Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (37779 Views)

161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

Most of you ran to private universities and Ghanaian Universities because you could not pass Jamb and Post UTME..... Nonsense.
shut up what is so special about jamb your likes are always shouting about? I wish you know how many undergraduates and graduates from public federal universities we helped to make sure they passed Waec,Neco, last two years and last year jamb....except post ume even with that they were offered admission if you know your way....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=SoldierBoy1 post=58697882]not so true Bro... I'm a student in one of these schools and I know a lot of bright minds who there parents just don't want them to grow through the hardship they went through while in school.... I tell u a very good environment helps most private University students... No strike, lecturers are compelled to come to class, very good accommodation and so on. I tell you if government universities can adopt these things the same thing would also be happening because there are a lot of bright minds also in government universities just that they are subjected to the wrong conditions. Though I would also acknowledge some private schools are bad eggs dragging others collectively into the mud. [/quote
i made my observations from first hand experience. so many of my friends ran in IUO Okada after Jamb frustrated them more than twice. so i know what i am saying when i say private university is more like a saving grace for those who could not pass jamb
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by intricate(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Statsocial:

These are just some little products done in CU over years ago mostly by PG students. These days we've made far more progress in Research and Innovation than any public university. So because we don't shout doesn't mean we are not relevant.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine vehicle with air condition
produced by Covenant University.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine tri-cycle.
Interlocking Brick making machine
Solar PV (Semiconductor-based technology used to convert solar radiation into
direct electrical and power electrical appliances).
Multipurpose Cowpea Dehullar (Machine used in removing seed coat and to
separate shaff from seed). It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes.
Wind Turnel. Determines terminal velocity of materials. The terminal velocity
is usually used in designing.
Yam Pounding Machine. For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in for (4)
minutes.
Solar Charge Controller – Charger for Deep circle batteries
Solar Cooker
Multiple Output DC Power Supply
Surge protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher
Inverter
Relay Tuner
listen to yourself... angry

what is the product of combustion of hydrocarbon?

please not all of us are ignorants u know
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
arena07:
shut up what is so special about jamb your likes are always shouting about? I wish you know how many undergraduates and graduates from public federal universities we helped to make sure they passed Waec,Neco, last two years and last year jamb....except post ume even with that they were offered admission if you know your way....

You will not understand what is special about jamb because you could not pass it....

Nonsense
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Amgreat70(m): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

It's not. It's like every other school. The students are just in a comfortable environment. Why would I be in that kind of place and not make good use of it? I can't pay that amount for my child and he or she will come out with anything less than a second class upper
I attended a private uni wit a 2.1 By GOD GRACE, Buh that doesn't mean those that came out wit a 2.2 don't or Neva knew what they were doing, to say the truth most of them are clean educational materials.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

You will not understand what is special about jamb because you could not pass it....

Nonsense
it shows u have problem with comprehension,no wonder u failed jamb

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by stanleyazo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
Congrats to them ... no negative vibes
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
Am nt hating but 70% of students in private unis are there cos they can't get into oau and the likes. We all know this is the truth tongue, although they have good ambassadors
Newerakings:
People who ran away from Public Universities because of common jamb and post UTME are making first class everywhere... there is God oo

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Ashley86400: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
So how many percent of his congregation can afford to send their kids to his school.
Back when I was in Unilag , whenever we saw (rarely) our vice chancellors or the past ones we knew they were qualified for the job. Years and years of reading. Some had multiple degrees both home and abroad.

Apparently they'll make anyone a vice-chancellor these days. .as having a P.H.D in religion is considered valuable knowledge and qualifies you as the head over an institution.

undecided
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
durentchigozie:
leave them. Probably because they can't afford the school fees. Graduants from these priv unis are mostly kids of influential people, so they'd still find a job before those claiming their federal school are standard blablabla. Rubbish

When I was in secondary then, 70% of my classmates had their minds in private universities. The other 22%, had theirs in Europe. Us the remaining 8% were the ones going to federal schools. Me then, would tell them that employers usually favor graduates with a federal degree than those with a private degree. Mehn that was high level of hating. So I can definitely identify a hateful comment. Though I went to Bells sha.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
durentchigozie:
leave them. Probably because they can't afford the school fees. Graduants from these priv unis are mostly kids of influential people, so they'd still find a job before those claiming their federal school are standard blablabla. Rubbish

When I was in secondary then, 70% of my classmates had their minds in private universities. The other 22%, had theirs in Europe. Us the remaining 8% were the ones going to federal schools. Me then, would tell them that employers usually favor graduates with a federal degree than those with a private degree. Mehn that was high level of hating. So I can definitely identify a hateful comment. Though I went to Bells sha./soldierboy1
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by charlesucheh(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
arena07:
They can drag anything with you as far they are Nigerians
Bros calm down! Am not denying anyone's inalienable right here! Just wondering why someone will spend so much going to school and get less for all his investment! It just doesn't add up!
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

Make dey go Uniben, UI, or Ekiti state University make I hear say no be 3rd class dey do take finish...

If me go covenant I go even set another standard

If students are failing it means the tutors are failing woefully, that a sizeable number of students can't graduate with good grades simply means that the academic system and environment through which they passed through is terrible, if there are still any academic institutions that try to impact anything it's the private unis and that's simply the reason for their having so many first class graduates, that side A is for brilliant students, and not for god.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

Nonsense
shocked this gat me
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

It's not. It's like every other school. The students are just in a comfortable environment. Why would I be in that kind of place and not make good use of it? I can't pay that amount for my child and he or she will come out with anything less than a second class upper

The thing self shock me, how person go pay covenant University school fees come relax carry 3rd class?

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by salford1: 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
first class is now buy 1 get 1 free... grin
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
SnowJay92:

The thing self shock me, how person go pay covenant University school fees come relax carry 3rd class?

Exactly
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by jenijeni: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
come to uniport they will reduce from d sublime to the ridiculous
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Sleezwizz: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

It's not easy. Students now are more focused and have stepped up in their reading game. And before you say first class doesn't guarantee a job or success, trust me, its exciting having a first class, or a good result.

Do u mean the current set of students that prefer to be slaying on Facebook or whatsapp or Instagram or Snapchat rather than read their books? Which reading game have they stepped up? Abeg let's stop fooling ourselves....

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
arena07:
it shows u have problem with comprehension,no wonder u failed jamb

lol... Bros you funny oo... i don use my degree dey work oo and i pass jamb before i get am. i nor be like you oo wey if to say private university nor come you for learn tailor or mechanic work ooo.

Abeg oo nor use all those erroneous private university English take fight me here o.

i nor go blame you sha... na private university sense dey work you. you nor see tins for school that is if you even go at all.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
charlesucheh:
Bros calm down! Am not denying anyone's inalienable right here! Just wondering why someone will spend so much going to school and get less for all his investment! It just doesn't add up!
understood
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Jaqenhghar: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Statsocial:
Before anyone comes to attack CU let's not forget that Unilag produced over 230 first class for this year alone.

And before anyone query the contribution of all these first class degrees to Nigeria pls let us also query the value of UK first classes to Nigeria because at least there are more UK first class recipients in Nigeria than there are those from CU.
TheVictorious were u in CU today?
Truth is UK or Nigeria, this country wouldnt know what to do with talents. In a country where money is worshipped, the best they can do with a first class is to have him lecture, or if that person is lucky hire him in one useless governent parastatal where he/she will be earning money for doing nothing
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by wale377(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Statsocial:
Before anyone comes to attack CU let's not forget that Unilag produced over 230 first class for this year alone.

And before anyone query the contribution of all these first class degrees to Nigeria pls let us also query the value of UK first classes to Nigeria because at least there are more UK first class recipients in Nigeria than there are those from CU.
TheVictorious were u in CU today?
I guess unilag produced more cos the offer more course
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by respect80(m): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

How about you? What have you accomplished

Shit where is dis one coming from

Well, I'm an admin in two big whatsapp group also I'm a member of NL since 2013, I have upto 1090 naira in one of my bank account and still many more to accomplish.

Oya u sef check am I no try

grin grin grin
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sleezwizz:

Do u mean the current set of students that prefer to be slaying on Facebook or whatsapp or Instagram or Snapchat rather than read their books? Which reading game have they stepped up? Abeg let's stop fooling ourselves....

Honestly, I would have taken you seriously until I checked your profile and saw that you are following 23 females and just 2 males. What am I trying to say here? You have got no point. If you are mentioning me again, pls don't fail to use upstairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
respect80:

Shit where is dis one coming from

Well, I'm an admin in two big whatsapp group also I'm a member of NL since 2013, I have upto 1090 naira in one of my bank account and still many more to accomplish.

Oya u sef check am I no try

grin grin grin

You try.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

lol... Bros you funny oo... i don use my degree dey work oo and i pass jamb before i get am. i nor be like you oo wey if to say private university nor come you for learn tailor or mechanic work ooo.

Abeg oo nor use all those erroneous private university English take fight me here o.

i nor go blame you sha... na private university sense dey work you. you nor see tins for school that is if you even go at all.

please read the gibberish you spewed above does it make sense to you? You are a disgrace to public universities graduates...after explaining what I wrote previously in a clearer terms you still find it difficult to come up with valid points...chai no wonder people don't believe in Nigerian education again
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by respect80(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

You try.
Tnx
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by olusola200: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
1st class for sale

Na Medview or KLM

Oyedepo and advert
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Ugosample(m): 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
Marpol:

Are these new technologies? What you are doing is just reproducing what has been produced .

The Chinese are already doing that on a larger scale.

At least they are making an effort.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
respect80:

Tnx

You are welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB Announces Date For 2019 Registration / Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons) / Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.