Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (37786 Views)

161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
To be frank even if there's more than first class, thay can't gat a job in Nigeria with our present economy

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Marpol: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
Statsocial:

These are just some little products done in CU over years ago mostly by PG students. These days we've made far more progress in Research and Innovation than any public university. So because we don't shout doesn't mean we are not relevant.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine vehicle with air condition
produced by Covenant University.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine tri-cycle.
Interlocking Brick making machine
Solar PV (Semiconductor-based technology used to convert solar radiation into
direct electrical and power electrical appliances).
Multipurpose Cowpea Dehullar (Machine used in removing seed coat and to
separate shaff from seed). It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes.
Wind Turnel. Determines terminal velocity of materials. The terminal velocity
is usually used in designing.
Yam Pounding Machine. For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in for (4)
minutes.
Solar Charge Controller – Charger for Deep circle batteries
Solar Cooker
Multiple Output DC Power Supply
Surge protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher
Inverter
Relay Tuner

Are these new technologies? What you are doing is just reproducing what has been produced .

The Chinese are already doing that on a larger scale.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Funpeter: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
Until you attend Cu you won't be convince.

lord bless me so that I can give my children the best......

Was opportune to attend parent's forum for new intake and was marvel with the schoo

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Slurity:
Any first class from this school is a potential average student
and what type of student are u?first class from public university that has nothing to show for it?

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Ademat7(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
He schooled here.
He said that most unis hardly produced more than 7 first class graduates,not only his uni.
He made that comment when unilag produced 200+ graduates .
He was only bewildered with the rate schools produce first class graduates these days.
He didnt say that unis are compromising their standards cos he is no longer in the system to tell such.

my old man seemed to be confused and want to know whether na the same first class that hardly come easy during their time that this new generation just dey get like say na beans .

and come to think of it,most of them idle away their precious time on WhatsApp, Facebook and nairaland like me.
lozzz
Stop holding firm on old ways,change is d only constant thing so embrace it for your betterment.
I can't imagine someone will bring this up in 21st century and by d way I grad from federal university
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by DrAmanda(f): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Congratulations to my beautiful friend, Nk for being among the 188. More grease to your elbow.
Super proud of you
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
People who ran away from Public Universities because of common jamb and post UTME are making first class everywhere... there is God oo

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Ademat7(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
arena07:
and what type of student are u?first class from public university that has nothing to show for it?
Leave those peeps lest they infect u,CU may hv it shortcomings but some pple's hatred for private uni is second to Lucifer's own
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
YorubaNigga:

Keep quiet if you didn't understand what you are asking!
Only a fool would not believe that a 3rd class in government uni will bag a 1st class in CU

I remembered when I was in undergrad, in a particular course everybody scored so high in d test. The lowest mark is 26/30. To unknown expectations while everybody is expecting A's, the lecturer had to make further adjustments to our exam questions in order to make the exam questions harder by setting advanced questions we weren't thought! We asked him why he did such to us and he answered that he's meant to lecture us the fundamentals and we to study more in details. Can u experience such in private unis?
[s]In Nigerian private unis, you can easily walk up to the lecturers and talk how to adjust ur scores out with them[/s]. That is what u paid for.
Don't say what you dont know, during my time, i couldn't attend private uni because my parent couldn't afford, i dont point fingers at private uni grads as been below standard.
Nigérians are so addicted to suffering that they believe those that suffered most are the best, even in education. That is not true,learning is supposed to fun and not difficult. Your suffering in school doesn't make you any better, blame the government and stop exalting rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Demzy4: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Well, I'm not surprised about the hate from federal school students here. It's normal.

But you all need to know it's not about the grades students graduate with but what they have upstairs.

To me, most of CU students are very good regardless of the grades they finish with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by stzy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
Reminds me of the private secondary school where i did my service..... where students have to write exam twice because they failed woefully so that parents will happily pay school fees next term.....

Am not saying thats applicable to cu buh outta one thousand something student you are able to produce 188 first class
that is 13.18% and 39.8% second class upper....

I gotta ask... what is their grading system like?

Is it our normal
4.50-5.00 first class
3.50-4.49 second class upper
2.49-3.49 second class lower

if you have carry over a 2unit course and pass it in the next sitting, does the unit remain 2 or does it change to 4?

188 first class..... wow
education is highly overrated

3 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Omeokachie: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Is it quota system?

This first class you people are sharing...there is gordu oooo

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
If someone like Davido with his height of social life had attended a public university i doubt weder pass for reach e hand but i heard he made a 2.1 in bacook university... Hmmmm Davido d scholar

3 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
... cool
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Omeokachie:
Is it quota system?

This first class you people are sharing...there is gordu oooo

lol
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:
If someone like Davido with his height of social life had attended a public university i doubt weder pass for reach e hand but i heard he made a 2.1 in bacook university... Hmmmm Davido d scholar

Lol
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

Why, because it's a private university! You all need to stop this hating. It's unhealthy.
leave them. Probably because they can't afford the school fees. Graduants from these priv unis are mostly kids of influential people, so they'd still find a job before those claiming their federal school are standard blablabla. Rubbish
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by charlesucheh(m): 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
And they'll still come and drag N-Power job with us! Kai this country! Went for the final stage of the last EFCC DS interview and saw people with Coventry University cert and the likes! I was like how many years will this one's work to make up for the millions of Naira they spent going to those schools! This country sha!

2 Shares

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Newerakings(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
durentchigozie:
leave them. Probably because they can't afford the school fees. Graduants from these priv unis are mostly kids of influential people, so they'd still find a job before those claiming their federal school are standard blablabla. Rubbish

Most of you ran to private universities and Ghanaian Universities because you could not pass Jamb and Post UTME..... Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Sonoyom(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nice one
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Majesticniyi(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
I don't understand these people debating the standard of CU sha. I graduated from UI but I know anyone that says CU produces substandard graduates is simply an ignoramus.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
TheVictorious:

A total of 188 students of Covenant University in Ota, Ogun, on Friday (today) graduated with first class degree at the 2016/2017 convocation ceremony of the university.

Prof. Aaron Atayero, the Vice-Chancellor (VC), disclosed this during the 12th Convocation Ceremony and Conferment of Honorary Doctorate Degrees and presentation of prizes in Ota.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 1,426 students graduated this academic session.
They comprised 188 with first class honours degree, 568 with second class upper honours, 322 with second class lower, 47 with third class and 301 post graduate students.

Atayero said the university had trained a set of “expert thinkers and world changers” that had the ability to thrive in adversity and contribute their quotas to national development.
The VC also said that the institution was a foremost private university in Nigeria, setting the pace for other public and private institutions.
“Covenant University has continued to be at the cutting edge of innovation and research in proffering solutions to the nation’s challenges,’’ he said.

Dr David Oyedepo, the University Chancellor, said that the 2016 edition of the Nigerian Graduate Report ranked the products of the institution as the most employable graduates among all Nigerian universities.
Oyedepo said that most of the nation’s challenges needed indigenous solutions rather than foreign ones.
He said that the nation found itself where it was by choice, adding that it was time individual and leaders took the responsibility of solving the nation’s problems.
“Education would enhance such initiative in solving the nation’s challenges because it cannot give what we do not have in solving our problems,’’ he said.
Oyedepo urged the graduands to go forth well prepared to take responsibilities as they were going into a world of endless opportunities.
He also advised them to be purposeful contributors to the development of the nation.

Mrs Cecilia Akintomide, a former Vice-President and Secretary General in African Development Bank, in a keynote address, said that Nigeria could not continue to maintain the status quo in the education sector.
“The continued creation of private universities with inadequate funding for public universities will generate inequities that will haunt our future,’’ she said.
Akintomide said that resources available for public universities were limited in providing employable graduates.
She stressed the need for the Federal Government to grant scholarship to less privileged people so that they could achieve their dreams and contribute to the nation’s development.
She advised the Federal Government to improve funding of the educational sector by allocating more funds to it in the annual budgets.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/188-students-bag-first-class-honours-at-covenant-university/206492.html

Congrats to them. I respect 1st class student because it can't be given on a platter of gold. Most private University student bag more first class because their environment is more conducive to do so. Infrequent strike, lack of good nutrition, poor hostel facilities, hostile lecturers and lecture environment, bedevil our public institutions. I always wanted to be tops in the University but it wasn't to be, so I esteem people who do.

Ponzi Hater

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

Most of you ran to private universities and Ghanaian Universities because you could not pass Jamb and Post UTME..... Nonsense.
I am a graduate of Nnamdi azikiwe university, awka. UNIZIK. And God knows my kids would attend private unis or schools abroad(by his grace) not some federal rubbish were students are made to believe suffering is the key to success. A hall meant for 20 students would have 200 students inside, definitely not my kids.

4 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

Make dey go Uniben, UI, or Ekiti state University make I hear say no be 3rd class dey do take finish...

If me go covenant I go even set another standard
What of OAU
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Aburi001: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
madridguy:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM ALL.
The FIRST CLASS na for sale? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

It'shating. I used to hate the fact that my brother is in CU too, so trust me when I say those are hate comments
I get you so well... I don't blame people because my father too once belonged to the school of thought that all private schools are substandard until he had an encounter with CU and LMU... it's the bad eggs that do cause the ill comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by YorubaNigga(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
durentchigozie:
Don't say what you dont know, during my time, i couldn't attend private uni because my parent couldn't afford, i dont point fingers at private uni grads as been below standard.
Nigérians are so addicted to suffering that they believe those that suffered most are the best, even in education. That is not true,learning is supposed to fun and not difficult. Your suffering in school doesn't make you any better, blame the government and stop exalting rubbish.
You're right in the aspect of standards but what we are discussing here is complexity of education. It is easier to bag first class in private unis. I have friends there and I know how they make it up with their lecturers for marks

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Walelavender(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Going to a private Varsity and returning with a 3rd-class is a NO-NO. The least should be 2-2. If there would be any,it should be less than 10.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

not so true Bro... I'm a student in one of these schools and I know a lot of bright minds who their parents just don't want them to go through the hardship they went through while in school.... I tell u a very good environment helps most private University students... No strike, lecturers are compelled to come to class, very good accommodation and so on. I tell you if government's universities can adopt these things the same thing would also be happening because there are a lot of bright minds also in government universities just that they are subjected to the wrong conditions. Though I would also acknowledge some private schools are bad eggs dragging others collectively into the mud.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
charlesucheh:
And they'll still come and drag N-Power job with us! Kai this country! Went for the final stage of the last EFCC DS interview and saw people with Coventry University cert and the likes! I was like how many years will this one's work to make up for the millions of Naira they spent going to those schools! This country sha!
They can drag anything with you as far they are Nigerians
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Emmyogbu: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=HeOrShe post=58691502]Nice one....

Make dey go Uniben, UI, or Ekiti state University make I hear say no be 3rd class dey do take finish...

If me go covenant I go even set another standard [/quo

make dem try Ksu......
my standard go b 5.00
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
respect80:

grin
in that case it's justifiable. But some institutions are terrible enough to compromise with things that ought to matter a lot.

Well, we hope to see a new generation of African scientists who will liberate us from the long-extended shackles of the white that has caged our self-esteem
I tell you some private universities are just disgracing the good ones... I believe our educational system would change one day and we would be given the opportunity to utilize our potentials... Keep soaring high Bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel / "My Boyfriend Encouraged Me" –UNILORIN Best Anatomy Graduate / 150 Courses Unaccredited In Nigerian Universities — FULL LIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.