Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (251145 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:52am On Dec 08, 2013
Take Personal Responsibility For The Gospel · Sunday, December 8th ·

Pastor Chris

Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand (Ezekiel 3:17-18).

The verses above emphasize your responsibility to evangelize your world and win the lost to Christ. God has made you a "watchman" over the sinners—the unconverted in your world. You’re God’s watchman to your world because you’re the one to whom the Gospel has been entrusted (1 Timothy 1:11).

The Apostle Paul proved his personal commitment to the Gospel. In his address to the elders of the church at Ephesus, when he was to leave and go into Jerusalem, he made a very remarkable and inspiring statement. He said, "…I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house… Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men" (Acts 20:20-21; 26).

Paul was bold to declare that he was free from the blood of all men; not all men in the world, but those in his world, because not all men in the world were committed to him. Those that were committed to him were all the people he could reach, address, or meet wherever God sent him. The same applies to you; your world is your sphere of contact: those in the environment where you function; those you meet, interact and relate with.

Are you "pure from the blood of all men" in your world? To be pure from the blood of all men, you must take personal responsibility for the Gospel and preach it as though without you, no sinner in the world would ever hear about Jesus. This is mandatory for you as a Christian!

Prayer  

Dear Father, the Gospel of your grace is like fire shut up in my bones, and I ask that you guide me by the Holy Spirit, to as many as you’ve ordained to receive salvation and blessings through me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 4:34; Jeremiah 20:9

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 1:1-20 Ezekiel 27-28

2 Year Reading Plan : John 18:28-40 2 Chronicles 17-18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by sammybrainy(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks a lot for your effort, it has really been helpful. Please don't relent.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2013
Thank You bro!

I will never relent

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2013
Jesus Manifested The God-Life · Monday, December 9th ·

Pastor Anita

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:12-13).

In John 10:10, the Lord Jesus informed His hearers of what He came to accomplish. He said, "…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." He brought us eternal life. What is eternal life? Eternal life is the Godlife! It’s the nature of God.

Everyone that’s born into this world is born with the human life, but the new creation is recreated in God’s class. The Lord Jesus made it clear that to have the God-life—this supernatural life of glory—you must be born again: "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Your right to God’s Kingdom and guarantee of eternal life is to be born again: to be born of the Word, through the agency of the Spirit. Romans 10:9 tells us "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." That’s how simple it is to be born again, and have the God-life imparted to your spirit. Religion teaches that you’ll get that life when you get to heaven, but the Word says, "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:12).

The Lord Jesus is the totality and embodiment of the God-life; "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself" (John 5:26). John 1:4 says, "In him was life; and the life was the light of men." There’s no life or light anywhere else outside of Jesus. To be in Christ, therefore, is to be fully inundated with His divine life. That means you’ve been eternally separated from darkness and death unto the life of eternal victory, in righteousness and ever-increasing splendour.

Confession  

I have the life and nature of God; therefore, I live in dominion over sin, Satan and death! Christ is my life; divinity is at work in every fibre of my being! Halleluiah!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 5:11-12; John 6:47

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 2:1-17, Ezekiel 29-30

2 Year Reading Plan : John 19:1-12, 2 Chronicles 19-20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Dec 10, 2013
Christ Our Life · Tuesday, December 10th ·

Pastor Chris

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory (Colossians 3:4).

I often wonder what some people see when they read this verse. Did you notice it says Christ is our life? The Apostle Paul didn’t say, "When Christ, who is going to be our life, shall appear." Rather, he said, "When Christ, who is our life…." Christ is our life now. What does this mean?

Christ is the express image of the invisible God; the Word of God made flesh. Colossians 2:9 says, "For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." Think about this: the one who contains the fullness of the Godhead—the totality of divinity—lives in you now, and is the life in you. If this is true, and it is true, how will affliction or infirmity thrive in your body? Christ being your life means you’re an indestructible and impregnable fortress.

You received His superior and incorruptible life the moment you were born again. The Bible says, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Peter 1:23). Your life is from the Word of God, which lives forever; life that can’t be contaminated or terminated by sickness, disease or death! This should inspire enthusiasm, courage, faith, and boldness in you.

John the apostle wrote, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God…" (1 John 3:2); this reiterates that you have His life. You’re an associate of the God-kind, living, not by blood, but by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Arm yourself with this knowledge; meditate on it, and it’s sure to destroy sickness, disease and infirmity from your body.

Confession  

I function by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus; living in the victories and triumphs of Christ! I’m superior to Satan, and I’ve overcome the world; because the Greater One lives in me.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 1:26-27; 1 John 5:13

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 2:18-3:1-6, Ezekiel 31-32

2 Year Reading Plan : John 19:13-22, 2 Chronicles 21-22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Lordlexyy: 10:34am On Dec 10, 2013
Thanks Gombs for your relentless effort in making the messanger angel a reality in our lives. God bless you richly. Amen. Today, i would rather say that, i have been lifted. For the law of the Spirit in Christ Jesus does not recognise sicknesses, diseases, infirmities, poverty, lack or want. This is a master piece. Quite a revelation, quite a rhema. In order word, a Christian has no business striving to live well, for the law of the Spirit in Christ has permitted us to live a glorious, undefeated life in Christ Jesus. Glory!!!

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Exactly... You got it very rightly

Now, go light up your world.

#Glooooray
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Dec 11, 2013
He’s Our Sanctification · Wednesday, December 11th

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

The Greek word translated "sanctification" in our opening verse could also mean "the sanctifier." Christ, the sanctifier, has come to live in us! He’s not in us trying to sanctify us; He has already sanctified us. He’s our "separator"; He sets us apart and sanctifies everything we do. He has separated us from the rest of the world, to Himself, and from sin and evil unto righteousness. We’re the distinguished ones; the chosen of God unto His glory and created for His pleasure. Psalm 4:3 says, "But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him."

Another beautiful thing is, now that Christ the sanctifier lives in you, you’ve become one with Him: "For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren" (Hebrews 2:11). He has thus made you a sanctifier; meaning that you can sanctify everything that has to do with you: your money, food…anything at all—by speaking words that cleanse.

In 1 Timothy 4:4-5, Paul said, "For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer." This is in sync with what the Lord Jesus said in John 15:3: "...ye are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you." We’re the ones bearing His wonderful, precious, and cleansing words today. When you preach or teach the Word, people are cleansed and purified; grace, love, and the goodness of God are ministered to the hearers.

Let this be your cogitation and contemplation; before long, everyone around you will know you’re different, and testify that you’re indeed the King’s representative.

Confession  

I’m special; set apart by the Lord for His divine use; and I’m bringing Him glory every day! My life is a testimony of His grace, love, power, greatness, and righteousness! I’m a peculiar treasure unto the Lord! Halleluiah.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 17:17; 2 Thessalonians 2:13

Daily Scripture Reading..

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 3:7-22, Ezekiel 33-34

2 Year Reading Plan : John 19:23-37, 2 Chronicles 23-24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Dec 12, 2013
One Of A Kind · Thursday, December 12th ·

Pastor Anita

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9).

Being born again, you’re one of a kind; you’re the carrier of eternal life, the indestructible life of God! You have a special purpose on earth, to set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light. This is what 1 Peter 2:9 above communicates. You’re a special breed; superior to Satan, sickness and infirmities, and not subject to failure or limitations.

Someone might be angry at you and say, "Who do you think you are, acting like you’re so special?" Square up and say, "I’m not acting like I’m special; I’m special and I know it."

God made you, not so you’ll be defeated or be a "nobody" in life, but that you’ll be the reflector of His glory—His beauty, grace, and excellence. You’re His best. James 1:18 says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."

Take pleasure in your uniqueness, for no one else in the world is like you. You must therefore bless the world with all the treasures the Lord has deposited in you; be the best of you to His glory.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for making me an associate of the God-kind; a special and unique breed, not subject to sickness, disease, and death. I live in victory; conscious that I’m called to show forth your wonderful deeds and display your virtues and perfections, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Deuteronomy 14:2; Titus 2:14

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 4:1-11, Ezekiel 35-36

2 Year Reading Plan : John 19:38-42, 2 Chronicles 25

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2013
Relax; Jesus Is In Your Boat! · Friday, December 13th ·

Pastor Chris

And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm (Matthew 8:24-26).

Our opening text is an interesting account of an experience the Lord Jesus had with His disciples, whom He reprimanded for having little faith. He expected them to be unruffled since He was in the boat with them; by reason of His presence, no storm, however fierce, could sink the boat. However, the disciples didn’t realize this, and were overwhelmed with fear.

It brings to mind the experience of the Apostle Paul, and those who sailed with him in Acts 27. Paul was under arrest and was being taken to Rome as a prisoner. As they sailed, the journey got dangerous, and while his co-travellers were terrified that they might lose their lives, Paul spoke up and reassured them of their safety. He said, "…I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man’s life among you, but of the ship" (Acts 27:22). What a statement!

Paul talked very boldly because an angel of the Lord had appeared to him saying, "...Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee" (Acts 27:24). Paul knew who was sailing in the ship with him—the Lord Himself—and so, unafraid, he strengthened the others with the Word, saying, "Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God that it shall be even as it was told me" (Acts 27:25). Eventually, they all came out of the looming danger unscathed.

The one who’s born again never "sails" alone; Christ is in your boat, and that means peace, safety, security, deliverance, and protection! You can therefore relax and be anxious for nothing, as you enjoy a smooth cruise in your journey of faith.

Prayer..  

Dear Father, I thank you for perfecting all that concerns me, and giving me a life of victory through the Word. My life is for your glory and praise, as I live to fulfil your divine purpose for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:31; Hebrews 13:5-6; 1 John 4:4

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 5:1-14, Ezekiel 37-38

2 Year Reading Plan : John 20:1-10, 2 Chronicles 26-27

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2013
Christ Our Wisdom · Saturday, December 14th ·

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Colossians 2:3 says, ‘In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.’ He’s the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge. When He becomes the Lord of your life and takes up His abode in the quarters of your heart, He becomes your wisdom. This is different from Him making you wise. He becomes the Lord of your mind, and begins to direct your thinking.

Though Christ is in you, and has become your wisdom, it’s important for you to declare that the wisdom of God is operational in you. The Apostle Paul tells us something very instructive in 1 Corinthians 2:7: "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory." You activate Christ’s wisdom through your confessions. Even now, go ahead and declare, "Christ is made unto me wisdom; therefore, I have extraordinary amplitude of comprehension. I’m creative and innovative! I’m smart, sound, and excellent!"

The more of God’s Word you have in you, the more fellowship you have with Wisdom. You’ll know what to say in any situation, and express divine wisdom whenever you open your mouth to speak. The Lord Jesus alluded to this in Matthew 10:19-20: "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

Confession  

I have extraordinary amplitude of comprehension, because Christ is my wisdom. I’m bold and smart. I’m excellent and sound! I have great ideas and function excellently because the embodiment of all wisdom lives in me, and has opened my mind to endless possibilities.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 1:23-24; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13

Daily Scripture Reading..

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 6:1-17, Ezekiel 39-40

2 Year Reading Plan : John 20:11-18, 2 Chronicles 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Dec 15, 2013
The Word Of Your "Testimony" · Sunday, December 15th ·

Pastor Anita

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death (Revelations 12:11).

In just about two weeks, it’ll be 2014, and if you reminisce on the outgoing year you’ll realize that there’s so much to thank the Lord for. Some might say, "Well, I don’t think I have anything to thank God for this year; I don’t have any testimony." That’s because they really don’t know what a real testimony is in Christ Jesus. A testimony means a record or a witness. It’s a declaration of faith, or a declaration of the Word. You should, therefore, be thankful for the Word that God gave you to live by.

Revelations 12:10 refers to the devil as the accuser of God’s people. However, our opening verse says the people overcame him (the devil), by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony. Notice again how they overcame the devil. First, it says "… they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb"; that’s talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ: His blood was shed for every one of us, and our faith in that blood is the victory. Secondly, it says "…and by the word of their testimony…." The word of your testimony is your declaration about God: your proclamation of what He did for you and in you.

What’s your testimony of Him today? He’s given you divine health, and Satan can’t dispute that. 1 Peter 2:24 says "…by whose stripes ye were healed." He’s made you an heir of the Sovereign; you were born the inheritor of all the riches and wealth of His Kingdom (Romans 8:17, 1 Corinthians 3:21). He brought you out of the miry clay, and set your feet on the rock to stay, and He put a song in your mouth to sing: a song of praise. He has made you a success and a victor; these are your testimonies. Testify of His love and grace. It means to bear witness of what He’s done for you in Christ.

Satan doesn’t want you to talk about your miracles, victories and successes. He’d rather have you believe that the supernatural victories, deliverances, miracles, and blessings you experienced this year all happened by chance. No, they didn’t; they were divinely orchestrated by God. Therefore, today, praise Him lavishly: sing aloud to Him; do Him a dance; give Him your best offering—in appreciation of His goodness and greatness in your life this year.

Confession..

What a glorious year of favour it’s been: a year filled with God’s goodness, deliverances, provisions, mercy and innumerable blessings! Lord, I look forward to the coming year joyfully in faith, knowing you perfect all that concerns me, and I’ll experience greater victories, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 19:7; Psalm 40:2-3; Psalm 87:2-3

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 7:1-17, Ezekiel 41-42
2 Year Reading Plan : John 20:19-31, 2 Chronicles 29

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Dec 16, 2013
Knowing The Love Of Christ... · Monday, December 16th ·

Pastor Chris

…That ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:14-19).

I want you to observe the Apostle Paul’s choice of words carefully; he said, "And to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge." How can you "know" something that "surpasses knowledge?" It sounds superfluous, but it’s a valid statement. There’re two words to mark in that nineteenth verse: "know" and "knowledge." The Greek word translated "know" is "ginosko," while "knowledge" is "gnosis."

"Ginosko" means knowledge and acquaintance, usually by perception or revelation. "Gnosis," on the other hand, refers to knowledge based on science or intellectual activity; abstract knowledge that’s gained from the physical senses. However, the love of Christ is beyond this kind of knowledge; it’s beyond "gnosis."

Putting both together, our opening verse should read, "And to ginosko the love of Christ, which surpasses gnosis." That means we’re to have a revelation of the love of Christ, and not mere intellectual knowledge; we’re to function in the love of Christ beyond our senses and human understanding of love. The natural man (the man that’s not born again), can’t express the love of Christ because he doesn’t have God’s nature of love. This is the reason natural human love, at its best, is fickle and selfish.

However, being born again, you have God’s nature of love; the revelation knowledge of His love is in your spirit. It’s therefore natural for you to express the love of Christ.

Prayer..
  Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you, and for imparting my spirit with your love-nature. I express divine love towards everyone that I meet, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 13:10; Romans 5:5

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 8:1-13, Ezekiel 43-44

2 Year Reading Plan : John 21:1-12, 2 Chronicles 30

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2013
You Can Recover Yourself · Tuesday, December 17th · 

Pastor Chris

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will (2 Timothy 2:25-26).

The word "recover" above is the Greek "ananepho," an interesting word. Figuratively, it means to become "sober again," to "recover self" or "regain (one’s) senses." It somewhat describes a situation where one is awakened from a drunken state into soberness: Picture someone who’s been drunk, and generally acting and talking in an indecorous manner. After a while, the effect of the alcohol wears off and he suddenly comes back to his senses, and even apologizes for being drunk and acting in an undignified manner. What happened? The fellow "recovered" himself. A similar ‘recovery’ occurs when one has been drugged to sleep and the effect of the drug finally wanes.

Taking the time and patience to teach such people the Word will help them recover themselves out of the snare of the devil. You can recover yourself from every attack or misfortune the adversary throws at you. You can come out of that trap of your own volition without anyone having to pray for your "deliverance." Whenever Satan tries to ensnare you: just walk out!"

Deliverance" meetings shouldn’t be for Christians, but for sinners, because Christians are deliverers: "And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD’S" (Obadiah 1:21). We’re the ones the Spirit of God uses to deliver men and women around the world. If for any reason, a Christian finds himself under demonic oppression, he can come out of the devil’s hold anytime he chooses. He can walk out of sickness, disease, and fear, without having to cry for help. How? You might want to ask.

It’s simple; just act on the Word. Say "Yes" to your new identity in Christ Jesus and call yourself what God calls you. If you’ve been living in fear, just say, "In the Name of Jesus Christ, I reject fear; for the Lord has not given me the spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind!"

Confession..
  I live by the Word of God and so I live in safety. I have the Spirit of love, power, and a sound mind! Christ lives in me; He’s my life and my righteousness; He has set me on the path of life, to walk in the way of glory, honour and victory. Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 1:13; 2 Corinthians 5:17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 9:1-21, Ezekiel 45-46
2 Year Reading Plan : John 21:13-25, 2 Chronicles 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Creating Your Victorious And Prosperous Future · Wednesday, December 18th ·

Pastor Anita

…If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body…the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature… (James 3:2-6).

Many people will readily pay huge sums of money to get solutions to their problems, unaware that the solution is just below their nose; it’s in their mouth. If you can get a grip on the words that come out of your mouth, you can chart your course for a victorious life in Christ Jesus.

If you’re faced with a challenge that seems insurmountable, the words of Jesus in Mark 11:23 is the solution you need. It says, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." Recall how the tongue is described in our opening text; it’s called a fire. That means with your faith-filled words, you burn up every anomaly—everything in your life and in your future that isn’t consistent with the perfect will of God.

A Christian whose life is overwhelmed with lack, for example, is certainly having a harvest of his negative confessions. However, he can change the tide by beginning to speak as the seed of Abraham, declaring his prosperity and abundance in Christ.

Your words rule your life. Proverbs 18:20 says, "A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled." It couldn’t get any clearer than this! The responsibility is yours to create your own victorious, prosperous, and exciting life, from glory to glory by speaking creative words of faith.

Confession..

The Word of faith is in my heart and in my mouth today; and as I speak it forth, mountains are moved, hills are levelled, and the crooked paths are made straight before me. Nothing is impossible to me because the greater One lives in me, and by His power working in, and through me, I’m creating my victorious and prosperous life, from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 12:35-37; Job 22:28

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 10:1-11, Ezekiel 47-48

2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 1:1-11 2 Chronicles 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2013
Let Christ Be Revealed In You · Thursday, December 19th ·

Pastor Chris

For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:18-19).

When the Lord Jesus walked the earth, He was one hundred percent man and one hundred percent God. He manifested the divine life to the people of His day, and the supernatural was His daily walk. As Christians, we’re partakers of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). Therefore, as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). We’re the offspring of the Word of God (James 1:18), and like Him, we’re one hundred percent human and one hundred percent divine.

You’re therefore required to give expression to the divine life in you. Romans 6:16 says, "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" If a Christian finds himself struggling with one bad habit or the other, the problem is that he allows his body dictate to him, instead of yielding to the Word of God. The more the Word gains the ascendancy over you, the more the God-life will be revealed in you to live the supernatural life.

Conversely, the more you allow the senses gain the mastery, the more the human life will be revealed in you, and you’ll lead an ordinary life. This explains why some Christians suffer, get sick, and live very uninspiring lives; it’s because they unwittingly made a choice to live life from the human plane. But there’s a higher plane; a higher life in Christ, where your humanity is swallowed up in His divinity. John 3:30 says, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Let Christ increase in you. Christ in you is the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27); let Him talk through you; let Him see through your eyes and work with your hands; let Christ show up in your life! Every time you respond to situations, let it be Christ in you responding. Every time you talk, let it be Christ talking in you!

Prayer..

Dear Father, I thank you for the power of your Word in my life, to build in me an excellent character and the mindset of a champion. My spirit, soul, and body are completely yielded to you, to be dominated and transformed by your Word, and my profiting is appearing to all, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Galatians 1:15-16; 1 Peter 2:9 (AMP)

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 11:1-19, Daniel 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 1:12-26 2 Chronicles 33

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Dec 20, 2013
There’s More In God · Friday, December 20th · 

Pastor Chris

Our Lord is great, with limitless strength; we’ll never comprehend what he knows and does (Psalm 147:5 MSG).

Some Christians have reached the point where their lives have become boring and they’re wondering, "What more is there in God?" They’ve become so used to the worship and other activities in church; even God’s Word has become common to them; what a sad situation to be in!

What they haven’t understood is that it’s not just about the activities that take place in church; it’s about the glory that comes out of those activities. When you understand what comes out from the Spirit, you’ll never be bored; you’d never ask, "What’s more?" People become tired or uninspired by the things of God because they’re carnally minded; just like the children of Israel that got fed up with the manna that was coming out of heaven, and started clamouring for meat!

Walking with the Lord is a journey of endless glory; there’s always more to desire and enjoy in Him. The more He reveals Himself to you, the more hungry you are for Him. Imagine Moses: after he had walked with the Lord for so long, and the Lord had done so many wonderful things in his presence and through him, he still wanted more. He said, "Lord, show me your glory" (Exodus 33:18); because he knew there was more.

Our God is so great; there’s no end to the greatness and awesomeness of His Majesty. Keep growing in the things of the Spirit; keep learning the Word, with an unquenchable desire to know Him more and have His glory revealed in your life. Remember, if you seek Him, you’d find Him (Matthew 7:7); if you hunger and thirst for His righteousness, you’ll be filled (Matthew 5:6).

Prayer ..
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you. I’m increasing more and more in knowledge and in judgment, able to discern and function at all times in the centre of your will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ecclesiastes 3:11; 1 Corinthians 2:11

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 12:1-17, Daniel 3-4
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 2:1-13, 2 Chronicles 34

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:55am On Dec 21, 2013
His Partners In Soul Winning · Saturday, December 21st · 

Pastor Anita

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2).

The Lord Jesus, talking about His mission in Luke 19:10 declared, "…the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." This statement clearly underlines how passionate the Master was about soul winning. He considered it much more important than physical food when He said to His disciples, "…My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work" (John 4:34).

In Matthew 9:38, the Lord, once again, conveyed the urgency and importance of soul winning to His disciples by saying, "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest." He finished His work here on earth and went to heaven, but before His departure, He charged the Church to, "…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). We’re God’s co-labourers today in the ministry of soul winning (1 Corinthians 3:9).

The responsibility of preaching the Gospel has been passed on to us. Our theme verse says, "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season…," in other words, preach the Gospel when you feel like it, and when you don’t. It’s your life vocation. You practise it, whether or not you feel like doing it. You’re to partner with the Lord in winning others, not only because it’s our vocation, but because you’re persuaded by the love of Christ.

Don’t say, "Well, if the anointing comes on me, I’ll preach." That’s wrong, because we don’t need any more anointing to preach the Gospel than we did when we received the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8: "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

God has already sent and anointed you to preach the Gospel; don’t wait for another sign or instruction.

Prayer..
  Dear Father, thank you for making me a partner with you in soul winning; I’ve set my heart to be faithful to the call of leading the unsaved in my world to Christ. I thank you for the increased grace you’ve granted me to be fruitful in this endeavour, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 3:9; 2 Corinthians 5:18-20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 13:1-10, Daniel 5-62 Year Reading Plan : Acts 2:14-24, 2 Chronicles 35

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2013
"…Add To Your Faith…" · Sunday, December 22nd ·

Pastor Chris

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:5-8 ).

To better understand the actual meaning of the word "add" as used above, I’ll give you a brief history of that word. In Peter’s day, they had these Athenian or Greek dramas, enacted on stage. Usually, there were three major collaborators required. One was the scriptwriter, who wrote the script for the play, and then the state who provided the theatre where the play would be staged; thirdly, they required what was called "the sponsor."

That word "sponsor" is from the Greek "choregeo," and it means the supplier; the one who lavishly sponsored or supplied all that was necessary for the successful staging of the play. This was the financier. Therefore, when the Word says, "add to your faith virtue," for instance, it doesn’t just mean taking one thing and adding another to make two; no. It means "epichoregeo" (Greek); "to lavishly supply" or "sponsor" virtue to your faith. What’s the importance of this?

God has already given you faith: "…according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith" (Romans 12:3). However, here you are in this world, which, in a sense, is your stage, where you’re acting out your role, based on the script (God’s Word) that’s been written concerning you. However, you need some "supply" such as, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love, to make your faith effective and enjoy all the blessings that God has given to you in Christ.

Now, understand that these things, which you’re to add to your faith, are already in you; you only need to dig deep within you, bring them forth, and put them to work! The communication of your faith—your faith-life—becomes effectual when you acknowledge that they’re in you, and put them to work in your life (Philemon 1:6).

Prayer..

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which is my life; it dominates my thoughts, actions and words. I’m growing my prevailing faith, and I’m effective and fruitful in every good work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 12:3; Philemon 1:6

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 13:11-14:1-20,Daniel 7-8

2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 2:25-36, 2 Chronicles 36

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Christ In You Means Glory In Your Life! · Monday, December 23rd ·

Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

The last verse of the Christmas song, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing," written by Charles Wesley, tells us something beautiful: Christ was born to make it possible for men to be born again. It says, "…Born that man no more may die Born to raise the sons of earth, Born to give them second birth…."

Now that’s wonderful; Christ has been born in our hearts. This important thought was what the Apostle Paul referred to when he said, "…Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Do you know what it is for Christ to be in you?

That means the miracle worker Himself is alive in you. Remember, He is the one who opened the eyes of the blind (John 9:1-7, Matthew 9:27-31, Mark 10:46-52), unstopped deaf ears (Mark 7:31-37), gave the lame new legs to walk (Matthew 21:14), and restored maimed limbs—those who had their legs amputated—He gave them new legs to walk (Matthew 15:30). He fed the multitudes (five thousand men; women and children not counted) with a little boy’s lunch (John 6:5-13), and raised the dead (John 11:43- 44, Luke 7:11-15)!

This same Jesus lived, died, and was raised back to life, to be born in our hearts. Think about this for a moment: Christ has taken up His abode in the quarters of your heart; that means He has become one with your spirit. The Church needs to get a hold of this reality. Christ is in you now; and that means glory has come. This is the essence of Christmas. Christmas means you’re in Christ now; you have the life and nature of God now. You’ve become the effulgence, as well as the carrier, of His glory. No wonder He said in John 17:22, "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them…."

Prayer.. 
I thank you, precious Father, for crowning me with your glory, and making me the perfection of your beauty and grace. I manifest your glory today everywhere, displaying in earnest, your excellence, virtues and perfections, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 60:1-2; 1 John 4:17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Revelation 15:1-8, Daniel 9-10

2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 2:37-47, Ezra 1

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Proclaim That He Reigns Tuesday December 24th, 2013
Pastor Anita

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, amen; and have the keys of hell and of death (Revelations 1:18).

The Lord Jesus, after His resurrection, appeared to His disciples and said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:18-20). No one ever spoke with such boldness and audacity! He had all authority in heaven and earth; and on the basis of that authority, He commissioned us to preach the good news of God;s Kingdom, and tell the world of His plan of salvation.

Our responsibility, as ministers of reconciliation, is the most sublime on the face of the earth. Nothing could be more dignifying, rewarding, and fulfilling than being the oracles of God; preachers of righteousness ; bearers of the divine order and dispenser of eternal verities! He has entrusted His glorious Gospel of salvation to us. Take that light to someone in your world today.

In Christmas season, a time when people are generally friendly, and in joyous mood; seize the opportunity. Don't wait for them to come to you; go to them, and initiate a conversation, with the aim of ministering the Gospel to them. Many around the world who celebrate Christmas don't know the miracle of the birth and life of Jesus. To them it's a story, but He's not just a story! He's the One declared to be the dead, and is alive today, and has all authority in heaven and in the earth.

We're to herald the great news of His salvation around the world, letting men know that He has paid the penalty of their sins. We must proclaim Him as savour of the World, and the Lord of heaven and earth!

PRAYER:
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege given me to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ, and minister life to those in my world, through the Gospel. Thank you for empowering me for this glorious task, which I'm pleased to carry out today, in the demonstration of the Spirit, and of power, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: Mark 8:38; Luke 10:19; Mark 16:15

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16:1-21, Daniel 11-12

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 3:1-11, Ezra 2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Dec 25, 2013
He Laid Down His Life For You! · Wednesday, December 25th ·

Pastor Chris

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13).

The Lord Jesus laid down His life for us. No other shepherd, before or after Him, ever did that. He wasn’t the first to be crucified, but He was the first to be crucified in the place of others, surrendering Himself of His own free will. He could have delivered Himself from His captors as they led Him to the cross, but He didn’t. He chose to go on and die for us all; it wasn’t that He had no option; He was driven by love.

Jesus did everything He did because He loved us; when He declared His purpose for coming in St. John’s Gospel it was that we might have life, and that we might have it to the full (John 10:10). Testifying before Pilate in John 18:37 He said, "…To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." He came to bear witness to the truth. What is that truth?

He declared it in John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Jesus was born for us, lived for us, and died for us because of His love for us. As we celebrate His birth today, let your focus be on the purpose for which He came, lived, died, and rose again triumphantly. It was so that you might have eternal life—the God-kind of life—and become one with the Father.

Prayer..
Dear Father, I thank you for loving me with an everlasting love, and for sending Jesus to pay the price for my salvation. I yield my life completely to you, and declare that your will and purpose are perfected in me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 10:10-13; Romans 5:6-8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Zechariah 1-3 Revelation 17:1-18
2 Year Reading Plan : Acts 3:12-26 Ezra 3-4

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 6:31am On Dec 25, 2013
*Morning sir, and Merry Christmas to you :-)
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Dec 25, 2013
Oyinprince: *Morning sir, and Merry Christmas to you :-)

Thank you bro, have a special grace filled Christmas..... # Glooooooooooooooooray

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:46am On Dec 25, 2013
@Gombs Merry Xmas sir! May the Lord's special grace never leave you as you celebrate Christ in you today! Something tells me you're missing my absence online, its because I'm now a staff in church therefore, always busy. Merry Xmas all the same sha and send my chicken oh! grin
@oyinprince Merry Xmas brother, I declare increase for you on every side this season. Do have a lovely celebration! grin grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by saintTolu(m): 6:57am On Dec 25, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]merry christmas gombs,kenny,oyin and all.i love you all!

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by saintTolu(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2013
merry christmas gombs,kenny,oyin and all.i love you all!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by FabioPeter: 7:01am On Dec 25, 2013
May God bless your work of love...please keep it up. Merry christmas.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2013
@kenny4lyfe thanks sir, same to you and dont 4get to send ma rice and chicken via pm grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:21am On Dec 25, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: @Gombs Merry Xmas sir! May the Lord's special grace never leave you as you celebrate Christ in you today! Something tells me you're missing my absence online, its because I'm now a staff in church therefore, always busy. Merry Xmas all the same sha and send my chicken oh! grin
@oyinprince Merry Xmas brother, I declare increase for you on every side this season. Do have a lovely celebration! grin grin

Wow!.... bobo, how u take know say I dey miss ur presence online? Nice to know u r a church staff, wow, Greater grace dey that job o, tap as much as u can... God bless u jare. Merry Christmas. Thanks for the prayers, Kings shall has come to your rising, because the captain of our salvation has been born in your heart....

The chicken part... ummmmm grin

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2013
saint Tolu: [color=#990000][/color]merry christmas gombs,kenny,oyin and all.i love you all!

Love you too bro!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2013
Fabio Peter: May God bless your work of love...please keep it up. Merry christmas.

Amen bro, may God expand all ur hand finds to do... merry Christmas

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.