Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (37764 Views)

161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by adez33(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice one....

Make dey go Uniben, UI, or Ekiti state University make I hear say no be 3rd class dey do take finish...

If me go covenant I go even set another standard
yes u ar right...especialy ekiti nd ui
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Stbottle(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
we actually do just that most of us found ourselves in a country not so enabling.... Most of the equipments used in Landmark University farms were designed and built by students.

I really dont know why you have to defend yourself against this poor-minded and deluded people. You are trying to fit into ut with them and it should'nt be so. Whoever wants to send his/her ward to CU should do and of not they should shut their lice infested mouths.

Every single time covenant university or other private schls come on news, they alwaya receive backlash, dont you think it stems from their insecurities ?? They feel they cant meet up. whether or not, we have set a standard, changed the status quo. They should enjoy their ill-literate lecturers too who only derive joy in giving marks to their grandmothers.

Dnt reply anybody's stupidy about CU again, please. It shouldnt happen.

4 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

I graduated 2015, but I think he is no longer the VC
yeah it's Prof Ojediran now I don't know it's like OBJ likes LAUTECH Professors
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Stbottle:

I really dont know why you have to defend yourself against this poor-minded and deluded people. You are trying to fit into ut with them and it should'nt be so. Whoever wants to send his/her ward to CU should do and of not they should shut their lice infested mouths.

Every single time covenant university or other private schls come on news, they alwaya receive backlash, dont you think it stems from their insecurities ?? They feel they cant meet up. whether or not, we have set a standard, changed the status quo. They should enjoy their ill-literate lecturers too who only derive joy in giving marks to their grandmothers.

I get you just that I find it difficult not to defend what I know is right... Most Nigerian students see hardship in the higher institution as a normal thing which should not be so. Because even it was not so in the time of the older generation but our generation has been made to embrace hardship as training

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

You are a perfect paragon of what the Oxford dictionary defines as a fool to think that your SHUT UP meant anything to me, i only mentioned that to point out the stupidity you have acquired over time.

Let me reiterate here again in the interest of emphasis that private universities are refuge for those who could not pass jamb.

whether you agree with me or not is inconsequential but i hold that truth to be self evident.

Bleep off my page slowpoke

And those that passed jamb are those that finished from federal universities? U are too deluded to see where i wrote how we helped most of undergraduates and graduates of public universities to make sure their O''level and jamb are OK? I don't need to expose more on that.Besides what i can deduced from the rubbish you have been spewing since is that jamb really dealt with you,which means you failed jamb five times or more...olodo as i said before stop hyping jamb....
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by MrDKR(m): 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
Can you compare the total number of Students in UniLag to CU?

For CU, wey u go probably know everybody for a dept. My point is, for the population of UniLag, 230 first class is not too much!

Statsocial:
Before anyone comes to attack CU let's not forget that Unilag produced over 230 first class for this year alone.

And before anyone query the contribution of all these first class degrees to Nigeria pls let us also query the value of UK first classes to Nigeria because at least there are more UK first class recipients in Nigeria than there are those from CU.
TheVictorious were u in CU today?
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Stbottle:

Well said eventhough I finished from public university
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by mofewilkie(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Newerakings:

Most of you ran to private universities and Ghanaian Universities because you could not pass Jamb and Post UTME..... Nonsense.
Your ignorance precedes you. I finished from CU and i and a lot of my friends scored over 250 in jamb (first attempt) , i know people who scored over 280 in my course... Had waec first.attempt too. stop hating, and be happy for people making it in life .

3 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by micxwell(m): 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
not so true Bro... I'm a student in one of these schools and I know a lot of bright minds who their parents just don't want them to go through the hardship they went through while in school.... I tell u a very good environment helps most private University students... No strike, lecturers are compelled to come to class, very good accommodation and so on. I tell you if government's universities can adopt these things the same thing would also be happening because there are a lot of bright minds also in government universities just that they are subjected to the wrong conditions. Though I would also acknowledge some private schools are bad eggs dragging others collectively into the mud.
Much respect for this.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
micxwell:
Much respect for this.
Thanks Bro... Keep soaring high.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Pinkfeet: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
hmmmmmmm
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by lilmax(m): 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
third class warriors no go allow person hear word grin

try harder in your next life and stop hating peoples success

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by micxwell(m): 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:

When I was in secondary then, 70% of my classmates had their minds in private universities. The other 22%, had theirs in Europe. Us the remaining 8% were the ones going to federal schools. Me then, would tell them that employers usually favor graduates with a federal degree than those with a private degree. Mehn that was high level of hating. So I can definitely identify a hateful comment. Though I went to Bells sha.
grin grin, Lol funny you....
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by micxwell(m): 11:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
Duru009:
Thank you lord. I will be doing my Ph.D in Covenant University next year 2018!!
Why not travel abroad sir....
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Demzy4: 12:11am On Jul 22, 2017
Let me try to clear this argument. Lecturers in most private universities graduated from public universities. So if you keep saying that private universities are not up to standard because of what they are been taught by the so called lecturers who graduated from public universities then we can indirectly say public universities do not produce well refined products meaning public universities are not up to standard too.

3 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:06am On Jul 22, 2017
Statsocial:

Also our labs are extremely well equipped. At least we have ppl from fed unis who pay to come over and use our molecular laboratories instead of going to south Africa as they previously did. And Living faith just gave us another 1 billion to equip two others in d new research center and told us to 'gladly' ask for more money if we need.
abeg let me come from here please the lecturers you dey used which schools produce them hmmm. Abeg money can't buy all things. It is wisdom that things great. Public universities produced the lecturers that's teaching you in CU and LU.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:09am On Jul 22, 2017
lilmax:
third class warriors no go allow person hear word grin

try harder in your next life and stop hating peoples success
and who told you third class graduates aren't doing well in their destinies hmmm. Stop beefing okay.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:19am On Jul 22, 2017
Statsocial:

Yes! but even added to that, the unique rules in CU makes it possible to thrive by eliminating distractions. We can't club, We don't use phones, To get a Visa to some countries is actually easier to do than getting an official Exeat under pretence. So in that kind of system a person really has no choice than to face his books and his bible....
but some bad CU students smoke cigarrette during NYSC camp period. You can't deny that hmmmmmmmm.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:23am On Jul 22, 2017
YorubaNigga:

Keep quiet if you didn't understand what you are asking!
Only a fool would not believe that a 3rd class in government uni will bag a 1st class in CU

I remembered when I was in undergrad, in a particular course everybody scored so high in d test. The lowest mark is 26/30. To unknown expectations while everybody is expecting A's, the lecturer had to make further adjustments to our exam questions in order to make the exam questions harder by setting advanced questions we weren't thought! We asked him why he did such to us and he answered that he's meant to lecture us the fundamentals and we to study more in details. Can u experience such in private unis?
In Nigerian private unis, you can easily walk up to the lecturers and talk how to adjust ur scores out with them. That is what u paid for.
exactly you really nailed it here. It is very true. They really paid for their grade.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by GetHelpWorldwid: 1:25am On Jul 22, 2017
Unilag 1st Class = Uniport second class upper
Covenant 1st Class = Unizik Second class lower

Therefore, Covenant 1st class = Uniport 3rd Class
#Unique Uniport.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by GetHelpWorldwid: 1:34am On Jul 22, 2017
vicfuntop:

When I was in secondary then, 70% of my classmates had their minds in private universities. The other 22%, had theirs in Europe. Us the remaining 8% were the ones going to federal schools. Me then, would tell them that employers usually favor graduates with a federal degree than those with a private degree. Mehn that was high level of hating. So I can definitely identify a hateful comment. Though I went to Bells sha.

Indeed, you just made a proof for the bolded statement on the last line.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:40am On Jul 22, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
I get you so well... I don't blame people because my father too once belonged to the school of thought that all private schools are substandard until he had an encounter with CU and LMU... it's the bad eggs that do cause the ill comments.
you haven't reply well here cos most of the lecturers teaching you in private schools are products of public university and till today they are still using them. Name the private university graduates they retain to lecture hmm. It is only public universities lecturers they can employ.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 1:44am On Jul 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
you haven't reply well here cos most of the lecturers teaching you in private schools are products of public university and till today they are still using them. Name the private university graduates they retain to lecture hmm. It is only public universities lecturers they can employ.
yeah most private schools are still young but schools like Covenant that are up to 15years have some of their graduates as lecturers already in the school and other schools. I'm not condemning public schools ooo I'm just explaining that to those complaining about the quality of the degree that with the right conditions things like this can happen in our conventional universities too.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:45am On Jul 22, 2017
intricate:
listen to yourself... angry

what is the product of combustion of hydrocarbon?

please not all of us are ignorants u know
abeg ask him more questions. At least he will be able to ask his lecturer about it.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 1:54am On Jul 22, 2017
SnowJay92:

If students are failing it means the tutors are failing woefully, that a sizeable number of students can't graduate with good grades simply means that the academic system and environment through which they passed through is terrible, if there are still any academic institutions that try to impact anything it's the private unis and that's simply the reason for their having so many first class graduates, that side A is for brilliant students, and not for god.
so the federal universities that's producing the lecturers that's teaching you there aren't impacting knowledge abi. Abeg swerve. Your reply is totally wrong here. Try harder. As far as Nigeria is concern public universities are impacting knowledge more than the private ones. At least I can see thousands of private university graduates applying for masters in Unilorin every year. At least you can see that public universities are impacting more knowledge.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 2:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Ugosample:

At least they are making an effort.
really have they discover the new chemical elements niii hmmm.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 22, 2017
GetHelpWorldwid:

Indeed, you just made a proof for the bolded statement on the last line.

People that jump into conclusions irritate me the most. You should learn to understand before voicing out your opinion. Go and check your dictionary for the word Then and Though. I hope you saw sha in the end. I find having to explain something that is easily understandable annoying
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 2:06am On Jul 22, 2017
YelloweWest:

The standard at covenant is higher than the universities u mentioned.

The difference is that covenant is like secondary school. Students are forced to focus their studies!
No phones!
but smoke cigarette after school hours baaa. Abeg there's no standard cos it is as much you have the money the higher your grade. It is during NYSC you will see the caliber of the students covenant university is breeding.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 2:17am On Jul 22, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
na true sha some kind private uni dey fall hand... But if na Covenant or Landmark I dey very sure of those ones so I would just speak for them alone.
stop hyping CU and LMU here their management employed public university lecturers to teach their students. I could remember landmark university in Omu Aran na unilorin lecturers full that place doing part time teaching. All these CU and LMU is money. Once you have the money you are good to go with good grades.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:24am On Jul 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
stop hyping CU and LMU here their management employed public university lecturers to teach their students. I could remember landmark university in Omu Aran na unilorin lecturers full that place doing part time teaching. All these CU and LMU is money. Once you have the money you are good to go with good grades.
Surely they have to employ adjunct lecturers for a start... I'm not hyping them I'm talking about them because I'm a student there and I know getting grades with money is very very difficult. Though since LMU now has a lot of permanent resident lecturers. What most people think is that money is all it takes for all private universities but it's actually not.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Johnnyessence(m): 2:30am On Jul 22, 2017
Stbottle:

you haven't reply well cos you didn't appreciate the public universities that produced the lecturers that's teaching you. Very very bad from you. Well not to worry cos they will be employing public university lecturers. Am asking why is your university employing illiterates lecturers you called here. You don't have any point here. Appreciate the lecturers for their efforts in making you to pass hmmm.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Stbottle(m): 2:32am On Jul 22, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
I get you just that I find it difficult not to defend what I know is right... Most Nigerian students see hardship in the higher institution as a normal thing which should not be so. Because even it was not so in the time of the older generation but our generation has been made to embrace hardship as training

Please mate, ignore them...you cant force them to be bright in life, as a matter of fact the more we try to defend our fees the more they bring up banters against the schl. And it is pure ignorance, most of them just went to schl but are still not educated.

I always replied them initially, but they proved too rebelious in their ignorance and unwillingness to leave it. They love the hardship when it comes to arguing with private unis, but they complain about nigeria when it gets amongst themselves. That my bro, is not only ignorance, it is also a leading path to continued backwardness we are suffering as a nation.

By the time they leave whatever clime they schld at, instead of them to change the environment for good due to their previous experience and willigness to make things properly easy for their fellow brothers or citizen, they'ld rather follow the footsteps they allowed to be imprinted in their hearts by their devil dine-mate lecturers.

CU gets no funding for itself from anywhere unlike their own schl that is opened to the governments pockets. These same idiots, will rule nigeria and still not change anything. But when it comes to hating on their fellow graduates from the private schls when a feat has been achieved, they are always in their war-robes. Cowards like them. Please grow into ignoring them, thats who they are trained to be, you'ld see that as you work with some of them in offices, and businesses.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons) / 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.