics/ business.We have to create anew qualitative curriculum that can lead people to become successful.we need our children to really learn in such a way that they don't just graduate to work under a small room. A man must clean up his environment otherwise he will be affected by his environment.  You are not successful until your environment (city, nation) is successfulIt cannot be you alone, it must be you and us. That is true success. We must help build a better society.  Not only are provide clean water, transportation etc. we are training leaders all the time, so that they can help the communities and strengthen the societies.

This 2014 I am asking you to give your time, energy to this project. You must train and equip our youths. We have establish FUTURE AFRICA AWARDS for young people. Through which we can recognize and acknowledge what they are doing. They will receive the awards and also some financial assistance ranging from 5000- 25 000USD. Including where necessary an opportunity for a scholarship. 

***FUTURE AFRICA AWARDS presented by Pastor TT Edun. *** afterwards, pastor Chris continues

2014 we want to see more young people challenging to do BIG things. That will be a plus for Africa.

Can we have Jardel to minister to us with a song. We have so much talented people that God has blessed us with. ****Pastor start speaking in tongues.***

Did you hear that one?Thus saith The Lord.
My hand is mighty upon you, no evil shall befall you.
I lead you the way that you should go.your path was created wlong ago.
You were born so tht you should walk in it. Have confident in The Lord.
Trust in my light, trust in my spirit, trust in my glory. Leadership is service. 

[size=16pt]7.0 PREPARATION FOR THE MESSAGE OF THE YEAR. [/size]

At this moment I just want you to open your mouth and praise God, worship him, adore him, open your mouth and pray as you prepare to receive the message of the year. Hallelujah.

[size=16pt] 8.0 FROM A LITTLE ONE TO A 1000 [/size]  

Only a few weeks ago in the month of Novemmber The Lord spoke to us and said, this chapter will characterize your life, your ministry this year. So I want to read to you this very portion tht we are at. 

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people:
but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. (Isaiah 60:1, 2 KJV)

There may be gross darkness in the world but you shall still shine, so don't be moved. 
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee:
Tthy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged;
Because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come:
they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the Lord.
All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee:
They shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory. (Isaiah 60:3-7 KJV) 

These resent different nations. Different people will come to you from all different directions,
 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far,
their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God,
and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee:
for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night;
that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.
For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.
The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together,
to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee;
and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee,
The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated,
so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings:
and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron:
I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders;
but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee:
but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself:
for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting,
the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation:
I the Lord will hasten it in his time. (Isaiah 60:8-22 KJV) Shout Amen. Glory to God.

Follow this, this is wonderful. Notice the last part of it. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation:
I the Lord will hasten it in his time. Don't forget it.This is what The Lord said to me

When we talk about Jesus we are not allying about Religion, it's not just some story, where ever you might be tonight, if you haven't received yet, then receive him tonight, make up your mind. Christianity is the very life of God in us. If you receive Jesus into your heart, you will receive tht life. No amount of good deeds or meditation will give you this life. The only way is Jesus. When I make that call tonight, make that choice to receive him. Otherwise this message won't make sense. 

[size=16pt] 9.0 THE LORD SHALL MAGNIFY YOU[/size]

And Joshua rose early in the morning; and they removed from Shittim, and came to Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they passed over. And it came to pass after three days, that the officers went through the host; And they commanded the people, saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it. Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore. And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the Lord will do wonders among you. And Joshua spake unto the priests, saying, Take up the ark of the covenant, and pass over before the people. And they took up the ark of the covenant, and went before the people. And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. (Joshua 3:1-7 KJV) 

And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. (Joshua 3:7 KJV) This is what The Lord is saying to us.

And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. (Joshua 3:7 KJV) [size=16pt] This day begins this year, this day, this week, this month, the lord will begin to magnify you before the sight of others, and they will begin to wander. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (1 Peter 2:9 KJV) 2014, God has said, it is THE YEAR OF GREATNESS. [/size]

The Lord will magnify you. He will make you a wonder to your generation. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4 KJV) Please observe something here. And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. (Joshua 3:7 KJV) 

Who told Joshua? Was it man or God? Did he say you will be great if people like you?Did he say you will be great if people try to help you?Man might despise you, but it is God who will make you great, and it is so.God said, this day I (God Himslef) will magnify you. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble. (Proverbs 4:18, 19 KJV)

Just and wicked are two important words you find in the bible.The just are the ones God gave them justification. Your life's journey is as a shining light that shines brighter and brighter and brighter and brighter... This year can only be better than last year for you. The word wicked is used to describe the man who ignores God. Right now, if you haven't been born again, if you have not yet received Jesus Christ, I want you to have this oppritnity so that I can lead you to salvation. It's your moment, it doesn't matter where you are, I want you pray after me. This year, speak in tongues like never before.

[size=16pt] 10.0 I PRAY FOR YOU [/size]

It is your year of Greatness, The Lord will begin to magnify you in all areas. I pray for your family and all those who are connected to you. If you are student, I pray for you succes in your academics. I pray that God will inspire you and increase you with ideas. I pray for your health that you walk in health.i pray for your finances, I pray that miracles will happen. There will be a multiplication even I your even in business. I pray for the children who are represented right now. I specially pray for your country I pray for peace in your country. I pray for the blessing of God and the leadership for you country. I pray that you have leaders that God has chosen, leaders for your good not destruction. 

[size=16pt] 11.0 ANNOUNCEMENT - [/size]

Make sure you don't miss our first communion service this year and every other holy communion service. It's very important. -the international Easter youth Camp will happen in Easter. I encourage you to sponsor at least one youth.- I want you to send your name and the names of your family members. Send them to prayer@pastorchrisonline.org- I don't send emails or text messages to people asking for money. Just know that is fraud, pleasebe careful - I don't use Facebook to post anything to you. Those accounts are fake, if you want to foollow the messages that we send out to you, use Yookos. 

Lets stand up and sing the BLW anthem.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Different Levels Of Truth · Saturday, January 4th ·

Pastor Chris

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also (Genesis 1:16).

We read in our opening verse that God made two great lights, the "greater light" to rule the day and the "lesser light" to rule the night. "Light," in the Scriptures, symbolizes "truth." Just as there’re different kinds of light, there’re also different kinds of truths revealed to us in Scriptures, and they don’t rank equally; there’re lesser truths and greater truths.

For example, when we say, "God is going to heal you today." As much as that’s a truth, it’s a lesser truth. It’s wonderful to know that no matter the ailment, you can receive healing, but God’s best for you is divine health. As you mature in the things of the Spirit, you move from asking for healing to living in divine health.

Deliverance is also a great truth, but living in divine protection is a greater truth. All through the ministry of Jesus, He never needed to be "set free" or "delivered" from the devil or any trouble. There’s something greater and better than deliverance: it’s living above and victorious always. Put the Word to work in your life, for the Word is the true light (John 1:9, 17:17). Measure your life’s experiences with the greater truths of God’s Word. It’s your responsibility to appropriate that which has already been consummated for you in Christ Jesus, and live the higher life to which you’ve been called.

Confession..
I’m perfected in Christ through the enlightenment and understanding granted me by the Spirit to know and live by the greater truths of God’s Word. I’m confident that I’ll consistently make progress and walk in victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 5:13; Ephesians 4:14; Acts 17:30

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 4 Genesis 9-11
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 7:1-11 Nehemiah 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Lordlexyy: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2014
Wow, thanks Gombs for the download of the 31st event, i'm most bless. Gloooooooory glooooooooooory.

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Sharers Of His Life · Sunday, January 5th · 

Pastor Chris

The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread (1 Corinthians 10:16-17).

The statement in the sixteenth verse of our opening text isn’t in effect a question, but the Apostle Paul’s peculiar style of communicating the subject, because the answer is obvious. First, it says, "The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ?" Emphatically yes; it’s the communion of the blood of Christ. Secondly, "The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?" Yes it is! This means when we partake of that cup, we’re partaking of His blood, and His blood represents His life. We’re therefore sharers of His life.

Jesus brought us into a kingdom of life. He said in John 14:6, "…I am the way, the truth, and the life…." In His benevolence, He didn’t just make us partakers of His life, but also the dispensers of that life: we bring others into this life through the Gospel! We live, exude and distribute the God-life, because we have it to the full (John 10:10). For us, sickness, failure, and all other forms of negativities have no place in us because we’re comrades of the God-kind.

Let these thoughts fill your mind as you partake of the Holy Communion. Jesus said to do this in remembrance of Him; when we take the Holy Communion, we celebrate His life in us and remind ourselves of who we are in Him, and the glorious benefits and blessings of His vicarious death on our behalf. He died that we might live, and now we’re alive to God—and He’s alive in us.

When you face challenges or difficult situations and decide to break bread, it’s a bold confession of victory! You’re saying, "Everything is going to be all right, because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." Christ has given you the dominion and the advantage in life; He has put you in the place of victory and nothing can take you out of it. Think on these things when you take the Holy Communion.

Prayer...

Dear Father, I thank you for the body of Christ that was broken for me, and for His blood that was shed for my justification, health, and victory. I rejoice today in His resurrection that has brought me life. As He is, so am I in this world! Halleluiah.f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 10:10; 2 Peter 1:4; 1 John 5:11-12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 5:1-20 Genesis 12-14
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 7:12-21 Nehemiah 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2014
Improve Your Word-bank! · Monday, January 6th · 

Pastor Anita

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart; for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22).

Your greatest desire should be to know God more, through His Word, for that’s where the glory is. With God’s Word, you can be anything and everything you want to be, have anything you desire to have, and be able to do anything you set your heart to achieve. Be passionate about the Word; constantly inundate your spirit with the knowledge of God’s Word.

When the Word dwells richly in your spirit, it’ll be evident in your life; you’ll speak the Word and not fear, lack, weakness, sickness or failure. Your profiting through the Word, will be evident to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

God’s Word is what you need to build your life, to teach, reprove, correct, and instruct you in the God-life. Get the right materials that’ll help you grow spiritually. Digest them into your spirit. Constant meditation on the Word will cause faith to rise in your spirit and give you the mind-set of a victor.

Sometimes, as you speak forth God’s Word, you may literally feel success, victory, and dominion welling up in your spirit. That’s because they are inherent in your spirit. As you speak forth God’s Word, you ascend to the realm of glory; the realm of endless possibilities. Suddenly, you discover that truly, you’ve overcome all things; the whole world becomes small to you. Keep talking the Word, and the glory of God will keep rising in your spirit, because the glory is in the Word.

You can only live to your best potentials through your knowledge and application of the Word of God. You’d record successes and victories, and have absolute mastery in life if you consciously take the time to improve your Word-bank by studying and meditating on the Word.

Confession...
The Word of God is my life, and I’m experiencing increased glory as I speak the Word over my life today! I declare that I’m growing in the knowledge of God’s Word, and the revelation of His love, and my life is the testimony of His grace and goodness! I experience peace, progress, increase, success, and prosperity today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: James 1:22-25; Joshua 1:8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 5:21-48 Genesis 15-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 7:22-32 Nehemiah 10

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Jan 07, 2014
Spiritual Maturity In Christ · Tuesday, January 7th · 

Pastor Chris

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

The Lord spoke in prophecy through the prophet Ezekiel about this extraordinary blessing for the new creation, long before Jesus came to die for us and give us eternal life. He said, "…I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

It brings to mind what the Spirit of God said through the Apostle Paul in Romans 8:14, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." This refers to the "huios" (Greek) of God, the matured sons of God—those who have come to spiritual manhood. In them, the Word of the Lord is fulfilled: God has put His Spirit within them, and will cause them to walk in His statutes, and they shall keep His judgments and do them. The babe in Christ, that is, the spiritually immature, doesn’t know the "judgments" of God.

The "judgments" of God refer to His thinking, His mind concerning people, things or events. There’re certain things in life that you may not readily find scriptures to connect them with in order to ascertain God’s position on such subjects. However, through the Holy Spirit, you’re able to understand and interpret the mind of God on such issues and establish His righteousness.

Hebrews 5:14 says, "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." The "strong meat" of God’s Word belongs to those who, through the leading and training of the Spirit, have exercised their spiritual senses to discern and walk in the perfect will of God. Your desire should be to glorify Christ in all things, as you establish His righteousness on earth, and fulfil His perfect will for your life. This is spiritual maturity in Christ.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for instructing, directing, training and preparing me to be a custodian of the powers of the age to come, and for a life of victory and dominion over the elements of this world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:19; Galatians 4:1-2

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 6:1-18 Genesis 18-19
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 7:33-42 Nehemiah 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Jan 08, 2014
The Greatest Experience · Wednesday, January 8th · 

Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you… (Acts 1:8 ).

The greatest experience anyone could ever have is the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Nothing in the world compares to the Holy Spirit taking up His abode in you, making your body His living tabernacle—twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks of the year, three hundred and sixty-five days in a year, and three hundred and sixty-six days on leap year!

In John 14:23, Jesus said, "…If a man loves me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." This blessing is for the one who loves the Lord and keeps His Word; Jesus and the Father will set up their headquarters in him! How? It’s by the Holy Spirit. That’s when you experience His glorious manifestations and operations in your life.

Having received the Holy Spirit, you carry the Kingdom in you; when you arrive in a place, the Kingdom of God arrives in you! You’ve become the carrier, as well as a dispenser, of eternal verities. What a life! Prayer, for you, isn’t a religious monologue, but a time of fellowship in the communion of the God-kind. When you pray, even your body responds; currents of divine power surge through your being! Until you received the Holy Spirit, that never happened! O, when the Holy Spirit fills your life!

Recall what happened to the Apostles on the day of Pentecost: the Bible says "…they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting" (Acts 2:1-2). Afterwards, they became Spirit-controlled men and women, preaching the Gospel with power, miracles, signs and wonders.

Honour the Holy Spirit and appreciate His presence and ministry in your life; He’s the One who gives you the power to live for the Master. Your offerings and service to God are not even acceptable to Him except they are presented through the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:16; Hebrews 9:4).

Confession...
The Holy Spirit lives in me; in Him I live, move and have my being! I’m a God-carrying vessel, filled with the maximum load of God! Therefore, I’m unconquerable and indomitable, because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Blessed be God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 5:18-19; 1 Corinthians 3:16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 6:19-7:1-6 Genesis 20-22
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 7:43-53 Nehemiah 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Jan 09, 2014
Let His Love Compel You · Thursday, January 9th · 

Pastor Anita

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead (2 Corinthians 5:14).

It’s important that the love of God is the compelling force in your life. This is because at the end of all things, the only thing that’ll count is your love for the Master, and how that love was expressed through you.

1 John 4:8 says, "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." The essence of the Christ-life is His love demonstrated through you. The proof of your love for the Lord is keeping His Word. The Lord Jesus said in John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Never find yourself arguing with the Word or trying to reason it out in your head. When the Word comes to you, let it compel you to take the right and necessary steps; let it convince you to act. Many sing, "I’m not moved by what I see; I’m only moved by the Word of God"; however, to be moved by the Word is to be compelled by His love.

The Apostle Paul, in our opening verse, clearly reveals the great motivational force behind his overwhelming passion for the Gospel; it was the love of Christ! He was constrained by that love to preach the Gospel, and do all he did to propagate it in his day. I’m compelled by the same love of Christ; what about you?

Refuse to be compelled by circumstances or by your personal desires in all that you do; be compelled only by His love. Think and do things the love-way, which is, the Word-way. Remember, the Lord will reward you for that which His love compelled you to do.

Prayer..

Dear heavenly Father, my eyes are set on you and your Word alone. As I meditate on your goodness, grace, and wisdom today, my heart is completely overwhelmed by your divine love, which compels and inspires all my actions and dealings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 5:5; 1 John 5:3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 7:7-29 Genesis 23-24
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 7:54-60 Nehemiah 13

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:44am On Jan 09, 2014
[b]Dear Bro Gombs, great things have been reaching my hears about you from Zion City! An angel of mine spoke with one of yours yesterday and your angel said;

"our oga is waxing strong on every side, keeping the devil and his cohorts in the gutter where they belong. In fact, we have never been this busy before. All our oga have to do is think of something and we spring into action for him. We don't even wait for to speak, we spring into action once his (@gomb's) spirit calls for a need and believe me when I say; our oga's vault/store house/bank account in heaven is filled up with several overflow. We have even sent a letter of reinforcement to the heavenly hosts because the need now arise for an increase in more angels for our oga. Oga needs at least 1 Quadrillion more angels for now. See eh... if I say make I continue dey chat with you, I'll be late on the delivery of my assignment for the day. We'll see later eh! Great oga @Kenny4lyfe for me! Tell him oga @gombs said that both of them will see on February 6, 2014 in Benin during the upcoming Higher Life Comferrence! Bye Bye!"

Your angel, @Gombs sir, then took of into the heavens!
God bless you richly for your labour of love is blessing millions around the world!
I'll chat you in the evening!
Off to work! [/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.