Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G (10972 Views)

Nigeria Not Ripe For Electronic Voting, Says INEC / Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by dragon2(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2017
There is nothing wrong having BOTH federal and state police,the federal police for federal crimes,e.g capital offences and the state police for smaller offences.The federal police can also take over structures of the state police to fast track investigations where it is determined that the state police is inadequate. Hence, the Federal police should be a small well trained and funded footprint within each state/region.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by gabe: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2017
this man just spoke my mind. we have seen governors sponsoring militia and cultists as their personal security, using them to settle political vendettas, killing and intimidating opponents. This people are generally above the law. they are set free even when they commit murder with one phone call from the governor. Imagine legalising such terrorism! Imagine if the money spent on civil defense was used to employ like 200,000 more police men. Will we be complaining? Now Peace Corps is on the line. Another security outfit with ill defined duties. ready to employ another 200,000 people. The answer is not multiple agencies fighting turf wars. let there be one federal police, well equipped and trained. further assistance can be rendered at local govt levels by vigilante groups answerable to the police.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by gabe: 10:44am On Jul 21, 2017
wait first. is it these incompetent governors that are owing up to 10 month salaries that want the additional burden of state police? what will a hungry, trained man with a gun do when you owe him 2-3 months salary?
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by PREBuhari2019: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2017
I agreed with you sir. The intimidation will be too much for the opposition.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2017
Let all the states be in charge of their states police.

With all the funds this current police structure have been receiving, why crimes not reducing but on the increased?

Many communities in a state don't have single police post not to talk of division, because no state governor will build police stations to policing all the communities in his state for federal government.

If the states could marture enough in funding their states judiciary effectively, why won't they be marture to funds their states police

Idrris you will not be an IG of police forever. Your predecessors are regretting of what they didn't do right when had opportunities.

Any time terrorists herdsmen carrying out attacks in a community, you called those their useless police numbers what you will be hearing is music at the receiving end of the phone. When finally picked, their response "WE HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED ORDERS FROM ABOVE".

Nonsense federal police structure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Max24: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2017
The trust fund if passed into law will be another chop chop for the police. Kenny Martins police equipment commission comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Saxifrage12(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2017
I thank God for giving you sense
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by senatordave1(m): 11:39am On Jul 21, 2017
He is correct,we are not ripe for state police yet.when we develop to the level of egypt,south africa and ghana,we can think of it.moreover,these countries are operating a centralized policing system.rather,i will prefer localized independent police system directly controlled by an independent council made up of the masses and free from governmental control
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by abfalkolly(m): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2017
DickDastardly2:

Let them use it ..... The FG has been using wrongly too.
Hmmm..I pity u
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Ijscarface: 11:52am On Jul 21, 2017
This IG is not well does state police remove federal police ? The answer is no. The federal police is always around to check the excesses of the state police. That's why I'm America the country we say we are copying . you have the FBI

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by triplec93(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2017
Reference:

And the present arrangement is what....heaven on earth abi. Just being dishonest to yourself. When I hear people like this I begin to imagine a mindset attuned to failure...suffering....mediocrity. I apologise but I cannot imagine another reason for a society to live this way and not actively seek ways to change for the better. Even if you are dead cold in fear, just try something different. Haba. Can't you simply imagine for a minute that this country can be better. What is wrong with you people sef. I can understand those that benefit directly from the status quo in cash and kind but not the general citizenry.
You so called intellects fail to understand that the problem of this country lies in the system, and the people are composite of the system, changing mere routines is not prevailing, rather there should be a change in the mind set of the elites which therein affects the system. It is just like changing from nepa to phcn, the underlying problem remains.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Kayswat(m): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2017
seriously, state police is not an option for this nation at the moment. with our political maturity!!! it's a no no no
If this is to come to pass, common man will suffer a lot
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by DickDastardly2(m): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
abfalkolly:

Hmmm..I pity u
pity ursef 1st

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
The man is right our govs arent matured enough to manage their own police, imagine they can to pay their workers salary.

How will they fund their police, who will be recruited if not their thugs and lackeys.

State police will introduce terror in another dimension just like the so called vigilantes. it will be used to terrorize political opponents and the general public.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by dragon2(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
In the case of abuse of power by Governors for political reasons,any member of the the state House of Assembly can appeal to a federal judge (with evidence) to compel the IGP to issue commands to the Regional Federal police to take over command of the state police involved until further investigatios are complete. It's a workable system.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by suremanpatriot: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
His 99.9999% correct,until we have basic needs met for both police and the masses,and until we have sane politicians, until we hav knocked senses into those tht rule you ppl,and lastly until orderliness is imbibe among us like in civilized society ,Nigeria is not ready for state police. Kenya,Ghana,Botswana are almost ready but Nigeria no no no no. Multilingual situation of Nigeria is majorly drawing it BAC from such advancement and development
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by brilliant5(m): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rubbish talk
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by iamkneeyi: 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
They should pass the Peace corps of Nigeria bill. That will ease security ..
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by naija4jump: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
sarrki:
I do agree with him

I will even add that we aren't mature for independent when we asked for it

South Africa is a case study

They are enjoining the white long stay to some extent today

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Man2utd(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nigerian is never ripe for anything in their mind except for corruption...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by orisa37: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
You are corrupt and want to remain corrupt even in your domain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by orisa37: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
You're corrupt and you wish to remain corrupt even in your state.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by ifyain: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
That we are going to make mistakes is not enough reason to stop trying new ideas.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by superemmy(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
basty:
Having a state police is quite dangerous. But the police can be restructured to integrate trained local vigilante funded by the States and FGN to police streets and communities. The arrangement will be like the gendarme (armed police officer in France and other French-speaking countries).
Every community will have theirs and they will be responsible to the Nigerian Police or the office of Inspector General of Police.

The present police would be rearranged for the training and Logistics of the new Police. Community police will be saddle with intelligent gathering, monitoring and registration of individual data and linking to the National database.

One of the best ideas I've ever read here
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by IBBG(m): 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
with the level of insecurity in the country and considering how large this cou try is, state police is the way to go.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Turbocharged: 3:31am On Jul 22, 2017
Nigeria is not even ripe for independence.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by orunto27: 3:41am On Jul 22, 2017
Power corrupts absolutely. What does Idris think he's talking about?
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by orunto27: 3:49am On Jul 22, 2017
The Cat is let out. We want more AK47 for our Herdsmen all over the Federation.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by orunto27: 3:55am On Jul 22, 2017
We want States Police and States Election Commissions now please.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by orunto27: 3:59am On Jul 22, 2017
CHOPUP411:
This tribal mark almajiri police boss is drunk
He is also such an idiot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seriake Dickson Conferred ‘The Okute Of Ijaw Nation’ Chieftaincy Title (Photos) / Presidency Wants HSBC To Return Nigerian Stolen Assets / Believe It Or Not, Atiku Will Be The President-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.