Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250574 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:57am On Dec 29, 2016
Using Words Rightly - Thursday, December 29th

Pastor Chris

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matthew 12:37).

The Bible shows us the importance of words as it pertains to salvation. Romans 10:9 says, “...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” This is the Bible way to receive salvation.

A man will go either to heaven or to hell on the basis of his confession; what he said or didn’t say. If he spoke the words that God said to speak for salvation, he’d be catapulted into salvation and will eventually go to heaven. But if he didn’t, he’d go to hell, and that’s not because of what he did wrong, but because of what he didn’t say. The acknowledgement and confession of the Lordship of Jesus Christ is the God-ordained way to receive salvation. Legally, the whole world has been saved. Jesus died for everybody. However, for the salvation that He brought to be a vital reality for anyone, that person must speak the right words.

Salvation is a big word; it encapsulates all that the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ consummated for us. In salvation, you have deliverance, protection, divine health, preservation, prosperity, peace, victory, success, the extraordinary life of righteousness, etc. To enjoy all of these require the use of words. There’re blessings untold for the one who’s born again, but to enjoy them, you must acknowledge and speak them forth.

All that some Christians have known is a life of struggle and defeat. They aren’t enjoying themselves in salvation and in the Christian life, and they don’t know why. It’s because they aren’t living according to what God said. They aren’t using words rightly. To live the authentic Christian life, you have to speak the right words. To keep yourself in the course that God has set for you, you have to have a wholesome tongue.

1 Peter 3:10 says anyone who wants to enjoy life and see good days must use words rightly. Where you are today in life is a reflection of what you’ve been saying all your life. Create the future you desire! Speak words that are consistent with the glorious life of righteousness, peace, health, wealth and joy that God has made available to you in Christ Jesus.

Prayer...
I’m a doer of the Word; therefore, I’m preserved and sustained in the divine life. Thank you, Father, for making me a partaker of your indestructible, indomitable, and imperishable life. Your glory and your righteousness are revealed in me today, as I speak and apply the Word in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 20, Zechariah 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21:13-27, Zechariah 13-14

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:19am On Dec 30, 2016
You Have Nothing To Fear - Friday, December 30th

Pastor Chris

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness (Romans 8:10).

Being born again, you have nothing to fear, because the Holy Spirit lives in you. There’s a divine impact of His divine presence and power on your physical body that keeps it immune to sickness, diseases, and infirmities. Even at the worst case scenario: if your physical body has already been so ravaged, battered and bruised by sickness and disease, the Holy Spirit will revitalise and restore life back to it. That’s what we read in our opening verse. A better rendering is, “But if Christ lives in you, though your body be dead because of sin, the Spirit gives it life because of righteousness.”

The Holy Spirit raised the dead body of Jesus back to life; that same Spirit lives in you today. Romans 8:11 says, “And if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead, lives in you, that same Spirit shall give life to your mortal body.” This isn’t something futuristic; it’s something that happened at the instant the Holy Spirit took up His abode in you; He gave life to your hitherto mortal body. Your physical body is actually not mortal—death-doomed—anymore.

Therefore, if today you’re suffering terribly with sickness and disease, act on the Word. The power to make you whole isn’t coming from heaven; it’s in you. Declare, “The Holy Spirit lives in me and has given life to my physical body. My whole being is vitalised and energised by the divine power of the One who perambulates in me!” It makes no difference what the case is; if the health condition is so bad that you can’t declare it out loud, whisper it! If it’s so serious that you can’t even whisper, think it in your mind! When you whisper or contemplate it long enough, the Holy Spirit will overshadow you as He did the dead body of Jesus, and revitalise your entire being.

Understand something: the Holy Spirit is God, and He actually lives in you. That means the Healer, not just the healing power, lives in you! That settles the issue of sickness and disease forever. Therefore, if death has attacked your body through sickness, disease or infirmity, you have nothing to fear or worry about; trust the Healer in you to take care of it. He’ll restore you back to life! Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the divine impact of your Spirit—the Healer—on my physical body. I refuse to fear, for His presence in me paralyses, destroys, eliminates and dispels every form of sickness, disease or infirmity. Therefore, from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, I’m whole, sound, and excellent, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21, Malachi 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 22:1-10, Malachi 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:47am On Dec 31, 2016
See Good Things Happening For You - Saturday, December 31st

Pastor Chris

The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage (Psalm 16:6).

In Jeremiah 29:11 GNB, the Lord said something so beautiful; it reads, “I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.” How comforting and uplifting this is! As you look to the coming year, be optimistic, full of faith and expectation because He has made your life glorious and your future is bright.

You need not be apprehensive or fretful about the coming year. God has already seen the year ahead; to Him, it’s already in the past. He’s already done all that needs to be done for you to have extraordinary victories and success in 2017. He has already perfected everything for you; all you need is to stick to His Word; follow the guidance, direction and leading from the Spirit concerning the coming year. Be sure to attend our December 31 st Night Service onsite, online or via Satellite for that sure word from God that’ll position you for transcendental blessings, and a triumphant 2017.

God already prearranged and made ready the good life for you to live. Refuse to be moved by the challenges and cares of this present moment! Jesus said, “...Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on....” (Matthew 6:25-26). God doesn’t want you to be anxious about the future. He wants you, rather, to “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanks giving let your requests be made known unto God” (Philippians 4:6).

Keep your focus on the Word. Follow the Lord in the Word, and through the Word with all your heart. God’s Word is dependable and guaranteed to produce results. When you trust in the Lord and in His eternal Word, it doesn’t matter the heat or hardship others may experience, your path will be one of continual victory, progress, peace, health, and joy. Good things will keep happening for you, with you, and through you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, my trust is in you for an extraordinary 2017, filled with blessings, testimonies, and miracles. I’m excited to know that you’ve made my life glorious, and my future is bright; you’ve perfected all that concerns me, and granted me all that I need to live a successful life. Thank you for leading me in the path of your righteousness, wisdom, and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Psalm 16:6
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant [places]; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-year Bible Reading Plan : Revelation 22, Malachi 3-4

2-year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 22:11-21,
Malachi 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:46am On Jan 01, 2017
Discover His Plan And Fulfill It - Sunday, January 1

Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter (Psalm 74:17).

Nobody can be more or do more than what God has allotted to him. In other words, you can't achieve more than whatever God has planned and destined for you to achieve; you'll not go beyond it. Our opening verse says, "He has set all the borders of the earth...." He set the boundaries that no one can go beyond. So, the wise thing to do is to discover what God wants you to do, and then, go all out to fulfil it.

God will always send you the word that's meant for you. He gives us the Word for the year, to guide our thinking, planning and actions. That word is for you to live by; take it and run with it. You can be as successful as God has ordained for you to be this year if you'd walk with Him by the Word, through the Spirit. True success is achieving God's set goals for you at different levels of your life.

Measure your success by what you do with the Word of God, and how you live to fulfil God's purpose for your life. Be definite about the things you want to achieve for the Lord and run with the visions He unveils to your spirit. Take some time to fast, pray, and meditate on the Word for the year, and as you do, you'll be better positioned to experience the victories and blessings ordained for you by the Spirit.

The more you study the Word, the more you discover God's plan for your life, and know exactly how He wants you to live.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, you're able to carry out your purpose in me, doing superabundantly, far over and above, and infinitely beyond my desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams. You're mightily at work in me, both to will and to do your good pleasure and delight. I'm guided by your Word, to fulfil your purpose for my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Proverbs 19:21 MSG
Ephesians 2:10 AMP
Ephesians 1:11

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 1 Genesis 1-2

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 1:1-14 Genesis l
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Think Highly Of Yourself - Tuesday, January 3rd.

Pastor Chris

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

Some people’s understanding of our opening verse is that we should not think highly of ourselves, but that’s not what the Spirit is saying to us here through the Apostle Paul. God wants you to think highly of yourself, but not more highly than you ought to think. In other words, don’t think you’re higher than your fellow brothers or sisters in Christ. That’ll be pride, and God resists the proud.

You, however, have to think highly of yourself, because you’re valuable to God; you’re special; you’re royalty. To be seated with Christ in the heavenly realms means you’ve been raised high: “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6). Ephesians 1:21 gives further insight into your exalted position in Christ: “Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.” Do you see how high you are in Christ?

The Lord Jesus has been set far above all the different classes of spiritual beings: principalities, powers, might or thrones, dominions and every name that is named, and you’re in Him. The Father set Him in this high place of glory, placed all things under His feet, and legally declared Him to be the head over all things for the benefit of the Church (Ephesians 1:22-23). The Church is His body; you’re seated with Him in the place of authority. That’s how high you are.

Think highly of yourself, because you’re chosen, royal and peculiar. You’re one of a kind! Read God’s description of you in 1 Peter 2:9 (AMP): “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I’m seated with Christ, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come! I carry myself with dignity, knowing my great value and worth in Christ Jesus; I’m chosen, royal and peculiar! Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Peter 2:9 AMP
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God's] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3, Genesis 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 2:1-12, Genesis 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2017
Build Your Faith Strong - Wednesday, January 4th

Pastor Chris

…God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

Observe what our opening verse says: God has given to every man the measure of faith. This doesn’t suggest that God is going to give you faith when you pray hard or fast long enough; He’s already done it. He’s given you “the measure of faith,” not “a measure of faith.” This means each one of us was given the same measure of faith when we received the Gospel.

According to the Lord Jesus, even the smallest ounce of faith can move mountains; it can do the impossible: “…verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20). The Lord however doesn’t want you to remain at the level of small or mustard-seed faith; He wants your faith to grow and be strong. Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. The emphasis is on “hearing,” that is, the continued bombardment of your spirit with the Wordof God. But the way to build your faith strong and make it effective is by exercising it; that is, acting on the Word.

Your faith will be weak if you don’t exercise it. It’s like someone who keeps eating but doesn’t exercise; his muscles will grow big but weak. In the same manner, God’s Word is food to your spirit. If you keep receiving God’s Word and do nothing with it, your faith will be weak. Weak faith causes people to stagger, and as a result, fear grips them and they’re defeated by the crises of life. However, the cure for weak faith is putting the Word to work; acting on the Word.

The more you meditate on God’s Word, and put it to work, the greater, and stronger your faith. The Bible says about Abraham, “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God” (Romans 4:20). Build your faith strong by using it even in the seemingly small or simple matters of life. Exercise your faith all the time. Don’t allow that headache; use your faith against it. Do you require wisdom to move your business to the next level? Act on the Word, and build your faith strong.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that bolsters faith in my spirit and causes me to see and do the impossible. I’m developing my faith and building it strong by meditating, declaring and acting on the Word. I live in victory, always and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 24:10
[If] thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength [is] small.

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 4,
Genesis 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 2:13-23,
Genesis 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2017
Win Them Back...Thursday, January 5th ..

Pastor Chris..

…bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found...(Luke 15:23-24).

In a church, particularly one with a large congregation, it’s possible for some members to be inconsistent in their attendance; some may even have stopped coming altogether. This may not be immediately obvious, especially if the church is always full during the services. As Christians and soul winners, we should be concerned enough to know if anyone in our congregation has strayed away or fallen by the wayside.

Soul winning must have accountability; we have to be accountable for the souls the Lord has given to us. In Luke 15, the Lord Jesus told the parable of a shepherd with one hundred sheep. One of them got missing, and he left the ninety-nine in the wilderness to search for the missing sheep. When he found it, he carried it home rejoicing, and invited his friends and neighbours to celebrate with him. Then, Jesus said, “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance” (Luke 15:7).

Jesus was preaching here to the Jews. He was talking to them about the lost. Understand that He wasn’t talking about one who had never come to the Lord, but one who had strayed away. There’s a difference between the one who has never been inside (the church) and the one who was inside, but strayed away. Remember, Jesus was dealing with Old Testament church here; so He wasn’t referring to the lost sinners of the world. Matthew 10:5-6 says, “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

The Lord is sending you today to that brother who went back into the world or to that sister who no longer comes to church. Don’t give up on them; find them, intercede for them and win them back. When you bring them back, the Bible says there’ll be great joy in heaven. This is something you have to do.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for making me genuinely concerned about your children who have strayed from the way. My bowels of compassion are opened to intercede for them. I pray that Christ be formed in them, and that they’d be established, rooted and grounded in your love, being fully persuaded that in you alone lie their joy and total fulfilment, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:14-17
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Galatians 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:1-20, Genesis 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3:1-9, Genesis 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:59am On Jan 06, 2017
Shine Brightly - Friday, January 6th

Pastor Chris

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light ( 1 Peter 2:9).

The Bible says He has called us into His marvelous, overwhelming light. This means we dwell in light; we’re children of light. Jesus also stated this in Matthew 5:14: “Ye are the light of the world...” What a blessing! What an honour! What a commission! What a calling. We’re the light of the world!

To get the full import of this truth, you have to first understand what light is. Light is that which makes manifest. Light describes. Ephesians 5:13 says, “But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.” In other words, light shows you what’s present. It leads you in the way and gives direction. Light brings fulfilment and joy.

When you show up, darkness disappears. Darkness represents sin, death, evil and all the negative things that are associated with Satan. Jesus said: “…I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12). Like Jesus, you’re the light of the world, and have the light of life. You’ve been brought out of darkness into the supernatural life of glory. Arise and shine. Refuse to allow the works of darkness manifest themselves in your life, for there’s no darkness in your life.

Matthew 5:16 says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Don’t just shine; shine brightly. Let the intensity of your light dazzle and discomfit Satan, his demons and the negative works of darkness. Let it inspire men to praise and glorify your heavenly Father, as they see and experience your good works—your works of righteousness.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the glorious heritage I have in you. You’ve made me a burning and a shining light, and I shine ever so brightly in a dark world, radiating your glory to all men, and manifesting works of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 60:1-2
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:21-48, Genesis 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3:10-17, Genesis 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Jan 07, 2017
No Worries - Saturday, January 7th

Pastor Chris

Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).

As a child of God, no matter the situation you’re faced with, refuse to worry. Refuse to fear or be apprehensive over anything. Never find yourself up all night, because you think if you sleep, something unpleasant may happen to you; stop the fear, and stop the worry. You can’t be awake, watching over yourself, at the same time that God is watching over you.

The Bible says, “…he giveth his beloved sleep” (Psalm 127:2). Psalm 121:3-4 says, “He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” He’s awake so you can sleep. So, rather than be afraid at night and keep awake, you say, “Father, I’m so glad you’re awake; you take care of things while I sleep, because you give your beloved sleep, and I’m your beloved”; then you go to sleep.

1 Peter 5:7 says, “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” He cares for you. So, there’s no need to fret. There’re people who feel if they don’t worry enough, they’re not alive; they have to worry to feel alive, but that’s not the life of a Christian. The Word of God has instructed us not to be anxious. It doesn’t matter what you hear; whatever news is making the headlines has nothing to do with you, because you’re not of this world; you operate from a higher realm of glory.

Don’t let the negative information from the world change your countenance. When things look rough and tough, don’t get ruffled; that’s the time to sing and rejoice, declaring God’s Word. The Bible says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). Put on a kind smile even now, for the Word has spoken about your situation. You’ve already overcome the adversary and all adversities: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

Confession....
The joy of the Lord is my strength. The Holy Spirit living in me has filled me with courage and supernatural ability to be a blessing to my world, manifesting the virtues and perfections of divinity. God’s righteousness, peace, joy, and excellence exude from me, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 1:7-9
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

Luke 12:22-30
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat, and the body [is more] than raiment. 24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? 25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 6:1-18,
Genesis 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 4:1-11,
Genesis 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
A Daily Life Of Praise And Thanksgiving - Monday, January 9th

Pastor Chris

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1:12).

The Bible says God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3). This is enough to make you ecstatic with gratitude to the Lord every day of your life. How could anyone read or hear that and still be complaining? God wants us to give thanks every day, not complaints. The Scripture is clear in saying that this is the will of God concerning you: “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

A life of daily thanksgiving, however, doesn’t suggest a life devoid of challenges. Challenges may come, but in the midst of it all, lift your hands and say, “Lord, I give thanks, for greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world.” There’s no need to complain or grumble about any situation; as a child of God, you were born into victory; you can’t be disadvantaged.

Romans 8:28 says, “…we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” This is why the Lord expects you to always give thanks. Even now, lift your hands and give thanks because you’ve overcome the world; you’re more than a conqueror!

In the same prayer of Paul, where the Lord expressed His desire for us to be fruitful in every good work, He also tells us to give thanks: “That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work…Giving thanks unto the Father…” (Colossians 1:10-12). Complainers can’t be fruitful in every good work; they can’t be effective soul winners. Instead, complainers gripe about their perceived misfortune. Don’t be that way; rather, give thanks.

David said, “…I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth” (Psalm 34:1). Keep His praise in your mouth, not sometimes, but always. That’s how victors live: they don’t complain; they praise; they give thanks to the Lord. Make it your lifestyle and you’ll always find angels mobilized on your behalf. A lifestyle of gratitude will continually attract blessings and favour to you, giving you more reasons to give thanks! Hallelujah.

Confession...
Dear Father, I give thanks to you, because my life is a well-watered garden, producing excellent fruits in and out of season. I win always, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
1 Chronicles 16:8-10
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. 9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. 10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

Psalms 30:4
Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 AMP
Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 7:7-29, Genesis 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:1-10, Genesis 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
Man is a Spirit Being - Thursday, January 12

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).

Of all the creations of God in the earth, only man was created a spirit being. The Bible shows us that God made man in His own image and after His likeness (Genesis 1:26). He made us in His image to look like Him, and in His likeness to function like Him. We’re not like animals: dogs, cats, horses, monkeys, and baboons. We’re spirit beings.

The account of creation in the Book of Genesis shows how all animals and plants came into being by God’s Word. But in the creation of man, two important words are noticed. The first is the word, “created” in Genesis 1:27: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him...” Then in Genesis 2:7, the Bible says, “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7).

These two expressions, “created” and “formed,” are sometimes used interchangeably by people, but they’re different. The difference isn’t mere semantics, but in the description of God’s original purpose: His plan and vision for man. When God “created” man in His image and in His likeness, no one could see the created man, because this had to do with the human spirit. Though no one could see him (the created man), God knew him, for he was in God.

Then, the Bible says God formed man from the dust of the ground, referring to man’s physical body. After He formed man, He breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. That was when He introduced the spirit-man He had created into the physical body that He formed, and man became a living soul. That’s what makes him different from all the other animals. You’re primarily a spirit, and not a physical body; and the real food for the human spirit is the Word of God.

Jesus said in Matthew 4:4, “...Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). The development of the human spirit is only through the Word. You’re built through the Word and sustained through the Word. 1 Peter 2:2 says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”

Prayer...
Precious Father, your Word is my delight! I’m nourished, edified and transformed by your Word today. I’m joined to the Lord, and I’ve become one spirit with Him. Therefore, I’m sanctified wholly, preserved blameless, spirit, soul and body, unto the coming of the Lord. Amen.

Further Study :
Jeremiah 15:16
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy joy to ye you you fand rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 9:18-38 Genesis 29-30

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Matthew 5:31-40 Genesis 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Jan 13, 2017
Godliness Is About Your Conduct - Friday, January 13th .

Pastor Chris

But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness (1 Timothy 4:7).

The word “godliness” above actually means piety towards God, piety to spiritual or godly activities. It means devotion. It doesn’t refer to inner righteousness or inherent holiness. It’s about the things you do, how you respond to God, and to the things of God. For instance, there’s a way you ought to behave when you come into the house of God, because church isn’t like everywhere else. It’s a place of worship. There’s an attitude of reverence you ought to have when you come to church.

Godliness is about your demeanour. Your dressing matters; some piety is necessary in your dressing. There’s a decency that goes with the Spirit of God, and that decency must be in your life. There’re outward things that people should see in you, and say, “Yes, this is a Christian.” They can’t see it in your heart, but can see it in your character. That’s what godliness is about.

There’re movies you shouldn’t watch. There’re books or magazines you shouldn’t read. There’re places you just shouldn’t be found in, because you’re different. And if for any reason you find yourself in such places, you ought to go in there with godly piety. Yes, that’s the life you’ve been called to live. Your presence in a place should exude and transmit the righteousness of God, for you’re a tree of righteousness, producing fruits of righteousness.

Never lose sight of who you are; you’re different. You’re the symbol and embodiment of God’s glory, perfection, beauty, and righteousness. See and carry yourself as such: “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your righteousness as a gift, and inspiring in me the consciousness to walk in a perfect state of piety. I live true to my nature and calling in Christ as I bear fruits of righteousness and inspire many by my piety to spiritual and godly activities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 3:10-11
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Peter 1:5-7
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:1-23, Genesis 31-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:41-48, Genesis 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Submit to His will - Saturday, January 14

Pastor Chris

And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done (Luke 22:41-42).

In the opening scripture, we observe how the Lord Jesus agonized earnestly in prayer to the Father. The forty-fourth verse of Luke chapter twenty-two actually says, “And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.” It was a moment of decision for Jesus. In His prayer, He said, “…Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me….”

He was referring to His imminent spiritual death, and the fact that, by that death, the Father would turn His back on Him, because the sins of the world would be laid on Him. This was the cause of His indescribable anguish. He knew what was ahead at the cross, a separation from His Father. However, from the beginning, He had prophetically declared, “…Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God” (Hebrews 10:7).

He knew what the Father’s will was, and He came to fulfil it, as clearly spelt out in the Word. So, irrespective of the terrible experience, the painful separation from the Father, which He loathed, He submitted Himself to the Father’s will. He was the expression and fulfilment of the will of the Father. This is what your life must be about: the fulfilment of the will of the Father.

If you ever find yourself at the crossroads of life, choose the Father’s will. You might ask, “What if I don’t know His will concerning the issue?” That’s one of the reasons you have the Holy Spirit; ask Him, and He’ll reveal it to your spirit. In addition, as you study the Word and meditate, the will of God is unveiled to your spirit. God’s Word is His will expressed; His wisdom is in His Word. Therefore, when you act on the Word, you’re living out the will of God.

Don’t try to look for a “new” will of God; stay in the Word! In the moment of physical weakness and pain, hold on to the Word, and you’ll receive strength. The Bible says concerning Jesus in His moment of anguish: “And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him” (Luke 22:43). Who was that angel? The Holy Ghost! When you come to a crisis moment, pray earnestly, affirming the Word, and you’d receive strength to do the will of the Father.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for strengthening me by your Spirit to do your will always. You’re the one working in me, both to will and to do your good pleasure. My life is a daily expression of your will, and I fulfil your purpose and destiny for me with glory and joy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Romans 8:26-27
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:24-42, Genesis 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 6:1-13, Genesis 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2017
Think ...Talk ...and Act the Word - Sunday, January 15th

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

Being born again, you were born by the incorruptible Word of God. The Bible says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever” (1 Peter 1:23). So, you ought to learn how to use the Word of God. Learn to think, talk, and act as though the Word of God is true, because it is. Jesus said, “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy
word is truth” (John 17:17).

If you don’t think, talk and act as though the Word is true, what you’d have will be mere religion, and there’s no life in religion. The Bible says, “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away... Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth” (2 Timothy 3:5-7). You can bet your life on the Word; its integrity is unquestionable. The Word never fails, because it’s a spiritual law. Jesus said, “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away” (Mark 13:31).

Many years ago, I challenged myself to believe, talk and live the Word. The reason was simple: It’s not possible for someone to believe the Word of God and remain the same. I made up my mind to go for the Word, and live in the Word, and the result has been a life in one direction only: upward and forward; a life of constant victories and glory through the Word!

1 Timothy 4:15 says, “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.” This means that your progress, advancement, and prosperity will appear unto all as you yield to the Word. As you live-out the Word; as you think, talk, and act the Word, your success will spread abroad and become widely and openly known. Everyone will see that you’re making tremendous progress in every area of your life. It’s the ministry of the Word to make this happen for you.

Prayer...
Your Word, dear Father, is my daily meditation. In it, I have peace, security, wealth, health, and all the good things of life. Your Word in my spirit gives me the right mindset. My victory is assured because your Word is on my lips; and nothing is impossible to me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
2 Timothy 3:15-17 Joshua 1:8 AMP

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 11:1-30 Genesis 36-37

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Matthew 6:14-24 Genesis 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Jan 17, 2017
The "God-Men" - Tuesday, January 17th

Pastor Chris

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14).

The expression, “sons of God” isn’t a description of geniture or consanguineous relationship. When we say, for example, “Jesus Christ is the Son of God,” what that means is that Jesus Christ is the “God-man.” That’s why when Jesus told the Jews He is the Son of God, they wanted to stone Him to death. They understood what He meant; He was saying, “I’m the God-man”; that means God in human flesh.

Even the response from the Jews shows that, that was what He meant; they said, “How can you, a man, make yourself equal with God?” for that, they were ready to kill him, because in their religious mind, that was blasphemy. They understood He wasn’t just talking about his geniture, for they already knew Mary was his mother and assumed Joseph was his father. Until Jesus was raised from the dead, He wasn’t the ‘begotten’ of the Father. He became the ‘first begotten’ of the Father when He was raised from the dead, and the Father said to Him, “…Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee…” (Acts 13:32, 33; Colossians 1:18; Hebrews 1:5, 6).

That’s why the Bible says that Jesus heads-up the new creation. He’s called the “first,” and not the “only” begotten from the dead, because of the rest of us! When He died on the cross, He was our representative; we all died in Him. When God raised Him up, we were raised in Him. Thus, in Christ, you’re the god-man. Psalm 82:6 says, “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.” This was a prophetic language, because we’re born of the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the consistent education and training of my spirit through your Word. By the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me, I take my place, and fulfil my ministry as the god-man in my world, and I declare that only the righteousness of God prevails in my environment, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Peter 1:4 NLT
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.

1 John 4:17
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 12:22-50, Genesis 40-41

2-year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 7:1-12, Genesis 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:19am On Jan 18, 2017
The knowledge is in Our spirits - Wednesday, January 18th

Pastor Chris

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together (Romans 8:16-17).

Being born again, we have the witness in our spirits that we’re the children of God. Having received eternal life from Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God bears witness with your spirit; there’s a knowledge way down deep inside you that God is your Father. This isn’t an assumption! We have inside information, knowledge produced in us by the Holy Spirit that we’re born of God.

Notice the latter part of our opening scripture; it’s so beautiful. It says, “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;N if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” How could you be broke, or live an ordinary life, with the knowledge that you’re not only an heir of God, but also a joint heir with Christ? Do you know what it means to be a joint heir with Christ?

It means everything that belongs to Jesus Christ belongs to you, in the same way that it belongs to Him. He doesn’t own any more of it than you do. This isn’t your making; God made it so. That’s the grace of Jesus Christ. He’s brought you into oneness with Himself; into fellowship with Himself. Hallelujah! So, you can’t look to what your parents have, or what they don’t have; you’re a prosperous man already, because you’re a joint heir with Christ. The world belongs to you. Live and walk in this consciousness; you own the world.

Nothing can work to your disadvantage. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God….” Notice the phrase, “we know,” means that this isn’t an assumption!The knowledge that we’ve overcome the world is in our spirits; we’re more than conquerors and victors in Christ Jesus! It doesn’t matter how dark, gloomy or shaky things get, we have inside information, knowledge beyond the senses that they’ll surely turn out for our good! Hallelujah.

Confession...
I’m an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ; the world belongs to me. I know who I am. I’m a victor in Christ Jesus, supremely blessed, reigning and ruling with the Lord, who is my shepherd, my rock, refuge and shield. I live and walk in righteousness and abundance, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
:23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ [is] God's.

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Daily scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 13:1-23, Genesis 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 7:13-20, Genesis 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
Everything Has Intelligence - Friday, January 20th .

Pastor Chris

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God (Romans 8:19-21).

When you look around you, the materials formed and fabricated from natural elements are doing nothing, except what we have fabricated them to do. However, they can do much more; they can even hear you, because everything in life has intelligence.

Consider Moses, in Numbers 20:8. God said to him, “Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.”

The first time, the people were thirsty for water, God told Moses to take his rod in his hand, and in the sight of the elders of the people, strike the rock and it’d bring forth water. He did as the Lord commanded and water came forth. See Exodus 17:5-6. This time however, God told Moses to talk to the rock. Now, the point to note here is the fact that the rock had intelligence. God expected Moses to talk to it.

In Mark 11, the Bible tells us that Jesus spoke to a tree. He was hungry, and upon seeing a fig tree, He expected to find some fruits on it, but didn’t find any. The Bible says, “And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it” (Mark 11:14). First, notice that it says, “Jesus answered and said unto it (the tree)”; Jesus spoke to the tree. Secondly, His disciples heard him talk to the tree. By the next morning, the tree had died from its roots (Mark 11:21).

So you see, everything in life, living and non-living things, all have intelligence. The Bible says all creation is waiting, groaning in pains, for the manifestation of the sons of God. The whole creation has been subject to bondage, and travails to come into the liberty of the children of God. We’re the ones to set them at liberty. We’re the hope and light of the world. So, keep speaking life and blessings to your environment, to everything around you. Glory to God!

Confession ...
I’m a king and a priest unto God; therefore, the words of my mouth are spirit and they’re life! I give life to everything around me! Everything in my world, whether living or non-living, is constantly charged with life and vitality! Praise God!

Further Study:

Mark 11:22-24
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 13:44-14:12,Genesis 46-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan Matthew 8:1-11, Genesis 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:43am On Jan 21, 2017
Respond To The Word - Saturday, January 21st .

Pastor Chris

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

God wants us to believe and live His Word. He wants us to use the Word, to take His Word and speak it. He didn’t only give us His Word to quote, memorize or recite; He gave us His Word so we can respond to it accordingly. You have to agree with the Word, and speak it forth; that’s what produces result.

Consider the glorious words of the Psalmist penned for us in Psalm 23:1-4: The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” Here, we find David affirming God’s Word, making his personal faith-proclamations on the basis of God’s Word.

There’s no need griping over lack, your seeming inabilities, or lack of strength; there’s no need to be afraid or intimidated by the oppositions you face! There’s no need to faint or lose heart over anything! Affirm the Word. Take the Word of God and speak it! Declare, “I’m being led in the paths of righteousness. I’m walking in the glory of God and fulfilling my destiny of greatness in Him!”

Don’t say, “Lord, deliver me from evil”; rather, like David, say, “I fear no evil!” That means no matter the evil or adversities, you’re triumphant over them, because greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world (I John 4:4). Christ is in you (Colossians 1:27); and that means glory, fulfillment, joy, progress, and transcendental blessings in your life.

But you see, it’s not going to happen just because you’re a Christian; you must affirm it. When life looks like there’s darkness, and things look bleak, don’t despair; take the Word and speak it. Declare, “Christ is in me; therefore, I’ll only and always be triumphant!” Whatever God says to you is for your benefit, and requires the right response. So, respond by affirming what He’s already said concerning you in His Word.

Confession...
The Word of God in my mouth is God talking! As I take and speak the Word, my life is impacted and transformed into what the Word says, making me a living and walking epistle of Christ. Men see and take note of me that Christ is in me; as He is, so am I in this world. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 14:13-36, Genesis 49-50

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 8:12-22, Genesis 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Jan 22, 2017
Put your Body Under - Sunday, January 22nd

Pastor Chris

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).

As a child of God, one thing you have to consciously do is to put your body in subjection to the Word. There’re Christians who can’t undergo such a spiritual exercise as fasting. They just can’t fast for a reasonable period of time. Why? They’re too lazy! Once it’s time to fast, their bodies wouldn’t let them; they start struggling. That’s when they suddenly remember the cake that’s been in the fridge for weeks; a voracious appetite for food suddenly wells up in them and sustaining the fast becomes a struggle.

But the truth is, any time such a thing like this happens, your spirit will always talk to you; it’s just whether or not you’ll listen to your spirit. At such times when your body is trying to lord it over you, if you yield to your flesh rather than to your spirit, you’ll lose another opportunity to make your body conform to your spirit. In the day of trouble, your body will be the master, and God doesn’t want that.

The Apostle Paul, in our opening verse, said, “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway” (1 Corinthians 9:27). Every time there’s an opportunity for a spiritual exercise, take advantage of it. For example, when it’s time to pray, pray! Refuse to feel tired or sleepy; put away everything that’s likely to distract you, and discipline yourself to observe your prayer times. By so doing, you’re training your spirit to dominate your body.

The outward man (your body) has its senses, and your spirit has its senses as well. The outward man has a mind that holds the memory, and the human spirit also has memory. So, whichever one you train is what will determine the quality of your life. Those who live according to their senses are terribly limited; they’re the ones that experience failures and defeat in life. But those who are led by the Spirit, those who have trained their spirits, have the mastery.

Make up your mind to let your spirit gain the dominion over your body; live beyond this earthly realm.

Confession ...
I belong to Christ, and I’ve crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. I reckon myself to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ. I walk by the Spirit always, and manifest fruits of righteousness. My spirit is alive unto God! Hallelujah!

Further Study :
Galatians 5:16
[This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
:27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Daily SCRIPTURE Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 15:1-28, Exodus 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan :
Matthew 8:23-34, Genesis 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
Receive - Monday, January 23rd .

Pastor Chris

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ) (Romans 5:17).

In the realms of the Spirit, there’re different kinds of laws; we have the law of contact, the law of faith, and then we have the law of receiving, which is the focal point of today’s discussion. Our opening verse says, “For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness….”

The word “receive” here is the Greek “lambano.” It’s not the same as being stationary somewhere and expecting what you want to just land in your hand; no. That word is a carefully picked word. It’s a bit blind to the English connotation of the word “receive.” “Lambano” is an action word; it means “to take,” “to catch” and make personal to you. It means to get a hold of something and make it yours. We minister to people sometimes and we say, “Take it”; that’s what it is. It’s the keyword of the Spirit for “receive.”

The above verse says, “They which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” It’s saying those who get a hold of, catch, or “lambano” abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness are the ones that’ll reign in life. This means you’re looking out for it to get a hold of it; you’re going for it, for the purpose of using it. So, you see, it’s not just about God giving you something; He’s already given you everything (1 Corinthians 3:21). You’re the one to receive!

All things have been made available for you to enjoy. Take a hold of eternal life! Take a hold of your abundant life in Christ! Don’t wait anymore. Take possession of your inheritance in Christ, through persistent and audacious faith-proclamations.

Confession...
I have a supernatural heritage in Christ, possessions of great and inestimable value! Therefore, I declare that I walk in superabundance today, for God has prepared great and unquantifiable blessings for me to take care of all my needs spiritually, financially, materially, and emotionally! All that belongs to me are being unveiled by the revelation of God’s Word, and as I see, I possess! Hallelujah!

Further Study:

Corinthians 2:12-13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Matthew 15:29-16:12,
Exodus 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Matthew 9:1-13,
Genesis 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Jan 24, 2017
Be Voracious For The Word - Tuesday, January 24th

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Word of God gives you much more than a moral code of conduct; it builds, lifts, transforms you and catapults you to your inheritance and destiny in Christ. Proverbs 11:9 tells us that through knowledge—revelation knowledge of God’s Word—shall the just be delivered into their inheritance.

Thus, you have to know the Word, store it in you, and consciously put it to work in your life. That’s your guarantee of a life of ever-increasing glory. The Bible says, “...All things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21); that means there’s nothing you require today that hasn’t already been made available to you by God through the Word.

This is one reason you must meditate on the Word. Become voracious in your passion, hunger, and appetite for the Word. There’s no way of appropriating the blessings of God to your life without the accurate knowledge of the Word. We triumph by the Word. We reign in life through the Word. We win, excel, and prevail over the challenges of life through, and with the Word.

The more you study and meditate on the Word, the more inspired and excited you get about the life in Christ. The knowledge of God’s Word gives you an undeniable conviction about the transcendent life of victory, righteousness, success, and dominion that Christ has brought to us! Your victory is in the Word of God, so study it to know it, for only through the knowledge will you discover and enjoy your glorious inheritance in Christ.

Study the Word for what it does in your spirit. The Word in you goes into your spirit, soul, and body, and becomes part of your being; making you what it talks about. When you ingest and digest the Word, it becomes one with your spirit, thereby enhancing and improving the quality of your personality. Bombard your mind with the Word of God, until it completely inundates your thinking, and your life will go in one direction only: upward and forward!

Prayer...
Dear Father, as I study and meditate on the Word today, my heart receives it with joy, faith, and meekness, knowing that my life is being built and my destiny shaped in line with your perfect will for me. My life is for your glory and beauty because of the power and influence of your Word in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 16:13-17:13, Exodus 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 9:14-26, Genesis 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:40am On Jan 25, 2017
Poverty Is Not For you - Wednesday, January 25th .

Pastor Chris

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich (2 Corinthians 8:9).

After you’re born again, poverty becomes completely unacceptable in your life. I know there’re people who believe Christians ought to be poor, but that’s due to their lack of understanding of the Scriptures. Poverty is not the absence of money, or other required necessities of life; it’s actually the disabling of a man’s mental prowess. It’s that state where a person’s mind shuts down, and that person believes that he or she can’t do anything to change his state.

But that’s not the case with the one who’s born again and lives by the Word; it’s impossible for such a person to walk in penury. The Christian is an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. All the wealth in this world belongs to you if you’re born again. Once you accept this truth in your spirit, and allow it dominate your thinking, it’ll give you a new mind-set. It’ll be impossible for you to walk in lack.

The Bible says Jesus became poor so that we, through His poverty, might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9). He took upon Himself, not only the sins of the world, but also the effects of sin, one of which is poverty. This is the reason every Christian must reject poverty. Nevertheless, poverty by choice, or deprivation by persecution is acceptable. A Christian may walk poor, and live poor because of ignorance, but he’s not poor, for he actually has an inheritance in Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:21 says, “…all things are yours.”Therefore, refuse and reject the down life; don’t live as a victim. Get to the Word and become knowledgeable about your untold wealth in Christ. God said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…” (Hosea 4:6). Refuse to walk in ignorance, but in the knowledge of your inheritance in Christ.

Prayer...
Dear Father, you’re gracious and kind. I thank you for making me a joint-heir with Christ; the world belongs to me. All things are mine, and nothing good is withheld from me. I dwell in the realm of superabundance, where I’m graciously supplied with every good thing. My life is a manifestation of your love and grace; thank you, Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:2-3
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Psalm 23:1-2
The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

2 Corinthians 8:9.
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 17:14-18:14, Exodus 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 9:27-38, Genesis 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by AgreatMan: 6:28am On Jan 26, 2017
Hello house, well I have a writing offer for anyone who is interested. I could as well give this offer to anyone around the world, but if there is something we are good at as a Nation, then Christianity probably tops the list.

I need 5 people to write a 12k to 15k word document (or more) for me, and I am willing to pay 1000naira for 1000 words. I have the topics, and you can draw-up a table of contents which you can work with. As soon as we agree on a table of contents, even before you start the actual writing, I will pay 3k, and the remaining will be paid in 2 installments. If you can write more than 15k words, it's all good, I will pay for additional contents in equal measures.

Requirements
Sound knowledge of the scripture
A decent command of written English.
You should write with the global audience in mind.
duration is 2 weeks.
Transfer of ownership.
You can use whatever resources at your disposal but you cannot just copy and paste other people's work.
If you also have a work (finished or not) and you want to transfer the rights, send me an email.
if you want some SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS about ANYTHING in the terms, let me know in the email.

Tell me why you can write a 15k words document, and a 200words writing sample (or a link to you articles) and email on [/b] robowriter36@yahoo.=com[b] (remove the "=" sign).
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
"Seize Eternal Life" - Friday, January 27th

Pastor Chris

Fight the good fight of faith, LAY HOLD on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses (1 Timothy 6:12)

The underlined portion of our opening scripture, as rendered in the Greek, is “epilambanomai.” It means to take a hold of something without letting go. Here, the Apostle Paul takes a step further from what we read in 1 John 5:13, which we studied in our previous lesson. He says, “Don’t just be aware that you have eternal life; seize eternal life; take possession of it.” In other words, don’t let it be a mere theoretical knowledge to you.

Someone may be singing, “I’ve got the life of God in me…” but he’s not walking in the consciousness of that life, nor acting like it. Every now and then, he gripes, “You know, I’ve had this migraine headache that has been with me for fifteen years.” No one who’s taken a hold of eternal life talks like that. Eternal life is the God-life; it’s incorruptible. It can’t be tainted, defiled or corrupted by sickness, disease, failure, death or the devil. It’s the divine life.

You might be praying, “Oh God, please take away this sickness from me”; that may not change anything. You might say, “But God says ‘I’ll take sickness away from among you’”; He already did that in Christ Jesus. In God’s eyes, you’re already perfect, even though you might be going through trials, pains, and difficulties. To Him, you’ve been perfected in Christ Jesus. He sees you the way He sees Jesus. In His sight, there’s nothing wrong with you.

Therefore, align yourself with His thoughts and visions, through the Word, and declare, “I’m perfected in Christ Jesus; I refuse to accommodate any sickness, disease or pain in my body, because I have the life of God in me! I’ve taken hold of eternal life.”

You’re an associate of the God-kind; the life and nature of God have been imparted into your spirit. Now that you’re born again, you have eternal life in you. You’re not going to have it after you’ve prayed, and struggled to please God. It’s in your spirit now! Live in this consciousness and stand up to who you are in Christ.

Confession...
I’ve taken a hold of eternal life. Therefore, it doesn’t matter the trials, pains, and difficulties in the world, I’m unperturbed because I live in, and by, the Word of God. My life is the revelation of the graces and realities of the Word! I live triumphantly over sickness, disease, Satan, and the systems of this world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 1:1-2
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink

1 John 5:11-13
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:1-15, Exodus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:12-22, Genesis 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:07am On Jan 28, 2017
Be Conscious Of Your Divinity - Saturday, January 28th

Pastor Chris

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

Theveryfact that you’re born again means you’re not an ordinary person, because you have in you the same life that God has. The God-life is in you. When Jesus walked the earth, He had this consciousness. In John 6:38, He said: “For I came down from heaven….” What audacity! Everyone knew Him as the son of Mary and Joseph the Carpenter, yet He declared He came down from heaven. Only a man who knows who He really is speaks this way.

This is how you must think, talk, and live. Be conscious of your divine heritage and identity. You hail from God: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them…” (1 John 4:4). When it says, “Ye are of God…,” it doesn’t mean you’re on God’s side, but that your origin is in God. Your ancestry or parentage is Christ. So, like the Lord Jesus, speak with confidence and authority in affirming who you are.

In John 8:12, He said, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” What a statement! But did you know Jesus also spoke about you and said: “You are the light of the world?” (Matthew 5:14). Therefore, you ought to declare with boldness, “I am the light of the world!” Be conscious of who you are in Christ; be bold to call yourself what God has called you.

Jesus gave us an example to follow; of how to live victoriously in the earth. His consciousness of His divinity controlled everything He said and did. You also can live as successfully as He did by following this principle. Become conscious of the God-life in you, and boldly speak accordingly. Philemon 1:6 tells us, “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every goodu thing which is in you in Christ Jesus."

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the eternal life that has been granted me, and I live that life now. Because I’m conscious of the life of God in me, no sickness, disease or infirmity can successfully stay in my body. The life of Christ is evidently manifested in me, from glory to glory, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 19:16-20:16, Exodus 15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:23-33, Genesis 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2017
You Have The Authority Of Jesus - Sunday, January 29th

Pastor Chris

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen (Matthew 28:18-20).

In our opening scripture, Jesus tells His disciples that all power (authority) in heaven and on earth has been given to Him. Philippians 2:9-10 says, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.”

The Father gave all authority to Jesus. It wasn’t all the presidents of the world that came together and vested all authority on Jesus; it wasn’t done by democracy; it was God’s sovereign discretion. He alone could do such a thing. Now, Jesus says to us, the believing ones, “On the basis of the authority given to me by the Father, I commission you to go preach the Gospel and teach all nations.” He delegated His authority to the Church, to go make pupils and students of the nations of the world; to teach them how to live.

Your authority in Christ is perfect and absolute. No evil, demon, or darkness can resist it as you preach the Gospel with boldness everywhere. Mark 16:17-18 says, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” This is a sovereign declaration of deity. It’s a law in the realm of the spirit. When you speak in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were speaking.

Therefore, do all things in His Name; live in the authority of His Name. Refuse to allow the devil run rampage in your environment; use your authority in Christ against the devil and he’ll have no choice but to flee. Hallelujah!

Prayer....
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and authority to use the Name of Jesus; the Name that is above all names. At the Name of Jesus, demons tremble, chains are broken, doors are open, and mountains crumble. And in the power and authority of that Name, I go forth today in victory, reigning and ruling over circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:12-14
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

Acts 3:6 & 16
Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. & 16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 20:17-34, Exodus 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:34-42, Genesis 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Jan 30, 2017
Proclaim The Word To Everything Around You - Monday, January 30th .

Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

Jesus didn’t send us to preach the Gospel to human beings only; He said, “Preach the Gospel to every creature.” That’s quite instructive. It means you can proclaim the Word to anything and everything around you, because everything in life has intelligence. Everything God made can hear and recognise His voice. Jesus proved this true. Once, He spoke to a tree and it withered from its roots (Mark 11:12-14, 20-21).

Perhaps your car has been grounded; if you’d talk to it; if you’d release words of power to that car, before long, it’ll be back on the road. Maybe your house and everything in it is getting old, you can call forth a renewal. Declare, “House, in the Name of Jesus, you’re renewed.” Walk through the rooms and prophesy that new furniture, decorative items, electronics, etc., are coming in the Name of Jesus!

Many haven’t come to that point of prophesying and speaking the Word to everything around them; so they complain. Don’t complain; proclaim the Word. Maybe you only have one pair of shoes; instead of complaining to God about it, declare, “I invoke the blessing of God on this shoe, to bring forth a harvest.” Then, give it to God as an offering. Before long, you’ll have more than enough shoes for yourself and to give as gifts to others.

You might ask, “Is it really that simple?” Sure it is! The principle is clear; Jesus said, _*“…Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit”*_ (John 12:24). Proclaim the Word to your seed; your money and the things you own. Speak to your offerings to the Lord and say, “You’re coming back in a multiplied harvest, in the Name of Jesus; I release you with the blessings of God.”

Don’t cry for the lack of money; don’t cry about something you don’t have; put the principles in God’s Word to practice and you’ll surely have a testimony

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making my life like a well-watered garden; I’m fruitful and productive always, and at all times. Everything and everyone that’s connected to me experiences the grace of God and responds to the influence and beauty righteousness that your produces. Goodness and mercy follow me every day of my life, and whatever I lay my hands to do prospers, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

2 Corinthians 4:13.
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Hebrews 13:5-6
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:1-32,
Exodus 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 11:1-10,
Genesis 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by donnie(m): 7:25am On Jan 30, 2017
Welldone
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:39am On Jan 31, 2017
Receive Your Supply For Today - Tuesday, January 31st

Pastor Chris

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah (Psalm 68:19).

In Matthew Chapter 6, Jesus gave His disciples a format on how to pray, and in verse 11, He said, “Give us this day our daily bread.” When He taught them this format of prayer, He hadn’t died on the cross; the New Testament hadn’t started, because a will doesn’t come into existence until the death of the testator. After the death of Jesus Christ, the New Testament was sealed; meaningful that every provision from His will had become legal; you could now take advantage of it.

Jesus’ teaching in that prayer does suggest that every day, in the mind of God, there’s a blessing for you; there’s more than enough supply for you every day. Ever since you were born again and you received Christ, there’s been a daily supply for you; that’s what “daily bread” means; the Master wasn’t talking about a loaf of bread.

That means you probably have a pile of unused supplies with God; supplies and benefits from God that you never took advantage of. Read our opening verse again; it says He daily loads us with benefits; meaning that aside from the supply, there’re also benefits; extras. God isn’t just into provision, He’s into supply as well; He’s not just providing what you need, He supplies them, which means there’s a constant flow, and the reason for the flow is for you to have more than enough for yourself, and to help others.

There’s an accumulation of wealth for you, and just because you didn’t know doesn’t mean you have forfeited it. So, every day in God’s plan—in His structure of things—you have a supply, an amount set aside for you to spend and use. Make a demand for it. Receive your supply for today. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the supply-system you’ve set in motion on my behalf; I can never be broke; you’ve blessed me lavishly and supplied all my needs. My heart’s desires are granted me as I delight myself in you. Even now, I receive my supply for today; thank you, blessed Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 21:33-22:1-14, Exodus 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 11:11-20, Genesis 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2017
Your True Value - Wednesday, February 1st .

Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth (Luke 12:15).

Some people rate or value themselves according to the amount of money they have. So, always, they’re punching the calculator to know their financial worth. If your value is according to some money, then you’re putting your life at some great risk. How can you subject your life to the uncertain and ever unstable monetary system of the world?

Your true value is the Word of God that’s in your spirit. You’ve got to know and have the Word in you. With the Word in you, your success is assured no matter what happens around you. You’ll stay afloat like the ark of Noah that rose higher and higher as it rained and the waters increased, so that the same water that drowned others, buoyed him up. This shows that the circumstances responsible for sinking people’s businesses and careers today will be for your promotion!

What you need to live victoriously at every count in these latter days is the deposit of God’s Word in your spirit. If you deposit the Word in your spirit long enough, others will take notice of you and ask, “What manner of man is this?” because you’ll literally be “walking on water.” No matter the situation, you stay above only.

Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Your confidence should only rest in how much of the Word of Christ you have in you, not how much money you have in your bank account. Remember, you become the Word of God that you receive into your spirit, and that’s your real value. As you allow the Word to dominate you, it’ll give you the mentality of a victor such that no matter what happens, you’ll remain strong and unfazed.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me my true value in your Word. The entrance of your Word floods my heart with light and brings brilliance and beauty into my life. Your Word is deeply rooted in my heart and it grows, prevails and produces results in every area of my life, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Further Study:
Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 22:15-46,
Exodus 22-23

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Matthew 11:21-30,
Genesis 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:55am On Feb 02, 2017
Walk In His Light - Thursday, February 2nd .

Pastor Chris

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

To walk in the light is to walk in the light of God’s Word. It means to walk in the light of those things that are consistent with God’s provisions for the new creation as revealed by the Word. If we’re not walking in the light, there’s no fellowship because light is inconsistent with darkness.

The Word reveals, for example, that as new creations, we have justification. You’re to walk in the light of your justification. You’ve been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21). You’re to walk in the light of your righteousness. To walk in the light of your righteousness means that you’re walking in consistency with what God thinks; His light about righteousness.

God’s light about righteousness is that, it’s a gift that’s imparted into anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. So, you can say, “Father, I dwell in your light; in your light, righteousness is a gift that’s given to everyone who believes in Jesus Christ; therefore, I have that gift in the Name of Jesus. I am righteous. Hallelujah.” That’s walking in His light.

The carnal man however walks by his senses. He says, “I just don’t feel like God is with me today; my prayers aren’t even going high enough. Oh Father, I’m struggling.” You see, he contradicts the Word of God by declaring himself a struggler, not conscious that the Bible says those who have entered into God’s rest have ceased from their struggles (Hebrews 4:10). He interprets his life through his own senses, and God‘s Word has nothing to do with your senses.

Being born again, you’re not of the flesh; “…they that are in the flesh cannot please God” (Romans 8:cool. You’re to walk by the Spirit, not by your feelings. Romans 8:13 says “For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” This isn’t talking about physical death; it’s talking about spiritual death. That means you’ll be cut off from God; you’ll find yourself struggling. But if you walk in God’s light, in His Word, you’ll live, rule and reign as a king.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening me through your Word, to walk on the path of life. Your Word is light and glory; as I meditate and live by the Word, I am transformed into the glorious image that I behold therein. There’s no darkness in me; I enjoy a sweet and rich fellowship with the Word and your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalm 36:9 For with thee [is] the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is] light; and reproofs of instruction [are] the way of life:

Psalm 119:105 NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23, Exodus 24-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:1-9, Genesis 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:02am On Feb 04, 2017
A Mentality Of Prosperity - Saturday, February 4th .

Pastor Chris

And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger… (Leviticus 19:9-10).

In the above scripture, God was giving some instructions to the children of Israel on what they should do when they harvest their grains. He said to them, “..Thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.” In other words, “Don’t harvest everything; don’t gather the gleanings.” He didn’t want them scratching for the leftovers; and it was a law. They were to leave some in the field, for the poor, the fatherless, and the widows.

There’re people who don’t know why they haven’t made much progress in their lives. Some of them have prayed and prayed, yet no change. But you see, God doesn’t fellowship with a man who has a mentality of poverty. There’s a mentality of prosperity and there’s a mentality of poverty. For instance, some people would use their clothes until those clothes are torn to tatters. How sad! It could be any personal belonging; they use it until it’s not good enough to be given to someone else. Such a mentality attracts poverty, and it has kept many in a despicable state for a long time.

Whatever God blesses you with, no matter how small or big it is, when you use it, let it be good enough for someone else. When you give such things to others, be sure they’re in an excellent state to be used with dignity. That’s the way to live. There should never be anything that you own that you can’t give out.

God wants you to always be a blessing to others who aren’t as blessed as you are. There’re things you haven’t used in a long while, yet you’re keeping them. That’s not a prosperity attitude. Do the Word; get into your closet and search out belongings you’ve piled up and probably wouldn’t even use for another one or two years. Give them out, and watch your life take an upward dive.

Prayer...
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ! I have received of His fullness, grace heaped upon grace. I’m a blessing to those around me, and as a result, I grow bigger and stronger in prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 11:24 ESV
One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:36-51, Exodus 28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 12:22-30, Genesis 35

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.