Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G (10971 Views)

Nigeria Not Ripe For Electronic Voting, Says INEC / Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Kolababe: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2017
Itvs because of callous politicians who will use them for selfish interest
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by triplec93(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2017
He's absolutely on point, state policing in Nigeria for now would be a disaster.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by cristianisraeli: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2017
i talk am..governors would only abuse it as they do everything in nigeria..it would be their personal agberos

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Reference(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Coyotejack:
Exactly what a police IG would say to keep his job, but me I like the concept sha
Lagos State POLICE DEPARTMENT -LAPD
OGUN STATE POLICE DEPARTMENT - OGPD
IMO STATE POLICE DEPARTMENT -IMPD
RIVERS STATE POLICE DEPARTMENT -RIPD
Etc and the list goes on .....
SOUNDS cool to me

Rivers though....?*×^/$??....RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by freshest4live: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Why not local Government police only?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by aniblue(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2017
State police is cool tho state govt wil be taking advantage of it and most states won't be ablee to pay their salaries ....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Makka7(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2017
To be candid and been sincere to uorselves here the need for have a state police is a good idea but my great fear is the corrupt politicians and their corhort will use them against their opponent in an elections for their selfish interest.

Before seeking for a state police let have a stable and strong institutions on ground.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Reference(m): 8:51am On Jul 21, 2017
triplec93:
He's absolutely on point, state policing in Nigeria for now would be a disaster.

And the present arrangement is what....heaven on earth abi. Just being dishonest to yourself. When I hear people like this I begin to imagine a mindset attuned to failure...suffering....mediocrity. I apologise but I cannot imagine another reason for a society to live this way and not actively seek ways to change for the better. Even if you are dead cold in fear, just try something different. Haba. Can't you simply imagine for a minute that this country can be better. What is wrong with you people sef. I can understand those that benefit directly from the status quo in cash and kind but not the general citizenry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by luggy(m): 8:51am On Jul 21, 2017
I know that Aboki will not agree for state police,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by dignity33: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2017
NIgeria is never matured for Anything, this Northerners have set us backward for years of their Leadership. Just imagine a Country without steady power supply in this 21st century most poorest Country in Africa enjoy uninterrupted power supply.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Sanders250000: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2017
Yes, we are!
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by bashydemy(m): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2017
DickDastardly2:

Let them use it ..... The FG has been using wrongly too.

Then when one big man arrest your dad and ask him to be flog publicly you will start blaming FG..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 8:58am On Jul 21, 2017
These guys are sooo annoying.

Nigeria is never ripe for anything

Not ripe for state police

Not ripe for resource control

Not ripe for real electricity restructuring

Not ripe for development

Left to Politicians, Nigeria should remain the shithole it currently is forever. It's so sad and annoying at the same time.

Why can't we copy the American system were there is state police but, the Federal police has overriding power

Sit tight politicians, mtcheew, they just sit tight in one spot and watch the country go from bad to rotten, to full compost, mtcheew

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by goldman777: 8:58am On Jul 21, 2017
Its true ordinary Lnsc a security arrangement in lagos state work hand in hand to mobilise touts in lagos now that d local government elections are here they use their vehicles to convey touts for apc rally mobilization. Just imagine if they were state police they will be used to distrupt the elections to their favour.Even as i speak some federal policemen have been compromised and are being used to cause havoc as d local govt elections draw near here in lagos state

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by fasterwell(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
Danielmoore:
He is right
Just imagine RIVERS STATE POLICE DIVISION controlled by wike dem go push APC go inside water

There will be a commission to oversee the state police just like NJC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by feelgoodInc: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
the police only come when the crime has been committed. and arrest the innocent

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by dammyj13: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2017
with the level of tribalism in Nigeria i don't tink Nigeria is ripe for it as IG said. It means each state will now recruit into police from the indigenes and if there's crisis there is tendency for the police to be on the side of his tribe/indigene which will promote more national disunity

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Reference(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2017
Makka7:
To be candid and been sincere to uorselves here the need for have a state police is a good idea but my great fear is the corrupt politicians and their corhort will use them against their opponent in an elections for their selfish interest.

Before seeking for a state police let have a stable and strong institutions on ground.

How can you fear, 'the corrupt politician' You yes YOU elect into office and empower to rule. So you see the problem fundamentally is you who is too naive and to weak to create the society you cry for. The people of Kogi just shook a branch of the tree and see how their senator runs from pillar to post. What stops you from demanding that the police be accountable to you and not to the politician. If the people of that Kogi senatorial zone could initiate a recall, you can imagine what they will do to the head of police they appoint or elect if he or she messes up. Can the people of that constituency or senatorial zone checkmate the IG in Abuja for a local infraction, no. They will have layer upon layer of red tape to overcome and will never have the numbers to do that. But the IG can give an order in Abuja and have them all rounded up and shot and nothing will happen because he is not answerable to them.

Wisdom in democracy entails that the citizens seek to MINIMIZE the powers of those they give authority and MAXIMISE their own leverage over them. Nigerians on the other hand empower people thay have no idea and no hope of CONTROLLING. Give them so much power and only HOPE it turns out well. Is there anythung more stupid than that in all creation. Can you employ a driver, cook or cleaner and give him ultimate power over you. Nigerians are so dumb so their leaders will readily use scare tactics to subjugate them while they suffer endlessly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by banmee(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2017
Febup:
Lets give state policing a try first. Each local government too should run their own police force

Lol. It can only work in a place like America where everyone sees each other as Americans. Doing it in Nigeria would be like opening the cage of a zoo and letting all the wild animals roam free. Pandemonium.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2017
Blackfire:
Oga ig we know it will make you a powerless moneyless ceremonial head... And makes our already half god governors looks more invincible.

Either way we as citizens are fuc.ked
Lol, it's a case of the devil and the deep blue sea. What do we chose now?
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Blue3k(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2017
freshest4live:
Why not local Government police only?

Some Nigerians love their bondage. The same police they complain doesn't do much about herdsmen and all manner of crime they are now defending. Theres too many cucks in this society. They don't know history either.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Nbote(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2017
Danielmoore:
He is right
Just imagine RIVERS STATE POLICE DIVISION controlled by wike dem go push APC go inside water

And did u also imagine Imo State Police controlled by Rochas or Kaduna State Police controlled by HellRufai or other state Police of APC controlled states??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by soflygerian(m): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2017
He is right, cuz here in R/S even kpokoro budget they can't make available to there citizen, the So-called tribunal-elect senator Andrew Uchendu thinks the state having control of its resources will spell doom, well he is right knowing that he has been part of the people who fail to give education to his people to help em challenge there authorities, they siphoned our money, depriving the people of good health care system. They(these crop of polithiefcians)ordinarily cannot provide d basic need of the people. So yes, I.G is right, but at some point the fact is states needs to start being responsible, hoping this will somehow rejig the consciousness of the unsuspecting masses...
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Nbote(m): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
These guys are sooo annoying.

Nigeria is never ripe for anything

Not ripe for state police

Not ripe for resource control

Not ripe for real electricity restructuring

Not ripe for development

Left to Politicians, Nigeria should remain the shithole it currently is forever. It's so sad and annoying at the same time.

Why can't we copy the American system were there is state police but, the Federal police has overriding power

Sit tight politicians, mtcheew, they just sit tight in one spot and watch the country go from bad to rotten, to full compost, mtcheew

D annoying part is after admitting how unripe d country is for some very basic things, dey still want to compare d same unripe country with overiped and over developed superpowers... Tomorrow u'll hear hopeless visions like "in 10yrs we want to b in d top 20 blah blah blah"... How can we wen we are Neva ripe for anything positive? Infact I don tire for dis country.. I jus want to go back to my country in Ondo state of Ondo local govt...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by uckennety(m): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2017
He's right for once!!!!!! South east governors willi make bakassi a state police! Political thuggery and extra judicial killing will be the new motto
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Reference(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2017
Blue3k:

Nigerians love their bondage. The same police they complain doesn't do much about herdsmen and all manner of crime they are now defending. Theres too many cucks in this society. They don't know history either.

Just an irreponsible, weak willed, lazy society that cannot turn to wipe its a.rse. They wait for their oppressors to have mercy and spare them some crumbs instead of fixing things for themselves. Yes, we have deep ethno-religious chasms and fault lines. But isn't this a unique opportunity to bridge them and change the identity of the average Nigerian. Can't decentralised policing be an agent for trust building.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by newslifeop: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2017
Really
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by darlenese(f): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2017
but it is ripe enough for her president to be away for more than two months Abi?

I heard the Lion King now sleeps when standing, na true?
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by hibee4uall(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2017
Yeah I concur with u IG.

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 21, 2017
DON'T WORRY WHEN RE-STRUCTURING TAKES PLACE IT WOULD HAPPEN
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by Shroud: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Urukpe:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/237586-nigeria-not-ripe-state-police-i-g.html
IG, what your men and officers need is brain and professionalism. All the funds in the world can't transform the Nigeria police into a reputable force when they are as corrupt as maggot in a decaying can of milk.
Re: Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G by starz100: 10:22am On Jul 21, 2017
So when will Nigeria be ripe for SP
That is how they keep deceiving the people that Nigerians
are not ripe for anything that alters the status quo.
Freedom is coming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seriake Dickson Conferred ‘The Okute Of Ijaw Nation’ Chieftaincy Title (Photos) / Presidency Wants HSBC To Return Nigerian Stolen Assets / Believe It Or Not, Atiku Will Be The President-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.