Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic (15478 Views)

Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2017
SegunAdewole:

You should be hunting for human skulls in the crackwoods of oshogbo and not impostering as an 'Ibo who hate Biafra and wants to unite with broken-headed ewedu skulls" so you can consume undeserved applause from your fellow morons with ewedu-stained muslim beards. Ayuaa! grin grin

Spending so much of one's life with such deranged hate must be a hell of a heavy weight to lift everywhere. Sucks to be you. grin Sorry....
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Joebie: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
wisdom!!!

Mujtahida:
@Vanbonattel I want you to pay attention to words and the perception they create. Look at this scenario: I go to a community and settle there. My children grow up there and eventually get into positions of power and influence and then I take pride in their achievements by telling those in the community that my sons are DOING WELL by SERVING the community through their positions and that I am PROUD of them.
In this way I can take pride in their achievements without drawing unnecessary hatred(human beings are naturally prone to envy and hatred not to talk of when one starts putting it to their face) but imagine if I go around town shouting at every drinking joint, every social gathering: 'my sons dominate, they dominate and will continue to dominate ' how would you react? The fact is I want to take pride in their achievements but in the first instance I would have done it with tact, sensitivity and wisdom and in the second instance would have done it foolishly and it might even be counter productive if it leads the community to boot my sons out of their position of power and influence.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Joebie:
wisdom!!!
How are you doing Bro.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Joebie: 7:45am On Jul 24, 2017
I'm good o.. And you?
Mujtahida:

How are you doing Bro.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Joebie: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2017
The problem I see here is this post shouldn't have attracted people of other tribes but Ibos alone. It's hard to change people's belief and mentality. If you believe something wholeheartedly you would only see/find information that strengthens that belief but discard anything that refutes it. Leave people to their ways. Tribalism is Nigeria's number one problem. And people form every tribe in Nigeria are tribalistic, which is why we can never face our real issues. I've long given up in Nigeria, because i've given up in the common man where the hope of Nigeria truly lies.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
Joebie:
I'm good o.. And you?
Fine ooo. Cheers
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by ForumNL(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by ForumNL(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by ForumNL(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Kingspin(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
Leave this matter alone before they conspire to fail them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by eternalibo: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
StOla:

So you went to the other thread about the girl from Electrical/Electronics Engineering to pluck this list to conclude that Igbos top the list of graduands In the whole university, using just a single department to arrive at your conclusion?

By the way, what are Igbos doing in a Yoruba man's university?

You are truly suffering from inferiority complex and boundless misery, but we in the West will continue to show your people the way out of the misery that abounds in the Eastern block.

You're emotionally hurt that foreigners are outperforming you in your own land, but that wouldn't stop them. It's a regular thing self.
Also it's a Nigerian university not a Yoruba university. Stop being tribalist.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by ForumNL(m): 7:44am On Aug 16, 2022
Covenant University is a Church owned University owned by a Yoruba Man and attended by diverse tribe

Igbo in the East has only 26 institution of which
15 is private universities (schools that are struggling to exist)
5 federal
6 states

Yoruba has
7 federal universities
14 state Universities
45 private universities

All these point out to the fact that
1. Igbos must always leave their region to survive

2. Covenant Institution is the most preferred private institution in Nigeria, so an average Igbo prefers to attend covenant to the private institution in East

3. Covenant Institution is not a Yoruba based school, profit is the goal, the same way Yoruba fill up schools in UK, USA, CANADA and they were not denied admission is the same way anyone can gain admission to Covenant University

4. An average Yoruba that wanted to attend private institution has many options ranging from Redeemers, JABU, BABCOCK, ADELEKE, ABUAD, ELIZADE, TOPMOST, ANCHOR etc (the list is endless) - Most attend their Church University or Islamic University

Still checking the graduating list, Yoruba dominate it, next is Igbo and other south south
Please don't confuse Igbo names with others in south south, not all the non-yoruba names are Igbo

Covenant University is expected to have cocktail of tribes as it's the most popular private institution

Thank you all
EDO PIKIN

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Atiku’s Posters Flood Katsina PDP Secretariat / Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) / Olajide Oduyoye Visits LASTMA Zonal Offices Affected By EndSARS Riot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.