Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,726 members, 7,955,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258558 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Apr 12, 2017
You're A Victor in Christ Jesus - Wednesday, April 12.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

No Christian should be a victim of circumstances. That you lost your job, business, and everything you once had shouldn’t make you a victim. That you went through terrible ordeals because your parents abandoned you while you were young shouldn’t be an excuse for you to live as a victim. Face life’s circumstances head-on, with the smile of a victor and the attitude of a king, because greater is He that’s in you, than all the troubles in the world.

The Word of God, a law of the Spirit, has been promulgated to that effect; it says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). This isn’t addressed to everybody in the world, but to those that love God—the new creation—they’re the ones for whom this will work. Everything in life has been programmed to work in your favour. There isn’t anything that could happen in this earth to your disadvantage.

A Christian can only be defeated by his own choice, permission, or ignorance. God said my people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge. We’re so blessed of God that even in the face of our own mistakes and errors, He doesn’t blame us. He always has a way out. He’s wisdom personified. When you’re in any predicament, even if self-inflicted, right there in that trouble, in humility, say, “Lord, how do I get out?” “What do I do?” and in love, receive His guidance.

He’ll answer you faster than you would imagine. His love for us is what compels Him to relate with us that way. Therefore, no matter what happens to or with you, refuse to be a victim or be intimidated; you’re a victor in Christ Jesus. Live as one.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the comfort of the scriptures. I’m a victor for life. All things are working together for my good, because I love you, and I’m called according to your purpose. I face life’s circumstances head-on, with the smile of a victor, knowing that nothing can stand against me successfully, because the greater One lives in me! Your wisdom works in me to know what to do at all times, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:31-37
What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. 34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:1-21, Judges 12-13
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:29-39, Leviticus 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:03am On Apr 14, 2017
Feed on the Right Information - Friday, April 14

Pastor Chris .

…It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).

In today’s world, people are more particular about what they eat. While some eat the right food to stay healthy, there’re those who, from eating all the wrong things, have put their health in jeopardy. It’s the same thing spiritually. As a Christian, you must feed on the right information. You must feed your faith with the Word of God. Some Christians would rather feed their fears than feed their faith. You feed your fears when you give attention to wrong or noxious information.

The food for the human spirit is God’s word. Jesus said, “…Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). Whilst God’s Word makes the human spirit come alive—buoyant with faith, hope and love, unwholesome words poison and destroy the human spirit. Such negative information that are harmful to the human spirit proceed from giving attention to the wrong things.

The effect of feeding on wrong information in the life of a Christian may not be seen overnight; but with time, such a person gets weaker and weaker spiritually. Before long, he’s no longer as fervent in spiritual things as he used to be. Then, his life takes a completely different turn from God’s original plan.

Give attention to the right information. Fortify and energize your spirit for success with God’s Word. The forces of life are domiciled in your spirit; as you feed your spirit with the Word, you’ll be able to produce every good thing you want in life from within you. Jesus said, “A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things” (Matthew 12:35).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to hear and receive your Word, for it to bring about a transformation in my life. My passion for your Word is increased, and I’ve been made wise and excellent by your Word today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 14:1-24, Judges 17-18

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Mark 2:1-12, Leviticus 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2017
Glorified Just Like Jesus - Saturday, April 15th

Pastor Chris

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father’s glory; the express image of His Person (Hebrews 1:3). And that’s exactly what He’s made us; we’re the effulgence of His glory, for as He is—the glory of the Father—so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). Jesus said, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one” (John 17:22). This is extraordinary. If only you’d live with this consciousness every day!

2 Corinthians 3:18 explains it some more. It lets us know that the Word of God is a mirror: “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”A mirror reflects whatever is set before it. If you stood in front of a mirror, you’d see your own reflection. The Word of God is a mirror, and the image of you that it reflects is called “the glory of God”; that’s who you really are!

What we read in John 17:22, is God holding up His mirror for you to see that you’re a partaker of His glory. You’ve been glorified just like Jesus. When Jesus walked the earth, He walked gloriously. He lived and manifested the glory of God. He walked on water, talked to the wind and the waves, unstopped deaf ears, opened blind eyes, healed lame legs, restored maimed limbs, and even raised the dead. We have the same ability within us to function likewise, because the same Holy Spirit that was the power and essence of Jesus, lives in us today.

This has effectively removed you from the class of ordinary men; you’re an associate of the God-kind. You’re the dispenser of God’s righteousness, love, wisdom, mercies and grace. God chose you to be the one to show forth His praises and manifest His glory in the earth: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your glory in my life. I affirm that my life is the manifestation of your wisdom and grace, and your righteousness is revealed and evident in me. You’ve made me a light in a dark world, and my light shines everywhere. I impact my world with your righteousness, wisdom, and love, today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 1:1-3
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

1 John 4:17 NIV
This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:25-15:1-10, Judges 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:13-22, Leviticus 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2017
It wasn't for nothing - Sunday, April 16.

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

The Christian is the fruit of Christ’s suffering. The Bible talks about the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should be revealed (1 Peter 1:11). We’re that glory; we’re His joy and His trophies. We’re the glory He saw that made Him endure the cross and despise the shame (Hebrews 12:2).

For the Christian, suffering is absolutely unnecessary, because Jesus already paid the price for you to live a glorious life. Everything required for your success has been consummated. He died so you can live a life of honour, dignity and excellence. The most beautiful part is that, it all didn’t end with His death and burial. He rose triumphantly back to life on the third day. That’s what we celebrate at Easter. Just as death couldn’t hold Him bound, nothing today can hold you bound. If you couldn’t walk, rise up and walk! Walk out of that sickness, for the glory has come!

This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He’s brought us victory, success, health and prosperity. Believe and receive this truth.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the life of transcendental blessings I have by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Now, I live the glory life; I reign and rule as a king, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 2:14-17
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For verily he took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Colossians 1:20-22
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 15:11-32, Ruth 1-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:23-28, Leviticus 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2017
It Matters What You See - Tuesday, 18th April

Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

Our opening scripture begins with the word “Behold,” which means, “See!” The same word is used in 2 Corinthians 5:17; it says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” Now that you’re in Christ, you ought to “see” that all things are now new. If that isn’t what you’re seeing, it means you’re looking at the wrong thing. You’re not supposed to see the old, weak, sickly, poor and struggling “you”; that person doesn’t exist anymore. You must see yourself differently now.

The word “see” is akin to the Hebrew word “chazah” in the Old Testament. It means to see from a spiritual standpoint, to see with the eyes of the Spirit. He wants you to “see” that you’re righteous, prosperous, and sound. See that God has lavished His love on you, and has accepted you. See that He has conquered the world for you, and given you peace. He said in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

It is for the same reason that, in Philippians 4:6-7, the Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, writes, “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” He’s already made your life glorious; see and walk in the light of who you are in Him, and all that He’s given you and done for you.

The Word of God is the True Light; under that light, see that you’re God’s best; the effulgence of His glory, and expression of His righteousness. See that He’s with you, and in you everywhere you go; to love, lead and guide you triumphantly through life.

Confession...
The glory of God is on my life. He has made me bold, courageous and sound. He’s my righteousness; He’s made me excellent in all things! I’m triumphant always through the Word and by the Holy Spirit. I rejoice, for in Christ I see my salvation, wholeness, preservation, promotion and victories. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Genesis 15:5-6
And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. 6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:1-19, 1 Samuel 3-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:8-19, Leviticus 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:08am On Apr 19, 2017
We walk in Righteousness - Wednesday, April 19.

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Christianity is a walk in righteousness. What is righteousness? It’s the nature of God in you, producing the rightness of God: the ability to do right and fulfil the will of the Father. God is always right; it’s His nature to be right. This nature of righteousness is at work in us. So, in our Kingdom, we do righteousness; we walk in righteousness and do works of righteousness; we manifest the goodness of God everywhere. The world may not appreciate it when you walk in righteousness. It was for the same reason that the Pharisees and Sadducees had a problem with the good works that Jesus did; they misunderstood Him. If in your place of work, for example, you did something you thought required commendation, but instead, you were reprimanded for your good works, don’t feel bad about it. Keep expressing the God-nature in you.

Just because you’re doing the right thing doesn’t mean everybody will like you. There might be those that’ll resist you, and try to make you compromise; they might even call you evil, in spite of your good works; maintain your composure. Refuse to change. You’re greater than your adversaries, detractors and persecutors. Stay in the Word, and practise your Christianity, no matter the criticism. You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; therefore, it’s your calling to walk in righteousness, regardless of the pressures and challenges.

Confession...
I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; a victor for life, endowed with the grace to reign and rule over circumstances. My life is for the glory of God; I walk in righteousness, and fulfil God’s perfect will today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD.

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:20-18:1-14, 1 Samuel 8-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:20-35, Leviticus 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:12am On Apr 20, 2017
Prevailing In The Evil Day - Thursday, April 20th. .

Pastor Chris

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world (1 Peter 5:8-9).

Ephesians 6:13 says, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day….”The evil day is when all hell breaks loose against you; it’s when the doctor suddenly announces that there’s trouble in your body! The evil day is when challenges suddenly arise at work; it’s a figurative expression for the day of crisis.

This is why, as a Christian, it’s so important that you learn the Word of God in the days of peace, and have it inside you, so that in the day of crisis, you’ll be undaunted. This is because in the day of crisis, it’s only what you have inside you that’ll put you over. Colossians 3:16 says, Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Some people wait until trouble strikes, and then they start praying and trying to act their faith, no; faith and desperation are two different things. Such folks are merely pushing the panic button, out of desperation. They didn’t grow their faith when they needed to; hence they panicked in the day of adversity. Faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God; it’s not something you push from the mind; it’s from your spirit. It’s the reason you must keep inundating your spirit with the Word of God.

God wants us to win always; He created us to be victors. He gave us dominion over circumstances. Rather than be overwhelmed with fear when you face dire situations, use your faith; exercise your authority in Christ. We have something we can use. We have authority in the Name of Jesus. You can use that Name against any demon. You can use it to improve your job, your finances, your health, your family—everything about your life! You can win every day by acting on God’s Word.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the ability of the Word to produce results in my life. I’m an overcomer in all things because your Word has infused me with the ability to do the impossible. Hallelujah!

Further Study:

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:15-43, 1 Samuel 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:1-12, Leviticus 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
FRIDAY, 21ST APRIL.
HE'S BROUGHT YOU INTO “A LARGE PLACE”.

He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me (Psalm 18:19).

“A large place” means a wealthy place; being born again, you’re the seed of Abraham, and a joint heir with Christ. Effectively, this means the whole world belongs to you. It’s too late for you to be poor or be counted as the poor. The only way you can be poor is by choice or ignorance, because God has already brought you out of poverty into your wealthy place.

2 Corinthians 8:9 says, “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” Notice that it doesn’t say, “…so that ye might pray to be rich,” no; He’s already done it. In Christ Jesus, you’ve been made rich. The Holy Spirit, writing to the Church through Paul, declared, “…all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21). Refuse to think small or see yourself as small; you own this world.

Another beautiful thing is that everything that belongs to you is perfect; your portion is the good one. The Psalmist said in Psalm 16:6: “The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.” Some Christians don’t realize this; so they envy others and covet what belongs to others; there’s no need for that. You have “a goodly heritage”; an incorruptible inheritance, with your name on it.

Acknowledge, and affirm this truth about yourself and walk in the light of it. God has given you all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3); they’re in your spirit. Therefore, have no sense of lack, disadvantage, or limitation. Whatever you’re looking for, be it spiritual or material, pull it out from within, for out of your spirit are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for blessing me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus. I acknowledge, and walk in the fullness of your blessings in my life. I’m the seed of Abraham, a joint-heir with Christ; the world belongs to me. I lack nothing, because you’ve graciously granted me all things that pertain to life and godliness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Psalm 16:5-6 The LORD [is] the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. 6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant [places]; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Philemon 1:6 ASV that the fellowship of thy faith may become effectual, in the knowledge of every good thing which is in you, unto Christ.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 19:1-27, 1 Samuel 14-15
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 4:13-20, Leviticus 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2017
We're His Light in a dark World - Saturday April 22

Pastor Chris

Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty. O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name (Psalm 74:20-21).

The Hebrew word translated “earth” in the scripture above also refers to world or nations. The dark places of the earth or of the nations are places where cruelty and wickedness have found a breeding ground. They refer to injurious and malevolent lands and environments; places governed by agents of darkness and the principalities of evil.

God’s answer to the cries coming from these dark regions is first, His Word. He sent His Word in the Person of Jesus. Psalm 107:20 says, He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” John 1:14 says the Word became flesh, and dwelt amongst us. God’s solution was packaged in the Man, Christ Jesus, who came as the Saviour and Light of the world. However, after His crucifixion, burial and resurrection, He ascended to heaven, commissioning us, the Church, to continue the work that He started.

Isaiah 53:10 says, “…he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.” We’re His seed, and through us He heals, delivers, and saves today. We’re His light in a dark world. When Jesus came, He said, …I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12). Then in Matthew 5:14, He said concerning us, “Ye are the light of the world….”

The dark places of the earth might have been filled with the habitations of cruelty, but you’re the one to do something about it. You’re the solution to the darkness in the world. No wonder He says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).

Good works are the works of Christ in salvation, healing and deliverance. As we all carry out these good works in our respective spheres of contact, evil, darkness, wickedness and unrighteousness will recede, and the glory and light of God will fill our lands.

Confession. ..
I’m the light of the world, and my light shines ever so brightly. I bring peace, harmony, deliverance, and righteousness to men’s lives everywhere, because I’m the seed of Jesus Christ, His partner in soul-winning. Through the help of the Holy Spirit, I’m turning men and women from darkness to light, and to become partakers of God’s grace and love, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Further Study:
Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:28-48, 1 Samuel 16-17
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:21-29, Leviticus 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
The Shout of Victory - Sunday, April 23rd. .

Pastor Chris

O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph (Psalm 47:1).

Our opening verse is talking about the shout of victory. Some people shout out of fear, but in Christianity we shout in victory. We shout unto the Lord with the voice of triumph. It’s like the shout the children of Israel gave in conquering Jericho. As they journeyed to the Promised Land, they got to Jericho, but the city was shut with thick and imposing walls (Joshua 6:1).

The Lord, however, gave Joshua the strategy to conquer Jericho. It was the “shout strategy”: And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall SHOUT WITH A GREAT SHOUT; AND THE WALL OF THE CITY SHALL FALL DOWN FLAT, AND THE PEOPLE SHALL ASCEND UP EVERY MAN STRAIGHT BEFORE HIM” (Joshua 6:2-5). When the people did as the Lord instructed, the walls came down flat (Joshua 6:20).

Some people don’t understand it when we shout; it’s spiritual. The Bible tells us about Jesus, that He shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:” (1 Thessalonians 4:16). It’s like the kind of shout He gave at the tomb of Lazarus; the Bible says He yelled with a loud voice, “..Lazarus, come forth” (John 11:43).

Lazarus, having been dead, and buried for four days, already believed to be putrefying, came out of the grave alive! When we shout in victory, the enemy is discomfited; the dead come back to life. Some people only shout out of fear; and that’s the wrong shout; ours is the voice of triumph. We shout ahead of the battle; ahead of the challenges; therefore, when they come, they’re walkovers.

There’s no victory without a shout. When you face challenges, shout, not in exasperation, but in triumph. Even when you’re not happy, shout! Even now, shout aloud with the voice of triumph; it’s an act of faith. Shout and declare that you’ve won. The future can depend on your shouting; so don’t keep quiet; shout your victory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to my spirit today. I triumph always and in every place, by the power of the Holy Ghost, and the shout of rejoicing is forever in my mouth, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Joshua 6:16
And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.

1 Samuel 4:5
And when the ark of the covenant of the LORD came into the camp, all Israel shouted with a great shout, so that the earth rang again.

Psalm 5:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:1-19, 1 Samuel 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:30-41, Leviticus 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2017
Turn the light on yourself - Monday, 24th April .

Pastor Chris

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

God’s Word is light. Light defines, describes, and makes manifest. If you turn off the light in a room, you won’t be able to see things in that room with your optical eyes. Likewise, your spiritual eyes need the light of God’s Word to see in the realm of the Spirit.

When you turn on the light of God on a particular situation, you’ll see the truth—the reality from God’s perspective. Suddenly, you’ll discover that everything you thought was missing was intact; everything you thought you didn’t have, you actually have in abundance. If you’re using the light of the sun or the incandescent light, there’re a whole lot you’d never see. But under the light of God’s Word, everything is made manifest.

Hebrews 4:13 says, “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.” Nothing is hidden under the light of God’s Word. Turn that light on yourself and see the truth about your success, prosperity, and glorious life in Christ! Turn it on, and never turn it off again, because you’re supposed to keep walking in the light, as He is in the light.

Keep walking in the light of your righteousness, justification, wisdom, and new life in Christ Jesus. Under God’s light, you’re strong, full of the Holy Spirit and power. You’re one with whom anything is possible. See yourself in this light; walk in the light of your victory over the world, over the devil and over the circumstances of life!

The Word of God is the only true light. Apart from showing you your endowments and rights in Christ, it also produces in you such changes that are consistent with His message, leading and directing you. No wonder the Psalmist said, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105).

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the light of your Word in my spirit that illuminates my path in life, in the direction of your perfect will. I know, and walk in my inheritance in Christ Jesus, because the Word has revealed them to me. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

John 1:7-9
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light. 9 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Luke 20:20-21:1-4, 1 Samuel 20-22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 5:1-13, Leviticus 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Use Your Faith - Tuesday, April 25.

Pastor Chris

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

Acts 14 tells us that Paul was preaching in a city called Lystra, and he noticed a certain man who was crippled from his mother’s womb: “And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother’s womb, who never had walked. The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked” (Acts 14:8-10).

When the man heard the Gospel from Paul, it imparted faith to him, but faith alone didn’t do him good. He was still crippled, even though he had faith. His faith was so palpable that Paul noticed it; he perceived that the man had faith to be healed.

It’s the same predicament that many are in today in the body of Christ; they have faith, yet they’re snowed-under by the adversities of life, living as victims. Their problem is that they’re not using their faith. Faith is like currency; you have to use it. It’s like money in your account, wallet or in your pocket; it won’t do anything for you just because you have it; you must put it to use.

The Bible says, “...Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone” (James 2:17). That means faith without corresponding actions; faith that’s not used, is dead. Imagine if the crippled man had argued and hesitated when Paul told him to stand up; he would have neutralised his own faith. But the moment he acted on the Word, his faith was activated and a miracle ensued.

The issue oftentimes isn’t that God’s people don’t have faith; every Christian has faith. The problem is that many aren’t using their faith. Faith must be active and not passive. Use your faith today.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for imparting faith to my spirit through the Word. I use my faith today by my corresponding actions and verbal expressions, in line with your infallible and eternal Word. Thus, I live above the adversary and all adversities of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 4:17-21
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 21:5-38, 1 Samuel 23-25
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:14-20, Leviticus 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Apr 26, 2017
We're The Favoured Ones - Wednesday, April 26

Pastor Chris

Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come (Psalm 102:13).

The Christian is one who’s specially favoured of the Lord. In Psalm 102:13 above, David spoke prophetically about the new creation: “This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord” (Psalm 102:18).

“The generation to come,” and “the people which shall be created” refer to the new creation. The promise of God to favour and have mercy upon Zion has been fulfilled in your life. Favour means friendly regard shown towards another, especially by a superior; a special privilege or right granted you. It means a special advantage bestowed on you to your benefit. It also means gracious kindness, a deep expression of love.

God loves you so much. The Bible says He’s “…able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient...” (2 Corinthians 9:8 AMP). You’re called to walk in God’s manifold blessings in every area of your life. The Spirit of God has opened doors of blessings and opportunities for you that can’t be humanly explained. He has qualified you to experience the great and glorious benefits of the Kingdom: “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light...” (Colossians 1:12).

Psalm 5:12 says, “For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.” This has already happened; the righteous is already blessed and decorated with divine favour. That means there’s no disadvantage for you. Wherever you go in this world, you’ll be accepted, celebrated, and appreciated. Even those who don’t like you will secretly admire you, because you’re the favoured one. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the great love with which you’ve loved me. I’m the object of your supernatural grace and unfailing love, and therefore experience and walk in the full manifestation of your unprecedented favour, and manifold blessings in my family, health, job, ministry, and finances today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 2:52
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Proverbs 14:9
Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous [there is] favour.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:1-38, 1 Samuel 26-28
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:21-34, Leviticus 26

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Fortify Yourself with the Word - Thursday, April 27th

Pastor Chris.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might…For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand (Ephesians 6:10-13).

The first part of our opening Scripture urges God’s people to be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. God never tells you to do something you couldn’t do; if He says, “Be strong in the Lord,” it means that’s what you need to do.

Then, the eleventh verse says, “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Again, He tells you what to do against the devil. You shouldn’t say, “The devil is too strong for me”; if you put on the whole armour of God, you’ll be able to stand against all the stratagems, schemes, manoeuvres, and manipulations of the devil. The instruction is clear: Fortify yourself in, and with the Word.

Many Christians live a life that looks like Christianity, but isn’t true Christianity. As a result, when they face challenges, they falter and are defeated, and then they whine, “But I prayed; I don’t know why God didn’t do it.” But in the verses that we read in our theme scripture, God instructed us clearly on what to do. What He said in verse thirteen is the reason for verses 10-12. It says, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”

There’s a day of trouble (the evil day); it may not be today, but it’s to be anticipated. There’s an enemy out there seeking whom to devour, and when he has the opportunity, he’ll strike. But we’re not ignorant of His devices. As long as you’re strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might, putting on the whole armour of God, you’ll discomfit the enemy whenever he shows up, and you’ll still be standing.

Confession...
I live far above the machinations, schemes, and devices of the devil, because I live in Christ, fortified in, and by the Word! I’m strong in the Lord and in the power of His might; I’m positioned for victory, and energised for the supernatural life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 22:39-65, 1 Samuel 29-31

2 year Bible Reading Plan : Mark 5:35-43, Leviticus 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:33am On Apr 29, 2017
Alive To The Mysteries Of The Kingdom - Saturday, April 29th .

Pastor Chris

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:11).

Why did the Apostle Paul make such a bold statement in our opening verse? He says count yourself dead to sin, but alive to God. This is because in the mind of justice, when Jesus died, you died in Him. But something happened afterwards: God raised Jesus from the dead, and you were raised together with Him.

That was what happened when you were born again; you were awakened to God; you came alive in the spirit. Now you can understand the realities of God’s Kingdom; you can know the things of God, because you’re alive to Him. The one who isn’t born again isn’t alive to God; he’s dead spiritually. He isn’t awakened to the realities of life in God’s realm. But it’s not so with you. The Lord Jesus said it’s given to you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God (Luke 8:10). So, it’s your heritage to understand the things of God, because you’re born again, and you have the life of God in you. Hallelujah!

There isn’t any spiritual reality you can’t understand. Never say, “You know, I really don’t understand the things of God”; rather, you ought to say, “I’m alive to God; therefore, I have an understanding heart; I understand the things of God.” Say this repeatedly until it takes a hold of your being.

You don’t have to walk in darkness or ignorance concerning the Kingdom-life, your inheritance, rights, benefits and privileges in Christ Jesus. The Bible says, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God” (1 Corinthians 2:12). What an awesome blessing: the Holy Spirit is in you to teach you all things and unveil the mysteries of life to you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for granting me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you; the eyes of my understanding are enlightened to the realities and truths of your glorious Kingdom. And now, I know the hope of your calling and the riches of the glory of your inheritance for me in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 2:7
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Matthew 13:10-11
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 23:26-49,
2 Samuel 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 6:14-29,
Numbers 2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:16am On Apr 30, 2017
Pray always - Sunday, April 30.

Pastor Chris

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (Ephesians 6:18).

The Scripture above says, “Praying always…”; that means you ought to be in constant communication or fellowship with the Father. What most people know about prayer is making requests; that’s the lesser purpose for prayer. Prayer is primarily fellowship with the Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit; and it’s something we’re called to do always, not occasionally.

Jesus said men ought always to pray and not to faint (Luke 18:1). The Amplified Translation of our opening scripture makes it clearer; it says, “Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people).” That immediately lets you know that prayer isn’t just about asking God for things; prayer is a continual “intelligence” communication.

When you pray, you’re connected to “spiritual intelligence,” such that you’re aware of the happenings around you; you’re not in the dark as to what steps to take, or where to go. “Intelligence information” is constantly being given to you, such that you’re informed, enlightened, and guided by divine wisdom at all times; you’re never confused.

In the place of prayer, you receive impartations, ministrations, visions, and guidance from the Holy Spirit! There’s also the conditioning of your spirit to hear and respond to God correctly; a synchronization of your passions and emotions with His perfect will. These are part of what makes prayer exciting for us. I send out prayer posts for our fifteen minutes global prayer sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; through our social media platforms. Participate seriously in this endeavour, and watch your life grow.

God has given you the dominion and the authority to alter the course of events in the earth. It’s your responsibility, not His, to see to it that circumstances in your life, your family and in the lives of those around you are framed to conform to God’s perfect will; you can achieve this through prayer.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of prayer. I pray for new converts all around the world, that they be strengthened with might by your Spirit in their inner man. I declare that God’s Word of righteousness, healing, prosperity, deliverance and blessings is producing results in them, forming in them the character and mind of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 7:7-8
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Acts 13:1-2
Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 23:50-24:1-12, 2 Samuel 7-8
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 6:30- 44, Numbers 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On May 01, 2017
Our Place Of Glory And Victory In Him - Monday, May 1st .

Pastor Chris

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:4-6).

Ephesians 1:21 says Jesus Christ is seated in the place of authority in the heavenly realms, not just above or near above, but “far” above all principality and power, every rulership or government, and the authority by which they govern. The Wuest Translation says, “…over and above every government and authority and power and lordship….” Blessed be God! There’s none like Jesus! He has the supremacy and dominion over all things.

However, the most beautiful and inspiring part of it all is our connection to Him in His victory, glory, and authority. Remember that we’re members of His body; we’re connected to Him. Read our theme scripture again and see the connection; it reveals your current location, your place of glory and victory in Him. You’ve been raised up together, and made to sit together in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus.

This therefore means you’re over and above all principality and power, every rulership or government, and the authority by which they govern. You have the supremacy and dominion over all things. It doesn’t matter where you go in this world, be in charge and in control. Refuse to be sick. Say “no” to anything that hurts or binds. You’re not an ordinary person. You’re superior to Satan, demons and all their influences.

You’re a victor in Christ Jesus, born to reign and rule over circumstances. Always acknowledge and affirm who you are, what you have, your connection with the Lord Jesus Christ, and your place of glory and victory in Him.

Confession...
I’m seated with Christ in the place of authority, over and above all principality, power, and the rulers of the darkness of this world! I live in the dominion, victory, and glory of Christ; my life is the expression of righteousness, God’s and the manifestation of His wisdom and excellence, now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:1-6
And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:19-21
And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Colossians 3:1-2
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 24:13-35,
2 Samuel 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 6:45-56,
Numbers 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:14am On May 02, 2017
True Joy Is In Fulfilling Your Purpose - Tuesday, May 2nd .

Pastor Chris

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

One of the greatest blessings you could ever experience in life is to discover God’s purpose for your life and to fulfil it. God has a purpose for your life; He placed you on earth for a definite purpose. Jesus was on earth for a specific purpose and He was clear about it. He affirmed in John 10:10, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” His whole life was about something: to save and give life to all men.

He lived and fulfilled the will of the Father. Hebrews 10:7 in prophetic reference to Jesus, states: “…Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.” Like Him, you were born for a purpose; you came to fulfil the will of the Father. Perhaps you’re wondering, “But how do I know the will of the Father? How do I know His purpose for my life?” You can boldly ask Him, and He’ll tell you. If you’re born again, the will of the Father and His purpose for your life shouldn’t be a mystery to you. Jesus said it’s given to you to know and understand the mysteries of the Kingdom of God (Luke 8:10).

Moreover, as you study God’s Word and stay in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, God’s purpose for your life becomes clear to you. The will, nature, and purpose of God are revealed in His Word. He also guides you to your divine purpose as you walk with Him, and do those things that please Him.

You weren’t born for nothing. You were born for the glory of God. You were born to walk with Him and bring Him honour. He planned from the beginning that you should serve Him with your life, and walk worthy of Him, pleasing Him in all things, and fruitful in every good work.

Let the divine vision to bring Him glory and express His righteousness be your passion, pursuit, and purpose every day, and you’ll experience true fulfilment in life.

Prayer...
Blessed Lord, I thank you for granting me insight into mysteries and secrets, and filling me with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Guided by your Spirit, I walk in your perfect will at all times, bringing you glory, honour, and praise, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Colossians 4:1
And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

Acts 26:16-18
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 24:36-53, 2 Samuel 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 7:1-13, Numbers 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:42pm On May 03, 2017
*Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional*

*Download The FREE Edition Of The MAY Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional PDF by clicking on =>* http:///2iK6qRp

*Be All Out For The Gospel .*

Wednesday, May 3rd .
Pastor Chris

_*And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).*_

Living for Jesus Christ and making yourself relevant in the ministry of reconciliation are what count the most in life. Everything in your life—your thoughts, ideas, the excellence in your life—should be about soul winning. Refuse to make the lesser things of life your focus; be all out for the Gospel. In 1 Corinthians 9:16, Paul said, _*“…necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!”*_ He was all out for the Gospel. He lived to fulfil God’s dream of making the Gospel known to the Gentiles.

You’re an ambassador and a steward of the mysteries of Christ. You’re a soldier in Christ’s army and must therefore remain militant in bringing God’s Word alive to those in your world, touching them with the love of Christ and the glory of His grace. Don’t be comfortable with ignoring the sinners around you; the Bible says it’s not the will of God that any should perish (2 Peter 3:9). He wants them saved, and He’s counting on you for their salvation.

Romans 10:13-14 says _*“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”*_ You’re the preacher, sent of God to those in your world who haven’t yet known the Lord; don’t let them keep living without hope, and without God in the world. Take advantage of every opportunity to preach the Gospel to them.

*CONFESSION*

*I’ve received increased grace and ability to fulfil the ministry of reconciliation to those in my world, and in the regions beyond. I’m fervent in soul-winning and intercession; through me, the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ shines brightly in the hearts of men, destroying the shackles of bondage and darkness, and lighting up in them passion for Christ and His righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*Further Study:* *||* *Matthew 28:19-20* Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. *||*

*||* *2 Corinthians 3:2* Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: *||*

*||* *Mark 16:15* And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. *||*

*Daily Scripture Reading*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 1:1-18,
2 Samuel 15-17

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 7:14-23,
Numbers 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:01pm On May 04, 2017
Living Out The Word - Thursday, May 4th .

Pastor Chris

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:25).

Doing the Word of God should be natural for you as a Christian, because being born again, you’re born of the Word (1 Peter 1:23). That means you have the nature of the Word, which gives you the ability to do the Word. Simply living out the Word is the key to an excellent and victorious life; that’s where the blessing is.

Where some Christians have a problem is that they don’t know how to do the Word. Some think that doing the Word means “obeying” the Word, no; both thoughts may sound similar, but they’re very different. In the Old Testament, they were told to obey the Word of God. In the New Testament, we don’t obey the Word of God; we do the Word of God! In the Old Testament, the Word was to them an outside force. In the New Testament, it’s an inside force. The Word lives in us today; we’re born of the Word, and are thus, one with the Word.

You’ll only have to obey the Word if you had a different life or nature apart from the Word. God’s Word is your life, and through the “mirror principle,” He made it possible for you to live out the Word.

Here’s how it works: The Word of God is the mirror of God. The Bible says anyone who hears the Word and doesn’t do what it says, is like a man who sees himself in a mirror, turns around and forgets what he looks like (James 1:23-24). This means that God expects you to see yourself the way He sees you in His Word, and then act accordingly.

For example, the Word says you’re a joint-heir with Christ; therefore, you should never talk broke or live as one who’s disadvantaged in life. The world belongs to you as much as it belongs to Christ. All things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21). Irrespective of your feelings or the circumstances, endorse these truths and act on them accordingly. The blessing is in acting on the Word, not just hearing or believing it. The creative power of the Word becomes effective once ignited by the faith-response from your spirit, bringing about a transformation in your life, from glory to glory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you because your Word is working mightily and producing results in me. My life is for your glory, and I exude the excellence of the Spirit, fruitful and productive in every good work, and manifesting the fruits of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:23-25
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord. M

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 1:19-51, 2 Samuel 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 7:24-37, Numbers 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:21am On May 05, 2017
Create The Future You Desire - Friday, May 5.

Pastor Chris

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap (Galatians 6:7).

The Lord Jesus, in narrating the parable of the sower, said, “A sower went out to sow his seed…” (Luke 8:5). Then in the eleventh verse, He explained that the seed the sower sowed was the Word of God, letting us know that words are seeds, and that what you sow is what you reap. If you sow the right words into your life and future, they’ll produce the right harvest.

Your words are important; steer your life in God’s direction for you with the right words. Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23). You can’t keep speaking negatively and expect to have an excellent life. Proverbs 15:4 says, “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.” A wholesome tongue is one that speaks life, health, righteousness, and abundance.

Perverseness, on the other hand, means crookedness; inconsistent and contradictory choice of words that deform and destroy the human spirit! Many unknowingly bruise their spirits when they speak words that are inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel. This is why you must consistently talk right. Speak forth the blessed Word of God and sustain yourself in the transcendent life.

Your life goes in the direction of your words. If your words are excellent, your life will be excellent. Your life today isn’t an accident; it’s the result of all the words that you’ve been speaking, positive or negative. Create the future you desire! Only speak words that are consistent with the glorious life of righteousness, peace, health, wealth, and joy that God has made available to you in Christ Jesus.

Confession...
I have such a beautiful and transcendent life in Christ. I’m the expression of God’s glory, grace, wisdom and righteousness. The Word of God has produced life in me! I walk in victory always, and live triumphantly to the glory of His Name. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Proverbs 18:21
Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

James 3:2
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 2:1-25, 2 Samuel 20-21
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:1-9, Numbers 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:51am On May 06, 2017
The Consciousness Of Christ In You - Saturday, May 6th
Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

In Colossians 1, the Apostle Paul spoke plainly when he explained the Gospel as it pertains to the Gentiles. I want you to understand the construction in the twenty-seventh verse: “…this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

A “mystery” connotes esoteric communication or language; something revealed, but only to a select few. That mystery, the Bible says, is “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” What does this truth mean? First, it means glory revealed, glory realized, glory manifested in your life! The reproaches are gone; you now have a life of honour and excellence.

I would to God everyone in the body of Christ would understand this! For example, when Christ is manifested in the life of a sinner, the power of sin is broken, and righteousness takes effect. When He’s manifested in the life of one who’s been bound, the chains are broken, and deliverance takes place. When He’s manifested in your life, everything that’s of darkness is dispelled.

It reminds of Peter’s encounter with Aeneas, who had been paralysed and bedridden for eight years, but he was a Christian. Peter didn’t have to pray for him; all he said was, “Aeneas, Christ makes you well: rise up!” Immediately, the man jumped off his sickbed (Acts 9:33-34). If you’re sick in your body today, what you need is the manifestation of Christ in your physical body. The consciousness of the life of Christ in you will make you invincible and eternally triumphant.

Now that you’re born again, the life in you is the supernatural life of Christ. Christ has fully tabernacled in you! You’ve become His living headquarters; He looks through your eyes and walks with your legs because you’ve become His vessel; His body.

Confession...
Christ lives in me; He’s my righteousness, my glory, and my beauty. His life and nature in me makes me invincible and triumphant! I’m healthy, strong, excellent and vibrant! I manifest the character of Christ to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Colossians 2:9-10
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 3:1-21, 2 Samuel 22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:10-21, Numbers 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:59am On May 08, 2017
Growing and Multiplying by the Word - Monday, May 8

And the word of God increased… (Acts 6:7)..

If you study the portion of Scripture referenced above in context, you’ll realize that the Word didn’t increase without the disciples. At this time, all they had was the spoken Word; they didn’t have the epistles or the written Word about Jesus. They went everywhere preaching what they heard and saw. So, the Word increased because they increased. The Word went forth in them, and anyone who tried to persecute them, persecuted the Word. That’s what Jesus said from heaven when Saul of Tarsus was persecuting the Church (Acts 9:4,5).

In Acts 12:24, it gets better, “But the word of God grew and multiplied.”We previously read that the Word of God increased, but it’s not enough to increase; there’s got to be growth and also multiplication. Imagine that as a Pastor, your church is increasing, and then the Lord says to you, “You’ve got to move to the next level; you’ve got to grow.” How’s that going to happen? It’ll be by the Word: As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby”(1 Peter 2:2). 2 Peter 3:18 also says, But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

There’re people who will come to church because they love the music in Church; that’s nice. But until and unless the Word of God is what everyone in church wants and looks forward to—there will be no growth. The Lord Jesus said the one who feeds on His Word is like a house that’s built on a rock; the floods and the winds came and beat against it, but the house remained standing.

Build your life on the Word and you’ll be unshakeable. You’ll grow, make progress and multiply. When you multiply, you add more growth. The Bible says, “So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed” (Acts 19:20). At this level, you’re not just multiplying; you’re prevailing. You no longer pray against challenges; they crumble before you. You’ll have no fear of persecution or crises; the Word of God has made you more than a conqueror.

Confession....
The Word of God is alive in me. I’m making progress and profiting in all areas of my life through the Word. I’m flourishing like the palm tree, luxuriant and luscious like a well-watered garden. I’m fruitful and productive, bearing fruits of righteousness, and pleasing the Father in all things. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Psalm 92:12-13
The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:1-26, 1 Kings 1
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:34-9:1, Numbers 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On May 10, 2017
Discover Jesus - Tuesday, May 9th. .

Pastor Chris

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5).

Man doesn’t know reality until he finds Jesus, the Son of the living God. But who exactly is Jesus, the man of Galilee?

First, He’s the Word-incarnate. This is an amazing truth. Think about it: Your word is the expression of who you are. It’s the expression of your views, opinions, thoughts, emotions, and ideas. In the same way, the Word of God is the totality of God’s thoughts, ideas, opinions, will, and emotions. John 1:14 tells us that God’s Word was personified, and the result was the man, Jesus: “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

He’s the expression of the thoughts, will, and emotions of God. His laughter was God laughing; His smiles were the smiles of God. When He stretched out His hand, that was God stretching out His hand. When He loved, that was God’s love manifested. Everything He did was the expression of God.

Secondly, He’s the expression of God’s person. This means He’s the character and essence of God. The Bible tells us something beautiful about Him in Hebrews 1:3: “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person. He’s the perfect personification of the abstract idealism of God. In the world, the term, “God” doesn’t convey a person; it conveys an idea. God doesn’t make sense to the human mind, because they can’t find or define Him. The Bible, however, presents Jesus as God’s perfect imprint, the icon of the unseen God.

Thirdly, Jesus Christ is the glory of the Father. He’s the outshining of the Father’s glory. What does this mean? Imagine the filament of a light bulb. When electric current passes through, it glows. The filament is like the Father: He’s the power, but the outshining is Jesus; He’s the radiance or light that comes from the Father.

The world doesn’t understand why we can be so passionate about the man, Jesus. Until you know Jesus, God will only be an idea to you. Your search, stops when you meet this awesome, glorious, Lord of heaven and earth. That’s why we tell people, “Discover Jesus!” When you discover Him, you discover reality; you discover life.

Confession...
As Jesus is, so am I; I’m one with Him! In Him I live, and move and have my being. I have His righteousness, life, and nature in me. I’m the effulgence of His glory and the express image of His person. Therefore, I think, act, and live as His perfect representation. Hallelujah!

Further Study

Colossians 1:15-19
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

Hebrews 1:1-4
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:27-54, 1 Kings 2-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:2-13, Numbers 12

Next

The Language Of Victors - Wednesday, May 10th .

Pastor Chris

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

1 John 5:4 says, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” As Christians, we’re victorious in Christ Jesus, and we maintain our victory by speaking faith-filled words. We speak the language of victors. We speak righteousness, success, and excellence only. The Apostle Paul calls our language “the wisdom of God”: “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world….But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery…”(1 Corinthians 2:6-7).

Never be among those whining and griping over the dwindling state of the world’s economy or the darkness in the world; rather, speak the wisdom of God! Affirm what Jesus said about you: “Ye are the light of the world…” (Matthew 5:14). Declare that ideas, solutions, joy, fulfilment, and direction are flowing through you; you’re making things happen; you’re teaching the world how to live.
When someone says, “Business is really down these days,” you say, “No, business is booming; it’s better now than ever!” Job 22:29 says, “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up….” That’s how victors talk; they respond to circumstances and situations with the Word; they say what God has said. Hebrews 13:5-6 says, “…he hath said…So that we may boldly say….”

If you’ve been experiencing symptoms of an ailment, for example, don’t voice the symptoms; declare healing and health. If you were feeling weak, declare that you’re strengthened and invigorated with might by the Holy Ghost in your inner man. Affirm that the life of God in you is superior, and therefore, destroys and dispels every sickness, disease, and pain from your body.

Keep affirming your righteousness and triumphant life in Christ! Reign and rule over circumstances with the Word of faith in your mouth.

Confession...
I declare that I’m triumphant, victorious, prosperous, and successful in all things. My life is for the glory of God, and His righteousness is expressed in, and through me. I’m like a tree planted by the streams, fruitful, productive, and luscious. Thank you precious Father, for making my life so beautiful!

Further Study:
Proverbs 18:21Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Mark 11:22-23
22.And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:1-30,1 Kings 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:14-29,Numbers 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:31am On May 11, 2017
Elevated to His Class - Thursday, May 11.

Pastor Chris

But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17).

1 Corinthians 1:9 says God has called us into fellowship (oneness) with His Son Jesus Christ. This is bigger than what the natural mind can conceive, and that’s why some Christians don’t understand it. To be called into the fellowship of Jesus Christ means you’ve been brought into His class; you’re in partnership with Him and participate in His interests. In Him you live, and move, and have your being (Acts 17:28).

You’re not an ordinary person; you’re a joint heir with the Monarch of the universe (Romans 8:17). You’re a member of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones (Ephesians 5:30); meaning you can’t go anywhere or do anything without Him. He’s in you and with you always to guarantee your success in life. No wonder He said that if you’re severed from Him, you can do nothing: “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing” (John 15:5).

Peter describes our fraternal union with Him rather beautifully; he calls us “Partakers of the divine nature”; associates of the God-kind (2 Peter 1:4). This means we’re in God’s class, having the same life, nature and character with Him. Now we can think like Him, because we have the same mind with Him (1 Corinthians 2:16). We can express and manifest His glory and His righteousness because we’re the epitome of His righteousness, as we’re the effulgence of His glory.

This is Christianity! That God would bring man into His own class of being! We’re superstars from Zion. We’re superior to Satan, and have dominion over the forces of darkness! Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the oneness and fellowship I enjoy with you through the Holy Spirit that lives in me. Your divine presence in me makes me more than a man. I’m an associate of the God-kind; I live triumphantly above the influences of the world, walking in dominion over Satan and the forces of darkness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Colossians 2:10
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 5:31-47, 1 Kings 7-8
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 9:30-37, Numbers 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On May 12, 2017
Glorify God In Your Body - Friday, May 12th .
Pastor Chris

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19).

Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit; it’s God’s house. 1 Corinthians 6:20 says, “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” You’re to glorify God in your body as well as your spirit. This means you can’t afford to have your body ravaged by sin, Satan, sickness and disease. You must say, “No” to the devil, to cancer, asthma, leukemia, or any kind of sickness or infection! Declare, “No illegal transaction of the enemy can take place in my body, because the Holy Ghost lives in me!”

Understand that though your body is God’s house, it’s your responsibility to keep it flourishing in health. You have the right to decide what happens in your body. Romans 8:13 says, “For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” This means you’re to put to death or disallow the misdeeds or wrong actions prompted by the body. Paul, writing to the Corinthian Church, explains that we’ll all give account to the Lord for whatever we allow in our physical bodies (2 Corinthians 5:10).

It makes no difference how much Satan has attacked and tried to ravage your body. Maybe you’re unable to walk, this is the time to take charge! Command strength into your limbs in the Name of Jesus; declare that you’re strong, healthy and sound. Affirm vigorously that irrespective of the trouble in your body, greater is He that’s in you, than he that’s in the world. The glory of God in your spirit impacts your physical body, ridding it of every pain or infection. Refuse to accommodate any trouble in your body; demand a restoration in the Name of Jesus, and there’ll be a change.

Jesus said, “…Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven…” (Matthew 18:18). The word “bind” also means “forbid” or “disallow.” Therefore, whatsoever you forbid or disallow in your body shall be forbidden or disallowed in heaven. Speak health and life to your body and give yourself enough rest when it’s necessary. Your body was made for beauty and for glory. Therefore, glorify God in your body.

Prayer...
_Dear Father, thank you for showing me my responsibility as it pertains to my physical body. I vehemently refuse sickness, disease, and weakness. I’m vitalized, quickened and energized in my physical body by the Spirit that dwells in me. I live in higher planes of life where I reign in righteousness, through Christ Jesus. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

Romans 8:10
And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:1-24, 1 Kings 9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:38-50, Numbers 15

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by zeongeon: 12:39pm On May 12, 2017
if you have testimonies on the supernatural or your interested in the supernatural then you may want to join this whatsapp community were we seek to discuss things rarely discussed from divine healing, angelic experiences, Astra projection, restoration etc.. Share your stories, talk about strange but true events and also learn too.

use the link below to join

https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/4tmUk0OkFhU9zTGb1Zpq3v
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:23am On May 14, 2017
Access To Greater Wisdom - Sunday, May 14th

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Notice that the verse above doesn’t say, “…Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us Lord and saviour….” Yes, He’s our Lord and Saviour, but that’s about all that many Christians know Him as. He’s however also our wisdom, our righteousness, our sanctification and our redemption. Howbeit, in our study today, we’ll major on Him as our wisdom. Christ is your wisdom. Do you know what that means?

We all celebrate and admire Solomon for being the wisest man that ever lived, but Christ, the embodiment of wisdom Himself, lives in you. That completely outshines what Solomon had. You don’t operate with human wisdom anymore; you have access to greater wisdom. You have accurate insight into reality. You have understanding of the deepest things in life, and the ability to reason and act right. That’s the operation of the wisdom of Christ in you: a guiding force or inner working power that leads you and causes you to make the right decisions.

Christ being your wisdom means you’re excellent all the way. He makes you think what you should think, say what you should say, and do what you should do at the right time, in God’s way, for God’s purpose. This is what’s been made available to you in Christ Jesus. You have such extraordinary amplitude of comprehension, superior mental as well as supernatural sagacity to excel in all that you do: in your job, business, academics, finances, ministry, etc.

How could you ever fail, when Christ, in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, lives in you? How could you ever be confused in life? There’s nothing that’s beyond your scope of understanding! You can know anything; you have astute insight and discernment into things that others find difficult to unravel, because inside you are concealed all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you, for I’m in Christ, in whom are hid all the treasures of knowledge. wisdom and Therefore, I’m innovative, creative, inventive and ingenious. I always function with supernatural amplitude of comprehension, thinking excellent thoughts, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

1 Corinthians 2:6-7
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:60-71, 1 Kings 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:13-22, Numbers 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2017
Christianity Is A Real Life - Monday, May 15th

Pastor Chris

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

When we say Christianity isn’t a religion, there’re those who wonder, “What exactly is the difference?” There’s a great difference. Even though there’s religion in Christianity, Christianity in itself is a real life. Religion is about man’s belief in what he assumes to be: some divine being or some form of spirituality or spiritual consciousness to which he devotes himself. In other words, it’s man’s exploration of that which is spiritually unknown. In religion, man tries to find out if there’s a God. He then hopes that whatever he does will be pleasing to that “spiritual being,” whoever it is, and that he might get some help or recognition from him.

Another part of religion is that man realizes he’s more than a physical body; he has the intuition that he might be a spiritual being and purposes to find out about it. Therefore, he starts dabbling into ideas and activities that might give him some consciousness of the spiritual. All that is religion, but still not even the “Christian religion”; remember we said there’s religion in Christianity, even though Christianity itself isn’t a religion.

The Bible tells us the religion in Christianity: “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world” (James 1:27). But this won’t save you. As Christians, we’re instructed to help the needy, but that’s just one part of what Christians do. You could call that the religious part of Christianity, but Christianity, essentially, is God at work in a man; it’s divinity alive in humanity. It’s the outworking or revelation of the spiritual, in the message of Jesus Christ through human vessels. It’s a living relationship, a fellowship with a living God.

In Christianity, the divine life of Jesus Christ is imparted to the believer’s. So, when you received Christ into your heart, it was a real experience; something actually happened: Christ took up His abode in you. It’s not an assumption, a speculation, a conjecture or a theory; it’s real. You received the pulsating life and nature of God into your spirit. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Blessed Father, I thank you for the life of the risen Christ in me. I’m forever grateful for making my heart your home. I walk in the light of my transcendent life in Christ, exuding divine excellence, manifesting power, righteousness, and dominion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:1-24, 1 Kings 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:23-31, Numbers 18

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:00am On May 16, 2017
The Spoken…Written…And Incarnate Word - Tuesday, May 16th .
Pastor Chris

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us… (John 1:14).

God’s Word first came to man as the “Spoken Word.” The Bible shows that He spoke directly to men, such as Moses, Joshua, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He also spoke to men through angels (Hebrews 2:2).

In Hebrews 1:1, we read that God spoke to the fathers through the prophets. He then commanded the prophets to put the message He gave them into writing. Thus, from the Spoken Word, we got the “Written Word,” given for the purpose of witness and evidence. With the Written Word, God’s people could compare His message given to different prophets, at different times, and see a consistency. This way, they’d always know what to do, where to go, and how God wanted them to live.

God yet moved further, and this time He spoke His Word in a most remarkable way, through the Man, Christ Jesus—the Word incarnate. The Word became flesh. Since God had already given His people the Written Word, it was easy to judge and examine if anyone who claimed to be the Messiah was right or wrong. John 1:45 declares, “…We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth….”

After the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we see a new dispensation of the “Spoken Word.” This time, God wasn’t speaking through the prophets of the Old Testament, but through the Apostles, and then those who believed in their message. In Mark 16:15, Jesus said to His disciples, “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” They took the message to others, and many believed it. The same message was given to you and you believed it.

Something special and extraordinary happened when you believed and received the Word: He (the Word) incarnated in you; He took up His abode in you. Now, He’s living out Himself in you! You’re God’s voice, His hands, His legs, and His temple. You’re the reproduction of the Word. 1 Peter 1:23 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” 2 Corinthians 3:3 describes you as the epistle of Christ. You’re Christ’s message to the world! Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word is truth, and it’s eternal. I’m the reproduction of the Word, and my life is the expression of your will, thoughts, ideas, and opinions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 3 [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 7:25-8:1-11, 1 Kings 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:32-45, Numbers 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:27am On May 17, 2017
The Written Word Is For Meditation - Wednesday, May 17th

Pastor Chris

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

In our previous study, we alluded to the fact that God commanded His prophets to write the Word for the purpose of witness and evidence. But there was something more—a better purpose for which He wanted the Word written: It was for meditation. Having the Word in written form created images in their minds, far better than what anyone could tell them. They could read it repeatedly, and communicate the same truths, without having to alter any word or sentence.

When you deliver information by oral tradition, there’re bound to be changes as it moves from one generation to another; but not when it’s written. When it’s written, the substance or core of the message is retained. That’s how come today you can read, recite, and meditate on the Word in its originality. Moreover, what you meditate upon feeds your spirit, and literally transforms you. That’s why God wrote the Law for Moses on tablets of stone. Even when the tablets got broken, God commanded Him to get another set, and he did, and gave it to the children of Israel, commanding them to meditate on it. He knew that if they meditated on it long enough, it would produce results and cause them to live and act accordingly.

There’re Christians who have a hard time following God’s Word and His ways of doing things. It’s because they don’t spend time to meditate on the Scriptures. If you’d meditate on God’s Word, you wouldn’t need to make an effort to act in line with it. Joshua 1:8 says, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do….” Notice it doesn’t say, “…and thou mayest observe”; it’s not another commandment. It says, “so you may observe to do.” Meditation on God’s Word will compel your actions to be in sync with His message. Success and prosperity result from meditating on the Word.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your Word that dwells richly in my heart; its power is activated for transformation in my life today, as I study and meditate thereon. I’m victorious and flourishing, having significant attainments, and persistent productivity in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Habakkuk 2:2
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

1 John 1:1-4
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink 3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:12-30, 1 Kings 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:46-52, Numbers 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2017
Emulate Him in your love -walk - Thursday, May 18

Pastor Chris

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith (Galatians 5:22).

Your maturity as a Christian is measured by the love of God that you express to others. Romans 13:8-10 says, “Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law….love is the fulfilling of the law.” 1 John 3:14 says, “We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.”

The new creation is created to love. Observe our opening verse again; it doesn’t say, “But the fruits of the spirit are…”; rather, it’s specific. It says, “…the fruit of the spirit is love…,” letting you know that love is the dominant fruit of the recreated human spirit. It’s important that you understand and walk in the dimensions of God’s love.

In Ephesians 3:16-19, Paul reveals the four dimensions of God’s love: the breadth, length, depth, and height of His love. He then prays for the Church to comprehend these facets of divine love: “...that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God” (Ephesians 3:17-19).

You can only give of what you have, and the more you have of a thing, the more of it you can give. So, how full are you of His love? How much can your love give, and how much can it endure?

The Lord Jesus said in John 13:35, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” Let love flow out freely through you at all times. Let your words and actions be love-motivated, because only such receive God’s blessings and approval. God, in Christ, demonstrated His love, and also gave you the ability to love like Him (Romans 5:5).

Emulate Him in your love-walk. “THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]. And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance” (Ephesians 5:1-2 AMP).

Confession...
I have the ability to love like my heavenly Father. Everyone I meet is touched and impacted by the love of God that flows through me. I rejoice exceedingly for the great love with which the Father loves me, and the ability He’s given me to express His love to others. Glory to God!

Further Study:
Ephesians 5:1-2
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

1 John 4:8-12
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 15:9
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 8:31-47, 1 Kings 22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 11:1-11, Numbers 21

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 278
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.