Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (37778 Views)

161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by YorubaNigga(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

Make dey go Uniben, UI, or Ekiti state University make I hear say no be 3rd class dey do take finish...

If me go covenant I go even set another standard
You're absolutely right
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by AngelicBeing: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
cool
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
respect80:

Tell them.
First class everywhere yet we don't have engineers who can manufacture a simple stone crushing machine.

In madam's voice -all this bribery and corruption in educational system DIARIS GOD OOO

How about you? What have you accomplished

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Gerrard59(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
188 kini?.

that's much jare.
my dad use to tell me that during their time,a uni hardly produce more than 7 first class.

How on earth,that unis produce more than 50 first class graduates these days?

could it being that our unis are compromising......
let me stop here.
I'm not only referring to only CU ,before oversabis start to dey quote me oo

Students are reading their books the more, getting more information about a course(YouTube). Students are more disciplined and know the benefits that comes with having a First Class.

That a school convocates students less number of first class doesn't make it the best. If someone deserves a score, give him/her.

3 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
TheVictorious:

A total of 188 students of Covenant University in Ota, Ogun, on Friday (today) graduated with first class degree at the 2016/2017 convocation ceremony of the university.

Prof. Aaron Atayero, the Vice-Chancellor (VC), disclosed this during the 12th Convocation Ceremony and Conferment of Honorary Doctorate Degrees and presentation of prizes in Ota.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 1,426 students graduated this academic session.
They comprised 188 with first class honours degree, 568 with second class upper honours, 322 with second class lower, 47 with third class and 301 post graduate students.

Atayero said the university had trained a set of “expert thinkers and world changers” that had the ability to thrive in adversity and contribute their quotas to national development.
The VC also said that the institution was a foremost private university in Nigeria, setting the pace for other public and private institutions.
“Covenant University has continued to be at the cutting edge of innovation and research in proffering solutions to the nation’s challenges,’’ he said.

Dr David Oyedepo, the University Chancellor, said that the 2016 edition of the Nigerian Graduate Report ranked the products of the institution as the most employable graduates among all Nigerian universities.
Oyedepo said that most of the nation’s challenges needed indigenous solutions rather than foreign ones.
He said that the nation found itself where it was by choice, adding that it was time individual and leaders took the responsibility of solving the nation’s problems.
“Education would enhance such initiative in solving the nation’s challenges because it cannot give what we do not have in solving our problems,’’ he said.
Oyedepo urged the graduands to go forth well prepared to take responsibilities as they were going into a world of endless opportunities.
He also advised them to be purposeful contributors to the development of the nation.

Mrs Cecilia Akintomide, a former Vice-President and Secretary General in African Development Bank, in a keynote address, said that Nigeria could not continue to maintain the status quo in the education sector.
“The continued creation of private universities with inadequate funding for public universities will generate inequities that will haunt our future,’’ she said.
Akintomide said that resources available for public universities were limited in providing employable graduates.
She stressed the need for the Federal Government to grant scholarship to less privileged people so that they could achieve their dreams and contribute to the nation’s development.
She advised the Federal Government to improve funding of the educational sector by allocating more funds to it in the annual budgets.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/188-students-bag-first-class-honours-at-covenant-university/206492.html

2% of a student populace can't graduate with 1st class.
Nigeria is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Amgreat70(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
The way this ist class is produced eeeh
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Austinoiz(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
A glorified primary school is all I see
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
Please tell them because the way some people take private schools as sub standard ehn... I'm a student and I can proudly vouch for CU, ABUAD BABCOCK, LANDMARK, REDEEMERS, BOWEN etc. I know what it takes to bag a first class degree in this schools trust me.

It'shating. I used to hate the fact that my brother is in CU too, so trust me when I say those are hate comments

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Slurity(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
Any first class from this school is a potential average student

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by xtivin(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
respect80:

Tell them.
First class everywhere yet we don't have engineers who can manufacture a simple stone crushing machine.

In madam's voice -all this bribery and corruption in educational system DIARIS GOD OOO
Our academic curriculum have to be revised to be more application based than theory. A typical Nigerian question is theory based, but abroad application question is what they use which put students in the field, Our professors are not innovative, all they do is modify other people's thesis and claim to be lords

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by naija4jump: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

Make dey go Uniben, UI, or Ekiti state University make I hear say no be 3rd class dey do take finish...

smart

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Slurity:
Any first class from this school is a potential average student

Why, because it's a private university! You all need to stop this hating. It's unhealthy.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by MadCow1: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Covenant first class and UNIBEN 1st class have one thing in common.. Worthless.

4 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Stanleyville(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
188!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked I weak!

I jus weak!!

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Greatzeus(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
188 first class,out of probably 200 graduating students grin
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by GeneralOjukwu: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
1st Class degree has become "pure-water"

It's we, the old timers that had it rough angry

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
Amgreat70:
The way this ist class is produced eeeh

It's not easy. Students now are more focused and have stepped up in their reading game. And before you say first class doesn't guarantee a job or success, trust me, its exciting having a first class, or a good result.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by initiate: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
Statsocial:

These are just some little products done in CU over years ago mostly by PG students. These days we've made far more progress in Research and Innovation than any public university. So because we don't shout doesn't mean we are not relevant.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine vehicle with air condition
produced by Covenant University.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine tri-cycle.
Interlocking Brick making machine
Solar PV (Semiconductor-based technology used to convert solar radiation into
direct electrical and power electrical appliances).
Multipurpose Cowpea Dehullar (Machine used in removing seed coat and to
separate shaff from seed). It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes.
Wind Turnel. Determines terminal velocity of materials. The terminal velocity
is usually used in designing.
Yam Pounding Machine. For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in for (4)
minutes.
Solar Charge Controller – Charger for [b]Deep circle [/b]batteries

Solar Cooker
Multiple Output DC Power Supply
Surge protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher
Inverter
Relay Tuner

it is deep cycle!

and I'm sure you didn't mean gold circle

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by tall2ce(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
I graduated from Lasu in 2014, in the whole of faculty of management sciences which was my faculty we had 0 first class

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by chigo003(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
When you spend more than 4 million naira in covenant university and graduate with third class

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Amgreat70(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

Students have stepped up in their reading game
I believe the marking scheme there is way too easy to meet up the 70%
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by greatiyk4u(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yet Fayose pikin no follow for that large number of first class graduands.........

Like father like son
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by sandrahnaub(f): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Can't wait for mine jare

Oct wink
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Freshsnoow2(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
Make job dey shaa
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by obonujoker(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

Convenant is better than Uniben... stop over hyping ur aduwawa school.... grin
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by emmasege: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

The fact that you couldn't attend a private university doesn't mean you should publicly make unsubstantiated comments. I've been privileged to teach in both private and first generation federal universities and I make bold to say that some Nigerian private university students are first class materials anywhere in the world. And your comparison with Ekiti State University makes me think that you were/are a student of the school. I'm sure you know that is not a university of class in Nigeria, so I wonder why its mention.

Private university students make first class not because of lower teaching standards but because of far better welfare condition (e,g. Lecture rooms, hostel facilities, catering services etc), disciplined and motivated lecturers, among other factors.

And lest you mistake me for a private university graduate because of my assertion, let me quickly inform you that I became a graduate before the advent of private university education in Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Pavarottii(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
respect80:

Why won't they produce such number of first class when in some schools you are asked to pay for the class u wish to graduate with. Lemme stop there too before oversabis will comman toe me from my bed with quotes grin
Like in unimaginable Abi. That had about 230 first class dis year?
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Amgreat70:

I believe the marking scheme there is way too easy to meet up the 70%

It's not. It's like every other school. The students are just in a comfortable environment. Why would I be in that kind of place and not make good use of it? I can't pay that amount for my child and he or she will come out with anything less than a second class upper
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
emmasege:
The fact that you couldn't attend private university doesn't mean you should publicly make unsubstantiated comments. I've been privileged to teach in both private and first generation federal universities and I make bold to say that some Nigerian private university students are first class materials anywhere in the world. And your comparison with Ekiti State University makes me think that you were/are a student of the school. I'm sure you know that is not a university of class in Nigeria, so I wonder why its mention.

Private university students make first class not because of lower teaching standards but because of far better welfare condition (e,g. Lecture rooms, hostel facilities, catering services etc), disciplined and motivated lecturers, among other factors.

And lest you mistake me for a private university graduate because of my assertion, let me quickly inform you that I became a graduate before the advent of private university education in Nigeria.

Thumbs up to you. You just said it all. They are just hate comments

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
greatiyk4u:
Yet Fayose pikin no follow for that large number of first class graduands.........

Like father like son
Wetin u dey expect from hoodlums family

Like father like son indeed

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

It seems you attended Ekiti state University. I believe it was a mistake when you typed that.

1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Phi001(m): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
People decided to actually study and get first class and y'all are busy hating on them.

The truth is that Covenant University makes the learning procedure easy. If you can't get good grades in CU by hook, you won't get it anywhere else except by crook...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Date For 2019 Registration / Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons) / 2015/2016 Nnpc/chevron Scholarship Shortlisted Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.