Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos (22084 Views)

Tinubu Wins As Oyegun Formally Withdraws From APC Chairmanship Race / Jeremiah Ogboveta Shot Dead (Delta APC Chairmanship Candidate) / Shakiru Alabi Balogun Dies In Car Crash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by YelloweWest: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
angry
Indian juju film
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by ivolt: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
Afonjas. And juju na 5 &6. They don render that man family useless because of selfish interest

God

Go get a life you jobless miscreant!

1 Like

Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by emajoe: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
R.I.P. to the dead.
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Lorhd: 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Power show tinz from​ India shocked shocked shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
I witnessed it yesterday,it was sad. RIP

Driving through that Oko-Filling Bus Stop is alwys a struggle because of the way those PSP trucks park.
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Something has to be be done about the refuse truck drivers. They are so reckless. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Nathanieloo7(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
R.i.p sir he was such a nice man # my frd dad #GOD LOVE U MORE DADDY BIGGIE SULTAN
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Tunagee(m): 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Classicjadon:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-F5SqJJSG4zE/WXLxjsev3xI/AAAAAAAADjc/U5rJVbexfKQ8_GvnEwN9zpjUBEqw9TzAgCLcBGAs/s640/apc.png[/img]

Tragedy struck on the eve of local government council election in Lagos State as a PSP truck crushed a chairmanship aspirant of the Ikotun/Igando Local Council Development Area to death.

The deceased, Shakiru Balogun, aka SAB, was a former Chairman, National Union of Local Government Employees of the LCDA and a member of the All Progressives Congress. He couldn’t clinch the party’s ticket at the primaries.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that the aspirant was going to the council secretariat around 12pm on Friday when the driver of the PSP truck lost control of the truck and rammed it into Balogun’s Toyota 4runner at Okofili Bus Stop, LASU-Isheri Road.

An eyewitness, Fadeyi Daisi, said 52-year-old Balogun died on the spot.

He added, “The PSP driver fled the scene, but I don’t know if he was later arrested by the police. It was very tragic. The door of the sport utility vehicle was cut with a saw before emergency officials could extricate his body.”

A resident of Abu Taiwo Street, Afolabi Bus Stop, Akesan, where Balogun lived, Joshua Ogundipe, said the incident had thrown the community into mourning.

Ogundipe added, “He accepted defeat at the primaries in good faith. He was going to the office when the incident happened. He is survived by two wives and four children. He had been buried according to Islamic rite.”

A sympathiser, Oyejobi Olakunle, described SAB’s death as a colossal loss.

“What a great loss to our entire generation. Your indelible mark lives on. #SobbingMode#

WhatAgreatLoss,” Olakunle wrote on Facebook.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole could not be reached for comments.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/07/shocking-psp-operator-kills-apc-council.html

Well sorry o! Corrupt politician. Go spend the money for heaven
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by orjaha(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
OMG!!!! u should have been in your house praying
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Chukazu: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
these LAWMA truck drivers are seriously competing with DANGOTE truck drivers for the CHAIRMANSHIP position of "HIGHWAY SPEED KILLERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA "

undecided undecided
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by money121(m): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
Tunagee:

Well sorry o! Corrupt politician. Go spend the money for heaven

Na whaooo u need sense is not compulsory u comment now.
Haabaaa
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by money121(m): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
R.I.P Uncle cry cry

Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by Enifloxy(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Classicjadon:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-F5SqJJSG4zE/WXLxjsev3xI/AAAAAAAADjc/U5rJVbexfKQ8_GvnEwN9zpjUBEqw9TzAgCLcBGAs/s640/apc.png[/img]

Tragedy struck on the eve of local government council election in Lagos State as a PSP truck crushed a chairmanship aspirant of the Ikotun/Igando Local Council Development Area to death.

The deceased, Shakiru Balogun, aka SAB, was a former Chairman, National Union of Local Government Employees of the LCDA and a member of the All Progressives Congress. He couldn’t clinch the party’s ticket at the primaries.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that the aspirant was going to the council secretariat around 12pm on Friday when the driver of the PSP truck lost control of the truck and rammed it into Balogun’s Toyota 4runner at Okofili Bus Stop, LASU-Isheri Road.

An eyewitness, Fadeyi Daisi, said 52-year-old Balogun died on the spot.

He added, “The PSP driver fled the scene, but I don’t know if he was later arrested by the police. It was very tragic. The door of the sport utility vehicle was cut with a saw before emergency officials could extricate his body.”

A resident of Abu Taiwo Street, Afolabi Bus Stop, Akesan, where Balogun lived, Joshua Ogundipe, said the incident had thrown the community into mourning.

Ogundipe added, “He accepted defeat at the primaries in good faith. He was going to the office when the incident happened. He is survived by two wives and four children. He had been buried according to Islamic rite.”

A sympathiser, Oyejobi Olakunle, described SAB’s death as a colossal loss.

“What a great loss to our entire generation. Your indelible mark lives on. #SobbingMode#

WhatAgreatLoss,” Olakunle wrote on Facebook.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole could not be reached for comments.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/07/shocking-psp-operator-kills-apc-council.html

I was two vehicles away from him. was a bad sight...

Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by fumiswtpusy(f): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
His fellow yoruba opponent don doing juju
But why do we yorubas like juju so much. I just wonder
Anyway I don't fell sory for him.he should go to hell. grin
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by rezzy: 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
All those yeye truck at Oko filling is causing lot of problem. Government should give them where to park their trucks abeg.

That accident caused terrible hold up yesterday
Re: Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos by rezzy: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Dannys85:
I witnessed it yesterday,it was sad. RIP

Driving through that Oko-Filling Bus Stop is alwys a struggle because of the way those PSP trucks park.

You no lie. The busstop is so messy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) / I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.